Mailing Labels-Two Line Fields

I have a mailing label report with four fields, the first being Name. If the
person's or family's name is too long, it truncates. How do I get it to
finish on the line below, pushing the other fields down. I have all fields
set to grow and shrink. Access 2002, WinXP. Thanks.

Usually, you would set the section properties to allow growing but since this
is for a label report, I doubt you want this. If the text box needs to grow,
is there room to push the other text boxes down or do the fill already to the
bottom of the section?
--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Alan" wrote:

> I have a mailing label report with four fields, the first being Name. If the
> person's or family's name is too long, it truncates. How do I get it to
> finish on the line below, pushing the other fields down. I have all fields
> set to grow and shrink. Access 2002, WinXP. Thanks.
Duane,

There is room. We have other identical layouts that allow the first field to
wrap, but I can't figure out what properties are different. I'm probably
missing something very obvious.

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> Usually, you would set the section properties to allow growing but since this
> is for a label report, I doubt you want this. If the text box needs to grow,
> is there room to push the other text boxes down or do the fill already to the
> bottom of the section?
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "Alan" wrote:
>
> > I have a mailing label report with four fields, the first being Name. If the
> > person's or family's name is too long, it truncates. How do I get it to
> > finish on the line below, pushing the other fields down. I have all fields
> > set to grow and shrink. Access 2002, WinXP. Thanks.
Are there any vertical overlaps of text boxes or other controls?
--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Alan" wrote:

> Duane,
>
> There is room. We have other identical layouts that allow the first field to
> wrap, but I can't figure out what properties are different. I'm probably
> missing something very obvious.
>
> "Duane Hookom" wrote:
>
> > Usually, you would set the section properties to allow growing but since this
> > is for a label report, I doubt you want this. If the text box needs to grow,
> > is there room to push the other text boxes down or do the fill already to the
> > bottom of the section?
> > --
> > Duane Hookom
> > Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "Alan" wrote:
> >
> > > I have a mailing label report with four fields, the first being Name. If the
> > > person's or family's name is too long, it truncates. How do I get it to
> > > finish on the line below, pushing the other fields down. I have all fields
> > > set to grow and shrink. Access 2002, WinXP. Thanks.
Hmmm . . . Good question. Unfortunately, I can't check that out at the
moment. We'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Thanks a lot, Duane.

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> Are there any vertical overlaps of text boxes or other controls?
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "Alan" wrote:
>
> > Duane,
> >
> > There is room. We have other identical layouts that allow the first field to
> > wrap, but I can't figure out what properties are different. I'm probably
> > missing something very obvious.
> >
> > "Duane Hookom" wrote:
> >
> > > Usually, you would set the section properties to allow growing but since this
> > > is for a label report, I doubt you want this. If the text box needs to grow,
> > > is there room to push the other text boxes down or do the fill already to the
> > > bottom of the section?
> > > --
> > > Duane Hookom
> > > Microsoft Access MVP

Hi Duane,

No, there are no overlaps. There are four text fields atop one another.

Alan

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> Are there any vertical overlaps of text boxes or other controls?
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "Alan" wrote:
>
> > Duane,
> >
> > There is room. We have other identical layouts that allow the first field to
> > wrap, but I can't figure out what properties are different. I'm probably
> > missing something very obvious.
> >
> > "Duane Hookom" wrote:
> >
> > > Usually, you would set the section properties to allow growing but since this
> > > is for a label report, I doubt you want this. If the text box needs to grow,
> > > is there room to push the other text boxes down or do the fill already to the
> > > bottom of the section?
> > > --
> > > Duane Hookom
> > > Microsoft Access MVP

I would select all 4 text boxes and then Format->Vertical Spacing->Decrease.
Check the Can Grow to make sure it says "Yes". Make sure there is room
beneath the lowest text box.
--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Alan" wrote:

> Hi Duane,
>
> No, there are no overlaps. There are four text fields atop one another.
>
> Alan
>
> "Duane Hookom" wrote:
>
> > Are there any vertical overlaps of text boxes or other controls?
> > --
> > Duane Hookom
> > Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "Alan" wrote:
> >
> > > Duane,
> > >
> > > There is room. We have other identical layouts that allow the first field to
> > > wrap, but I can't figure out what properties are different. I'm probably
> > > missing something very obvious.

Tried it a couple times - no difference.

