Printing a Repeated Section Messege like "Continued"

Setting the repeated section property in a report (Access 2007) to Yes,
writes the section Heading on the next page when the detail section is not
complete at the page break. I would like the bottom of the first page to
print "Continued on Next Page" and/or the top of the second page to say
"Continued from ...)" so the report reader knows the details are part of the
previous section on the previous page, and not in an entriely new section of
the report. Can this be done dynamically in a report, since some pages
naturally break when a section ends and other pages break in the middle of
the details? I don't see any properties that will allow this. Will I have to
write some VBA to accomplish this?

Thanks for your help.

Chris v. wrote:

>Setting the repeated section property in a report (Access 2007) to Yes,
>writes the section Heading on the next page when the detail section is not
>complete at the page break. I would like the bottom of the first page to
>print "Continued on Next Page" and/or the top of the second page to say
>"Continued from ...)" so the report reader knows the details are part of the
>previous section on the previous page, and not in an entriely new section of
>the report. Can this be done dynamically in a report, since some pages
>naturally break when a section ends and other pages break in the middle of
>the details? I don't see any properties that will allow this. Will I have to
>write some VBA to accomplish this?

You can get a "continued" text box in the header by adding a
text box (named txtDetailNum) to the detail section.  Set
its expression to =1 and RunningSum property to Over Group.
Then the header section text box can use the expression:
	=IIf(txtDetailNum > 1, "continued", "")
You should also set the detail section's KeepTogether
property to Yes and set the group's KeepTogether to With
First Detail

To get a page footer text box to indicate more on the next
page, add a text box (named txtDetailCount) to the group
header section and set tis expression to =Count(*)  Then the
page footer text box expression would be like:
	=IIf(txtDetailNum < txtDetailCount, "continued", "")

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

I want the main page header to say "continued from previous page" and the
main page footer to say "continued on next page".

I was able to use http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/207624
successfully, but i can't figure out "continued on next page" for the footer.

Please help

Scott68 wrote:
>I tried this in MS access 2003 and both counts always = 1.  I am using
>subreports and the subreports sometimes continue to the next page.
>
>I want the main page header to say "continued from previous page" and the
>main page footer to say "continued on next page".
>
>I was able to use http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/207624
>successfully, but i can't figure out "continued on next page" for the footer.

When you have CanGrow details, even that article is not
totally reliable.  I think a better way is to introduce an
additional group with header and footer that are used only
to signal the start and end of a group (or detail).  Set
this dummy group header and footer section's Visible
property to No.

Add an invisible text box (named txtGroupStarted) to the
Report Header section.

Code for the group header section's Format event:
	Me.txtGroupStarted = True
and the group footer:
	Me.txtGroupStarted = False

Then the page footer text box can use an expression like:
	=[grouping field] & IIf(txtGroupStarted, " (continued on

And the page header text box:
	=[grouping field] & IIf(txtGroupStarted, " (continued from

Now, the question is what field/expression do you use for
this dummy group and what level it should be in the grouping
list.  These things depend on exactly what groups you have
in your report and I don't want to speculate on that without
more information.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Continued request for approval of license in 2003
Installed Office 2003 in new laptop (old one died). Every time I open Outlook it keeps asking me for acceptance of license agreement. I am the admin Windows 7 Thank you Right click on the Outlook shortcut while holding SHIFT and choose Run as Administrator. Accept the EULA and restart Outlook normally. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Arthur" <Arthur@discuss...

Continued request for approval of license
why do I always get the end-user license whenever I open Outlook 2003 and other MS Office programs. I bought new laptop (old one died) and problem started when loaded it into my new computer. Running Windows 7 Thank you, Arthur Arthur wrote: > why do I always get the end-user license whenever I open Outlook 2003 > and > other MS Office programs. I bought new laptop (old one died) and > problem > started when loaded it into my new computer. > Running Windows 7 > Thank you, > Arthur It's the result of increased secuity in Windows- specifically...

