Printing only filtered data in a form

Hi all-

I'm of new to Access 2007. I have created a form and a report. Is it
possible to have the user use the built in filter Access provides and click
the report button and  print only that data. Each time I open the form
different data will need to be selected by the user.

For a simple filter, you can just use the form's Filter string as the
WhereCondition for OpenReport.

This example assumes a command button named cmdPreview, that is to open
Report1 filtered the same way as the form:

    Private Sub cmdPreview_Click()
        Dim strWhere As String
        If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False
        If Me.FilterOn Then strWhere = Me.Filter
        DoCmd.OpenReport "report1", acViewPreview, , strWhere
    End Sub

It can get more complex where combos are involved. Post back if you have
difficulties.

"Printing only filtered data in a form" <Printing only filtered data in a
form@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all-
>
> I'm of new to Access 2007. I have created a form and a report. Is it
> possible to have the user use the built in filter Access provides and
> click
> the report button and  print only that data. Each time I open the form
> different data will need to be selected by the user.

0
Allen
12/1/2007 3:41:42 AM

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> For a simple filter, you can just use the form's Filter string as the
> WhereCondition for OpenReport.
>
> This example assumes a command button named cmdPreview, that is to open
> Report1 filtered the same way as the form:
>
>     Private Sub cmdPreview_Click()
>         Dim strWhere As String
>         If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False
>         If Me.FilterOn Then strWhere = Me.Filter
>         DoCmd.OpenReport "report1", acViewPreview, , strWhere
>     End Sub
>
> It can get more complex where combos are involved. Post back if you have
> difficulties.

> "Printing only filtered data in a form" <Printing only filtered data in a
> form@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all-
> >
> > I'm of new to Access 2007. I have created a form and a report. Is it
> > possible to have the user use the built in filter Access provides and
> > click
> > the report button and  print only that data. Each time I open the form
> > different data will need to be selected by the user.

Try this one, I know it is a bit complicated but you can use any queries or
sql statements to filter report data.

Private Sub Trip_Sheet_Click()

If Forms!frmTripheader!tabTripHeaderID <> "" Then
Call Fuel_Click
rep = "Trip Sheet"
repname = "repTripSheet"
repquery = strSQL
reptitle = "Trip Sheet"
Call OpenReport(rep, repquery, reptitle, repname)
Else
MsgBox ("Please chose trip"), vbInformation, "Trip Sheet"

End If

End Sub

repquery  = "select * from tabtripheader where tabtripheaderid = " & Forms
I tried the example code but there's no action when I click on the
(cmdPreview button.) I replaced "report1" with my report's name.

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> For a simple filter, you can just use the form's Filter string as the
> WhereCondition for OpenReport.
>
> This example assumes a command button named cmdPreview, that is to open
> Report1 filtered the same way as the form:
>
>     Private Sub cmdPreview_Click()
>         Dim strWhere As String
>         If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False
>         If Me.FilterOn Then strWhere = Me.Filter
>         DoCmd.OpenReport "report1", acViewPreview, , strWhere
>     End Sub
>
> It can get more complex where combos are involved. Post back if you have
> difficulties.

> "Printing only filtered data in a form" <Printing only filtered data in a
> form@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all-
> >
> > I'm of new to Access 2007. I have created a form and a report. Is it
> > possible to have the user use the built in filter Access provides and
> > click
> > the report button and  print only that data. Each time I open the form
> > different data will need to be selected by the user.

Is the code running at all?
To find out, you could add this line to the top of the procedure:
    MsgBox "cmdPreview_Click is doing something."

If it is not working at all, you may need to add your database's folder to
the trusted locations under:
    Office Button | Access Options | Trust Center | Trust Center Settings

>I tried the example code but there's no action when I click on the
> (cmdPreview button.) I replaced "report1" with my report's name.
>
> "Allen Browne" wrote:
>
>> For a simple filter, you can just use the form's Filter string as the
>> WhereCondition for OpenReport.
>>
>> This example assumes a command button named cmdPreview, that is to open
>> Report1 filtered the same way as the form:
>>
>>     Private Sub cmdPreview_Click()
>>         Dim strWhere As String
>>         If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False
>>         If Me.FilterOn Then strWhere = Me.Filter
>>         DoCmd.OpenReport "report1", acViewPreview, , strWhere
>>     End Sub
>>
>> It can get more complex where combos are involved. Post back if you have
>> difficulties.
>>
>> "Printing only filtered data in a form" <Printing only filtered data in a
>> form@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi all-
>> >
>> > I'm of new to Access 2007. I have created a form and a report. Is it
>> > possible to have the user use the built in filter Access provides and
>> > click
>> > the report button and  print only that data. Each time I open the form
>> > different data will need to be selected by the user.

