Poor quality printing report with photo

Access 2007 - I am using an attachment field to link to a photos.  I have
tried jpg, png and tif format.  All are good quality in the Report View and
Layout View, but in Print Preview they have jagged red streaks through the
photo and print with those streaks on most printers.  i have found one printe
that for some reason seems to print the report ok, but it doesn't handle the
paper we want to use.  Anyone have any idea or have experience a similar
occurance.  If I embed the photo it works ok, but makes the database huge.

"Jim S" <JimS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Access 2007 - I am using an attachment field to link to a photos.  I have
> tried jpg, png and tif format.  All are good quality in the Report View
> and
> Layout View, but in Print Preview they have jagged red streaks through the
> photo and print with those streaks on most printers.  i have found one
> printe
> that for some reason seems to print the report ok, but it doesn't handle
> the
> paper we want to use.  Anyone have any idea or have experience a similar
> occurance.  If I embed the photo it works ok, but makes the database huge.

This pre-dates Access 2007 and attachments, but for me and for others, it
works well with good rendering of the pictures. As I have no experience with
attachments or other Access 2007 features, I am not able to assist with
those topics.

The sample imaging databases at http://accdevel.tripod.com illustrate three
approaches to handling images in Access, and the download includes an
article discussing considerations in choosing an approach. Two of the
approaches do not use OLE Objects and, thus, avoid the database bloat, and
some other problems, associated with images in OLE Objects.

If you are printing the images in reports, to avoid memory leakage, you
should also see MVP Stephen Lebans' http://www.lebans.com/printfailures.htm.
PrintFailure.zip is an Access97 MDB containing a report that fails during
the Access formatting process prior to being spooled to the Printer Driver.
This MDB also contains code showing how to convert the contents of the Image
control to a Bitmap file prior to printing. This helps alleviate the "Out of
Memory" error that can popup when printing image intensive reports.

  Larry Linson
  Microsoft Access MVP

0
Larry

how do I print portrait on the front and landscape on the back
I am trying to print a word document on both sides with portrait on the front and landscape on the back. Three comments here: 1. I don't think this is a Word issue but printer. 2. Does the printer do duplex (double-sided) printing? Check the printer manual for instruction on how to set up the printer to do this, or how to do it manually. 3. Are you saying that the landscape page is not printing in landscape but cut off along the right side of the page? Check the printer driver settings for something along the lines of 'autorotate'. Check your printer manual or conta...

I design my drawing check print preview when i print it is only i.
I create a drawing in visio print review shows full page when i print it only prints the center of the drawing ...

consignment report
Hi... I have a problem regarding my consignment report.. I have my supplier name, label Of Product description, label of qty delivered, label of qty sold, label of unit price, label of stock on hand, label of discount rate and label of amount in the Supplier Name Header... In the detail section there is the product description txtbox, qty delivered txtbox, qty sold txtbox, unit price txtbox, stock on hand txtbox, discountrate txtbox and amount txtbox... What I want is all the products under the same supplier will be group.. what is happening in the report i constructed is that every tym a...

Excel Printing #9
I have an Excel worksheet I want to print continuously on a banner sheet. It is larger than legal size and I can't get this to print without a page break. ...

adp report source problem
Using Access 2003 with A2k format I'm trying somethign I haven't done before so I'm not sure if I'm on the right track. I want to set the source of a report to an adodb command object. Here's what I'm doing: Dim cmd As ADODB.Command Set cmd = New ADODB.Command Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset With cmd .ActiveConnection = cnnCurrProj .CommandType = adCmdStoredProc .CommandTimeout = 0 .CommandText = "sp_RptNoticeReceipt" .Parameters.Refresh .Parameters.Item("@bitO...

Cell-setting not to print
How do I set a cell to be able to see it, and change it, but for it not to print when I print the work sheet? You could hide the row/column. Or format the cell with a custom format of ";;;" (don't use the quotes) Or give it the same font color as the fill color. Then change it back when you're done printing. And as a macro: How about giving your range a range name ("hideme"???) then in the workbook_beforeprint event, you can format the range as ;;;. This hides the contents. Then print, then change it back to whatever it was. I chose "general" fo...

