PageSetup properties keep changing

Hello All

I recently had some mdb corruption problems, that I THINK I've solved - by
creating a new mdb and importing all objects. A new problem has now started
that is either coincidental or is somehow related to my having done the mdb
rebuild.

The page setup properties of various reports changes, periodically, 'by
iteslf'! I have been able to repeat this behaviour to some extent:

1. preview report - discover that the page setup properties are completely
wrong
2. close the report
3. select the report in the main database window, go File>Page Setup,
correct the properties
4. preview report - the page setup properties are now ok
5. close the report
6. amend a parameter on the open form that is used by the report
7. preview report - discover that the page setup properties are completely
wrong again!

This doesn't always happen, and I have been unable to identify any pattern.
The page setup properties are the margins, the landscape/portrait setting,
and in one case the printer - changed from 'specified printer (correct) to
default printer (not corect). I had been advised that setting the page setup
properties from the File menu item in the main database window was more
reliable than setting them from the report's design view - hence step 3
above.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks for any help.
Leslie Isaacs

0
PayeDoc

Make sure Name AutoCorrect is turned off.
Then compact the database.
Explanation:
    http://allenbrowne.com/bug-03.html

If this is Access 2007, make sure you have applied the service packs. SP2 is
here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b444bf18-79ea-46c6-8a81-9db49b4ab6e5&displaylang=en

"PayeDoc" <enquiries@gppayroll.org.uk> wrote in message
> Hello All
>
> I recently had some mdb corruption problems, that I THINK I've solved - by
> creating a new mdb and importing all objects. A new problem has now
> started
> that is either coincidental or is somehow related to my having done the
> mdb
> rebuild.
>
> The page setup properties of various reports changes, periodically, 'by
> iteslf'! I have been able to repeat this behaviour to some extent:
>
> 1. preview report - discover that the page setup properties are completely
> wrong
> 2. close the report
> 3. select the report in the main database window, go File>Page Setup,
> correct the properties
> 4. preview report - the page setup properties are now ok
> 5. close the report
> 6. amend a parameter on the open form that is used by the report
> 7. preview report - discover that the page setup properties are completely
> wrong again!
>
> This doesn't always happen, and I have been unable to identify any
> pattern.
> The page setup properties are the margins, the landscape/portrait setting,
> and in one case the printer - changed from 'specified printer (correct) to
> default printer (not corect). I had been advised that setting the page
> setup
> properties from the File menu item in the main database window was more
> reliable than setting them from the report's design view - hence step 3
> above.
>
> Can anyone shed any light on this?
>
> Thanks for any help.
> Leslie Isaacs

0
Allen
6/7/2010 2:22:03 PM
Hello Allen

Very many thanks for your response to this. I am using Access 2000, and I
have found that the Name AutoCorrect was turned on: it's now off!

I note from your reference that you suggest creating a new mdb, turning off
Name AutoCorrect, then inporting all objects. Is that really going to be
better than just turning the feature off then doing a compact/repair?

Thanks again
Les

> Make sure Name AutoCorrect is turned off.
> Then compact the database.
> Explanation:
>     http://allenbrowne.com/bug-03.html
>
> If this is Access 2007, make sure you have applied the service packs. SP2
is
> here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b444bf18-79ea-46c6-8a81-9db49b4ab6e5&displaylang=en

> "PayeDoc" <enquiries@gppayroll.org.uk> wrote in message
> > Hello All
> >
> > I recently had some mdb corruption problems, that I THINK I've solved -
by
> > creating a new mdb and importing all objects. A new problem has now
> > started
> > that is either coincidental or is somehow related to my having done the
> > mdb
> > rebuild.
> >
> > The page setup properties of various reports changes, periodically, 'by
> > iteslf'! I have been able to repeat this behaviour to some extent:
> >
> > 1. preview report - discover that the page setup properties are
completely
> > wrong
> > 2. close the report
> > 3. select the report in the main database window, go File>Page Setup,
> > correct the properties
> > 4. preview report - the page setup properties are now ok
> > 5. close the report
> > 6. amend a parameter on the open form that is used by the report
> > 7. preview report - discover that the page setup properties are
completely
> > wrong again!
> >
> > This doesn't always happen, and I have been unable to identify any
> > pattern.
> > The page setup properties are the margins, the landscape/portrait
setting,
> > and in one case the printer - changed from 'specified printer (correct)
> > default printer (not corect). I had been advised that setting the page
> > setup
> > properties from the File menu item in the main database window was more
> > reliable than setting them from the report's design view - hence step 3
> > above.
> >
> > Can anyone shed any light on this?
> >
> > Thanks for any help.
> > Leslie Isaacs