QFX Imports Continued.
When I try to import it as a QFX file, Money gives me a "Not A Money Active Statement File" message, and does nothing else with it. I have tried to rename the file to a OFX file and import it, but then nothing happens at all; not message or import. I do a File->Import, etc. to import it. /Mike ...

Follow-Up on "Continued on" Notice Problem
Thanks -- I was away for a few days and just got your message. The problem is, I can't seem to figure out HOW to change that space above the "continued on" message manually. That is, when I go to the paragraph choices and look at space above/below, the line space above the "continued on" notice still appears even when I set the space above it to 0 and the space below the text paragraph to 0. Is there some other method to adjust the spacing manually that I'm not aware of? Thanks, Sibyl On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 06:45:41 +1000, "���MS�Publisher���" <donot...

Change Mapping Continued
I have had to take my file back to one week ago when I bought 2005 Premium. Microsoft Support totally messed up the file, so I'm back where I started. I think I have three problems, and I'm going to take them on one at a time. Currently In my portfolio in another account, I have DTV Stock. Fidelity is trying to download "The DIRECTV Group Common Stock Fund" Should this be a new investment, different from Direct TV (DTV)? When I try to import and at the point with the radio buttons that say "This investment is already in my investment portfolio with a different na...

Printer Problems (continued)
I've brought over the previous replies to this thread so we can hopefully continue trouble shooting this problem. A comment: I don't think its the printers. I use the epson tmlllp on all my pos installs and they are reliable and trouble free as a recite printer gets. And the probability of me having the same problem on both registers - its just not likely. Other than that I don't have a clue. The day after I installed the opos sp5, the system froze 3 times. Then it went for 34 days without a freeze. Something is not right but we can't find any consistency to th...

Form code and message box help continued
continued from a post on Sunday 8/12/2007 Could someone please tell me if I am close with this code or am I completly off track. What I want to achieve is: If the user is entering trainers onto a roster and they select a trainer who will be on leave on that date, I want them to receive a message telling them the trainer is not available. The form has these controls TrainerId TrainerName RosterdDate StartTime EndTime I also have a table for leave which is tblTrainerLeave and has the following controls TrainerID LeaveStartDate LeaveEndDate Private Sub TrainerID_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As...

A5 Receipt continued on next page
Hi All, I have created an A5 receipt based on the full page receipt with large logo and address below. Everything now fits and works perfectly apart from when the receipt takes up more than one page. It doesn't display the "continued on next page" and just continues down the page overwriting the tender and change information with the lines from the transaction. Then it just stops when reaching the end of the page and doesn't continue onto another sheet of paper. This is using a Deskjet printer, A5 paper and using a Windows driver. Does anyone know the code I need to ad...

Ailing Computer
First, thanks to all who replied to my June 1 post; I learned a few things but not quite enough. My computer is still ailing: occasional restarts and hang-ups, BSOD when attempting to start in Safe Mode. Restart with everything but the mouse and keyboard connected does not change anything - Safe Mode still generates a BSOD. Also, now I'm unable to update Norton Antivirus software; following a download an error message is displayed. I removed the program and reinstalled it and ran LiveUpdate but the update again failed. I have done complete scans by Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware a...

MX Continued ........ [WP]
I followed the following article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/265293 And under the Address Space Tab -> Connector Scope what should I be selecting "Entire Organization" OR "Routing Group". I do not need to add any MX records to my DNS - right???? As I'll be using other org mail servers IP address directly in Forward all mail through this connector to the following hosts. They are running Lotus Notes Advise please. Connector scope - probably entire organization unless you have multiple routing groups and you want to route mail differently for them....

A97 ComboBox Rowsource (Continued)
Hi Folks as a follow up from the help I got yesterday regarding the proper opening of the ComboBox: Ahh - thanks for help guys but it seems there is another part to my challenge. I have the combo loading successfully now (thanks Marshall), but I am loading other text box's based on the other columns in the rowsorce for the combo - so eg: =[cboMatTypeDesc].[Column](5) loads the text field with data from column 5 of the combo (or 6 in fact as its 0 based) rowsource (or should). However this is working sporadically. I have 35 or so fields being populated in this way and many of them are...

