Making height of box in report dependent of content

Hi all,

There are a few memo fields in my report, with variable amounts of possible
content. How can I make the height of the box dependent of the content inside
it?

I already tried to figure out the information on
http://www.mvps.org/access/reports/rpt0010.htm, but it was quite complicated.
Is there an easier way to solve my problem?

I hope someone is willing and able to help me; it would make me very happy.

Bye!
Sietske

-- Set the can grow property of the controls for the memo fields to YES
-- Set the can grow property of the section containing those controls to YES
-- Make sure that there are no other controls in the same horizontal space
as those controls

--
John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008

"Sietske" <Sietske@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> There are a few memo fields in my report, with variable amounts of
> possible
> content. How can I make the height of the box dependent of the content
> inside
> it?
>
> I already tried to figure out the information on
> http://www.mvps.org/access/reports/rpt0010.htm, but it was quite
> complicated.
> Is there an easier way to solve my problem?
>
> I hope someone is willing and able to help me; it would make me very
> happy.
>
> Bye!
> Sietske

0
John
1/15/2008 1:09:34 PM
I've found the answer: it was just a matter of changing the properties of the
fields "CanShrink" and "CanGrow" from "No" into "yes". Now it's working fine.

"Sietske" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> There are a few memo fields in my report, with variable amounts of possible
> content. How can I make the height of the box dependent of the content inside
> it?
>
> I already tried to figure out the information on
> http://www.mvps.org/access/reports/rpt0010.htm, but it was quite complicated.
> Is there an easier way to solve my problem?
>
> I hope someone is willing and able to help me; it would make me very happy.
>
> Bye!
> Sietske

Print reports offline ?
A customer is missing the print button in reports when going offline, any ideas how to fix this ? /Jack Hi Jack, The ability to view SSRS reports offline in CRM is handled by "Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2005" (essentially a "lite" ssrs viewer) - this is installed when you setup the Offline client. As far as I understand, this application does not include a print rendering engine. No idea why - this seems like a bit of a gap to me ... The best way to handle this? Get the users to export the report to PDF and print it from the PDF viewer if they nee...

Make Default

Exchange Reporting Tools
We have run into a problem with the Exchange Mailbox Management tool. We have not been able to get it to generate the reports needed. I have found some Exchange Admin tools and was wondering if anyone can recommend some admin tools for Exchange 2003. Also does anyone know how to get the Mailbox Manager to generate the reports? I have set it up to run at Midnight and selected it to run only the reports and setup that policy for it to follow. Do I need to do anything else? Thanks, Jeff Diaz Jeff <jdiaz@p1fs.com> ha scritto nel messaggio 2pVZe.104387$xl6.5002@tornado.tampabay...

2003 SP3
I read one posting that said the > or other such formats is what causes your drop down box text to not be shown. I can't remove these as we rely on all the data being in upper case for formality purposes. I read another article that said the following hotfix fixes some of the problems: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945674 I looked it up and it says: 945280 Combo box controls and list box controls display no value or incorrect values in Access 2003 after you install office 2003 Service Pack 3 I have not values visable, but they are there - does anyone know if this fix is the ...

Combo Box problem 02-15-10
Hi I have 3 tables and 3 associated forms in an 2007 access database. On each form is a combo box "Name Search" so that one can input 2 or 3 letters of a surname and get a drop down list of names matching the input. All three Combo Boxes were set up in an identical manner using the wizard. The Main Menu has three buttons where you choose which table (or dbase) you wish to query. I now have a situation where 2 of the 3 combo boxes will not accept input (i.e. do not work) If I copy the Row Source from the one combo box that always works to one of the other two...

Inventory Reports Sales Summary
Hello, I setup a new company and sold some items. The SOP line items are in the SOP30300 table. When I go to Inventory>Reports Sales Summary and view all items nothing shows. Shouldn't this report show the sales summary of the items as the title suggests? Thanks JPP ...

Printer Dialog Box style
Hi all, When I call print from a debug compiled application I get a printer dialog box that shows the printers as icons in a listview amd if I compile the same application on release mode I get a printer dialog box with printers in a combo box. Does anyone know how to get the same printer dialog box in release mode as that shown in the debug mode? >When I call print from a debug compiled application I get a printer >dialog box that shows the printers as icons in a listview amd if I >compile the same application on release mode I get a printer dialog box >with printers in a combo ...

Modify Message Box Cancel Button
Part of the code below brings up a message box letting the user know that they must press Add Incident button to save the incident. The problem I’m having is when the Cancel button is pressed it behaves the same way the OK button. The OK button works properly. I would like the Cancel to return user to the form so that information may be re-entered. How do I modify the code to make that possible? _____________________________________________________________________ Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If Me.NewRecord Then Dim strWhere As String Dim varResult As Vari...

making a transfer show up in the budget

making tickets

Problem with Money 2003 report
I am trying to make a report with Money 2003, I hae used this program for some time. I used Money 2002 prior to this. Up till now I have been ale to make a report by going to "Reports", "What I Have", "Account Balance History". Now I am getting a error message "There Has Been an Error Reading or Writing the File '.'" and a small window apperars "MSMONEY, with a yellow triangle and a !" When clicking the OK box or the Close X, nothing happens. I have to use the Windows Task Manager to close it out. Can someone help. I need to ma...

Can not "publish" in Excel Report Builder
I get an error message "You do not have security privileges to publish this report" whenever I try to Publish a report to a network drive. I can do this with the sa login but no others. How to assign security rights to allow users to publish their reports? Thanx for your help. I have tried everything I know. Brad Did you try going to the Security Task Setup window (Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> System >> Security Tasks) and setting security for other users? -- Charles Allen, MVP "Brad" wrote: > I get an error mes...

Combo Box Moves
I have 4 activeX control combo boxes on an Excel sheet (2 on the left and 2 in the middle) and if I print the sheet the 2 boxes thatbare in the middle move over to the left hand side. I have gone into the properties menu and they show as locked but it does not make any difference. Also when I print the sheet the 2 boxes on the left which were made the same size as the underlying cells print out smaller than the underlying cells. Can anyone help please? Hi John, See MSKB Article # 838910 (Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002) http://support.micr...

How to display project date on report
Hi-- I have a project that spans two days and I'm printing each day on its own page. I want to be able to display the actual day that the tasks occur on each page. I can't seem to find an appropriate field in the drop down box in the print options. Is it possible to do this? Many thanks. If you're printing a Gantt chart, zoom in to day by day. Under Tools, Options and the View tab, select a date format that includes the day of the week. -- Rod Gill Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http:/...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

Reports and 9.0 sp3
I installed 9.0 SP3 and 2007 year-end tax update last week and my users are reporting some differences in some payroll reports. Here is one... Precheck Report Transactions->Payroll->Calculate Checks There is more detail (and a larger number of pages) showing on the "Calculate Checks Report" (aka "Precheck Report"). Instead of a two-line summary of REGPAY and OT, there is a multi-line detail showing what looks like each day's totals. Did the "9.0 SP3 and 2007 year-end tax update" modify the precheck report in any way and is there a way to go back ...

Make Personal Calendar Read Only

A broken link in the Outbox or Sent Items box...

Paycheck showing up on budget report
When allocating a paycheck to verious pre-tax, post-tax, etc. categories my net deposit does not show up on the monthly budget report. I have checked and the category is correct but does not show on the budget report. It does however show on the monthly income/expense report. Why and how do I correct this? In general, you don't--if you really want to track the gross paycheck--which there are many reasons to do. That's because there is nothing assigned to the "net" category since the net is just what you assigned to "gross" less all of the other things you...