I would like to print a group of records, then have a Yes/No field [Printed]
updated in my Jobs table with an update query showing the records were
printed.  Then next time the report runs, In my query criteria I will test
for True values on the Yes/No field.  Then only the records with the Yes/No
field marked No will print. Any suggestions? Thanks

0
Tommyboy

Tommyboy,there's more to this question than meets the eye.

For an explanation of what's involved, see:
    Has the record been printed?
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-72.html

The article includes a free sample database that demonstrates how to keep
track of which records have been printed.

"Tommyboy" <yolverton@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I would like to print a group of records, then have a Yes/No field
>[Printed] updated in my Jobs table with an update query showing the records
>were printed.  Then next time the report runs, In my query criteria I will
>test for True values on the Yes/No field.  Then only the records with the
>Yes/No field marked No will print. Any suggestions? Thanks

0
Allen
6/19/2007 3:03:44 AM
Thanks for your insight, never thought of the implications of a Yes/No
field. I will do it the right way by marking the records as part of a print
run before being sent to the printer so it can be undone or repeated if
needed.

0
Tommyboy

Power field
Hi, I am doing a mailing using Outlook 2002, Win XP HE. I have a message that says: ........ (company name)............... I manually put the company name in there (unfortunately). However it appears also in separate places later-on in the email. I would like to have it automatically update later-on in the message based on what I manually input for the 1st instance of it (as above). Is this possible and if so how??? Tx a lot. Sat Sue, Tx for your reply. I cannot actually use it with Word. I do not have a list of contacts for this particular one but have to go through an online directory and...

Resource Update does not update location field
We have one person create a meeting request for a resource and some other users. Then if someone else goes and modifies the meeting request resource for the location, the location field does not update. But if the original creator does the same process, it works fine and does update the location field. ...

printing copies

Ghosted print and print preview

Access Database Memo field to CString translation
When calling the RecordSet's MoveNext Function to a record set with a long Memo Field the CDBException reports an error "Data Trunc" and throws me out of the loop. How can I avoid this error? Thanks, Paul I found the answer from this earlier reply to the same question. Wasim Sadiq Feb 11 1999, 3:00 am show options Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vc.mfc From: "Wasim Sadiq" <w...@dstc.edu.au> - Find messages by this author Date: 1999/02/11 Subject: Re: CRecordset and Access Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse...

Print Dynamic Range

Role: Business Management
Does anyone know what the Record Type "Record Customization" field in the role management area refers to? I can't find this out anywhere! Thanks! Kristina, I believe this controls whether or not you can make schema changes. Matt "Kristina Ledford" <noemails@noemails.com> wrote in message news:u%23ycc3WmDHA.2820@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... Does anyone know what the Record Type "Record Customization" field in the role management area refers to? I can't find this out anywhere! Thanks! ...

TCP/IP printing

Printing booklet

year conversion in date fields eg 1900 to 2000
I moved a existing database from foxpro to access 2000. The dates in foxpro had a 2 digit year and when brought in to access it converted them to 1900 (eg. 11/12/00 to 11/12/1900 instead of 11/12/2000). Is there a way in access to convert (replace) only the year of vaious dates to another year. If this is not possible is there a way to prevent this while converting? thanks alex An update query can work for this. Something like this: UPDATE TableName SET [DateFieldName] = DateAdd("yyyy", 100, [DateFieldName]) WHERE Year([DateFieldName]) = 1900; -- Ken Snell <MS...

Check printing in GP 7.0

Why is my 11-pg .xls file 35 MB (yes, EM bee)?
Why is my .xls file 35 MB (yes, EM bee)? I have an excel file with 11 worksheets. Each sheet is less than 1 page of figures. Some cells derive their values by looking up a cell in another worksheet. The print area is defined for each sheet. Saved separately, the individual worksheets are only 15 to 50 KB a piece, which is what I would expect. All together, I would expect the file size to be under 500k, not 35 MB. Dang! I don't get it! (I'm not a frequent excel user - I've probably done something really bone head, but I cannot image what. Teelbee Hi Teelbee, Don't...

UserForm
Greetings, This is quite complex to explain but here goes, below is a mock up of my user form:- Label Title <Value> *Populated from result of combo box1 Combo Box 1 <Value select> Text Box <Value = 'Todays date"> *Populated from result of combo box1 Combo Box 2 <Value select> The form is launched and ONLY Combo Box 1 is set to visible (others on intilisation of form have visible set to FALSE) The user selects a value in Combo box 1 and label and text box are populated and Combo box 1 is then set to disabled (ENABLED = FALSE). The user can either c...

"Tiled" print setting.

Populating a field conditional of the input of two cells
Hello All, I'm trying to write a simple formula that puts a specific answe conditional of the answers supplied in two other cells. I have followe the formula structure as I understand it, however microsoft Excel X doesn't like the (and statements. Could anyone enlighten me on th correct way of doing this? Many thanks. (The formula is below) > =IF(AND(F4=1,F6="XLPE"),"1",IF(AND(F4<>1,F6="XLPE"),"2",IF(AND(F4=1,F6="PE"),"3",IF(AND(F4<>1,F6="PE"),"4",IF(AND(F4=1,F6="PVC"),"5&quo...

CHtmlView and Printing

Problems with printing

created by field
I had a field named created by that would pull in the network user name, then date and time record was created as shown below: sbingaman 12/27/2007 7:42:15 AM what do i need to do to get this to repopulate automatically again? i can't seem to find the same post that helped me create it. Thanks. -- Scott Scott First things first... When you stuff more than one fact in a single field, you make more work for yourself, for Access and for anyone who tries to maintain/understand your database. Instead of using a single text field, consider two fields: [CreatedBy] (network user ...

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

converting column of text to text box for repetitive records
Hi, I have a spreadsheet which contains employee information including job skills. My problem is that each skill (cook,candlemaker, etc.)creates a new row for that employee, duplicating fields that don't change, name, ss#,etc with the only new info in the row being the skill Like this: Jane doe,123456789,555-555-5555,cook Jane doe,123456789,555-555-5555,candlemaker What I want is 1 row for each employee with the last column containing all the skills in a text box or separated by commas. Is there an easy way to do this in Excel? Or even Access? Thanks, Clark --- Outgoing mail is certifie...

Printing in Vista

Printing problem