.pst folder help
I followed the information supplied below to move my outlook files to My Documents. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011124801033.aspx I followed everything to the T . Towards the end of the page,I am instructed to go to Control Panel - Mail and "Select the data file from the list and then click settings. When an error dialog appears etc etc...." well, the error dialog does NOT appear .... what could I be doing wrong now??? You can check my earlier posts below entitled .pst folder help - thanks! It would help if you state exactly what you did since these instruct...

Map Title, continued
When building a book, I have the following hierachies: -Chapter Title -Map Title -Block Tile I have built the different styles for Map Title (e.g. Map Title for a title used on the same page of each chapter and Map Title New for a subsequent title within the chapter starting on a new page). For each Map Title lasts more than one page, I created a Map Title Continued style, so it won't call in the TOC. However, I have to manually select the Map Title Continued and Type the Map Title text (or Map Title New text). Is it possible to have that Map Title Continued to car...

Serial thread continued
Below is my Serial thread: --------------------------------------------------------------------- UINT SerialThread( LPVOID Param ) //Thread to monitor serial activity { char ed[10]; //for testing only unsigned char chread; DWORD dwRead; DWORD dwEventMask; if(!SetCommMask(hCom, EV_RXCHAR)) AfxMessageBox("Error setting ComMask"); if(WaitCommEvent(hCom, &dwEventMask, NULL)){ ReadFile (hCom, &chread, 1, &dwRead, NULL); _itoa(chread, ed, 16); //for testing only AfxMessageBox(ed); //for testing only } retu...

John W. Vinson...continued help please
>SELECT DISTINCTROW OUTLOOK_APPROVEt1.To, OUTLOOK_APPROVEt1.Subject, >OUTLOOK_APPROVEt1.Received, OUTLOOK_APPROVEt1.Contents, >OUTLOOK_APPROVEt1.CountOfImportance INTO OUTLOOK_APPROVEt2 >FROM OUTLOOK_APPROVEt1 >WHERE Received >= date_sub(curdate(), interval 1 month) and Received <= >date_sub(curdate(), interval 1 day) >WITH OWNERACCESS OPTION; > >I am having trouble with the Where portion. I would like for this query to >reveal all the emails over the past physical month. Example February 1st I >would like to be able to collect the data for...

Serial thread continued #2
I have managed to make some headway on the serial thread. I have a button on my dialog that sends a byte to a microcontroller. The micro responds by sending a 10h followed by 33 bytes. I have tested the micro's response with hyperterm so I know it works. Now when the 10h comes in it does seem to read the 33 bytes that follow'd. BUT, before the PostMessage I get the error "Error reading data". When I click OK on the error messagebox all the data did appear as expected. How do I find out what the error was? Also after the data appears another MessageBox show "Error 1 read...

Continued use of current Money Program
If I continue to use my current Microsoft Money program (v. 17.0.120.1415), will I be able to keep using the program minus the conectivity to quote updates. etc? Or must I go with the Sunset version? -- In microsoft.public.money, JoeInWisconsin wrote: >If I continue to use my current Microsoft Money program (v. 17.0.120.1415), >will I be able to keep using the program minus the conectivity to quote >updates. etc? Or must I go with the Sunset version? You will be able to use Money Plus. However you will not be able to install and activate onto a new or repair...

How print '(continued)' where control spans >1 page
I have some report controls that print memo fields. I'd like to print '(continued)' on subsequent pages. How is this done? Thanks. On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 16:08:00 -0800, mscertified wrote: > I have some report controls that print memo fields. I'd like to print > '(continued)' on subsequent pages. How is this done? > > Thanks. See if this KnowledgeBase article helps you. 141622 "HOWTO: ACC: Explanation of WillContinue Property" I believe there is a newer version, but off hand I haven't found it. This one is for A97 but it should work in a...

