One database and multiple requested totals

I have one database of people and 4 types of dates. I am trying to get a
total for all records for the person, and if one date field is between x and
y, give that count. and if another field is between a and b, give this
count....

looking for one report that says : Total records : xx, Item A between date1
and date 2 = xx, and so on... suggestions?

Thank you in advance

My suggestion is to provide some table and field names, data types, sample
records, and desired display in the report.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Keven" wrote:

> I have one database of people and 4 types of dates. I am trying to get a
> total for all records for the person, and if one date field is between x and
> y, give that count. and if another field is between a and b, give this
> count....
>
> looking for one report that says : Total records : xx, Item A between date1
> and date 2 = xx, and so on... suggestions?
>
> Thank you in advance
okay...

The database has the following:

Account manager, customer, cust num, follow-up date, appened date, note
created date.

What I am looking for is :

Count of of customers for each Acct mgr, how many accts that have a follwoup
date  between x and y (Select query) and append date between different x and
y (Select query), and a count of notes created between a different x and y.
and a list of customers that do not meet the above grouping.

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> My suggestion is to provide some table and field names, data types, sample
> records, and desired display in the report.
>
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "Keven" wrote:
>
> > I have one database of people and 4 types of dates. I am trying to get a
> > total for all records for the person, and if one date field is between x and
> > y, give that count. and if another field is between a and b, give this
> > count....
> >
> > looking for one report that says : Total records : xx, Item A between date1
> > and date 2 = xx, and so on... suggestions?
> >
> > Thank you in advance
Please try again after re-reading my reply. There might be others who will
reply based on your answer but I expect a certain amount of effort on your
part. If you have any questions regarding my request, feel free to ask.

A "database" has tables, queries, forms, reports, code,... Tables have
fields and records. Fields have data types.
--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Keven" wrote:

> okay...
>
> The database has the following:
>
> Account manager, customer, cust num, follow-up date, appened date, note
> created date.
>
> What I am looking for is :
>
> Count of of customers for each Acct mgr, how many accts that have a follwoup
> date  between x and y (Select query) and append date between different x and
> y (Select query), and a count of notes created between a different x and y.
> and a list of customers that do not meet the above grouping.
>

> "Duane Hookom" wrote:
>
> > My suggestion is to provide some table and field names, data types, sample
> > records, and desired display in the report.
> >
> > --
> > Duane Hookom
> > Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "Keven" wrote:
> >
> > > I have one database of people and 4 types of dates. I am trying to get a
> > > total for all records for the person, and if one date field is between x and
> > > y, give that count. and if another field is between a and b, give this
> > > count....
> > >
> > > looking for one report that says : Total records : xx, Item A between date1
> > > and date 2 = xx, and so on... suggestions?
> > >
> > > Thank you in advance

can excel check one column against another
Hi. I have a spreadsheet with columns such as A, B, C, D, filled with numbers. Each row across such as row 1, then row 2, then row 3, etc of numbers is totaled in column E. Countless rows, each of which is totaled per row and then ends with a grand total at bottom of column E. Next comes columns F, G, H, also filled with numbers (but different numbers), which is totaled per row in Column I. At the bottom of Column I is a grand total. Even though arrived at using different sets of numbers, -both grand totals - in columns E and I must match. Sometimes they don't match. Ouch. So here is m...

why crash in the second method of one interface
Hi, Using one class generated from *.tlb to call 2 methods of one COM. The strange thing is that I got one error of the "First-chance exception in : 0xC0000005: Access Violation" in the second method. I also use ASP web page to call both methods of this COM and both methods seems is OK. ITemplateManage mytemplate; if (!mytemplate.CreateDispatch("comobj.TemplateManage")) { IDE_Error::Report (ComError|1,"ComObj.TemplateManage in FUN_Template::Add()"); return false; } result = mytemplate.Check (templatefilename); decodeparameter=mytemplate.GetInfo (templ...

MSR Credit Card Reader adds all the information on one line
Is there a way to get the CC reader to properly seperate the the acct # from the expiration date? When I swipe I currently get everything on the acct # line. Thanks in advance! What type of CC reader(MSR) to you have? Typically this is an issue with simply configuring the MSR. Rob "Steakum" wrote: > Is there a way to get the CC reader to properly seperate the the acct # from > the expiration date? When I swipe I currently get everything on the acct # > line. > > Thanks in advance! Its a IDTECH Minimag USB/Keyboard Interface Do I need to select the Wedge Key...

Duplicate Transactions, One When Pending, One When Posted
I'm sure this has been addressed, but I couldn't seem to find an answer searching: My problem is, a transaction occurs at my bank, and MM2K7 downloads the data for it. Once that transaction moves from "Pending" to "Posted" at my bank, the transaction data changes, so MM downloads it again. Sometimes I get a possible duplicate message from MM, sometimes I don't. What are people doing to handle this situation? Thank you. This is a problem with your bank, not with Money. Eventually they should fix it. Call them. In the meantime VOID the pending transacti...

