page header on second page of invoice.

Hi,

I am working on an invoice form in Access via Office XP Pro on Win7.

Database:

tblInvoice  - 1 record per invoice
key   -  InvNo -  Access autonumber field
Data    CustNo
           InvData

tblInvDet - 1 record per invoice transaction
key - InvSeqNo - Access autonumber field
Data - InvNo
          TransactionType

Background:

The Invoice report has a:
Group Header (Invoice Header) - Row source is tblInvoice
Detail (sub-report) sections

The main report does NOT have a:
Report Header
Page Header
Group Footer (Invoice Footer)
Page Footer
Report Footer section

The sub-report has a:
Page Header   (this does not print at all for some reason)
Detail Section - row source is tblInvoiceDet  (linked by InvNo field)
Report Footer sections

It does not have a:
Report Header
Page Footer sections

Everything works fine until I go to a two page invoice.

Here are my questions:
1.  Why does the Detail Page Header not print?  Is that because when the
first invoice detail is printed, I'm in the middle of the page?  Is so, why
does it not print on the top of the second page.

2.  How do I get something to print on the top of the second page of the
invoice?  I don't want the complete top of invoice information to print, but
maybe "Continuation of invoice # xxx for Customer xxxx" would be nice.

Thanks,

Dennis

There are no page sections in subreports. You can create an InvNo group
header in the subreport and use it in place of a subreport page header
section. Set its Repeat Section property to Yes if you want this to display
at the top of each subreport instance.

--
Duane Hookom
MS Access MVP

"Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am working on an invoice form in Access via Office XP Pro on Win7.
>

> Database:
>
> tblInvoice  - 1 record per invoice
> key   -  InvNo -  Access autonumber field
> Data    CustNo
>           InvData
>
> tblInvDet - 1 record per invoice transaction
> key - InvSeqNo - Access autonumber field
> Data - InvNo
>          TransactionType
>

> Background:
>
> The Invoice report has a:
> Group Header (Invoice Header) - Row source is tblInvoice
> Detail (sub-report) sections
>
> The main report does NOT have a:
> Report Header
> Page Header
> Group Footer (Invoice Footer)
> Page Footer
> Report Footer section
>
> The sub-report has a:
> Page Header   (this does not print at all for some reason)
> Detail Section - row source is tblInvoiceDet  (linked by InvNo field)
> Report Footer sections
>

> It does not have a:
> Report Header
> Page Footer sections
>
> Everything works fine until I go to a two page invoice.
>
> Here are my questions:
> 1.  Why does the Detail Page Header not print?  Is that because when the
> first invoice detail is printed, I'm in the middle of the page?  Is so,
> why
> does it not print on the top of the second page.
>
> 2.  How do I get something to print on the top of the second page of the
> invoice?  I don't want the complete top of invoice information to print,
> but
> maybe "Continuation of invoice # xxx for Customer xxxx" would be nice.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Dennis

0
Duane
4/7/2010 7:24:06 PM
Duane,

I'm not sure what you mean by "There are no page sections in a sub-report".
I'm looking at the rptInvoice layout.  In the sub-report, there is a section
called Page Header and Page Footer.   I can not get anything to print in the
page header section, but I can get totals to appear in the page footer
section.

Your comment: You can create an InvNo group header in the subreport and use
it in place of a subreport page header section. Set its Repeat Section
property to Yes if you want this to display at the top of each subreport
instance.

My Response:  I'll give it a try and post the results.

Dennis
Duane

Your comment:  There are no page sections in subreports.

My Response:  Ah, you are correct.  They appear on the report layout screen,
but they do not print.  I can see that now.

Your comment:  You can create an InvNo group header in the subreport and use
it in place of a subreport page header section. Set its Repeat Section
property to Yes if you want this to display at the top of each subreport
instance.

My Response:   I had to play with it to get it just right, but it worked
great.  Thank you so much.

Dennis

Mirror pages
We working on a 55 page catalog that is using the ACCENT BOX layout that came with Publisher. Every page has a pageholder/header at the top that shows the name of the catalog, the page number and a little image. When we began this, we were adding single pages (not knowing about the master page concept). Now we have all the pages ready but we've noticed that the page numbers within the pageholder and image are all on the top right of every page. What we would prefer is that they be mirrored with the left pages (odd number) having these items on the left hand corner and the right ...

All pages display on each page
I am having a problem with 2002 version that displays every page in the publication as one. Essentially every page is overlayed on every other page which makes the whole thing look like a big mess. Any suggestions as to how to cure this ? You maybe experiencing video driver failure. Do this, slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab, slide the acceleration down a couple of notches. If this solves your issue go to the manufacturer's web site of your graphics card and look around for an upgraded driver. D...

