Need to display blank fields

It would be really good to have 26 records display per page (or at least on
1 page) even if there are only 2 records.  In other words, today I have 2
checks but I need 24 blank records after to make up the entire deposit slip.
Someone mentioned a line method but I do not believe that would get me the
numbers 3. - 26. along side the blank records.  Any ideas?

0
Michael

"Michael" <michael@kisielrudnik.com> wrote

 > It would be really good to have 26 records
 > display per page (or at least on 1 page) even
 > if there are only 2 records.  In other words,
 > today I have 2 checks but I need 24 blank
 > records after to make up the entire deposit slip.
 > Someone mentioned a line method but I do
 > not believe that would get me the numbers
 > 3. - 26. along side the blank records.  Any ideas?

How about a separate 26-record table that you join to your table of actual
records, to force the lines? (You may have to "invent" a field to use for
joining, but that should be a solvable problem.)

 Larry Linson
 Microsoft Access MVP

0
Larry
7/23/2007 8:59:59 PM
I'm getting an overflow error from the following line of your code:

Me.CurrentY = intTopMargin + _
            (intLineNumber * intLineHeight)

What do you make of that?

"Duane Hookom" <duanehookom@NO_SPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
> You could add code to the On Page event of your report like:
> Private Sub Report_Page()
>    Dim intNumLines As Integer
>    Dim intLineNumber As Integer
>    Dim intTopMargin As Integer
>    Dim ctl As Control
>    Dim intLineHeight As Integer
>    Dim intLineLeft As Integer
>    Dim intLineWidth As Integer
>    intNumLines = 26
>    intLineLeft = 720 '1/2 inch from left margin
>    intLineWidth = 1440 * 5 '5 inches
>    intTopMargin = Me.Section(3).Height
>    intLineHeight = Me.Section(0).Height
>    Me.FontSize = 14
>    For intLineNumber = 0 To intNumLines - 1
>        Me.CurrentX = intLineLeft
>        Me.CurrentY = intTopMargin + _
>            (intLineNumber * intLineHeight)
>        Me.Print intLineNumber + 1
>        Me.Line (intLineLeft, intTopMargin + _
>            (intLineNumber * intLineHeight)) _
>            -Step(intLineWidth, 0)
>    Next
> End Sub
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "Michael" wrote:
>
>> It would be really good to have 26 records display per page (or at least
>> on
>> 1 page) even if there are only 2 records.  In other words, today I have 2
>> checks but I need 24 blank records after to make up the entire deposit
>> slip.
>> Someone mentioned a line method but I do not believe that would get me
>> the
>> numbers 3. - 26. along side the blank records.  Any ideas?

0
Michael
7/24/2007 1:46:39 PM
Will you explain further because you made me think of also trying to force
26 records in the query that I'm using.  Any way to do that?
"Larry Linson" <bouncer@localhost.not> wrote in message

> "Michael" <michael@kisielrudnik.com> wrote
>
> > It would be really good to have 26 records
> > display per page (or at least on 1 page) even
> > if there are only 2 records.  In other words,
> > today I have 2 checks but I need 24 blank
> > records after to make up the entire deposit slip.
> > Someone mentioned a line method but I do
> > not believe that would get me the numbers
> > 3. - 26. along side the blank records.  Any ideas?
>
> How about a separate 26-record table that you join to your table of actual
> records, to force the lines? (You may have to "invent" a field to use for
> joining, but that should be a solvable problem.)
>
> Larry Linson
> Microsoft Access MVP

0
Michael
7/24/2007 1:47:30 PM
I need to also clarify that it needs to be dynamic so that if no matter how
many records I have the blank rows plus the rows that aren't blank should
equal 26 (28 in the future but right now I only have room for 26 and the 2
extra records aren't a deal break anyways).
"Michael" <michael@kisielrudnik.com> wrote in message
> Will you explain further because you made me think of also trying to force
> 26 records in the query that I'm using.  Any way to do that?
> "Larry Linson" <bouncer@localhost.not> wrote in message
>>
>> "Michael" <michael@kisielrudnik.com> wrote
>>
>> > It would be really good to have 26 records
>> > display per page (or at least on 1 page) even
>> > if there are only 2 records.  In other words,
>> > today I have 2 checks but I need 24 blank
>> > records after to make up the entire deposit slip.
>> > Someone mentioned a line method but I do
>> > not believe that would get me the numbers
>> > 3. - 26. along side the blank records.  Any ideas?
>>
>> How about a separate 26-record table that you join to your table of
>> actual records, to force the lines? (You may have to "invent" a field to
>> use for joining, but that should be a solvable problem.)
>>
>> Larry Linson
>> Microsoft Access MVP

0
Michael

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Excel need help

Need Help Linking Sheets

Macro help needed........

