Merge a field data for all records in a table into one output

Hi Team,
I am desperately seeking help for a solution by which I would be able to
merge the data for all records of any one field in a table to appear in the
output of one specific selected record.

Example, I have 10 period records in a table with (Field D) that contains
data but not necessarily for all of the 10 periods. I would want to print the
output of any specific period record which generates the data of all the
fields for that record with exception of (Field D) which I want to output its
merged data that comprises the data of the selected period record plus all
the data of all the previous records. In other words, if I select to output
the record for period 7 then (Field D) is the only field that will contain
its own merged data from record No. 1 to record No. 7 and the data needs to
be merged in ascending order which is related to the sequence of the records.

Is there a way to achieve this? And if so, would it be possible to apply the
same to multiple Fields in the same table?  I thought about doing this by
applying a loop process but do not know how to capture the field data for
each record one at a time to collect into one output.

I hope I did not complicate the explanation. I know that there have been
some great and smart solutions provided through the Forum which advises on
merging data but I could not find one that is similar to my conditions.  I
would greatly appreciate anyone's help to solve this problem.

Cheers

You need to concatenate one field from a group of records.

Here are links (url) to three examples using VBA.

Duane Hookom
http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=16

Allen Browne
http://allenbrowne.com/func-concat.html

The Access Web
http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0004.htm

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

Zikar wrote:
> Hi Team,
> I am desperately seeking help for a solution by which I would be able to
> merge the data for all records of any one field in a table to appear in the
> output of one specific selected record.
>
> Example, I have 10 period records in a table with (Field D) that contains
> data but not necessarily for all of the 10 periods. I would want to print the
> output of any specific period record which generates the data of all the
> fields for that record with exception of (Field D) which I want to output its
> merged data that comprises the data of the selected period record plus all
> the data of all the previous records. In other words, if I select to output
> the record for period 7 then (Field D) is the only field that will contain
> its own merged data from record No. 1 to record No. 7 and the data needs to
> be merged in ascending order which is related to the sequence of the records.
>
> Is there a way to achieve this? And if so, would it be possible to apply the
> same to multiple Fields in the same table?  I thought about doing this by
> applying a loop process but do not know how to capture the field data for
> each record one at a time to collect into one output.
>
> I hope I did not complicate the explanation. I know that there have been
> some great and smart solutions provided through the Forum which advises on
> merging data but I could not find one that is similar to my conditions.  I
> would greatly appreciate anyone's help to solve this problem.
>
> Cheers
0
John
6/3/2010 12:31:56 PM
Hi John

I thank you very much for having provided me with the proper guidance. The
references you provided were very helpful and solved my problem completely.
Also thanks to all of those who provided the examples that helped me in
finding the proper solution.

Cheers

"John Spencer" wrote:

> You need to concatenate one field from a group of records.
>
> Here are links (url) to three examples using VBA.
>
> Duane Hookom
> http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=16
>
> Allen Browne
> http://allenbrowne.com/func-concat.html
>
> The Access Web
> http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0004.htm
>
> John Spencer
> Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
> The Hilltop Institute
> University of Maryland Baltimore County
>
> Zikar wrote:
> > Hi Team,
> > I am desperately seeking help for a solution by which I would be able to
> > merge the data for all records of any one field in a table to appear in the
> > output of one specific selected record.
> >
> > Example, I have 10 period records in a table with (Field D) that contains
> > data but not necessarily for all of the 10 periods. I would want to print the
> > output of any specific period record which generates the data of all the
> > fields for that record with exception of (Field D) which I want to output its
> > merged data that comprises the data of the selected period record plus all
> > the data of all the previous records. In other words, if I select to output
> > the record for period 7 then (Field D) is the only field that will contain
> > its own merged data from record No. 1 to record No. 7 and the data needs to
> > be merged in ascending order which is related to the sequence of the records.
> >
> > Is there a way to achieve this? And if so, would it be possible to apply the
> > same to multiple Fields in the same table?  I thought about doing this by
> > applying a loop process but do not know how to capture the field data for
> > each record one at a time to collect into one output.
> >
> > I hope I did not complicate the explanation. I know that there have been
> > some great and smart solutions provided through the Forum which advises on
> > merging data but I could not find one that is similar to my conditions.  I
> > would greatly appreciate anyone's help to solve this problem.
> >
> > Cheers
> .

merging
Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is a certificate) and then merge the desired information from a select querry in access? Hi Tina (sttpreston@clyde.k12.oh.us), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is || a certificate) and then merge the desired information from || a select querry in access? Yes, you can. Which version of Publisher and Windows are you using? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

Merge same transaction
I've had transactions that I've placed in my register with detailed info in the memo area only to have the same exact transaction download with no info and unrecognized as the same transaction. Traditionally I've copied and pasted the info into the downloaded transaction and then deleted my transaction. This is a real PAIN... Is there a way to tell Money that these two separate transactions are the SAME transaction and then have it merge them? It works exactly as intended when Money recognizes the transaction that's already in the register and then merges them beautiful...

