OpenReport with WHERE clause not 'filtering' data

Hi guys

I have an Access 2003 project talking to a MS SQL database.

I have created a report with the datasource being a Stored Procedure
(usr_GetCases).

I am opening this report via the click event of a Command Button on a
form (which will later be used to gather report filtering parameters).

I am opening the report with the DoCmd.OpenReport command and a WHERE
clause however I get the full recordset not the selected data.

Here is my command:

 DoCmd.OpenReport "usr_GetCaseByDate", acViewPreview, ,
"[ExposureAmount] = 5000"

Exposureamount is a 'money' field type.

I can't find any discussions to explain this.  Do I have to set any
properties on the report for this to work?

Thanks...Andy

0
Andy

Summary Cells on Filtered
I have some cells that do ( count,sum,sumif) etc of my data. But I need it to also work on a filtered worksheet???? Is it possible???? Regards Graham Look in help for SUBTOTAL, it will count, sum, average etc with filtered rows. It won't do sumif, but you can use somewhat more complex formulas for that or a help column -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "graham feeley" <grahamjfeeley@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:40c2980e$0$31677$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > I have some cells that do ( count,...

How do I bring a certain data series to the front
I currently have a line graph set up with 4 data series--current info, 1 month ago, prior FYE, and 1 year ago. In the legend, the data series are reverse chronological from left to right. I want the current info data series on the line graph to show up on top instead of being buried by the other series (some of the values are the same). Is there a way to bring this series to the front without changing the series order under formatting? Hi, The way to bring series to the front is to use the series order, but as you realize this will change the legend order. One way around this is to ...

LINQ: Dynamic Order By clause
Hi, I'd like to order a query either by an Integer value or a String value. I could write select case condition case 1 dim q = from bla in blub order by bla.IntegerProperty case 2 dim q = from bla in blub order by bla.StringProperty end select This is of no use because I have to access q after "end select". But if I declared it before "select case", I'd have to write dim q as IOrderedEnumerable(Of TElement) However, "TElement" is an anonymous type, so I can't do this also. Is it possible...

Is there anyway to move a trendline behind the data series?
Hi, I'm using XL2002 with Windows 2000. I have a chart that I added a trendline to, but it obscures part of my data series, is there a way to move it behind the data series? If so, how? I can't figure it out. Thanks! Norm nOrM - You can use a thinner line, which would cut down on the obscurity of the data. Or you could get the parameters of the curve fit, either from LINEST (see Bernard Liengme's site for assistance if needed), or by extracting the coefficients from the trendline equation (see Dave Braden's technique). Use these parameters to determine X-Y data for ...

SendInput lose data
Hello everybody, I'm writing an "Word-macro"-like application. I would like to allow a user to store a sequence of key presses and mouse movements and to send them on command to a specified software. I need to send mouse movements too because I want to be able to draw on graphical area of applications like Paint or Photoshop. My program uses SendInput to transmit key presses and mouse movements to Windows. Unfortunately, I'm loosing some of my data. For sample, I send "Middle Button Down", then "Mouse Move", then "Middle Button Up". >From ...

Help with And/Or Clause in Formula
I have a formula that I want to do the following If cell B40 ="New" and any value in cells c40:c44 = "CAP" I want t return the value "CAP" otherwise if false return the value "N/A" How can I do tha -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try this array formula: =IF(AND(B40="New",OR(C40:C44="Cap")),"Cap","N/A") Must be entered with CSE (<Ctrl> <Shift> <Enter>). -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may be...

Data model in CRM
Quickly, does anyone know which tables relate to call and development plans in CRM? ...

chkdsk data loss
Is it ever possible for chkdsk /f to remove data from a file? Thanks "CM" <cmgeizer@lesschancecounter.com> wrote in message news:op.vb7aost63jgnf4@mapddrule1.ffe.foxeg.com... > Is it ever possible for chkdsk /f to remove data from a file? > Thanks When chkdsk finds a corrupted file system then it will write the various data blocks into individual files in one or several folders that hang off the root directory of the disk you checked. Some of these blocks are likely to belong to existing files. I am not aware of any method to re-attach them to the or...

