Need to keep Report Printer from changing to Default

I have a report we are trying to always print to a specific network printer.
The Access 2007 page setup option allows me to select a radio button for
default printer or other printer and then specify the printer.  However, the
setting always returns to default printer even if I save the database and
report.  This causes margins etc to change back to the dafault printer
setting.  How can a preserve the printe selected?

Hi Jim,

If you don't mind using some coding you could take a look at this link:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb258178.aspx

I don't know why the regular chosen option keeps popping back to the default
settings. I can verify it though because i've tried and other users
experience the same issue.

hth
--
Maurice Ausum

"Jim S" wrote:

> I have a report we are trying to always print to a specific network printer.
> The Access 2007 page setup option allows me to select a radio button for
> default printer or other printer and then specify the printer.  However, the
> setting always returns to default printer even if I save the database and
> report.  This causes margins etc to change back to the dafault printer
> setting.  How can a preserve the printe selected?
Thanks, I used Allen's module in that thread and it worked great.

"Maurice" wrote:

> and as a follow up see the thread earlier in this group "select a specific
> printer" where Allen has a pointer to his website you could use..
>
> hth
> --
> Maurice Ausum
>

> "Jim S" wrote:
>
> > I have a report we are trying to always print to a specific network printer.
> > The Access 2007 page setup option allows me to select a radio button for
> > default printer or other printer and then specify the printer.  However, the
> > setting always returns to default printer even if I save the database and
> > report.  This causes margins etc to change back to the dafault printer
> > setting.  How can a preserve the printe selected?

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Print any file to a specific printer (silently)
Hi, I have a requirement where I have to print any given file to a specific printer. My application then consumes the output of this printer. I also need to do this without any user intervention and without any GUI. I have managed to get the printing done using Shell Execute, however, it always shows the associated application even though I have specified ProcessWindowStyle.Hidden as window style. My code snippets are given below: <CODE> Process objProcess = new Process(); objProcess.StartInfo.FileName = fileName; //file to print objProcess.StartInfo.WindowStyle = ...

Excel need help

Need Help Linking Sheets

Macro help needed........

daily report
can i create a report log for each day and make a macro button to allow users to purge into a wrkbook. Can the wrkbook be set up to take in each day log as a worksheet? How many days can i do? basically i want a journal of activity recorded on site and to have in here on spreadshhet. OR is it better to link it to another program such as word or access? any ideas as to which is effective for use. THANKS! The number of worksheets in a workbook is limited by your pc's memory. Have you thought of adding a time/date to your log and bringing the log into just one worksheet (limit of...

Need to test a mobo

How do I remove Outlook and keep the rest of Office in place???
I have Outlook and Outlook Express both on my computer but Outlook wants to take over for Outlook Express. I don't have a need for Outlook at all. Can I remove Outlook and keep the rest of office in tact and in place? reddman@windstream.net Yes, modify your Office installation to remove OL "Reddman" <Reddman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EAB9429D-B0D2-41C4-A0FC-737E3D0CD29F@microsoft.com... > I have Outlook and Outlook Express both on my computer but Outlook wants to > take over for Outlook Express. I don't have a need for Outlook at all. C...

Help needed

outlook(?) changes email address upon sending
I have had trouble sending email to persons who have "netscape" as their email address. Somewhere in the process of sending the message, the word "netscape" is changed to "netescape" and the message is returned to me. This happens constantely. Any ideas? A bug? ...

Need help on this....thanks

Change Font/Display Size???
Am running Money 2006 on Vista machine, where it was serving as backup for an XP machine. XP is having problems so have decided to make VIsta the primary. Is there any way to change the size of the display/fonts on the display to something larger? Too small for these tired eyes. I can change the desktop display size ,but then it screws up the display for every other program. Any help would be appreciated. TIA In microsoft.public.money, starrin wrote: >Am running Money 2006 on Vista machine, where it was serving as >backup for an XP machine. XP is having problems so have decided t...

I need Help

need help badly

Sort range changes during sort
After highlighting the columns and rows I want sorted, I select data and sort. At this point the sort range changes to include the entire row from A to IV of each row I selected. I've searched the options screen and help menu, but don't know why this is happening. Thanks in Advance. This is a complete guess--I couldn't duplicate what happened to you in xl2003. Do you have merged cells in that range? If yes, maybe that's the problem. coffedrinker2003 wrote: > > After highlighting the columns and rows I want sorted, I select data and > sort. At this point the so...

Need Help Despertly!

Plug in needed

How do I keep the active file open after saving copy, please?
I am using Excel 97 with OS WINNT. I have recorded a macro which copies the first sheet called "Daily from my source workbook to a new workbook, names this new workbook "PO Commencements (Today's date)".xls, and closes the new workbook. It i also closing the source workbook. I would like to keep the source workbook open after the copyin process. Alternatively, automatically reopen the source workbook a there is another step to be undertaken before I finish with the boo for the day. If I perform these steps manually, only the destinatio workbook closes and I can continue w...

Need to Hire Outlook 2003 Help

Outlook Client: Change the On Line Server address
Hi, Is it possible to change the address of the CRM server that the Outlook Client uses to syncronise? -- Thanks in advance Chris Hi Chris, You can make this change by editing the following registry key - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient\ServerUrl. The usual warning - please be careful while making registry edits! HTH, Niths "BoltonWolf" wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to change the address of the CRM server that the Outlook > Client uses to syncronise? > -- > Thanks in advance > Chris Thanks for that, I think that works ok. I'...

I really need help. Need a formula. Need it yesterday.
I'm new to Excel formulas, and I need one that is well beyond me at this stage, but probably a piece of cake for an Excel Wizard. I have a modest staffing schedule on Excel that shows several teams of employees with staffing requirements that may change every thirty minutes, as does the number of employees available in each team. I have the spreadsheet linked to another that provides the total, overall staffing requirement for each half hour, so that the total staffing requirement for each half-hour automatically loads to my staffing schedule. Likewise with the total number of emp...