0
PayeDoc

How do I change an AutoShapes Callout line gap ?
The standard format of an AutoShapes Callout has a gap between the text box border and the line. This line gap can be increased or decreased. I prefer a line gap of 0, and have done it once before but cannot remember how. Has anyone else figured out how to do this? Thanks. ...

Outlook language setting changes by itself and annoying adobe butt
I have my outlook language set to Australian English. When I start to compose a new message everything works fine. However when I reply to a message the language setting is almost always on US English. Even when I reply to an email that I've originally authored, recipient has replied and then I reply to that message, the language which started as AUS - English is now US - English. I find this frustrating to have to change it back all the time when the default setting on my computer is english. Also I have a "Attach as Adobe PDF" button that keeps poping up in my messag...

Folder Properties not available and Get Properties always greyed out
> Entourage 2008 / Mac OS X 10.4 / PPC I read there is meant to be a 'Folder Properties' option when you ctrl +click on a folder in Entourage 2008, but I see no such item. The only thing I can find is 'Get Properties' under the main 'Edit' menu, but that is always greyed out. So... i) why do I not see 'Folder Properties' when I ctrl+click on folders in Entourage 2008, and ii) why is 'Get Properties' always greyed out no matter what's selected? PS: I'm trying to clear the cache for a folder as per the directions here - http://www.e...

Combining cell with the & function and keep the individual cell fo
Is there a way to keep the original format of the cell when combining the cells together? For instance, my formula is =c4&" "e4. I would like c4 to be bold, but not e4. Is this possible? Hi this is not possible with formulas -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Kelly Ma" <Kelly Ma@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9C2F054D-96BD-426E-AD2F-E433DFB8EA3F@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to keep the original format of the cell when combining the > cells together? For instance, my formula is =c4&" "e4. I would li...

Time Keeping
I'm trying to make a time sheet for myself but my time keeps coming up negative. in cell a1 i have 9:00 AM (with the cell formated as time h:mm PM) and cell b1 5:00 PM (with the cell formated as time h:mm PM) and cell c1 formated as number (with formula (A1-B1)*24 . I'm getting 8 hours but it is coming out negative. so my cells look like this 9:00 AM 5:00 PM -8.00 What am i doing wrong? How can i get a positive number? =(B1-A1)*24 -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "Timeless Excel" <Timeless Excel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6B30E6D-2AF0-442E-A...

Arrays of property pages
I have a property sheet with 10 property pages. All 10 property pages are the same class, they derive from the same dialog ID and they are held in an array. The dialog has just one list control in it. The problem is when I try to write to more than one of the list controls then all of them are empty. If I write to just one its okay. Does anybody know the problem? Chris Baker wrote: > I have a property sheet with 10 property pages. All 10 property pages > are the same class, they derive from the same dialog ID and they are > held in an array. The dialog has just one list control ...

PageSetup
Ok using the code below I create a duplicate of my Traffic sheet for A4 paper printout. However, the FitToPagesWide and FitToPagesTall do not seem to affect the new page. It stays as the original which is set at "Adjust to: 44%". Is there a way to clear the "Adjust to" field to allow the FitToPagesWide and Tall will work? 'Create A4 sheet Sheets(ActiveSheet.name).Copy After:=Sheets(ActiveSheet.name) ActiveSheet.name = "Traffic [A4]" 'Names sheet With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .FitToPagesWide = 1 .FitToPagesTall = 1 .Ori...