How to have more than one page on web site
I am trying to upload a newsletter to a website, but only the front page appears. How do I get all of the pages to appear? ...

creating an e-mail hyperlink from a web page
Can anyone tell me what format I need to use to format a hyperlink that customers can click the submit button and communicate via e-mail to me from our web page. -- Gina I presume you know how to insert a hyperlink, and that given your use of the words "submit button", that you are actually asking about how to get the forms feature to work. Reference: Publisher web publication forms 101 http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80564.aspx And then you will probably want to read the article about HTTP uploading protocol, and the troubleshooting article here: http:...

Problem with SDK pages after changing SQL port number

Emailing Invoices and Statements
Can anyone share their experience with emailing statements or invoices as a pdf file using Outlook. Thank you. Emailing Statements works out of the box from great plains if you have adobe acrobat installed. Since it's using the pdfwriter/distiller (depending) the resulting PDF looks the same as if you'd print it on the printer. I've recently completed a customization for a customer that uses the same email accounts that the Statements use for SOP Invoices. IF you print a batch of sop invoices, the code will pull out the ones that are set up for emailing statements and won...

How to add a custom header into a post
Does Windows Mail have a way to add a custom header into a post? TIA. No. If you try, it will remove it. steve "In-Betweener" <In-Betweener@chaos.order.mrvl> wrote in message = news:efGnp2XGLHA.5160@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Does Windows Mail have a way to add a custom header into a post? >=20 > TIA. "In-Betweener" <In-Betweener@chaos.order.mrvl> wrote in message news:efGnp2XGLHA.5160@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Does Windows Mail have a way to add a custom header into a post? > > TIA. >"Steve Cochran" <sco...

IFD Sign In Page
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C8940A.D1DDFFB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, Can we leverage credentails passed to "Sign In" page of MS CRM 4.0 in = IFD environment? I want to use it for making call to Discovery service = to fetch organization details. Thanks Rajeev ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C8940A.D1DDFFB0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//...

Public folder tree for second Exc Child Domain
Guys, I am trying to configure Public folder Tree and associated folder for my second exchange org. I followed article Article ID : 255077 I created the public folder tree on the second Echange server associated public folder tree, greyed out, and pointing to first Exchange server, I want people to be able to have their Pub folders on their Exc server, I have already created Public folder store Help please Amy On Mon, 1 May 2006 06:50:02 -0700, Amy <Amy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >Guys, I am trying to configure Public folder Tree and associated folder for >...

How to view header.
I'm being asked to forward emails from a scam artist on ebay to ebays support people. However, there asking me to provide the header of each one (obviously). How do I forward it to them so that the header from the original sender or creator is viewable? Highlight the email in question. Right click on it and go to options. Go to the header and highlight all of the text. Do a CNTRL C. (This copies it) In your email to ebay do a CNTRL V to paste the information in to the email. Thom If you're using Outlook 2000, you can view the header of an email, by doing the following: ...

Tracking Numbers on Invoices
How do I add the field tracking numbers to my invoice? What table is it on? SOP10107 "Debbie" <Debbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4050F1D4-7BF2-4A8F-9DBD-00973E84CC92@microsoft.com... > How do I add the field tracking numbers to my invoice? What table is it > on? > > I need to print the LAST tracking number when multiple tracking numbers are used on the invoice. How can this be done? Thanks. "HSalim[MVP]" wrote: > SOP10107 > > "Debbie" <Debbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > ...

what is the easiest way to load a web page in vc++? thanks Depends upon what you mean load. If you mean launching default browser, use ShellExecute. If you mean to load it in your MFC app, use CHTMLView. Other options are MSHTML, IWebBrowser2 etc. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com <anonymous@coolgroups.com> wrote in message news:08836cee5638a933f900557a8deb7d83@news.scbiz.com... | what is the easiest way to load a web page in vc++? | | thanks >-----Original Message----- >what is the easiest way to load a web page in vc++? > >thanks >. > microsoft ...

converting numbers to seconds or minutes
I need enter some numbers in a cell from a hard copy report. The prin out column is in time format eg Let say cell C1 is 1:14 meaning one minute and 14 seconds. However I do not want to type type th colon : I want to type just 114 (to save time in data entry) an convert that automatically to seconds. I guess I need to create a input mask first then convert the number to seconds. What formul will recognize my data entry and convert it to seconds? I guess th value on the data entry is not time but just numerical value -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check out ...

Page up and Page down
Is there any way the you can use Code to cause a form to do page up and page down. I have a Long form that some of the information that is at the bottom of the form is out of view and only use by certain people. How can I have a botton on click go page down to the bottom and another button that will return the form to the top of the form. I know that you can use the keys to accomplish this but for appearance value I would rather use a button on the form to accomplish this. any ideas? Sandrao, You can put a Page Break control on your form. Then, code on the Click event of your button...

Where did the other pages go in my booklet?
Opened an 8 page booklet to update it and print. (Created in Publisher 2003) The only page that is there is the first page. 7 pages are gone. Opened a brochure to print and all that is there is the front side. The extra pages seemed to have disappeared during one of the Microsoft updates. Is there any way to retrieve or find these missing pages? Disappearing pages don't happen during updates. Are you using 2007? Is it a trial? Do you have the page tabs visible in the status bar? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "PDX Sue" <PDX Sue@discussions.mic...

