Making one field bold in a concatanated string

This issue is in MS Access 2003

I have a string with the last name and first name fields concatanated.  I
would like to bold the last name field only.  Is there anyway to do this?

The standard text box in Access 2003 and earlier cannot do that.

Stephen Lebans has a solution here:
    http://www.lebans.com/mixbold-plain.htm

"abnewallo" <abnewallo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This issue is in MS Access 2003
>
> I have a string with the last name and first name fields concatanated.  I
> would like to bold the last name field only.  Is there anyway to do this?

0
Allen
2/20/2008 7:25:46 AM
One possible solution is to make your text boxes invisible and use the Print
method of the report in the On Format event of the report section:

Assuming you have two hidden text boxes LastName and FirstName

Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)
    Me.CurrentY = Me.LastName.Top
    Me.CurrentX = Me.LastName.Left
    Me.FontBold = True
    Me.Print Me.LastName
    Me.FontBold = False
    Me.CurrentY = Me.LastName.Top
    'the 30 is used for spacing
    Me.CurrentX = Me.CurrentX + 30
    Me.Print Me.FirstName
End Sub
--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> The standard text box in Access 2003 and earlier cannot do that.
>
> Stephen Lebans has a solution here:
>     http://www.lebans.com/mixbold-plain.htm

> "abnewallo" <abnewallo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > This issue is in MS Access 2003
> >
> > I have a string with the last name and first name fields concatanated.  I
> > would like to bold the last name field only.  Is there anyway to do this?

Make Default

Tracking Inventory of One Item / Multiple Suppliers?
Hello. Trying to figure out if it's possible for RMS to report on / segragate inventory quantities if the same inventory item is from multiple suppliers (say 10 units of x from supplier a and 5 units of x from supplier b)...does RMS have this capability? Thanks in advance -- R. Mullen Clovis CA I suppose this could work for serialized items. "hitman" <hitman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB95016B-936B-46B4-AA19-A823FBE485F2@microsoft.com... > Hello. Trying to figure out if it's possible for RMS to report on / > segragate inventory quan...

making a transfer show up in the budget

Show buttons on one row grayed out
I am using OL 2003 and trying to customize it a bit. When I clicked the arrow at the end of the standard toolbar. I noticed the option to "Show buttons on one row". Unfortunately, I also noticed that it was grayed out, and unuseable. Both rows buttons could easily fit on one row. Could somebody tell me how to make use of the option to show them on one row? Thanks. Sorry, I was wanting it to put the standard toolbar and the advanced toolbar on the same row. I have now added most of the items of the advanced toolbar to the standard bar. That did the trick. "Bob S" ...

Reversing name values in a field
Hi, I have a field called CustomerName that has values that are last name, first name. So there is a value of Smith, John which is John Smith. I want to preserve the value in this field but create a new field called CustomerName1 that has John Smith in it. It would need to somehow reverse the values based on the comma delimeter and then get rid of the comma. Can someone help? Thanks, -- Chuck W LN = Left$(CustomerName, InStr(CustomerName, ",") - 1) FN = Right$(CustomerName, Len(CustomerName) - InStr(CustomerName, ",")) -Dorian "ChuckW" wrote:...

making tickets

Concatenate with Javascript if 3 fields are present
I have 3 fields in a form that I need to concatenate into a string to populate a new field called Test ID, the format ulfor test id should equal LNAME_DOB_TestDate. Patient Name (format is LNAME, FNAME) DOB TestDate There should always be a comma between the LNAME, FNAME field. I need to parse out the LName to the comma to create the string LNAME_DOB_TestDate. This should only happen when all 3 fields are present. Any help appreciated. Thanks. ...