Problem to modify KB after change the template
Hi, Something strange. I create a Knowledge base template and Write article, submit... If I change my KB tmeplate, put my article in draft mode and try to add information in the new section I add in the template it doesn't work. Any idea? Did MS could have a fix for that? Sylvie ...

Changing Message Header Font Size
Is there a way to change the font size of the text in the To, CC and Subject lines of a new mail message? Hello, Sorry, I do not know the answer to this although I would be interested to hear the solution. I have a related question: This is for Outlook 2003. I want to make the font larger for the list of emails shown in the Inbox. When I right-click in the Inbox pane and pick "Other Settings" I get a dialog to set the "Column Font" and "Row Font". This works OK, the list of emails is now shown in the new font. HOWEVER, when a new email comes in (and that line...

Change Quote.dot
Can someone please tell me how the make changes to the Quote.dot. There is some text on the last page I need to change and for some reason I can not get past the merge fields to do this. Hi Valerie, Can you please help me understand exactly what text you need to change? -- Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan) Program Manager Microsoft Dynamics - CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. � 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. "Valerie" <Valerie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Revert QAT changes
Hi, I add few macros to the menu via Ribbon customization (using .dotm files). Then the end user adds those icons to the Quick Access Toolbar. The QAT breaks frequently (e.g. after opening a file from a temp path), and after restart there are only the standard icons and features visible on QAT(macros are missing). Is there any way to avoid it? Currently I use batch scripts, but it is very primitive workaround: Backup: copy /Y %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Office\Word.qat %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Office\Wordbackup.qat Restore: copy /Y %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Office\Wordbackup.qa...

text size keeps changing
Is there a setting somewhere in Outlook 2000 that stabilizes the text/font size of incoming emails? They show up either too small or too large, with no real pattern. John <jstein@spamfreeusa.net> wrote: > Is there a setting somewhere in Outlook 2000 that stabilizes the > text/font size of incoming emails? They show up either too small or > too large, with no real pattern. If your senders are using HTML formatting for their messages, they control the text size. -- Brian Tillman ...

Wireless Connection Properties window
I'm trying to get Windows to manage my wireless network. On this website http://oit.pdx.edu/use-windows-to-manage-wireless I got to the window entitled "Wireless Connection Properties." But on the website it shows a General and a Wireless Networks tab. On my problem XP computer it shows a General and an Advanced tab. And the Advanced tab doesn't have the critical "Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings." How do I set that property given my "Advanced" tab flavor of XP? I explain the problem that brought me to this point in...

How to change AutoCorrect options permanently?
Here's the problem. I use Outlook 2007 and whenever I write a new email, the annoying AutoCorrect feature capitalises the first word. So I go to Editor Options -> Proofing -> AutoCorrect Options and uncheck all the Captitlise this and that. The next time I start Outlook the problem starts again. Any ideas? Thanks. "Zweibel" <Molderings@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:2b8248ed-8470-4e01-8549-f4fbff6d9e58@j39g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > Here's the problem. > > I use Outlook 2007 and whenever I write a new email, the annoying > AutoCorrect fea...

Upgrading an OS, changing an OS, Downgrading an OS?
I was wondering something. This is the situation: I currently have an OEM computer that came with Windows XP 32-bit. I just called Microsoft and asked the rep: if I were to install a windows Vista or 7 upgrade onto this computer, can I later clear the system completely, and re-install the original version of windows XP from the boot dvd-rom? I was encouraged to go with the upgrade from my current XP install, not buy a new full-version OS. People on this site and a few others have recommended against the upgrades, and to do the clean installs. I have XP Home premium. If I put...