How do I use 2 sets of data in a chart
both sets of data are in the same workbook, but on two different worksheets. Hi, Have read of Jon's page http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html Cheers Andy Skeety wrote: > both sets of data are in the same workbook, but on two different worksheets. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Merging 2 Companies into 1
Are there any guidelines or outline for what tables you need to look at to gather the various information you need in order to merge 2 companies together as well as issues to consider when undertaking such a project? It is a project and a half. I got approval from a major client yesterday to proceed with just this project. You literally need to look at all of them! I understand that MS Professional Services will do this project for you. In my case the client cannot be down and has too many 3rd party products for us to pass it off. When does your project need to be completed? -- Ri...

Importing data from Maximizer
Hi: What experience has anyone had with importing Maximizer data into MSCRM using either the Data Migration tool, Scribe, or a combination of both? Scribe don't handle this seamlessly, you apparently need to export to a .csv file first. Is this still quicker using this process with Scribe, than with the DMF? Many Thanks Cathy Allington Hi, We are also looking at migrating Maximizer into CRM. If you would not mind, could you please let me know if you find anything more on this. I would truly appreciate it. Shauna skoppang@shaw.ca "Cathy Allington" wrote: > Hi: > ...

creating an address data base #2
I would like to create a database of clients, and when i type ne invoices i would like to select them so the address etc will fill int the address block automaticly -- adspreadboroug ----------------------------------------------------------------------- adspreadborough's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1565 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27192 ...

Moving exchange from one server to another
I have moved all mailboxes and public folders from one server to another in the same site. I had deleted items retention set to 6 month on the first server so users could retrieve deleted items from their outlook client. Now since their mailboxes are moved to the new server and they try to recover deleted items, it comes up blank. How do I move the delete items from the old server to the new one? I don't want to have to overwrite the priv.edb on the new server since it is the most recent one now. I guess you should start practicing your disaster recovery skills as it seems to be not...

Can I apply input mask to a numeric field ?
There is a requirement to enter YYYY in a number field. I have assigned a Integer field for this purpose. I would like to know is it possible to apply input mask so that end user will enter only 4 digits only ? Thanks If you want exactly 4 digits, use: 0000 If you want up to 4 digits, use: 9999 -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:OFWMvmiEIHA.3848@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > There is a requirement to enter YYYY in a number field. > ...

Accessing two tables from a single mfc application
Hi, I need to know how to access two tables using a single mfc(vc++) application. I also need to know how to extract data from a table using an mfc application using a primary key in a table.It is very important that I get answers for these two questions as this is part of my final year college project and I have very little time to complete this. Please Help! Thanks, Satish. "Satish Chandrasekar" <yourdisplayname@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0D7EC0A-18C3-4375-B5A5-AFDB1AB2F577@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I need to know how to access two tab...

Word mail merge

Sharepoint 2007 lookup field showing up as memo in Access 2003
I tried posting this message once, and got an error, so forgive me if this is a duplicate... We've had an MS Access 2003 application for a few years that is linked to some sharepoint lists. Last year we upgraded to Sharepoint 2007, and the application continued to work fine. Just in the last couple of weeks, the application has stopped working. While debugging, I figured out that the field definition in MS Access 2003 for a sharepoint lookup field has changed. Prior to a couple of weeks ago, it used to show up in Access as described in this page: http://office.microsoft...

No chart display of zero data
I have a chart with month as X-axis (1-12) and a few series. All the values in the series are calculated. How can I avoid displaying values in the series if the values are 0? I know this can be done if the cells are empty, and I have tried to set in a value of a space if 0, but this is interpreted as 0 and displayed. Is there a way to set up the formulas to make the values in the cells beeing interpreted as empty cells? Any hints? Regards Terje Hi for charting purpose try returning NA() as a result of your fformula. e.g. =IF(your_formula=0,NA(),your_formula) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankf...

To Field Address
In outlook 2003, when you type a letter in the to (address field), there will be a list of address starting with the letter showing, and we can select the address from the list. However, some of the address is wrong or rarely used, does any one know how to delete it? Thanks! James James Wang <wangjen@charter.net> wrote: > In outlook 2003, when you type a letter in the to (address field), > there will be a list of address starting with the letter showing, and > we can select the address from the list. However, some of the address > is wrong or rarely used, does any on...

