I would like to print a group of records, then have a Yes/No field [Printed]
updated in my Jobs table with an update query showing the records were
printed.  Then next time the report runs, In my query criteria I will test
for True values on the Yes/No field.  Then only the records with the Yes/No
field marked No will print. Any suggestions? Thanks

0
Tommyboy

Tommyboy,there's more to this question than meets the eye.

For an explanation of what's involved, see:
    Has the record been printed?
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-72.html

The article includes a free sample database that demonstrates how to keep
track of which records have been printed.

"Tommyboy" <yolverton@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I would like to print a group of records, then have a Yes/No field
>[Printed] updated in my Jobs table with an update query showing the records
>were printed.  Then next time the report runs, In my query criteria I will
>test for True values on the Yes/No field.  Then only the records with the
>Yes/No field marked No will print. Any suggestions? Thanks

0
Allen
6/19/2007 3:03:44 AM
Thanks for your insight, never thought of the implications of a Yes/No
field. I will do it the right way by marking the records as part of a print
run before being sent to the printer so it can be undone or repeated if
needed.

0
Tommyboy

double sided printing
At our office we have a printer that does double sided printing. We are trying to set up our reports to print out double sided. The problem that we seem to be having is that Excel treats each worksheet as a new print job and therefore we can not seem to find a way to get Excel to print one worksheet on one side of the page and the next worksheet on the other side. If you have two pages in one worksheet then you can get those to print double sided but the problem there is that Excel then assigns these two pages the same page number. So my question is this... Is there any way to get ...

print selected text OL2003
hey folks been beating my head on wall for a few days now any one knows a way to set printing options/styles to print selected text in a message ? this is for MS Outlook 2003. thanks no, it's an all or nothing deal. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: ...

Printing Color-Coded Worksheet in Black & White Mode in Excel 2003
I work with farily complex Excel worksheets which require print outs as both hard copy and PDF. I normally keep the formatting as they are and select [Black and White] in [Page Setup] [Sheet], as this preserves the integrity of the financial model while printing out a clean copy for the enduser. However, this function basically converts everyting color-coded to black & white, including cell shading patterns; I normally accentuate certain important cells by shading them in black and using a white font color. While I want the output to be black & white, I do want to preserve this p...

Subforms won't refresh after new record 11-19-09
Access 2003, XP Pro I have a main form frmDestination with two subforms. I go to records by clicking on some list boxes. To add a new record, I (1) Select Records, Data Entry. (2) Make a selection in cboGeography on frmDestination (3) Enter text in txtName and make a selection in a combo on fsubName (4) Make a selection in cboPtOf on fsubPartOf fsubPartOf has some code on the After Update event that saves the new record and then goes to a previously selected record in cboDestination on the main form. If Me.Dirty Then DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord Me.Parent.Requery ...

Print random invoices from multiple batches in one step
Hi, I am looking for a way to print random invoices (invoice #s separted by commas) in one step. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks If you are on v10, you can use the Sales Transactions List from the Navigation Bar (Click on Sales, then select All Sales Transactions) to pick specific invoice numbers. You may then click on the Print Documents option under the Actions toolbar on the ribbon to print those specific documents. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at...

Printing #4
Hi all, I have a problem printing landscape and portrait ranges in the same worksheet.Does anyone know how to do it? PeterD -- peterD ------------------------------------------------------------------------ peterD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23912 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=375524 Do two different File|Print's. One for Landscape and the other for Portrait. peterD wrote: > > Hi all, > I have a problem printing landscape and portrait ranges in the same > worksheet.Does anyone kno...

Disabling the BCC field #2
http://www.experts- exchange.com/Networking/Email_Groupware/Exchange_Server/Q_ 20781877.html ...

Dynamic updating of chart title
Hello! I have a spreadsheet containing data for one entire year. From this I extract data and present them in a weekly chart. B selecting a week number, the data is loaded to the chart. I also wan the week number to apear in the chart (e.g. in the title ). How can make that happen? Thanks in advanc -- gero ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gerok's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=663 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46675 Hi, You can link the chart title to a cell, http:/...

Excel 2003 calculation set to manual after an update was run
Hi I have an user which uses alot of formulas. Updates ran about 2 weeks ago and since then any spreadsheets she worked on she needs to set the calculations from manual to automatic. When she does start a new spreadsheet calculations is set to automatic, but I need fix the problem with the previous spreadsheets. This setting is saved with the workbook. Just open each of the manual workbooks, set the mode to Automatic and save the workbook. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200735 "AntonZA2" wrote: > Hi > > I have an user which uses alot of formulas. Updates ran a...

Masking a field in Report only
One of the fields in my main table has a social security number. I have the formatting correctly showing the dashes. I have a few different reports, some show the full social, while others I would like only the last 4 of the social to show. ie. xxx-xx-1234 How would I format that correctly in just those particular reports? messingerjc, Given a Social Security Number field (ex. [SSN]) In your qyery behind the report, create a calculated field... SSNLast4 : "*** - ** - " & Right(SSN, 4) Place [SSNLast4] on your report. This will display as....

Form Validation using multiple Yes/No boxes
I have created a form which contains multiple Yes/No boxes. I wish to store the value of the records (both selected and not selected) in two separate tables. The "Yes" value records will be stored in my "Closed" table and the "No" value records will be stored in the "Open" table. I created a button which will open a pop-up dialog box for the user to enter a comment. I tried adding the code below to that button, but it only stores the first No (open) and the first Yes (closed) records. How can I have it loop through all the records on the screen...