One use unabel to access Outlook webmail
I have a costumer that are running small biss 2003 with exchange. all are abole to read there mail throw outlook webmail except for one. we have tried changing her password, she is inn all the same groups as the others and she has outlook web enaboled as the other users. Any suggestion? What happens when she attempts to logon? Are there corresponding entries in the event logs? Nue "hans jacobsen" <hansjacobsen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73BF4D97-67B6-4C45-9BE6-6D3DFB2AE7B6@microsoft.com... >I have a costumer that are running small biss 2003 with e...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

Blank To and From Fields
We are on Exchange 2003 and my folks are receiving e-mail messages where both TO and FROM fields are blank. Is there a way to block messages when both TO and FROM are Blank? This is what the header looks like.... X-Comment: Sending client does not conform to RFC822 minimum requirements X-Comment: Date has been added by Maillennium Received: from X.X.X.X (unknown[X.X.X.X](misconfigured sender)) Thanks! -- NC Beach Bum And they are SPAM, right? Exchange 2003 allows you to filter messages that have a Blank sender. If you want to do this, you must enable it in 2 places. First, under Glo...

Excel cut/paste prob: Adds one day and changes year to 2009
When I cut and paste a date into another worksheet, one day is added and the year is changed. For example, 2/5/05 will change to 2/6/09. I am using Office for Mac. How can I avoid this problem. It is compromising my reports and giving false information. The workbook you're copying from uses the WinXL default 1900 date system while your destination workbook is using the MacXL default 1904 date system. You can change the destination workbook system (Preferences/Calculation, uncheck the 1904 date system checkbox). Alternatively, you can enter 1462 in an empty cell. Copy the cell...

Can't open more than one Excel file.
I'm using Excel 2002, W2k with all recent patches. When I'm working on an Excel worksheet and I attempt to open another Excel file the first one is closed when the second one is opened. What do I do to retain the first one open? Eppie Are you sure the first one is closed or just taken off the Taskbar? If you go to Window(on the menu) do you see one or more files listed? You may just need to go to Tools>Options>View and check "windows in taskbar". Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 08:17:44 -0700, "Eppie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&...

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

Several Pivot Charts One Sheet of Data
Is there an easy way to create several pivot charts off of one database in the same document? Everytime I change one chart, the others change too. The pivot chart and pivot table are linked, so changing one changes the other. Copy your pivot table, and make a new chart based on the copy. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "michelerocks" <michelerocks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E92A0209-F5CB-4120-B255-5E867625D8A7@microsoft.com... > Is there an easy way to create severa...

Word Merge access hyperlink fields.
This is for Albert Kallal or anyone familiar with his Easy Word Merge file. I am a new user to access and have created my first database. I have downloaded and am using Albert Kallal's single word merge. I am having a problem now with hyperlink merge fields as they are displayed as an address and not a hyperlink . I would also like to know how I can merge more than 1 record to a single word document. I have based my form on a query with multiple tables, but when the form is merged only the first record in the query is displayed! Many Thanks. -- Lyndy ...

Is there a formula to find one phrase in a selection?
Hey again, Is there a formula I can use to figure out if there is one specific phrase in a selection? I'm updating the attendance prgram at the school that I work at. Every student has their own attendance sheet in Excel, and each sheet sort of looks like this: |Monday| Period 1:| A | (A=Absent; S=Seat time) Period 2:| S | Period 3:| A | So basically, if they have one or more "S"s, we can count them as being present for the day. I need the formula to find out if there is an "S" in that column, and if there is, I need it ...

Make Personal Calendar Read Only

watching a string in VC2005
Hi, I have an annoying problem when debugging a string content in VC2005 envirnoment: If I derive a class from CString, then when I debug an object of the derived class, I cannot see the content of the string directly (only after expanding the line of information) both in the "Watch" pane and the "Watch" tooltip. For example if I have the class: class CMyString : public CString { int a; bool b; }; so when debbuging an CMyString object, I see the data members values. (the string data I see only after expanding the watch line). Is there a way to see the content ...

My Recent Documents do not display after one day. What to do?
I have pinned the Recent Documents, and they still do not remain after I turn off my computer. what do I do? I assume from the term 'pinned' that this is Word 2007? Is this a personal computer or a networked company computer? If the former see http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm or http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541 with particular emphasis on the Word data key in the registry. If the latter, you need to speak with your company IT department as the recent file list is stored i...