MS Access and using the Average function in a report

Help pleaes.
i am trying to do a project where i need to make a report which is sweet but
where i am struggling is where they also want to find out an average on the
amount of days someone has stayed but only being new to the calculations
using MS Access i have no idea how they work in there only in Excel please
help me if you can
--
Life is but a Dream... Reality is the Real Nightmare

In any report or group (not page) header or footer, you can use a text box
with a control source like:
   =Avg(DateDiff("d",[StartDate], [EndDate])
If you can't figure this out, then come back with enough information
regarding your report record source and maybe some sample data and desired
display.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Marc Gander" wrote:

> Help pleaes.
> i am trying to do a project where i need to make a report which is sweet but
> where i am struggling is where they also want to find out an average on the
> amount of days someone has stayed but only being new to the calculations
> using MS Access i have no idea how they work in there only in Excel please
> help me if you can
> --
> Life is but a Dream... Reality is the Real Nightmare

Access & XML
Anyone know of a decent Training Site for using XML w/ Access? A Client is willing (pay the cost) to send me to XML Training. I would be using SQL Server & Cognos (perhaps Oracle) XML Tables into Access. Then automating Reports to Excel. TIA - Bob ...

MS Office 97 to MS Office 2007

Item usage report
Hello, I think it's very easy question; If we go to any item and click History we will sales for this item for monthes. Can I print this information? And may be there is a report for all items for sales by month? Thank you Vitali Go to Reports >Sales>analysis>SOP Inventory Sales Reports >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >I think it's very easy question; > >If we go to any item and click History we will sales for this item for >monthes. >Can I print this information? >And may be there is a report for all items for sales by month? > &g...

MS Outlook 2007

MS Exange connection

How do I do word count in MS Publisher?

How do i access microsoft excel on windows xp? #2
I recently purchased a pc that came with windows xp home. I thought the microsoft excel programme would come with it, but i can not find it anywhere. Does this mean i have to purchase it seperately? Yes; or as part of Microsoft Office. "ayanda" wrote: > I recently purchased a pc that came with windows xp home. I thought the > microsoft excel programme would come with it, but i can not find it anywhere. > Does this mean i have to purchase it seperately? ...

MS CRM Certification question

MS Money 2005 Basics

Problem with TransferSpreadsheet in Access 2007
I'm having a problem with the TransferSpreadsheet method in Access 2007. The TransferSpreadsheet method is exporting a query to Excel, and it has been working fine under Access 2002. Under 2007, however, Access seems to truncate up some of the query column names, with the result that Access doesn't recognize them and prompts me for values for those columns. The problem is reproducible, occurring on the same columns every time. If I open the query directly the column names are fine and it exports to Excel with no problems; it seems to happen only with the TransferSpreadsheet meth...

exchange 2003 email access
Can I setup exchange 2003 clients to login to it as apposed to being authenticated by the DOMAIN? I have two domains in diferrent locations but want to share one exchange and accessed by IP address as apposed to the computer name. Thanks, Raul Rego rrego@njpies.org Can you explain what you're trying to achieve a little more? Are you trying to get users from domain A to access an exchange server in domain B? "Raul Rego" wrote: > Can I setup exchange 2003 clients to login to it as apposed to being > authenticated by the DOMAIN? > > I have two domains in di...

MS Access

Access 2003 >> Access 2007 (Run-time error 2467)
Hi. I'm trying out how our access 2003 applications work in access 2007. Unfortunately, lots of forms refuse to open. Where the error occures is Form_Current event, which contains something like std = "SELECT ....." Me.Subform_Name![Field Name].RowSource = std The program reports an error: "Run-time error '2467': The expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't exist." Anyone has any ideas how to fix this? Technically, that shouldn't work in Access 2003 either, but it wasn't quite as sticky about the syntax. To refer t...

Using Outlook
I have AOL as my ISP....I use Outlook to read mail from several different websites (my own personal webpage, etc.) I have no trouble receiving my mail through outlook, but recently, I've experienced intermittent problems sending mail out through outlook. Does anyone else out there use outlook through aol? And I'm not talking about reading AOL email through outlook...... Your AOL connection is the most likely culprit - AOL doesn't "play nice with others". Have you contacted their tech support? Or considered getting another ISP? tom medeiros wrote: > I have A...

Helo command rejected: Access denied
Hi all, I got a problem when i try to send message, the error message as below : Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: testing Sent: 29/7/2004 11:55 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'support@xxx.COM' on 29/7/2004 11:56 The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=xxx (HK) Lt;l=xxxEX01-040729035523Z-29495 MSEXCH:IMS:xxx(HK) Ltd.:TDHK:xxxEX01 3554 (000B09B6) 554 <xxxex01.xxx.com>: Helo command rejected: Access denied ...

Restarting MS Money with a "correction" switch
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I currently use version 10 - 2002 Deluxe, and I need to startup MS Money = with a correction switch that I hope will correct some problems that I = have been having, but I can't seem to locate the post that talks about doing = this. Is it "msmoney.exe /s"? --=20 Russell (if replying, replace nospam with rpottharst) ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/html; c...

Using a formula in a sentence
Is this possible? If so, how do I do it? can u give an example? "krissy" wrote: > Is this possible? If so, how do I do it? Dear ______. I need cell a9 to enter the name after dear "Matt" wrote: > can u give an example? > > "krissy" wrote: > > > Is this possible? If so, how do I do it? Here's a shot at it... In F1 enter this partial sentence: The number in cell J1 is (enter a space after the word "is") In J1 enter 100 In A1 enter =F1&J1 Another shot at it is to do F1 and J1 as above ...

Starting MS Outlook on startup
How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. > All you need to do is move the Outlook program icon to the startup group in XP. >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. >Double click My Computer, go into the C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup Place an Outlook shortcut into this folder and it will automatically startup when...

Access 2003 Report won't attach to an email message.
I have placed the following code behind a command button. DoCmd.SendObject acReport, "rptPO_EmailViewOnly", "HTML(*.html)", Forms!frmMain!sfrmPOMultiTAB!frmPOHeaderViewer!SupplierEmailAddress, "", "", "Purchase Order", "", True, "" The problem is once the email message is generated the report attachment is not added to the message. To try and fix the problem, I installed Office 2003 SP3. After that, the attachment worked but is not able to be opened, I get an error message "The operation failed due to network or ...

Contract Administration should not use the history exchange rate
Contract Administration shouldn't use the historic exchange rate for renewal and revenue recognition. It should use the actual exchange rate. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/e...

Tractor Fed Labels in Access 2002 on Okidata ML591
I am trying to print Model Name, technical data, and serial number on one label for each unit we produce. We do about 200 per day. The Tools: Access 2002 and Okidata Microline 591. I create a table with the data, and one row for each label I want to print. The serial numbers are the only difference in each row. I created a Report in Access with the LABEL Wizard and defined all the parameters. I Load the label roll into the Okidata ML591 and begin to print. After 6 labels it skips 1.25 inches, throws off all the alignment onto the Custom Printed Label Stock and now I have to stop; reset t...

Questions about GP functionality
I'm a little new to GP but very familiar with SBF. A couple questions a customer has. 1. On the Additional Vendor Accounts (Purchases), when we have multiple accounts is there a way to set percentages so that it automatically splits up the amount on the payables transaction. We know about Fixed Allocation Accounts but the problem with that is you cannot edit the amount in each account at the time you enter the payables transaction. Any thoughts on this? -- Japheth Nolt Landis Computer www.landiscomputer.com PC Sales, Service & Helpdesk Certified Network Installation &a...