How to Make Page No dissapear if there is only one Page
Hi, Is there a way in MS Word 2003 and 2007 for making the page number display only if there is more than one pages. ie. the moment the pages become 2 the page number should appear and the moment the page number become 1 the page number should dissapear. Please help me out of this Regards, Akhil You could use a conditional field combination in the header/footer {IF {Numpages} > 1 {Page}} It will work in any version -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Wor...

Printing Appts from multiple Calendars on one page- How
Hi Guys. I have a client that uses Exchange 2k3 and Outlook 2k3 for a Calendaring/appointment system for their offices. The person at the front desk makes most of the appointments directly into the user's Calendars via shared calendars. While she can see multiple calendars at once, she would like to be able to print out one page that contains the appointments of multiple calendars. ie; Appointments from multiple calendars time slotted down the page. She needs to be able to juggle interview rooms and other resources and she has to know who has appts at what times. Any ideas on this one?...

I lost my page sorter at the bottom left hand side. How do I get.
I cannot find the page sorter and thus cannot go to different pages. How do I get the page sorter back? Thanks, Myra While in a state of ecstasy after repairing his laptop, Ed sees a message from Rice MS Newsletter Editor <RiceMSNewsletterEditor@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > I cannot find the page sorter and thus cannot go to different pages. > How do I get the page sorter back? Thanks, View > Status Bar is normally the first port of call -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaim...

Outlook 2003 won't print message headers
This has just started happening in the last few weeks to other people in my office and now to me. I haven't been able to trace the problem back to any specific update (at least not yet) mainly due to a lack of input from the people this has happened to. The problem is while printing emails from Outlook 2003 I can print the body of the message, but the message header (email addresses to, from, cc, etc.. and subject) won't print. We are all using word as the email editor and I originally thought that a change in the word normal template may have been the cause, but reverting to a norm...

Error on the script of this page
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C6FD1E.A3BEE240 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, Every time I open personal folders, I get a message saying: Error on the script of this page line 298 car 1 error: non registered class code 0 =20 URL: outlook today I close it, and then every thing works OK Thank you for your help if possible Louis MOUSSY ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C6FD1E.A3BEE240 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-...

Transfer 56 Pages of Data From Clipboard=?ISO-8859-1?B?iiA=?=To Clipboard?
You Mean there IS a Multi-Panel Clipboard in Office 2004?!? Oooppps! I Haven't seen it! Any Clues where it Might Be? You Guys are Great: Thanks for All the Help!! Sea Mac I'm Putting the Stock Phrases in the Scrapbook for Now but will chase down this Auto-Text thing. I hadn't seen it because I'm not using Office 2004 yet, so don't waste any time on my careless words. On 9/30/04 10:21 PM, "Sea Mac" wrote: > You Mean there IS a Multi-Panel Clipboard in Office 2004?!? Oooppps! I > Haven't seen it! Any Clues where it Might Be? You Guys are Gr...

Headers
Is there anyway to print a header only on the first page? Thanks. Vikki, I don't think this is possible. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Vikki" <ccadlady@stx.rr.com> wrote in message news:00e801c34893$1d80ab70$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there anyway to print a header only on the first page? > > Thanks. Vikki, try this macro by Ron de Bruin Sub print_header() 'will print header on 1st page only 'By: Ron de Bruin Totpage = Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro(&quo...

Connector for Notes ... Downloading Calendar/headers too frequently
Hello- I recently installed the Outlook Connector for Lotus Notes (using Outlook 2003 and Notes 5.0.11). It seems to work well, but I having a problem in that it seems when I restart Oulook after a shutdown or reboot, it tries to download the entire Calendar again, then download all the headers of all the email messages again, even though they were all synced already. This then causes my Inbox to be updated very slowly until it's finished going though my calendar and email messages. Any idea what's happening? Thanks, Nick ...

How to "flip" pages in Reading Layout
At work, we use outlook professional, and documents are sent in "Reading Layout" format. Trouble is, I don't know how to flip the pages. Can you please help me? This is the message I get when I open a mult-page document in MS Word. Welcome to Reading Layout (Microsoft Office Word) This view has been designed to make it easier to read documents on your screen without needing to print them out. Reading Layout: • Lets you flip pages, like reading a book. • Uses large text with ClearType for easy reading. • Is an ideal place to review and comment on a document. • Shows only th...

Displaying XML Stream on ASP.NET Page
I am writing an application which will get stream of XML Data from a CRM application. I am able to make HTTP request and retrieve the xml stream in XML Text Reader. I want to display this data on an ASP.NET page. I have done some research and found that there is XML Web Server control in ASP.NET. However, all the examples I have seen utilize a XML document and not an XML Stream or XMLTextReader object. Can XML Web Server control also read from XML Text Reader. Also, what other options can I use to display stream of XML Data on ASP.NET Page. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ashish wrot...