Need to test a mobo

Opening blank sheet with set format
Hi, apologies for asking what's probably a common question... How can I change the blank Excel sheet default (the one you get if you click on the toolbar icon) so that it comes up with the font being Arial Narrow size 8 in every cell? Thanks in advance Daniel Create a new workbook. change the font setting to what you want. Save it as Book.xlt in your XLStart folder (as a template) Daniel Bonallack wrote: > > Hi, apologies for asking what's probably a common question... > > How can I change the blank Excel sheet default (the one you get if you click > on the toolb...

Help needed

Display Multiple User Forms
Is there a way to display two userforms simulataneously. I have an application with about 10 data entry forms. I want to creat a navigation form that would always be open that would allow the use to jump from one form to another. How can I do this? Thanks for any help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you have Excel2000 or later, just create modeless forms (ShowModal property = False) -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Ripan >" <<Ripan.103gp7@exce...

Jscript to hide fields #2
Hi We have created two custom entities named suppliers and business partners. We would prefer not to create account records and use the relationship type field so we created these custom entities. We now have on the Contact form three seperate fields that a contact could be related to. These fields are parent customer, parent supplier and parent business partner. A Contact should only be associated with one parent record. We would like to write Jscript which hides the remaining fields if one of the fields is populated. If a user associates a Contact with a parent customer then the pa...

Deleting blank lines between data lines
Hi Everyone! I have a worksheet with about 2,000 lines of data. The problem is tha every other line is blank. I cannot sort here because some information is carried over to the third line. 1 data 1a 2 blank --> 3 data 1b 4 blank --> 5 data 2 How can I eliminate just the blank lines and maintain the order that the data list is currently in? Thanks! : ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Phenom, One method that may help you. Say you had data in r...

Data Validation to exclude blank cells
Hi, Please help... I have a list spreadsheet with invoice details on it. SHEET 1 - Column A lists invoice numbers. Column B lists individual items on the invoice (i.e. parts sold). Further information in column C to F (invoice date, amounts, etc) On SHEET 2, I want to create a validation list which you can use to select invoice numbers. Once an invoice number is selected, vlookup will be used to pull through information in column C to F. I know how to use vlookup, and to create custom lists so there is no problem there. The problem I do have is column A has blanks in it (i...

Need help on this....thanks

need help badly

I need Help

Change Font/Display Size???
Am running Money 2006 on Vista machine, where it was serving as backup for an XP machine. XP is having problems so have decided to make VIsta the primary. Is there any way to change the size of the display/fonts on the display to something larger? Too small for these tired eyes. I can change the desktop display size ,but then it screws up the display for every other program. Any help would be appreciated. TIA In microsoft.public.money, starrin wrote: >Am running Money 2006 on Vista machine, where it was serving as >backup for an XP machine. XP is having problems so have decided t...

display fields based on a count
Hi all I have unbound fields on a form to capture dates entered by the user, the field [PlannedDays] holds the number of relevant days. The fields are named Date2, Date3.... to Date11. Is it possible to only display the correct amount of date fields based on the value in [PlannedDays]? eg if [PlannedDays]=3 then only date fields [Date2], [Date3] and Date4] should be visible for input on the form? I will then need to add these dates via code to a table called [ItineraryDates] field [ReviewDates] (one record per date). Thanks... Sue hi Sue, On 20.04.2010 11:56, Sue ...

Field with both first name and last name
I have a table where the field PRODUCTION_DESIGNER is composed of a persons first and last name with a single space between them, for example "David Henderson" is in the contents. Select this field and truncate this to the initials of the first and last name and place into another field leaving the original field untouched. The new field would have "DH" as its contents. Thank you Use the expression Left(Production_Designer,1) & Mid(Production_Designer,Instr(Production_Designer," ")+1,1) If you want to do this in an update query UPDATE [Your Table ...

Need Help Despertly!

Plug in needed

unable to display check/radio box with transparent background
I am not able to get check boxes/radio buttons to be displayed with a transparent background in my dialogs. The general technique for displaying controls with transparent backgrounds is described in more than a few postings (e.g. http://groups.google.ca/group/microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer/browse_thread/thread/e5d77d8f30350f3a/22ea8e331b6cd993?lnk=st&q=dialog+bitmap+static+text+background+transparent#22ea8e331b6cd993 ). The general technique in MFC is as follows: HBRUSH CInsDialog:nCtlColor(CDC* pDC, CWnd* pWnd, UINT nCtlColor) { pDC->SetBkMode(TRANSPARENT); retur...

Need to Hire Outlook 2003 Help