printing in detail section from 2nd page onwards

I would like to know 2 matters.
1. I need to print some bound text controls (comes from a query) from 2nd
page onwards. And the same time, my plan is to print a text "See attached
page" in 1st page.
2. Some text / label controls(they are unbound), I would like to print on
bottom of 1st page only.

Please help me.

Thank you
Best regards
Lijo.

Change the Control Source of the text box to something like this:
    =IIf([Page]=1, "See attached page", [SomeField])
substituting your field name for SomeField.

Be sure to change the Name of the text box as well. Access gets confused if
a control has the same name as a field, but is bound to something else.

You may also need to handle the formatting. For example, if SomeField is
Currency type, use:
    =IIf([Page]=1, "See attached page", Format([SomeField], "Currency"))

Note that the record(s) on page 1 or your report will not print, i.e. you
get this text *instead* of the data. If you just want a title page, with all
the data on subsequent pages, place some text boxes or labels in the Report
Header section instead.

"Lijo Jose" <LijoJose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to know 2 matters.
> 1. I need to print some bound text controls (comes from a query) from 2nd
> page onwards. And the same time, my plan is to print a text "See attached
> page" in 1st page.
> 2. Some text / label controls(they are unbound), I would like to print on
> bottom of 1st page only.
>
> Please help me.
>
> Thank you
> Best regards
> Lijo.

0
Allen
1/14/2008 11:51:53 AM
Thank you, Allen.

I tested but still there are some issues.

Point 1 : There are 9 receords, so "See attached page" comes 9 times.  But I
like to print only once.  And the 9 records do not come on 2nd page.
Point 2 : There are some labels like "Sign :     ", "Received by :   " etc.
These labels & text boxes (All are unbound controls) I arranged in Report
Footer Section.  I would like to print these parameters in the bottom of the
1st page.

Could you please look into this?

Thans for your help.

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> Change the Control Source of the text box to something like this:
>     =IIf([Page]=1, "See attached page", [SomeField])
> substituting your field name for SomeField.
>
> Be sure to change the Name of the text box as well. Access gets confused if
> a control has the same name as a field, but is bound to something else.
>
> You may also need to handle the formatting. For example, if SomeField is
> Currency type, use:
>     =IIf([Page]=1, "See attached page", Format([SomeField], "Currency"))
>
> Note that the record(s) on page 1 or your report will not print, i.e. you
> get this text *instead* of the data. If you just want a title page, with all
> the data on subsequent pages, place some text boxes or labels in the Report
> Header section instead.

> "Lijo Jose" <LijoJose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I would like to know 2 matters.
> > 1. I need to print some bound text controls (comes from a query) from 2nd
> > page onwards. And the same time, my plan is to print a text "See attached
> > page" in 1st page.
> > 2. Some text / label controls(they are unbound), I would like to print on
> > bottom of 1st page only.
> >
> > Please help me.
> >
> > Thank you
> > Best regards
> > Lijo.

I have to assume that you asked the wrong question. Apparently you do not
want "See attahced page" everyone it occurs on page 1.

Ignore the reply I gave you. Revert to the way you had the report before.
Instead, just add them to the Report Header section.
They will print at the top of the first page.
Then the data will print correctly below that.

> Thank you, Allen.
>
> I tested but still there are some issues.
>
> Point 1 : There are 9 receords, so "See attached page" comes 9 times.  But
> like to print only once.  And the 9 records do not come on 2nd page.
> Point 2 : There are some labels like "Sign :     ", "Received by :   "
> etc.
> These labels & text boxes (All are unbound controls) I arranged in Report
> Footer Section.  I would like to print these parameters in the bottom of
> the
> 1st page.
>
> Could you please look into this?
>
> Thans for your help.
>