Stock, Funds, not updating quotes
Using M04. Past 3 days quotes not updating! My M04 is not yet 2 years in use, so it should still update daily quotes. Any ideas? John I think the quotes have updated, but not the change or percentage change. The only thing we can do is get as many people as possible to complain to Microsoft Customer Support. I will do that, and I hope others will join me. Thanks. "L'l John" <je_norrisstopspam@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ObPr$ECjGHA.1260@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Using M04. Past 3 days quotes not updating! My M04 is not yet 2 years in > use, so it sho...

Latest Money 2005 update
Does anyone know if there is an official list of fixes that are included in the latest Money 2005 update? Thanks! Nothing published that I know of. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Alex P." <Alex P.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E68...

Client Area for printing
How can I set up my client area so that it matches the size of a printing page? -- Just Al "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39901C39-732C-4BA2-A11A-A46577BED912@microsoft.com... > How can I set up my client area so that it matches the size of a printing > page? I am not entirely sure what bit of information you're lacking here. The client area is the area of a window which you are responsible for drawing. Document windows are usually resizable. The document itself may know about the printer page for which it is formatted. When y...

Unable to Update Free/Busy #2
Outlook 2002 / XP I know this appears to be a sproadic problem for many but I can't find the solution. Error message - 'Unable to update public free/busy data.' Trying not to gum up this ng, I have searched MS KB, tried to Google it, various web sites, and this ng history but the solutions I have found do not help. These include using the ClearFreeBusy switch when opening Outlook (on opening, I get the error) Checking the Calendar Options|Free/Busy options (no check marks) I found one reference to registry changes but no guidance This problem did not occur unt...

Pozition of records
Hi, how can I print report with pozition of records identical with pozition on the main table. The record source of my reports is a query with a lot of table. Thanks You should never make any assumptions about the order of records in a table (or query): tables are "sacks of data", where the records can be wherever Access feels like putting them. If the order of the records is important, you need to ensure that the table includes sufficient information to allow you to do an ORDER BY to get the records in the desired order. Once you've got that, you need to ensure that t...

After entering 83 records unable to go on to next record
someone else set all the fields up for me as I'm not familiar with Access and I was just putting in the data, and got through to no. 84 and entered the data - when I tried to go to the next one a message came up saying 'The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again'. I haven't a clue - all I know is that this record was no di...

Update Query Needed 04-12-07
Hello everyone... I have column of prefixes that I need to append numbers too... My column currently looks like this... 787-222 787-221 787-721 I need to make it look like this... 787-222=787 787-221=787 787-721=787 The table name is LocalFaxPrefixes How do you add the "=787" to the end of each line in that Cell without having to do it manually? I Know how to paste an SQL View to a query, I just don't know how to write it from scratch. Thanks in advance for your help. Dale On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 11:57:27 -0400, Bikini Browser wrote: > Hello everyone......

Label Printing #3
I have brother 7820 printer and When I print label using avery 5160 paper by label wizard The problem I have on 3rd row If price is $15.99 the last nine print only half. It look like $15.9 . How should I fix this problem Gil, If you are speaking about the 3rd column or label, check the printer's print margins or you will have to modify the label template. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outl...

how to update the table, without closing the current form?
Hi, I have data setting as below:T: a talbeF: a form, whose data source is the table TID: a field in table TID_Text: a text box in form F, and it's control source is the field ID in table TNow, the form F is open.I realize that, usually, when the ID is changed by editing ID_Text, the table T won't be updated until form F is closed.So, my question is, how to change the ID field value in table T, as soon as the ID_Text is modified, and without having to close form F?Thanks a lot! You could add an event to the ID_Text field in teh Form. An After Update even would fire after the value was...

Outlook 2003 "Full Name..." field in contact screen reversed.
Outlook 2003 "Full Name..." field in contact screen reversed. I am using XP, with Outlook 2003. For some reason, all my 800 contacts are having a problem. When I open the contact screen the "Full Name... " field is displaying names backwards. "Mr. John Smith" displays as "Mr. Smith John" I have checked my "Contacts Options" selection for default Full Name order and it correctly displays "First (Middle) Last"... I have noticed that if I delete the name and re-enter it, it displays correctly, however I cannot spend the time to d...

Outlook2003: Search folders updates how and when?
Hi I've just upgraded from Outlook XP to 2003 and want to use some of the new features, in particular the search folders. I use 2 local data files (personal and work), and want to use "For follow up" for both these. They're easily created, but somehow the search folders doesn't always update properly. Sometimes when I set a red followup flag for a mail, the search folders is updated instantly - but often this is not the case. If I restart Outlook the search folder seem to update in a minute or so. Anyone know how I manually update the search folders? Thanks for any ad...

How do you link VB code to a table field?
Using Word 2093. I have code, now I need it to place it into the table cell so that it'll perform the code. Familiar w/ Access VBA, but discovered that word is different. When the form opens the date of the ending Sunday will populate into a cell (for time card form). Thanks, MC The macro will have to be triggered by some means. See the previous thread and please keep to the one thread. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com ...

Newbie struggling
Hi For coursework I have to create an excel workbook that takes totals from invoices and adds them all up - pretty simple for some but not me! I have created the invoice template and the user enters the necessary data to complete and print it out - what I need is a way of taking four or five sets of data from that invoice sheet (e.g. invoice number, customer name etc etc) and writing them to another sheet so that I can add them up. The problem I am having is how to get that data into the next blank row in the second sheet - currently it only overwrites the first set - how do I get the pointe...

How: Link Word merge document to Quote from 'print quote for custo
In CRM 4.0 we want to do this as sometimes the sales person does minor amendments to word merge document, and if customer looses quote and wants another sent, any member of staff can send them a copy again. Currently the workaround is to save to Word document and then add Note to Quote and then attach Word file manually. Is there a better way than this? ...