Vector PowerPoint OLE Items Display Poorly
I've used PowerPoint slides in my Access databases to display relatively simple vector graphics for quite some time. However, recently, the quality of the graphics has seriously degraded. Specifically, what used to be a smooth line, circle, oval, or whatever, now displays as several jagged steps. It's as if the points used to represent the vector element are being rounded to some nearest value causing a loss of quality in the drawing. The details of what I'm doing is as follows: OS: Windows XP Professional Software: Access 2003 and PowerPoint 2003 Table: Three fields, I...

how to repeat print single tile of multiple tile poster?
in publisher one tile of multiple tile poster failed to print (ran out of ink). how do I print only the tile that missing? Other than complete (20 sheet) print run. There is no easy way of doing this. Take a look at print preview to determine what tile you need to print. Create rectangles around the areas you don't want to print, fill with white, no line. Keep checking print preview to be sure you are covering the correct tiles. You will end up printing 20 pages, but only one will use ink. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "billyb." <billyb.@discus...

emails do not print correctly
I have never had trouble printing emails before, but for some reason they have started printing halfway down the page. I can't find any option that would affect this, and it seems to relate only to Outlook as my Word documents print out as they should. As far as I know, nothing has changed since I last printed from Outlook. Any suggestions? It's irritating and wasteful to have a one-page email print across two pages! Many thanks. (apologies if this appears twice, I had trouble posting the first time) ...

Adobe print icon missing from Excel
One of my coworkers has lost the Adobe print icon from here toolbar. We have looked in the View/Toolbars and it isn't there either. Anyone know where it lives on the hard drive? thanks. sandy Sandy... Mine is listed under View...Toolbars as "PDF Maker 5.0". Is it possibl that you just overlooked it thinking it is called Adobe -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Thanks. Yes, we looked there first. I found it buried in her commands and we created a new toolbar. thanks for your effort. sandy >-----Original Message----- >Sandy... > >Mine is listed...

Linking a report to Excel
I am linking a report to excel & trying to loop through labels on the report labeled lbl20 - 27 & txt20-27. My report comes up blank when there is data in excel. My code below is lengthy but I figured it was helpful to see it all: Do While ClosingCount <= 27 And PercentVAR > 4.49 / 100 XLAPP.Windows("TotalErrors.xls").Activate XLAPP.sheets("Summary").Select XLAPP.Range("B" & CellNum).Select PercentVAR = XLAPP.activecell If XLAPP.activecell >= 4.49 / 100 Then XLAPP.activecell.Offset(rowOffset:=0, columnOffset:...

High Quality Panerai Luminor
High Quality Panerai Luminor High Quality Panerai Luminor: http://www.fashion163.com/Panerai_Luminor.html High Quality Luxury Watches : http://www.fashion163.com/ High Quality Panerai Watches http://www.fashion163.com/Panerai.html We guarantee our Panerai Luminor and Panerai Luminor aren't just a simple imitation. We use the same fine materials and technology that the original does. Each Panerai Luminor produced is examined carefully by our quality test department and every watch is inspected again before being moved out from our warehouse. It is our heartfelt desire that you do experi...

Printing problem in excel
Hello, I have a excel file which is formatted in such a way that 1:1 print matches the physical labels.( We have adjusted the height & width of cells.) Now my problem is when we print this excel from two different machines, prints are different, even though it is printed on same printer. My doubt is that it is related to aspect ratio/ screen resolution. When we print it from a machine with 17" square ( regular ) monitor prints are okay, but when we print is from machines with wide monitors prints are off. Can this happen? or am I missing something. Thanks in Advan...

Script Error When Printing.. Error: Object Expected
Hello All, Our CRM application uses the isv.config to create a navbar item which redirects the user to a custom developed .aspx page within CRM. Since this is our purchase page we wish to allow the user's to right click on this page and select print ( allowing them to hardcopy track purchases) Whenever this is attempted, regardless of page, a series of script errors occur in internet explorer. Line:40 / 161 / 38 / 24 .. Error Object Expected. Error RemoteCommand is undefined.. I have tried debuggin this using vs.net, but have been unable to get anywhere. Does anyone know of a ...

Re: Worksheet only shows on print preview.
When I open my excel worksheet there is just a blank screen but if I press print preview the sheet I have been working on comes up and it will zoom in and out. I then close print preview and again no sheet shows. Therefore because I cannot get the sheet to show on the active screen I am unable to work on it or print it. Please respond as soon as possible. Many thanks for your help. Try Windows|Arrange|tiled and resize manually. Peggy wrote: > > When I open my excel worksheet there is just a blank > screen but if I press print preview the sheet I have been > working on com...

Rapport Printing Issue
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C75FE8.AC877B80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi all!=20 =20 My company is using Dynamics GP 9 and sometimes when we try to print a = report it prints without the data on it. I attached a PDF file witch is one report I try to print. If the user close GP and restart it, it will print correctly. =20 Any body knows how to fix that please? =20 JB =20 ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C75FE8.AC877B80 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1...