> "Allen Browne" wrote:
>
>> Change the Control Source of the text box to something like this:
>>     =IIf([Page]=1, "See attached page", [SomeField])
>> substituting your field name for SomeField.
>>
>> Be sure to change the Name of the text box as well. Access gets confused
>> if
>> a control has the same name as a field, but is bound to something else.
>>
>> You may also need to handle the formatting. For example, if SomeField is
>> Currency type, use:
>>     =IIf([Page]=1, "See attached page", Format([SomeField], "Currency"))
>>
>> Note that the record(s) on page 1 or your report will not print, i.e. you
>> get this text *instead* of the data. If you just want a title page, with
>> all
>> the data on subsequent pages, place some text boxes or labels in the
>> Report
>> Header section instead.
>>
>> "Lijo Jose" <LijoJose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I would like to know 2 matters.
>> > 1. I need to print some bound text controls (comes from a query) from
>> > 2nd
>> > page onwards. And the same time, my plan is to print a text "See
>> > attached
>> > page" in 1st page.
>> > 2. Some text / label controls(they are unbound), I would like to print
>> > on
>> > bottom of 1st page only.
>> >
>> > Please help me.
>> >
>> > Thank you
>> > Best regards
>> > Lijo.

0
Allen
1/14/2008 12:58:23 PM
I tried many ways, but still not coming to final way.  Please help me.

Criteria based query generates many records.  And one record may print in
one line or may use 2 or 3 lines.  Like, if 7 records are there, it will take
minimum 7 lines.  But detail section has the space to print 6 lines and the 7
the line goes to 2nd page.  But in that case, I would like to print all 7
lines in 2nd page only. And the first page has to show "See attached sheet",
only once.

And if the no. of records are less than 6, all the records has to come in
first page and so no need to show the message "See attached sheet".

Kindly look into this.

Many thanks

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> I have to assume that you asked the wrong question. Apparently you do not
> want "See attahced page" everyone it occurs on page 1.
>
> Ignore the reply I gave you. Revert to the way you had the report before.
> Instead, just add them to the Report Header section.
> They will print at the top of the first page.
> Then the data will print correctly below that.

> "Lijo Jose" <LijoJose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you, Allen.
> >
> > I tested but still there are some issues.
> >
> > Point 1 : There are 9 receords, so "See attached page" comes 9 times.  But
> > like to print only once.  And the 9 records do not come on 2nd page.
> > Point 2 : There are some labels like "Sign :     ", "Received by :   "
> > etc.
> > These labels & text boxes (All are unbound controls) I arranged in Report
> > Footer Section.  I would like to print these parameters in the bottom of
> > the
> > 1st page.
> >
> > Could you please look into this?
> >
> > Thans for your help.
> >

> > "Allen Browne" wrote:
> >
> >> Change the Control Source of the text box to something like this:
> >>     =IIf([Page]=1, "See attached page", [SomeField])
> >> substituting your field name for SomeField.
> >>
> >> Be sure to change the Name of the text box as well. Access gets confused
> >> if
> >> a control has the same name as a field, but is bound to something else.
> >>
> >> You may also need to handle the formatting. For example, if SomeField is
> >> Currency type, use:
> >>     =IIf([Page]=1, "See attached page", Format([SomeField], "Currency"))
> >>
> >> Note that the record(s) on page 1 or your report will not print, i.e. you
> >> get this text *instead* of the data. If you just want a title page, with
> >> all
> >> the data on subsequent pages, place some text boxes or labels in the
> >> Report
> >> Header section instead.
> >>
> >> "Lijo Jose" <LijoJose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

printing copies

Ghosted print and print preview

Print Dynamic Range

TCP/IP printing

Printing booklet

Drawing Page Orientation Doesn't Match Printer Paper Orientation #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC The thumbnail preview shows that the drawing page orientation doesn't match the printer paper orientation. I can not get the page orientation to match. When I change it to letter, I can see the document change to landscape. When I change the page orientation to landscape, it changes the document to portrait. The two will not be the same. This is in Word 2008, it also happened in an older version of Word. Help, what do I do? ...

Check printing in GP 7.0

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

Problems with printing

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

Sections of Text Being Marked as Figures
When I add and position images in a Word 2007 document, it will (apparently randomly) decide that some sections of text are figures. They can be edited as usual, but this messes up the automatic figure numbering in image captions. If the document has an automatically updating field for the figures, it will insert the whole body of text that it thinks is a figure into the table (this is sometimes several paragraphs). Deleting and re-typing the text does not seem to help (this can also be very time-consuming to re-type several sections that add up to a few pages in larger docu...