Append Text Data to Particular Worksheet
I need help creating a Macro or VBA code that will go get data from a specific .txt file and append this data to the next row of a specific worksheet within an Excel workbook. Thanks for any help or replies. Sean shmiked@yahoo Try recording one when you do it manually once. If you need help tweaking your code when you're done, post back. "Sean M. Doyle" wrote: > > I need help creating a Macro or VBA code that will go get data from a > specific .txt file and append this data to the next row of a specific > worksheet within an Excel workbook. > > Thanks for ...

Data series labels
How do I show only the last data label for each series in a chart and allow them to update as new data is added to each series? I will try to use VBA if this is the only way possible. Hi, Depending on your chart and data VBA may not be required. http://www.andypope.info/charts/Labellast.htm Or Jon Peltier has some code. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/LabelLastPoint.html Cheers Andy cpt7750 wrote: > How do I show only the last data label for each series in a chart and allow > them to update as new data is added to each series? > I will try to use VBA if this is the only w...

Filter Help???
Hi all, Can anyone help, please. I am trying to filter child (mrc child form) forms from a parent form. Using a combo (FilterMnau) in the header of the Parent (form Index) to filter the data in the child form. But the child form doens't change. The macro condition below: [Forms]![index]![FilterManu] Like [Forms]![index]![mrc].[Form]![manufacturer] Can somone please help. Are the fields in the subform based on a select query? Along my line of thinking it should be. In the design grid of the query insert [Forms]![index]![FilterMenu] into the appropriate criteria assuming this r...

Archiving/backup of old data
I have 6 years of data in my msmoney file. I just did an archive of all my data prior to 1 Jan 2004. MSMoney created archive file with old plus also some data after 1 Jan 2004 (including some transactions from yesterday!). How do I get MSMoney to create an archive/backup of only data prior to 1 Jan 2004? What techniques do you folks use? -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ Most of us don't. My Money file goes back to Money 95. Have a look at http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html#Q184 plus other questions in the same area. -- Regards Bob Pee...

Case in Order By clause
Can you use multiple columns in an ORDER BY clause with a CASE statement. I can do: SELECT * FROM TableA ORDER BY CASE @SortByLevel WHEN 1 THEN Level ELSE Name END But I want to use both columns in the ORDER BY but in reverse order.l SELECT * FROM TableA ORDER BY CASE @SortByLevel WHEN 1 THEN Level, Name ELSE Name, Level END I get an error on the comma. Is there a way to do this without Dynamic Sql? Thanks, Tom On Fri, 27 Aug 2010 14:29:25 -0700, "tshad" <tfs@dslextreme.com> wrote: >Can you use multiple columns in an ORDER BY clause wi...

Filter Data
Hi all, I have a search form used to look up records based on a number of entry fields. I have, with the help of this forum, created successful searches for all of the text like fields, but I also wanted to have a "# of weeks back" filter as well. My crrent code is: Dim strWhere As String strWhere = "True" If Not IsNull(Me.LastName) Then strWhere = strWhere & " AND ShipTo_LName like """ & Me.LastName & "*""" End If If Not IsNull(Me.Organization) Then strWhere = strWhere & " AND ShipTo_Organization like &quo...

how to import/convert TSV or CSV data
Hello, The only file format proposed by my bank when I download my bank statement is TSV (tab separated value). If it's easy to use with excel, I can't find any way to convert it to QIF or any other format that money can handle. Can anybody help me? Thank you Marc Yes. See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q8. "Marc Rodary" <marc.rodary@bigfoot.com> wrote in message news:2b66a01c39313$6e8668f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > The only file format proposed by my bank when I download > my bank statement is TSV (tab separated value). If it's > eas...

Vertical Gridlines & Data Marker
Firstly, I noticed that a vertical gridlines of the chart are not align with the gridlines of the data tables. I am wondering how it can be aligned. Secondly, I also noticed that a marker is located on the leftside virtical gridlines of X scales. I am also wondering how to place it on the center. Hi Gary, In my version of Excel they are. Try it with a line chart. In Excel 2007 you might have to make an adjustment. We need more info. With a data table the markers are placed between the vertical gridlines, if you don't like that you can remove the data table and then format th...