Changing value of node
Hi When using XmlDocument, I can create nodes and attributes as I like. What I didn't achieve is changing the Value of a node (created with createElement), it claims that it's the wrong node type. When changing the InnerText, I loose all child nodes. When cloning the node and reassigning the child nodes of the original node to the cloned node, the children are not visilble in the InnerXml. To make it simple. How do I change the value of a node without loosing its children? Any hints are appeaciated. Thanks, Urs "Urs Vogel" <uvogel@msn.com> wrote in message...

why does outlook keep encountering problems
when i access oulook 2003 i keep getting an error message that outlook has encountered a problem but when asked to send report it doesnt create a report. also quite freq i get thrown out and my pc retsarts automatically when in outlook. help The symptoms that you describe, indicate to me that you should clean your system of viresus and malware. Run your andtivirus scan and then download, install, update and scan with Ad-aware SE Personal. http://www.lavasoftusa.com "Kully" wrote: > when i access oulook 2003 i keep getting an error message that outlook has > encountered...

properties
Is there a way to print the properties sheet of a given control? Thank you for your help Joanne There is not a built-in mechanism to do this. It is possible to open the form in design view, and loop through the Properties of the control. If you want the properties for the form itself and all its controls, the simplest solution might be to use the undocumented SaveAsText to create a text file. This contains all the properties that are set. (It doesn't show the values that are left at the default.) As an example of how to do this for Form1, press Ctrl+G to open the Immediate windo...

I have a reoccuring appointment that keeps coming up.
I keep looking at my calendar under tools and I still can't find the answer. every time I close the lid to my laptop, it keeps coming up and then it states that this doesn't exist See http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/cleanreminder.asp for the methods you can use to remove it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-N...

Changing the Data File Location?
How do you change the location of the Outlook data file so you can store it on a server for backup purposes? Chris Peikert wrote: > How do you change the location of the Outlook data file so you can store it > on a server for backup purposes? Hi Chris, please read http://www.andreas-roeder.net/english%20support/move_pst.htm but Microsoft let you know, that you can get in trouble if you move your pst file on a netdrive! -- Thank you for watching us!;-) webmaster@andreas-roeder.net http://www.andreas-roeder.net Thanks "Andreas Roeder" <Andreas.Roeder-Privat@Arcor....

Type mismatch in SelStart property datatype
Why, when a textbox bound to a memo field or an unbound textbox can contain over 32767 characters, would the textbox.SelStart property be an Integer rather than a Long Integer? This makes it almost impossible to use the SelStart property in these circumstances. Surely this is a bug in VB/VBA that could be fixed simply by changing this property to a Long Integer datatype. I am using Access 2007, and I need to set the cursor position of a textbox in rich text format to a the last character position, that is frequently in excess of 32767. I have tried the SendMessage EM_SETSEL...

Changing default autotext setup
The default autotext are 'almost' what I want, how can I change them? ...

Change Fontsize-Problem in CListView with LVS_OWNERDRAWFIXED
Hi, I have a CListView with LVS_OWNERDRAWFIXED (--> overrode DrawItem). So far everything works as expected. Problem: If I change the font in OnInitialUpdate() the row height doesn't change appropriate, actually doesn't change at all. Try: I found OnMeasureItem() in CListView, but this is never called and I have no Idea how to produce WM_MEASUREITEM. -- Thanks in advance, Norbert "Norbert" <Norbert@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:879F9947-CCB9-4BDB-AC1B-365C08021F6D@microsoft.com... > Problem: > If I change the font in OnIn...

C1030745 accessing object properties
We have three folders that appear in the Public Folder\Folder Replication Status folder that are not set to replicate. Attempts to access the properties of the object results in a C1030745 error message. These folders exist in the Public Folder hierarchy, and are in use, but are not set to replicate. Can these replication entries be removed without affecting the actual folder, and if so how? ...

How can I customise colours used in charts and keep those colours.
Hi I've produced a series of pie charts from a set of data - and have customised the colours but I have to manually alter the colours on each chart once I've made the chart. How can I keep the colours for each chart? Under Tools - Options - Color, you can set what XL should use by default as the chart colors. -- Best Regards, Luke M "LJ" <LJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D25D55A4-02F8-46CE-81A4-D84EE5C9B7B7@microsoft.com... > Hi I've produced a series of pie charts from a set of data - and have > customised the colours b...