0
Allen
12/4/2007 12:11:39 PM
When I click the button - even with (  MsgBox "cmdPreview_Click is doing
something.") the filter and paste buttons located at the top tool bar grays
out.

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> Is the code running at all?
> To find out, you could add this line to the top of the procedure:
>     MsgBox "cmdPreview_Click is doing something."
>
> If it is not working at all, you may need to add your database's folder to
> the trusted locations under:
>     Office Button | Access Options | Trust Center | Trust Center Settings

> "Printing only filtered data in a form"
> <Printingonlyfiltereddatainaform@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I tried the example code but there's no action when I click on the
> > (cmdPreview button.) I replaced "report1" with my report's name.
> >
> > "Allen Browne" wrote:
> >
> >> For a simple filter, you can just use the form's Filter string as the
> >> WhereCondition for OpenReport.
> >>
> >> This example assumes a command button named cmdPreview, that is to open
> >> Report1 filtered the same way as the form:
> >>
> >>     Private Sub cmdPreview_Click()
> >>         Dim strWhere As String
> >>         If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False
> >>         If Me.FilterOn Then strWhere = Me.Filter
> >>         DoCmd.OpenReport "report1", acViewPreview, , strWhere
> >>     End Sub
> >>
> >> It can get more complex where combos are involved. Post back if you have
> >> difficulties.
> >>
> >> "Printing only filtered data in a form" <Printing only filtered data in a
> >> form@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Does the MsgBox() pop up?

- No: set the trust centre options.

- Yes: Enter Stop on the next line. When it stops, press F8 to trace what's
going on.

> When I click the button - even with (  MsgBox "cmdPreview_Click is doing
> something.") the filter and paste buttons located at the top tool bar
> grays
> out.
>
> "Allen Browne" wrote:
>
>> Is the code running at all?
>> To find out, you could add this line to the top of the procedure:
>>     MsgBox "cmdPreview_Click is doing something."
>>
>> If it is not working at all, you may need to add your database's folder
>> the trusted locations under:
>>     Office Button | Access Options | Trust Center | Trust Center Settings
>>
>> "Printing only filtered data in a form"
>> <Printingonlyfiltereddatainaform@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> >I tried the example code but there's no action when I click on the
>> > (cmdPreview button.) I replaced "report1" with my report's name.

0
Allen
12/5/2007 1:46:31 PM
Hey Allen Browne-

Thank You!!!! It works now!! You have been very helpful!

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> Does the MsgBox() pop up?
>
> - No: set the trust centre options.
>
> - Yes: Enter Stop on the next line. When it stops, press F8 to trace what's
> going on.

> "Printing only filtered data in a form"
> <Printingonlyfiltereddatainaform@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I click the button - even with (  MsgBox "cmdPreview_Click is doing
> > something.") the filter and paste buttons located at the top tool bar
> > grays
> > out.
> >
> > "Allen Browne" wrote:
> >
> >> Is the code running at all?
> >> To find out, you could add this line to the top of the procedure:
> >>     MsgBox "cmdPreview_Click is doing something."
> >>
> >> If it is not working at all, you may need to add your database's folder
> >> the trusted locations under:
> >>     Office Button | Access Options | Trust Center | Trust Center Settings
> >>
> >> "Printing only filtered data in a form"
> >> <Printingonlyfiltereddatainaform@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message

Login with pwd & Open the main form depends on pwd
We have three groups of user that will use our database. Administrator (my boss & me), PowerUser (Manager / Supervisor) & NormalUser (clerk) Now, my front-end .accde will open my designed form – (main menu1) without any control. What we are planning are : 1. Users should have input their password (user can change by themselves) before they can login into the main menu. 2. Different class of user can open their own menu only (eg. Poweruser will open Frm_MainMenu1 & NormalUser will open Frm_MainMenu2 …) that depend on what password they input Could you give...

Using Filters
I am new to using filters & am trying to create a worksheet that will help my salesmen create quotes for our customers. I'd like them to be able to pick different equipment options with related prices and then have all options totalled at the bottom of the spreadsheet. Pkg # Description Amount 111 Option 1 209,667 112 Option 2 224,693 123 Option 3 ...

printing copies

wrap text in a chart data table #2
Hi, Im have created a graph, which ive had no problem, but i when i click the option to "show data table" i cannot get the titles to wrap to the box, i have searched but i cannot find an option to wrap the text as i need it for a presentation. I do not want to just simply alter the font size if possible. Is there anyway of doing this? ...