Schedule-Report to send to mail
Hello, Is there a way to schedule a report to send to my mail daily, at certain time using Outlook. Regards Rainu RMS currently has no this feature, however if you have crystal report then you have 2 free online tools available for this one is crystal passage and other one is crystal delivery. These are free. The other thing which you can use the message feature where you can alert in RMS whenever the report is due, it is just alternative. "Rainu Jacob" wrote: > Hello, > Is there a way to schedule a report to send to my mail daily, at certain > time using Outlook....

How do I print a simple text file.
How do I print a simple text file? I don't need any fancy formatting. I can open the CPrintDialog to select the printer that I am interested in using. The help page talks about getting the printer DC following the DoModal. What do I with the DC to make the file print? You can call ShellExecute with the print verb. -- Sheng Jiang Microsoft MVP in VC++ "TonyG" <TonyG@junk.com> wrote in message news:mLsli.26651$C96.18@newssvr23.news.prodigy.net... > How do I print a simple text file? I don't need any fancy formatting. > > I can open the CPrintDialog to s...

How to print 2 pages per A4 sheet, on both sides in Publisher
In Publisher 2007 I have made a booklet. Each page is half A4 size. I want to orientate standard UK A4 paper landscape, and print two (portrait orientated) pages per sheet, printing on both sides of the paper (i.e. 4 pages when printed both sides). I should then have two sheets which I can fold in half to result in an 8 page booklet. I set up the Publisher print dialogue and despite print preview being what I want, I am getting four pages per sheet not two. If I use the printer's dialogue box then OK the settings, it returns to the Publisher box - but the settings on this have ch...

Poor compression
I compressed a folder and all its subfolders that total 93GB. The saving for these 66,707 files was only 3GB. Content was only PDF, CHM, djvu and ptb files. Why did they not compress more? regards, "nobody" From: "nobody" <nobody@nowhere.com> | I compressed a folder and all its subfolders that total 93GB. The saving | for these 66,707 files was only 3GB. Content was only PDF, CHM, djvu and | ptb files. | Why did they not compress more? | regards, | "nobody" For one CHM and PDF are already compressed. -- Dave ...

how do i change the name of a report and still have the report wo
I took an exsisting database to another location...this location is named different so I'm trying to change the name of the reports however when I go into report and right click and change the name the report no longer works. How do i change the name of the report and have it work with the new name example.....report name: 75 SFS App Roster want to change to 35 SFS App Roster then when i run the report i want it to work but it says: The report name '75 SFS Appt Roster' you entered in either the property sheet or marco is misspelled or refers to a report that doesnt' ex...

Multi-Currency aging report displaying incorrect totals
I hope someone can help. I recently modified the “MC RM Trial Balance Detail Report” by adding a fifth bucket. When we run the report, the Grand Totals and Functional total always display 9,999,999,999,999.99. I’ve checked the bucket setup and that seems correct. The Aging buckets are all defined and shows correctly on the RM TB Detail Report. Has anyone seen this before, we are currently on version 9 with the latest service pack. ...

Excel Lags after printing
Whenever I print certain files in excel XP I experience a severe lag after doing so. What I mean is if a try and page up it just takes a really long time to refresh at the proper point. Same thing happens if I scroll with the arrow keys. These files are by no means large they are around 95k. I have updated the printer drivers and that did nothing. I added more Virtual memory and that helped a little. The only thing that fix's it is to close excel and re-open the file then it works fine again until the next time I print. ...

PDF printer for Report
I create a invoice in a report that i then print out, i would also like to save a copy to the Pc using the PDF printer thati have. If i click on the pdf printer it then lets me save it with a file name of what the report is called. rptInvoice Is there a way to get access to atomatical save the file as the order number that is showen on the invoice any help would be great Thanks Hi Simon, I believe you can do this by using VBA code to programmatically set the report's caption to include your invoice number. I have not tested it with exporting to the .pdf format, but it does work w...

Access Reports 11-27-07
In my access database, I created a check request report which recognizes a query. How do I get the report to go to the next record within a persons record if there are more than one expenses. It wants to print up a separate report for each expense which gives the report total an error, i.e. County Club Dues $260.00, Parking $48.00 are on two separate lines, however, it gives me a report for Country Club Dues and a separate half report for Parking. Is there a way in either query or the report to force it to go to the next record? If you mean a new page for each expense category, then...