Printing in Vista

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

Save as Web Page #3
Each time I save my workbook as an Excel workbook, I need to Save As a Web Page, so that the information is available on the company intranet. Is there a way I can automate this, so that instead of clicking Save, then clicking Save As Web Page, and navigating to the web folder, then closing the web page version, and re-opening the excel version to continue my work, can I run a macro, or something a bit less cumbersome? Couldn't you record a macro when you do it once manually. Then just replay that macro when you need to do it again (and again and again). File|SaveAs|webpage foll...

Printing problem

Print a report without displaying print preview
Hi, Please can someone tell me in a really basic way how can I print a report WITHOUT it also previewing. I'm using 2007 I have several forms which have a print button ( created with the command button wizard, report operations, print report, then relevant report is chosen to print). This works great, and prints the relevant report for the the associated record, however when you click the print button it also displays the print preview and doesn't close it again. This means that until the preview is closed the same thing keeps printing when the button is clicked....

Currency to Print
Is there a way to set up the defaut "Currency To Print:" to Originating when printe the Invoice from the Sales Batch ID. There is no problem to print the Invoice from Sales transaction Entry, because the default Currency was set using Originating. Thanks, Kevin, Yes. When you select the Print icon in Sales Batch, print options window will open where you specify Originating in Print currency in Dropdown. This should work the same way as printing invoice from sales transaction entry -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Kevin Zhou" wro...

Printing clips the side of the document words
Hello, I've just installed all the updates for Windows XP that were required and others also and have Office 2003 with Outlook 2003. I've tried to print an email message and the words in the narrative are clipped on the right and left margins. The "TO" "FROM" "SUBJECT" and all the other header information is aligned correctly and the problem is only with the main text portion. When I print regular WORD documents, I don't have this problem and my printer can print directly to the edge of the paper (Laser). The formatting is coming from Outlook a...

Slowing Printing with Publisher & Merged Database
I am doing a newsletter that prints out customers addresses by pulling them off an Excel spreadsheet. I have about 1200 records in the spreadsheet. As the printer runs, it prints out each newsletter with one customers address and then moves down to the next record. The problem I am having is that it takes an extremely and I mean extremely long time to print. 10 copies takes about 15 to 20 minutes. My Publisher file is about seven megabytes. I am using Publisher 2003 and Windows XP Pro SP2 printing to a Xerox 3535 creo Spire. The Spire shows the file as being 900 MB for each 100...

Printing
Hi, I have a custom list control (base class is not CListCtrl but simply CWnd). I need to implement printing. I once created a whole printing function for a standard CListCtrl, by making complete custom drawing routines to take data out of the list control and draw it onto a printer DC. However, I have seen how "Custom Grid Control" and other controls can somehow simply map the screen (including icons and everything) onto the printer.. it's not simply a screen print obviously, because it adapts to the printer resolution, but I do wonder if there isn't just a standard print...

Printing on banner paper
Hi, I have an HP1220C printer, and am running Publisher 2000 on Windows 98. I would like to print on HP banner paper, but even when I set the paper type to banner, it breaks across the page with spaces between the letters. Can you help me? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Peter <Peter@ascboston.org>... > I have an HP1220C printer, and am running Publisher 2000 > on Windows 98. I would like to print on HP banner paper, > but even when I set the paper type to banner, it breaks > across the page with spaces between the letters. ...

Macro to print document in Duplex format
I am trying to write a macro in a template (.dot) file to be used on 2000 documents based on it. The macro has code to print duplex. The code is give below. I get error 'Unable to set shared printer settings' while trying to assign printersettings. Isnt it the same like changing the Duplex setting in the print->printing preferances? Please advice. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Option Explicit Public Type PRINTER_DEFAULTS pDatatype As Long pDevmode As Long DesiredAccess As Long End Type ...