Meeting Request & Acceptance do not show in calendar...
At work we are using Outlook 2003, running on Exchange Server, and lately new meeting requests (as well as my subsequent acceptances) are not showing in the Outlook calendar. Any ideas as to a fix? Thanks, Paul ...

grid off on one page
Is it possible to turn the grid off of only one page? thanks On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:37:11 -0600, "greg" <iuouh@ghfhg.com> wrote: >Is it possible to turn the grid off of only one page? Not really as it is a document wide setting.... however, there is workaround open the page shapesheet menu window -> Show shapesheet and set XGridSpacing and YGridSpacing to a large value. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. SSADM for Visio http://www.saadm.sandrila.co.uk/ On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 16:47:53 +0000, Paul Herber <SubstituteMyFirstNameHere@pherber.com> wro...

Ranking Multiple Columns
Here is an example of a report I run every month, What I do is once I get the Data Listed Below, I add in the 1-5, 6-12, & the 13+ columns, Then I Sort the Data by RESPAR then by DAYS, then I manually Count the Days 1-5 to get a Count of Days between 0 & 5 days, then the same for 6-12 days & 13+ days. I do this by putting a 1 in the First record row with a 0 then hold down the Ctrl KEy and dragging till I reach a day of 6, then start that column over, going to 13. I have about 2000 or more records every month. Is there a formula I can use that will do this for me, with out ...

One to One relationship
I have an Events entity that is an offshoot from the Contacts entity. Basically, it tracks what events each contact has been invited to, and is used mainly by the Events Coordinator. I've set it up as a One (Contact) to Many (Events) relationship. However, I really only want one event form for each contact form. The reason I've set up a different entity rather than just adding a tab is that access to this entity needs to be tightly controlled. Obviously, if many events forms are created for the one contact, it would be very difficult to tell which one is accurate etc. Is it possibl...

Next Date given one date
At this time, I cannot use VBA. Here is my objective: For a given treasury note security: Cell A1, Date 6/17/2004 - today's date Cell A2, Date 7/15/1997 - first coupon date I want to identify the "previous coupon date" and "next coupon date" from today's date based on the frequency of the "first coupon date". Logically speaking: * Security pays 2 times each year * Based on first coupon date, pay dates are: 1/15 & 7/15 * Given today is 6/17/04, the next pay date is 7/15/04. * Given today is 6/17/04, the previous pay date is 1/15/04. Can this be...

route inbound email from ip to one folder
Is there a way to route any incoming email from a certain IP address to a single folder? Our company is receiving emails from a source that we do not wish to receive, and would like these email to be directed to a singe folder rather than blocking them. Any ideas? Thanks. you could send them to the turf dir... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;245465 "daine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11d501c4263d$f4d05110$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to route any incoming email from a certain > IP address to a single ...

Problem Connecting to Database Engine
Hi, Situation: WinXP Office 2003 Multiple Users on this computer I am getting the message, "There was a problem connecting to the database engine. To try again, please click retry. If problem persists, check help." I checked help, and I added my name and the other person's name to the BCMUsers Group dialog. I "checked names" to ensure that the names were properly added and they were. But the problem still persists. Yesterday, I used a program called the "The Ultimate Troubleshooter" to stop some programs and services from running in the backgroun...

One client (Server 2k8-R2/HyperV) will not sync with DPM
We have been running DPM successfully for about a year now without any major problems. Recently we added a new server - a fairly robust PowerEdge that will be housing 4 HyperV VMs. For whatever reason, I can't get anything but the HyperV "Initial Store" to sync correctly. I thought initially it might be a problem with the HyperV machines, but it also fails to back up a small directory of files on the host drive. The oddest part about this is I really don't get an error. It will try an initial sync and run for a day or two and show very minimal data tr...

Cleaning up the databases 11-17-09
Hello, I'd like to be able to clear out task names from the database if somebody deletes a timesheet line that they have added manually. The reason for this is so they will not show up in the data analysis drop down boxes that allow you to put a check in the box to show a particular task or not. What is the best practice for handling this sort of maintenance, and are there any tools that can be used to check database integrity? BTW, here's my background info: Windows 2003 Server SP2 WSS 3.0 SP1 Project Server 2007 MSSQL Server 2005 Embedded "BudOlly" w...