Extracting pixel values from a picture control (continued)
Does anyone see what the problem is with this code, and if my process makes any sense? // Local vars int nImageSizeX = 640; int nImageSizeY = 480; char cFilename[256] = {"C:/Test1.bmp"}; // Load the image HBITMAP hBitmap = NULL; hBitmap = (HBITMAP) LoadImage(NULL, cFilename, IMAGE_BITMAP, 0, 0, LR_LOADFROMFILE | LR_CREATEDIBSECTION | LR_DEFAULTSIZE); if (NULL == hBitmap) { exit(1); } // Set the bitmap to the picture control // m_picSource1 is a CStatic variable of the picture control on my dialog m_picDestination.SetBitmap(hBitmap); HDC hdc = (HD...

ISO SQL Date Format / ISO Date Formats
ISO date formats come in a number of variations, two such variations are YYYY-MM-DD and YYYYMMDD. The ISO SQL Standard date format is YYYY-MM-DD only which is termed a "date literal". According to the standard (see here: http://savage.net.au/SQL/sql-92.bnf.html#date literal) the "date literal" in order for it to be a "date literal" MUST be prefixed by the keyword DATE, if not then the text is simply nothing more than a "string literal" which has different meaning and subject to regional settings if used on data type conversions ie. st...

Activesync trouble continued from yesterday...
First off, if I run the e-mail and internet wizard, will it mess up the mailboxes that are already in place? I'm trying to get activesync working, but I've been having trouble. I reset all the vitual directory settings using the metabase explorer and restarting the system attendant. It sets OMA's and Activesync's IP adress and domain restrictions to 2 intranet adresses that I have no idea what they have to do with anything. I can't access OMA from the internet with the IP restrictions. However, even when I turn it off, using a valid username and password I get reject...

Printing Labels (continued)
For some reason I could not find the "Reply" button to reply to my previous post. It was helpful up to a point. fredq gave me code which started the printing from the designated spot, however, what I want is to only print (for example) label 8 which is on a sheet of 30 labels. This way I only print that name I want, The code fredq gave me started at label 8 and continued the rest of names. So thank you fredq and if you can help me to print only one label, that would be great. On Thu, 4 Oct 2007 05:10:00 -0700, Dar wrote: > For some reason I could not find the "Reply&qu...

Mailbox Management Continued ....... [WildPacket
A Flashback .... Configured the Mailbox Management Policy and tested it works fine. I have configured to delete all the items older that X days from Sent Items and Deleted Items. There is a group called BIGWIGS, I do not want this policy to be applied to this group. There are few users in this group. A am in a test envoirenment. The Policy is still hiting this group and it's users. Thank you. Ben Here is the filter looks but still no go ... CN=bigwigs,CN=users,DC=in,DC=local. I want the BIGWIGS Group to exclude from the Mailbox Management Policy. The Group is not wi...

linked tables continued
sorry but CopyObject wont work because it just copies the link and the whole point is that I dont want a linked table Is there an "import table" function I can use? Colm Not sure what you are asking. Did you intend to attach this post to a previous chain of messages? -- Hope that helps! RBear3 .. "colmkav" <colmjkav@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:1178293233.543984.236200@h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > sorry but CopyObject wont work because it just copies the link and the > whole point is that I dont want a linked table > > Is there an &quo...

Continued space constraint issues.
--____VLXOIFFWYMRSJDVBBCIQ____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Thu, 20 Jul 2005 19:56:34 +1200" Hi There! We have a SBS Server 2003 fully patched. We installed a new exchange = server 2003 into the environment. Initially the size of the priv1.edb file was about 200K. We have 5 users who's combined PST files was around 7GB. After importing = this into exchange, the priv1.edb was 16GB and of course hit the limit. We cannot find the registry key to temporarily= increase the...