Adding records, duplicate found but can't delete it.
I have a simple DB, one table named "Students". The table has three fields: studentID (unique, no duplicates, primary key) firstName (obvious use) lastName (obvious use) I enter data and all seems to be well until I enter a duplicate studentID. Of course, Access (2003 & 2007) complains about the duplicate and prompts me to change the duplicate field. No problem. However, if I don't want to change the "bad" record but only want to "delete" it and work on some other records already in the table, Access will not let me do this. I must click on the tabl...

adding data from multiple spreadsheets into one chart
I need to put information from 4 different spreadsheets into one graph. Can someone please help me? Produce a graph from your first spreadsheet. Copy the relevant data range from the second spreadsheet, then select the graph and edit/ paste special/ new series or new data points. Similarly for the third and fourth sheets. If you have difficulties getting exactly what you want that way, you can use edit Source Data in the graph to add an extra series or to change the X or Y data range for an existing sreries. -- David Biddulph "Marjory" <Marjory@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

mail merge/merging 2 address lists...
Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different in each and some the same. Thank you. Robin Hi Robin (vicary@kconline.com.NOSPAM), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? || I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all || the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different || in each and some the same. No, you cannot. You nee...

merge and compare
We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. Is there any hope??? jimired wrote: > We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. > > Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need > to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. > > Is there any hope??? Hi have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/Zips/Compare.ZIP An add-in which compares two worksh...

assigning fields to different users (......not owner)
I can use advanced find option and assign particular records to another owner BUT Can i do the same with other fields? for example i have a field name 'primary consultant' and i want to select the records having the specific person primary consultant and then assigning primary consultant to someone else (in batch as i have thousands of records) Hi Aami, have you tried this with the workflow manager yet? Manual rule --> Check entity --> specific field with specific content --> update entity --> specific field with specific new content I hope this helps Andreas Don...

Why I get always two shortcuts for one "Create Shortcut" request?
I only request one desktop shortcut of a web page I like, yet I end up with two though only one of them works. The other one has only a General tab, without the Web Document tab and URL. I only noticed this recently. ...

Question about adding fields
Hello, Is it possible to use a new field which is made in the deployment manager, and then added to a form (In this case the quote form) to use this field in a word template? I've added the field to the form, but when I try to make a word document from this quotation I cannot find the field I added to the form. KR, Martijn Afraid that you cannot change the list of available fields in the Word Merge. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Martijn" <martijnmagic@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1151494779.013359.174090@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... Hello, Is it po...

problem of receive email from one domain, but others are fine
Hi, I meet some problem of exchange server, seems i could receive emails from all domains, except one. here is the SMTP log: 210.3.34.131, hk2k02.tommy.local, 2006-4-29, 0:52:04, SMTPSVC1, MAIL, 210.22.128.196, 0, 23, 307, 250, 0, EHLO, -, +hk2k02.tommy.local, 210.3.34.131, hk2k02.tommy.local, 2006-4-29, 0:52:04, SMTPSVC1, MAIL, 210.22.128.196, 0, 23, 307, 250, 0, EHLO, -, +hk2k02.tommy.local, 210.3.34.131, hk2k02.tommy.local, 2006-4-29, 0:52:04, SMTPSVC1, MAIL, 210.22.128.196, 0, 51, 53, 250, 0, MAIL, -, +FROM:<SRAGHAV@tommyhilfiger.com.hk>, 210.3.34.131, hk2k02.tommy.local, 2006...

Gather data from several workbooks.
Hello all, I know this is probably an easy fix, but I'm at a loss as to how to do it. I've copied the two Macro's in question at the bottom of this email. I have a number of (Source) spreadsheets/workbooks and they all have a tab called "today". I have a separate (Destination) spreadsheet/workbook with a macro (primarily written by Nikos Yannacopoulos from this newsgroup) called Process_All_Workbooks. That spreadsheet/workbook is called "Update". The Process_All_Workbooks Macro will call another macro and run it on all spreadsheets/workbooks in a folder ...

Merging worksheet into MS Word mail merge
I am merging a letter and an Excel worksheet. When I merge an Excel field that contains $ and commas separating the hundreds and thousands, the $ and the , do not show up in the merged letter. Any suggestions on how to solve this problem? -- Briggs Hi Instead of just referring to the cell e.g. A1 use =TEXT(A1,"[$$-409]#,##0.00") -- Regards Roger Govier "Briggs" <Briggs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F326201-A50F-45E5-9767-4C189ACA5529@microsoft.com... > I am merging a letter and an Excel worksheet. When I merge an Exc...

Autopopulate Multiple Fields in Table Using a Form
I have a form based on a table where I want to store data. The data to store comes from combo boxes based on various lookup tables. The wrinkle is that there is one lookup table that contains 2 fields of data (questionnum and question) I want stored in the table once the questionnum is selected. The question field is formatted as 'memo'. When I create the combo box the question field is not an option for selection. I add it manually to the properties after completing the criteria for the combo box. I have been struggling with the code used to autopopulate more than one field but...

How can I get bar codes w/ Excel & mail merge?
I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of money. Can you help? >-----Original Message----- >I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses >printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see >where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of >money. Can you help? >. > hi, I not entirely...