Filtering Out Certain Messages
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003D_01CAAB42.98145120 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable In the ...Vista.General newsgroup a poster keeps posting off topic and = it is getting a bit annoying. I understand Microsoft is going to web based forums and probably don't = care about this but it gets to be difficult to navigate with all these off-topic posts. (Anyone who frequents = ....Vista.General knows what I'm talking about.) Don't get me wrong, at first I considered t...

visual c# excel 2007 pivot filter
Hi, I'm trying to add pivot filter with multiple values checked using visual c# 2008, we tried using the xldatebetween syntax property of the pivot function, but keep getting an error on the object data property. Can someone please guide me to the right syntax below is the string from the code tablePage1.PivotFilters.Add(Excel.XlPivotFilterType.xlDateBetween,tablePivot.PivotFields("Posted Date"),"12/7/2009", missing, missing, missing, missing, missing); ...

conditional data label
I have a chart that calculates control limits for electrical test data. I dont want all the data to have data labels turned on, just the ones that exceed the control limits. I was planning on experimenting with comparing the series objects of the data to that of the control limits and if the test is true turn on the dataLabel object. Has anyone done this? Is there a better way? Thanks in advance Write formulas in a range of cells to produce the conditional labels. Then use one of these utilities to apply the labels to the points. They link the labels to the cells, so when conditions (a...

DoCmd.OpenReport suddenly failing, macro OpenReport succeeds
This is weird. This database has worked ok for years, now suddenly in some VBA code a DoCmd.OpenReport is failing, the error handler there doesn't get hit, but the macro that called that VBA function gets an Action Failed in RunCode. If I open the report manually it succeeds, if I open it directly from a macro it succeeds. At least a couple of different places this happens. Anyone else seen this? One more thing, it only is a problem on one machine (WinXP SP2), others WinXP SP2 machines are still ok. And if the VBA code does a RunMacro which prints the report that works, but if the ...

Printing data in 2 columns
I have a spreadsheet with multiple columns. I want to print the data landscape, but want data to continue in a second column on the right side of the sheet.(trying to save trees and squeeze twice the data on one sheet) Top left to bottom left then up to top right and down to bottom right. Any help would be appreciated. Hi todd m See David McRitchie his snakecol page http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "todd m" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d96a01c...

Data Files #3
How do you close a Outlook data file? Giles wrote: > How do you close a Outlook data file? Right mouse click on the folder which denotes the "file", and pick "close". This disconnects this PST file from Outlook. Menu: File/Open to re-open it. Note: not normal to close these file unless you have aparticular reason or are simply completely done with ever using it. -- Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms Many Thanks Rob for replying I have tried to do this but unfortunatly, this option is disabled on the RHM Menu. I think the problem is related to ...

How to make a filter in a report?
I know this may be a odd question considering the number of posts on filters in reports... but I can't find anywhere a description on how to create a filter (input box) in the report in the first place. I have joined the source with a query that contains "total sales" for each customer and I want to filter the report so that only sales above x dollars are shown. I presume there's a way to make a textbox / select list that can be used to enter the value (sales) and operator (< >) to filter the output (report)? Kindly, Mikael Sweden Mikael Lindqvist wrote: >...

how to filter dates?
I am trying to filter out a number of date groups from a large data base. I have not had much luck using advanced filter with wildcards. how do I go about filtering aout certain months from a large range of years? One way would need a helper column with the formula - =month(A1) This will return the month number from the target cell and sorting on the helper column will bring all the entries together by month. Regards. Bill Ridgeway Computer Solutions "abigail" <abigail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69390A39-14DB-4D7B-B33C-79ABE7ED01E0@microsoft....

How to use drop-downs in a form to filter records?
Let's say I have Product, Size, and Color. Not all products are in all colors, and not all sizes of the products come in all colors. So I would like to drill down - like the action of the AutoFilter in Excel - in a form using drop-down controls. I can use the Product drop-down to select Widget. Widgets only come in small and large, so the Size drop-down will only give me those choices and not include medium and XL. The large widget only comes in red and blue, so I won't see green and black. Can someone give me the "For Dummies" explanation of how to do this? Is there po...