PROBLEM - Report based on query that has criteria based on listbox

I'm trying to get a report to load that is based on a criteria which is set
according to the value of a listbox on a form.  (all in 2007)  When I open
the report (by clicking on button) Access asks for the parmeter [which is the
listbox.value]

The report will run fine if I enter the correct value but I don't want it to
ask.

this is the format of the criteria in the query:
[Forms]![frmMain]![lstPRRListing]  The listbox does have a value when the
report is opened and the form is never closed.

Any thoughts on why the query can not see the listbox?

Is the listbox's MultiSelect property set to SIMPLE.  If not, that is your
problem.

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

sk wrote:
> I'm trying to get a report to load that is based on a criteria which is set
> according to the value of a listbox on a form.  (all in 2007)  When I open
> the report (by clicking on button) Access asks for the parmeter [which is the
> listbox.value]
>
> The report will run fine if I enter the correct value but I don't want it to
> ask.
>
> this is the format of the criteria in the query:
> [Forms]![frmMain]![lstPRRListing]  The listbox does have a value when the
> report is opened and the form is never closed.
>
> Any thoughts on why the query can not see the listbox?
0
John
4/21/2010 7:40:36 PM
it is set to NONE.  I had it working on a different form with the same
setting.  I can not figure out what is different between the two forms.

"John Spencer" wrote:

> Is the listbox's MultiSelect property set to SIMPLE.  If not, that is your
> problem.
>

> John Spencer
> Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
> The Hilltop Institute
> University of Maryland Baltimore County
>
> sk wrote:
> > I'm trying to get a report to load that is based on a criteria which is set
> > according to the value of a listbox on a form.  (all in 2007)  When I open
> > the report (by clicking on button) Access asks for the parmeter [which is the
> > listbox.value]
> >
> > The report will run fine if I enter the correct value but I don't want it to
> > ask.
> >
> > this is the format of the criteria in the query:
> > [Forms]![frmMain]![lstPRRListing]  The listbox does have a value when the
> > report is opened and the form is never closed.
> >
> > Any thoughts on why the query can not see the listbox?
> .

Whoops. NONE is the correct setting.

Could you show us the query that the report is using (View: SQL then copy and
paste)?

Is it possible that you have misspelled the reference to the listbox.
For instance could it be that
    [Forms]![frmMain]![lstPRRListing]
should be
    [Forms]![frmMain]![lstPRListing]
(note the dropped double R in lstPRRListing).

sk wrote:
> it is set to NONE.  I had it working on a different form with the same
> setting.  I can not figure out what is different between the two forms.
>
> "John Spencer" wrote:
>
>> Is the listbox's MultiSelect property set to SIMPLE.  If not, that is your
>> problem.
>>

>> John Spencer
>> Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
>> The Hilltop Institute
>> University of Maryland Baltimore County
>>
>> sk wrote:
>>> I'm trying to get a report to load that is based on a criteria which is set
>>> according to the value of a listbox on a form.  (all in 2007)  When I open
>>> the report (by clicking on button) Access asks for the parmeter [which is the
>>> listbox.value]
>>>
>>> The report will run fine if I enter the correct value but I don't want it to
>>> ask.
>>>
>>> this is the format of the criteria in the query:
>>> [Forms]![frmMain]![lstPRRListing]  The listbox does have a value when the
>>> report is opened and the form is never closed.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts on why the query can not see the listbox?
>> .

0
John

Problem shortcuts in Word

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Parse text field based on spaces or commas or periods
Is there a way to parse a text field of different lengths at the places where there is a space or comma or period? Thanks! Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Jennifer" <Jennifer@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:E6ADC9F9-B62F-4FF6-98D3-19EA899926BD@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to parse a text field of different lengths at the places where > there is a space or comma or period? Thanks! ...

Problem with Authentication

calendar problem

problem #4

95 and 97 problem

Date problem

sync problems

data return based on two criteria
Hello, I have the following data in excel A2:A5 - cells are merged and contains partnumber (alpha numeric & numeric) C1:AF1 - DATE C2 - initial stock (number) C3 - receipts data (number) C4 - production (number) C5 = available stock (C2+C3)-C4 Similar data is maintained for 25 partnumbers I would like to have a sheet where the users can input date & partnumber and get available stock data. Your help will be highly appreciated. Regards, Jimmy Joseph Hello, Help please! Jimmy Joseph <jimmy.joseph@in.bosch.com> wrote in news:Xns97DB7A8693AB8jimmyjosephinboschco@clien...

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!

Resource editor problems

Directory Replication Problem #2

how to formulate Mth-Year & Year-Mth base on yyyymmdd ?
Hi, Appreciate very much if someone can help me here. Thanks. What formula to use in Excel column B and column C so that the output results in column B and column C can be automatically formulated base on the given dates data in column A ? Column A Column B Column C Date Month-Year Year-Month 20021111 Nov-02 200211 20021020 Oct-02 200210 20030226 Mar-03 200303 20030709 Jul-03 200307 20021220 Dec-02 200212 ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Y...

Cell Format

outlook web access redirect problem

Hide dupes in a query
I have a query that lists all customers that have ordered from us since a certain date. SELECT tblContactData.ChurchName, tblAddresses.DCreated, tblAddresses.Address1, tblAddresses.City, tblAddresses.State, tblAddresses.Zip, tblOrderHdr.ShipAddressID, Max(tblOrderHdr.OrderDate) AS MaxOfOrderDate, tblContactData.ContactID FROM ((tblContactData INNER JOIN tblAddresses ON tblContactData.ContactID = tblAddresses.aContactId) INNER JOIN tblStatus ON tblContactData.ConStatusID = tblStatus.StatusID) INNER JOIN tblOrderHdr ON tblContactData.ContactID = tblOrderHdr.oContactID GROUP BY...

Function "Workingdays" query error date
I am trying to calculate the number of days, excluding weekends, between two dates. I am using the "workingdays" VBA code. I have pasted the code in a module, naming it "mdlWorkingdays". The code is listed below along with a sample of the data. "mdlWorkingdays" Option Compare Database '*********** Code Start ************** Public Function Workingdays(Start_Date As Date, End_Date As Date) As Integer '.................................................................... ' Name: WorkingDays ' Inputs: StartDate As Date ' EndDate As Da...

Problem after sorting

Adding textboxes based on what user inputs in Total Students textb
Hi All, How can I add text boxes on the form based on what user inputs in a textbox? For eg: I have a textbox "Total Students" , so Once I input a number in that textbox, I want to have that many textboxes on the form. If I input 4 I want four textboxes to be displayed on the form. In addition to this: I want all this textboxes to be displayed in a specific frame, I have made this frame as "vertically scrollable" as I have limited space on my form and want to fit in as many textbo, Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance ...