Multiple Queries...?

Hello all...  This question may be in the wrong place and sorry if so...
This delima throwing me for a loop and any help is appreciated.

Our clients make multiple payments for the same order.  They may make a
deposit with a Check then pay the balance with a Credit Card.

I am trying to make a section on the invoice that shows the date of each
payment and the last 3 digits of the card used or the check number.

I have a querie that finds all records in the "Payments" table with the same
"OrderID".  How can i make a section on the Invoice that will display ony the
payments for the current invoice?

I assume that I need to link the OrderID on the current report but i cannot
figure out how to display the information, especially when there is more than
one payment.

Thanks for the help...
-H-

>>I am trying to make a section on the invoice that shows the date of each
payment
I never heard of payments listed on invoice but we all learn something new.

Your invoive should currently have a subreport that list all the line items.
 that is how you list the payments also.

In the query for the invoice report add the query for the payment in this
manner within the SQL view --
SELECT tblInvoice.*, qryPayments.*
FROM tblInvoice LEFT JOIN qryPayments ON tblInvoice.OrderID =
qryPayments.OrderID

Build a little, test a little.

"SummitSeeker" wrote:

> Hello all...  This question may be in the wrong place and sorry if so...
> This delima throwing me for a loop and any help is appreciated.
>
> Our clients make multiple payments for the same order.  They may make a
> deposit with a Check then pay the balance with a Credit Card.
>
> I am trying to make a section on the invoice that shows the date of each
> payment and the last 3 digits of the card used or the check number.
>
> I have a querie that finds all records in the "Payments" table with the same
> "OrderID".  How can i make a section on the Invoice that will display ony the
> payments for the current invoice?
>
> I assume that I need to link the OrderID on the current report but i cannot
> figure out how to display the information, especially when there is more than
> one payment.
>
> Thanks for the help...
> -H-
Thanks for the reply Karll.. that got it...

Regarding the invoice with payments...  We take deposits to reserve material
for our clients and nail down a better lead time becasue the material has a
long lead time and it keepsus from having to keep a large inventory on hand
and the client knows when to expect delivery...  We post the deposit as a
payment, and then send the invoice back to the client with the remaining
balance...  a little strange but it works..  Thanks again...

-H-

"KARL DEWEY" wrote:

> >>I am trying to make a section on the invoice that shows the date of each
> payment
> I never heard of payments listed on invoice but we all learn something new.
>
> Your invoive should currently have a subreport that list all the line items.
>  that is how you list the payments also.
>
> In the query for the invoice report add the query for the payment in this
> manner within the SQL view --
> SELECT tblInvoice.*, qryPayments.*
> FROM tblInvoice LEFT JOIN qryPayments ON tblInvoice.OrderID =
> qryPayments.OrderID

> Build a little, test a little.
>

> "SummitSeeker" wrote:
>
> > Hello all...  This question may be in the wrong place and sorry if so...
> > This delima throwing me for a loop and any help is appreciated.
> >
> > Our clients make multiple payments for the same order.  They may make a
> > deposit with a Check then pay the balance with a Credit Card.
> >
> > I am trying to make a section on the invoice that shows the date of each
> > payment and the last 3 digits of the card used or the check number.
> >
> > I have a querie that finds all records in the "Payments" table with the same
> > "OrderID".  How can i make a section on the Invoice that will display ony the
> > payments for the current invoice?
> >
> > I assume that I need to link the OrderID on the current report but i cannot
> > figure out how to display the information, especially when there is more than
> > one payment.
> >
> > Thanks for the help...
> > -H-

Create a list with multiple criteria

Removing multiple hyperlinks

Charting multiple multiples

Date in the query is always short date
I want to capture the LONG date from a query, so I create a parameter for the date (mm ddd yy) . In its properties, it's format is long date, BUT it always shows up the short date. WHY? Dates are stored as decimal number counting days from 12/31/1899 midnight with time as the decimal fraction of a day. Formats are just different ways to display the information. So you got to set the format. In design view of the query click the field of the grid that has the datetime field, right click, scroll down and select Properties. Click 'Format' and then in the pull down...

DAP query question
I have a bunch of data access pages set up. Working showing the data for a particular data. I have new plans and need to have a date range choosen by a user on the page itself, then that data to be shown for the entered range. so the query would be a select query summing with the date criteria being between [startdate] and [enddate] problem is how do i either create a calendar control or two drop downs on the page itself that the user can change to view the nessisary data. Im assuming a command button will also be needed. is there a way to pass the values from controls on a dap to the que...

distributing data into multiple cells

Single click selects multiple cells

Need help building query
I'm not that familiar to Access and would appreciate some help building the following SQL query. I have two tables, and if two categories match within the tables, then I would like a third category entry updated to the first table. 1st Table: Working 2nd Table: Original Categories (columns) that should match between table 1 and 2: Pt Acct # Charge Cd If the entires for a line match, then update: Lawson # (take from Original table and enter into line for Working table) So, basically if the (Pt Acct #) AND (Charge Cd) in the (Original) table match the (Pt Acct #) AND (Charge Cd) in...

Sending to multiple addresses

multiple selection

Exchange 2000 Distribution Lists

Combine multiple tables into one

Multiple domains #6

Help Regarding an update query
Hi, iam trying to run an update query. the situation is as follows, i have linked excel sheets in my table. so i am using the update query to update all the records that i have them in my access tables. i tried this before many times and i was successful in doing that. But in some tables, it gave me an error message "Type mismatch in expression". i checked each and every field in my access table and in the excel sheets and they are all with the correct format. any help?? any ideas? On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 08:47:16 -0700, Samer <samoora44@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, iam trying to r...

Update Query in VBA
Hello, I am using Access 2003. I am trying to run an update query through VBA. My SQL is this: UPDATE CostSummarySheet SET CostSummarySheet.Active = Forms!fsubLOA!Active WHERE (((CostSummarySheet.Proj_Name)=[Forms]![frmCSSheetEdit]![Proj_Name])); and the code I am attempting to use is this: Dim db As DAO.Database Dim strSql As String strSql = "UPDATE CostSummarySheet SET [Active] = [Forms]![frmCSSheetEdit]![fsubLOA]![Active] WHERE [Proj_Name]= [Forms]![frmCSSheetEdit]![Proj_Name];" Set db = DBEngine(0)(0) db.Execute strSql, dbFailOnError ...

Finding Data in multiple worksheets
Using Excel 2000, how can I find data in multiple worksheets; example: any number between 200 & 299 in 32 worksheets? If you mean you want to find a single number across 32 worksheets, group your worksheets (click on the first, ctrl-click on subsequent (or even shift-click)). Then Edit|Find But I think I'd use Jan Karel Pieterse's FlexFind: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/ If you meant you wanted to find all 100 numbers (200-299) in all 32 sheets, then I think I'd have a macro search for each number and report the results on a new worksheet. "mark@southwestconst.com&quo...

show multiple values that add to total in bar graph
Is there a way to show multiple values in a single bar (in a bar graph) that add up to a total (example: 127, 129, 87, 85, 60, 126, 89 add up to 703)? I want a sigle bar that goes to 703 but breaks the single bar down into these segments (preferrably by color showing the smaller segment amounts within the color. HELP!!!! Thanks! Hi, Is that not what the stacked column chart does? Cheers Andy Green Goose 89 wrote: > Is there a way to show multiple values in a single bar (in a bar graph) that > add up to a total (example: 127, 129, 87, 85, 60, 126, 89 add up to 703)? I > want...

IIF / OR
I want the OnPrint of a report to check three fields and run code if any ONE of the conditions is met: Iif ([MyTextOne]=1 OR [MyTextTwo]=2 OR [MyTextThree]=3) Then RunSomeCode Else RunOtherCode I thought of using Select Case and calling procedures as each condition is met: Select Case Me![MyTextOne] Case is = 1 Call Check2 Case else Stop End Select Check2 () Select Case Me![MyTextTwo] Case is = 2 Call Check3 Case else Stop End select Check3 () and so on......... It will work, but gets a bit too long as the test conditions increase. It gets just as long with nested select case or nest...

Localization with multiple string tables
The application has two string tables one for English and the other for Japanese. The IDs and Values are the same but only the captions are different. It seems that CString::LoadString does not load from the correct string table when i choose japanese from my regional settings on the control panel instead it loads english all the time. Is there any settings or configuration that i missed? Need ur help gurus >The application has two string tables one for English and the other >for Japanese. The IDs and Values are the same but only the captions >are different. It seems that CString::L...

Multiple Query questions
I'm trying to query a database of beach rentals and need a query with more than 2 bedrooms, that rents for less than 1,000. When i put both criteria in, it only registers one of them. I also need to create a query for the highest and lowest weekly rate but when I select Min or Max or doesn't show me anything. Show us the SQL. Open the query in design view. Next go to View, SQL View and copy and past it here. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Jackie" wrote: > I'm trying...