Print a report without displaying print preview

Hi,

Please can someone tell me in a really basic way how can I print a report
WITHOUT it also previewing.  I'm using 2007

I have several forms which have a print button ( created with the command
button wizard, report operations, print report, then relevant report is
chosen to print).  This works great, and prints the relevant report for the
the associated record, however when you click the print button it also
displays the print preview and doesn't close it again.  This means that until
the preview is closed the same thing keeps printing when the button is
clicked.

I'm pretty new to all this, but I've managed to looked in the button's
properties, and it's created a macro - runcommand, print.  When you click on
that line there is a description called view from which you can choose either
print, design, preview, layout etc, I've tried changing it to all of the
other options, but the only one that makes the report work is preview.

Many thanks for your help

p.s. I did post this query previously, but it's disappeared

Sarella,
    A macro with...
        OpenReport
            Report Name = rptYourReportName
            View = Print
            Filter Name = Leave Blank
            Where Condition = Leave Blank
should cause a report to print immediately, without any Preview.
I never use macros, but I think if you've set it up like above, then
you might have some other problem.
    I tested the above in 2003 and 2007.
--
    hth
    Al Campagna

"Sarella" <Sarella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Please can someone tell me in a really basic way how can I print a report
> WITHOUT it also previewing.  I'm using 2007
>
> I have several forms which have a print button ( created with the command
> button wizard, report operations, print report, then relevant report is
> chosen to print).  This works great, and prints the relevant report for
> the
> the associated record, however when you click the print button it also
> displays the print preview and doesn't close it again.  This means that
> until
> the preview is closed the same thing keeps printing when the button is
> clicked.
>
> I'm pretty new to all this, but I've managed to looked in the button's
> properties, and it's created a macro - runcommand, print.  When you click
> on
> that line there is a description called view from which you can choose
> either
> print, design, preview, layout etc, I've tried changing it to all of the
> other options, but the only one that makes the report work is preview.
>

> Many thanks for your help
>
> p.s. I did post this query previously, but it's disappeared

0
Al

Write Name of Report Query in Report Footer
Is it possible to programmatically write the name of the query the report is based on in a text box in the report footer. "Steve Stad" <SteveStad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1B0F793-C14A-4101-AB45-807BE72A4A11@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to programmatically write the name of the query the report > is based on in a text box in the report footer. Place a text box on your report, and set its Control Source property to: =[Report].[RecordSource] -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users...

when generate monthly report money 2003 reports error and close automatically
I am running money 2003 on my windows xp for over a year, never has a problem but until today. When I try to generate the monthly report for June, there is popup error message saying that the program has encountered some problems and needs to close and whether I want to send those technical error details to MS, and besides this I got an option to check it if I want money to reopen. The program still able to generate monthly reports for previous months and even the month in progress but not June! Can someone point me the direction to rectify this problem ( I have tried to uninstall and reinsta...

How to not see "on behalf of" in Outlook 2002 without Exchange
I have multiple email accounts in my Outlook 2002 setup. When I send email from an account that is not the default account the From field shows "From me@myisp.com on behalf of notme@notmy.isp.com". I there a way that all email accounts send using their own name and not the name of the default account? I do not use MS Exchange. Thanks You shouldn't see that behavior if you use the Accounts button on the toolbar to choose the sending mail account instead of the From field on the new message form. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address wil...

printing copies

Ghosted print and print preview

Smartlist report #3
In the SmartList reports, there is one called Account Summary, with a field called Balance for Calculation. That field has a drop down with (2) choices: Net Change or Period Balance. I have never been able to return any data if I use the "Period Balance" choice. Anyone know what I may be doing wrong? Merle Merle, You're not doing anything wrong. Basically, that field is useless in that particular SmartList. Personally I don't find much use for that SmartList in general. I know it sounds promising, but you're not going to get what you're looking for from...

Report from Access 2003 to 2007 problem

Print Dynamic Range

TCP/IP printing

GL Cross-Reference Report - no results
Trying to use the GL cross-reference report to reprint posting journals but I'm not getting any results. I've checked to confirm that all audit trail codes are marked to allow reprints. In the report options I've tried using open years, historical years, priting by JE range, audit trail, dates, source documents but nothing is returned regardless of the combination. On your report options window, do you have one of the account types checked off under 'Include'. It's on the left side of the window near the top. Kind regards, Leslie "irishjamr&q...

Printing booklet

Check printing in GP 7.0

Running Reports
Hello all, I've created a report that has the information that I've selected in it and everything is fine. But there are times I need to print out one persons statement instead of printing the entire report over. I know that I could do a query, but I would like to use the format of my creadted report. Is there a way I can access my created report and have it give me the information I want and not have to run the entire report? If you can help me. I would certainly appreciate it. Thank you. Using a query will not change the format of report. Create the query. Open the re...

Custom Reports #6
Hi, I need a custom report. does anyone knows someone who can do it? thanks, Sacha Hi there, Retail Analytics from Professional Adavantage will enable you to get any of your RMS data into Excel. Retail Analytics for Microsoft RMS is designed to help retailers manage their business by delivering analytical reporting on business performance. Easily identify trends, buying patterns, seasonality, and other key performance indicators for your business. If you enter it in RMS you can report on it in Retail Analytics. We also demonstrations of this product on your data - if you are i...

Can not Display Russian Text
How do I display Russian text? When I receive an e-mail from friends in Russia, the text in jumbled and unreadable. This isn't because I can not read Russian but the display of the text is not correct. How do I fix this. I am using Windows XP Pro and I have already included the Russian text in the control panel options, the only thing I can think of it might be Outlook, can onyone help? Hy, have you installed the whole Russian language from the Office CD? >-----Original Message----- >How do I display Russian text? When I receive an e-mail >from friends in Russia,...

Display file name without the file type extension
Is it possible to return the file name value to a cell without the '.xlsx'? Thanks. Try the below in a saved workbook. =TRIM(LEFT(SUBSTITUTE(MID(CELL("filename",A1), FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255),".xl",REPT(" ",255)),255)) If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "NAHolmes" wrote: > Is it possible to return the file name value to a cell without the '.xlsx'? > > Thanks. Try this: =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A...

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

Problems with printing

Incorrect Tax-Inclusive Reports
Has anyone else noticed that the tax-inclusive reports in HQ and Store Manager give false information? The sales totals after tax are based on (TransactionEntry.Price * TransactionEntry.Quantity) - TransactionEntry.SalesTax. The totals of (price * quantity) already exclude tax! They are taking it out twice, which gives falsely lower sales totals. I have corrected the report for myself, but before I contact Microsoft, I would be interested to know if anyone else has brought it to their attention. price column is including tax on our set up base on the price source. So the report...

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

Printing in Vista

How do you customize the 'Print View'?