Ghosted print and print preview

Print Dynamic Range

Automatic refresh of the pivot table data
I have a data entry sheet and a pivot table based on the data entry sheet. Is there a way to make the pivot table data refresh automatically based on some trigger (e.g., leaving the data entry sheet)? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I have a data entry sheet, two pivot tables based on the data entry sheet, and two charts (not pivot charts) based on the pivot tables. One chart is located in a sheet, the other is a stand-alone chart. When I turn the file over to the user, the pivot tables will be hidden. I want both charts to automatically refresh when I click their tabs. ...

TCP/IP printing

Filtering is Automatically Marking messages as "Read"
I've defined a few rules in Outlook 2002 (i.e. XP) that automatically filter e-mail from various e-mail accounts to separate folders. The problem I'm experiencing is that Outlook is also marking these messages as "read," which means I have to manually troll the folders to look for new messages. I have verified that I do NOT have the "mark it as read" flag set in the rules wizard. Any ideas? ...

2004 Data Integrity
Am using the trial version of 2004 (previously a 2003 Quicken user). Conversion went ok ... Money user interface looks good. Question: In Quicken you can do a "verify data" function & get a report of any problems found. Any way Money can do the "verify or validate" feature? I tried the "fix" option but find no report on the outcome. Being used to Quicken, I just like to periodically know that my data file is error free (before something goes wrong). Thanks. ...

Printing booklet

Filter by month
Can someone please tell me how I can filter the following data to show me only specific months. For example, I want to find all data for the month of Jan. Thank You. Date Jan-01 Feb-02 Apr-04 Jan-03 Jan-02 Hi Marci, See Debra Dalgleish's instructions:: http://tinyurl.com/4c4mv --- Regards, Norman "Marci" <Marci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1094C395-061C-44A4-B47F-8911989A8139@microsoft.com... > Can someone please tell me how I can filter the following data to show me > only specific months. For example, I want to find all data for th...

Excel data into Word
I need to layout some data from excel into word. The final product needs to have 5 columns so that it looks like (repeated across). Name Name Address Address City, State ZIP City, State ZIP I remember doing this years ago in Word, but I cannot figure out to do it. I need to end up with 127 entries. This is for a page in a document. I seem to recall that at the end of each merged entry, there was a code that told word to enter the data going across rather than making a new page. Depending on whether you want the ent...

Check printing in GP 7.0

Auto Filters
Hello from Steved When using Auto Filters and I am in cell A2 is their a Macro I can use so I can use to put it back to cell A2. An example would be in cell AA200 to put it back I would have to go into filter and select all for it to go back to A2, there has to be a better way. ps I'm new to Auto Filters Thankyou Hi not really sure what you're trying to achieve. what do you mean with 'put it back' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Steved wrote: > Hello from Steved > > When using Auto Filters and I am in cell A2 is their a > Macro I can use so I can...

"Tiled" print setting.

Sum by like data
Question how can I use the SUM command to have it list the grand total for a wtn everytime time it changes? Example data WTN BillAMt 1111111 1.00 1111111 4.26 1111111 5.32 1111111 8.62 2222222 9.36 2222222 83.20 2222222 15.20 2222222 8.20 End result WTN BIllAmt 1111111 19.20 2222222 115.96 Use either pivot table or data>subtotal -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "...

Creating new attribute with Lookup as data type
I need to create a new attribute with Lookup as data type in the Account entity just like system Parent Account (parentaccountid) attribute in account entity, it would be great if I can just uplicate this system attribute. Since the new attribute (Dealer of Record) will be pointing to the same entity as parentaccountid, what is the best way go about doing this? Thanks. To achieve this you will have to create a new entity which will contain attributes you require and then you will have to set a many to one relationship between Account and your entity. After creating the entity y...

CHtmlView and Printing

OL 2003, All users filtering Public Folder for Junk
Hi We have found that Outlook for some users are filtering Public Folders that are in the favorites. Is there any method of preventing this? Thanks B ...

Transparent Chart Data Series
Dear all, I'm having problems formatting an area chart that I have created. Give that there are two series of data on teh chart and a times one dip behind the other, I want to make one of my series' transparent However, whn I go to the fill effects option of the format data serie menu, transparency is not an option that is available - it is al "greyed out". Anyone got any ideas why this is, and how I can make it an activ option? Thanks, Stev -- stevepai ----------------------------------------------------------------------- stevepain's Profile: http://www.excelforum...

Looking up and matching data
I have two sets of data with the same information but not in the same order and am trying to match the data. In each data set I have 10 pools containing 100 loans. Each pool has a unique ID and each loan within the applicable pool has an ID of 1 to 100. I need to look up the Pool ID, then look up the loan ID so that I can extract the property type information from a third column. The Pool ID and property type is text but the loan ID is a number. I am struggling to put together the right combination of formulas to give the property type for each loan within each pool. Any suggestion...

Problems with printing