FRx Forecaster database requirements
The tech docs for requirements show sql 2000 and sql 7.0 but no mention of sql 2005. Will FRx Forecaster function in a sql 2005 environment? Thanks MES, Go through this link that specifies the system requirements for Forecaster. SQL 2005 is supported. http://www.microsoft.com/forecaster/product/systemrequirements.mspx -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "MES" wrote: > The tech docs for requirements show sql 2000 and sql 7.0 but no mention of > sql 2005. Will FRx Forecaster function in a sql 2005 environment? Thanks Thank you. My client ...

mporting multiple text files into Excel with corresponding filenames
Dear members, I need to import 100+ text files into Excel. In addition I want Excel to show corresponding filename (where the data comes from) in each row. How do I accomplish this? TIA Hi Take a look at Ron de Bruin's site. He has lots of code examples to consolidate files. http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm -- Regards Roger Govier "avi" <avi38521@gmail.com> wrote in message news:9194d7dc-21bb-4fd9-8ecb-aa301a54f7d1@b2g2000yqi.googlegroups.com... > Dear members, > > I need to import 100+ text files into Excel. > > In addition ...

Exchange 5.5 - One Organization
Hello - I am having a problem that I would like some more information on. I have One Organization (5.5) and 16 Sites (5.5) and would like to know why I can't stop the other sites from sending mail through me. If I can, I would like to know how. Thanks for any help. what do you mean by "sending mail through me"? What mail? Internet email? Does each site have its own Internet Mail Service? Or is your site kind of the "hub" where all Internet email comes in and goes out? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "dave.mudgett" <davemudgett@discussions.microsoft....

See more than one tab at a time
I would like to be able to see more than one Tab at a time in Excel. Currently I'm able to see two Tabs from different worksheets, but not two or more tabs from the same worksheet On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 14:57:03 -0700, "rocky59" <rocky59@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to be able to see more than one Tab at a time in Excel. >Currently I'm able to see two Tabs from different worksheets, but not two or >more tabs from the same worksheet That would be because each tab represents a single worksheet. Clicking on the tab would move you from where ...

Why Would You Lose Sound On One User
WXP Pro Version 2002 Service Pack 3 with all current updates Dell Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80Ghz 2.79Ghz, 512 MB RAM System has three users all with admin rights - User 1(primary - me), User 2 (wife), and System Admin. (which I made visible on desktop). I (User 1) have lost sound when attempting to play CD's, and other audio files using WMP 11, however, I can still hear system sounds. User 2 and System Admin. still have full sound. System restore does not help ( in this case I only had a restore point from 5 days ago. Any thoughts? -- Skeeter "Old age and ...

Combining two fields into one in a query for a report
The database I am working on is to keep track of parts that are either in their storage area (on a shelf) or on an assembly line. I have two fields, one called Shelf and every part has a shelf assigned to it. The other field is Line and if a part in on an assembly line, there is a number indicating that line, if the part is on it's shelf, the word STOCK appears in the line field. (Has to be this way for the rest of the database to work, so this is not up for question) Now, I need to creat a report to show where all parts are. If they are on a line the result needs to show the l...

Tracing and tracking email on one mailbox
1. I want to use a current copy of the Exchange 2003 database and scrub it for all emails regarding one mailbox. Is there a tool that will assist me in this? 2. How do I tell Exchange 2003 to notify me of any emails transmitted to and from a particular address? And yes, this in conjunction with #1. I want to track one user's mail without using delegate or adding myself to their Active Directory profile and having to create another profile in Outlook. 1. Have a read through this: http://wm.quest.com/reg/marketing/landing/ediscoveryexchange/. This product is ideally suited for ...

transferring money from one computer to another
Folks, I just got this laptop which I really like, but unfortunately, I can't figure out how to get my MS Money program (not the files-- that's a no-brainer) to my new computer. I downloaded the program and did not get the CD for it. Is there a way to do it? Both of these computers are mine, so I should be able to, but I can't figure it out. Thanks! Govind... There are almost no apps that can be moved from one machine to another these day. Almost all require having the installation routines. This is why I always recommend against "download" installations. &qu...

One-to-one relationship
I am importing a DB from Filemaker with info about students (names, address, etc.). There is just one table and because it has been used for many years, it cannot be changed. I have created another table for additional student enrollment information. I have created a one-to-one relationship between the two tables using an autonumber primary key in the student table and a number primary key in the enrollment table. I have created two forms to add information to the tables. All new students are added via the old student form first. When I switch to the new student form, I can...

mstsc fails to connect on one of two laptops
I have to nearly identical HP laptops. Both are the same model, both are running Vista64 Home Premium. With mstsc, I can connect to my XP Pro SP3 system with no trouble at all. But on the other one, the connection fails with an illuminating "Cannot connect" message. No details as to why. I tried copying the Default.rdb file from the machine that can connect to the other one. That made no difference. I tried connecting as a different user, creating another .rdp file, but that didn't work either. Any ideas? Thanks, Jason In article <#UUSfR4wKHA.3564@TK2MS...

Pull publishers up and only one out of ten pages shows up. Why?
I am using Publisher 2003. I made a booklet and had 60 some odd pages on it, but when I pull it up now only 1 page shows. Why? and what have I done or can do to correct this problem? ...