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> I would select all 4 text boxes and then Format->Vertical Spacing->Decrease.
> Check the Can Grow to make sure it says "Yes". Make sure there is room
> beneath the lowest text box.
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "Alan" wrote:
>
> > Hi Duane,
> >
> > No, there are no overlaps. There are four text fields atop one another.
> >
> > Alan
> >
> > "Duane Hookom" wrote:
> >
> > > Are there any vertical overlaps of text boxes or other controls?
> > > --
> > > Duane Hookom
> > > Microsoft Access MVP

Duane,

I found the same report in another db, and the format for the fields was not
set to ">" for all uppercase. That report was fine. When I changed the format
of the working labels to ">", they wouldn't wrap. So, for some reason, the
">" format is hindering the wrap. Interesting, no?

Alan

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> I would select all 4 text boxes and then Format->Vertical Spacing->Decrease.
> Check the Can Grow to make sure it says "Yes". Make sure there is room
> beneath the lowest text box.
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "Alan" wrote:
>
> > Hi Duane,
> >
> > No, there are no overlaps. There are four text fields atop one another.
> >
> > Alan
> >
> > "Duane Hookom" wrote:
> >
> > > Are there any vertical overlaps of text boxes or other controls?
> > > --
> > > Duane Hookom
> > > Microsoft Access MVP

"interesting?" yes. It's good to know.
--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Alan" wrote:

> Duane,
>
> I found the same report in another db, and the format for the fields was not
> set to ">" for all uppercase. That report was fine. When I changed the format
> of the working labels to ">", they wouldn't wrap. So, for some reason, the
> ">" format is hindering the wrap. Interesting, no?
>
> Alan
>
> "Duane Hookom" wrote:
>
> > I would select all 4 text boxes and then Format->Vertical Spacing->Decrease.
> > Check the Can Grow to make sure it says "Yes". Make sure there is room
> > beneath the lowest text box.
> > --
> > Duane Hookom
> > Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "Alan" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Duane,
> > >
> > > No, there are no overlaps. There are four text fields atop one another.
> > >
> > > Alan

customizing the "compose mail window"
Hi I would like to have my "compose email window" in the "view -> print layout". All other options I can configure including the different buttons etc, using the "customize" option. I would like to read and compose all my email in "print layout mode". I use Outlook 2003. any help is appriciated. Sriram Are you using Word as the editor? What happens if you set Wordmail to use the print layout, then use the Format->Font to set it as the default? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact....

Advanced compare of two worksheets
Hi - Using Excel 2007: I'd like to do this with VBA as doing it with VLOOKUP( ) would be quite tedious and slow: I have two worksheets ("May" and "June") with identical layouts, consisting of 575 columns of data (all formatted as text.) The first column on both sheets is a unique identifier. What I would like to do is this: 1. For all rows on "June" that are not on "May" (based on the unique identifier), I want those entire rows on "June" copied to a new tab in the workbook called "New". 2. For all unique id...

E-Mail Signatures #2
I have created a graphic of a business card that I am using as a signature in Outlook 2002. I would like to select words in that graphic and link it to our website. So that if a person mouses over the words and clicks, they will be taken to our web site. Is this possible to do and if so how? ...

Printer Prints 1/2 of line on one page and 1/2 on the next
When printing a multi-page report with Access 2000, sometimes the page will end with the upper part of a line printed on the page and the bottom part of the line printed on the next page. This is from a subform that has the property of "Keep Together". This happens in print preview, on a lazer printer, and on a deskjet printer. Any suggestions? -- JB Go to the section that is running over. Go to design view, click properties. Set forcenewpage to after section. "John B" wrote: > When printing a multi-page report with Access 2000, sometimes the page will > ...

Internet e-mail to a public folder
I've setup a public folder with an SMTP address associated to it. I've also set "anonymous" permissions to the public folder to "contributor." Everyone in the corporate address list can send to this folder but Internet addresses can't. What am I missing? Our WebFOCUS server uses SMTP addresses to send reports and I'd like to have it populate this public folder. Thanks! That is all you need to do to allow email into a Public folder. Are you getting an error when sending to the folder? Could you please post the details of how mail is being sent fr...

How to filter field button items in pivot tables
I am making a spreadsheet that displays test times for various software tests across several sw builds. It looks like this: Build A runs tests 1-100 Build B runs tests 101-200 Build C runs tests 201-300 Build D runs tests 301-400 All of the data is in my data worksheet. I build the pivot, then go to the filter button for build and select A, C, B. Then I go to the filter button for test # and I see 1-400. Is there some way to actively filter the options for test # so that I do not see 201-300 when I don't select C? The solution would have to be active in that when a person makes a ...

No Mail Is Going Into JunkMail Folder
I recently did a new install including Office SP2. No mail is going into the Junkmail folder and this is getting out of hand again. What can be going on here? I have tried setting Low to High and still nothing. Need some real insight on this problem... -- <%= Clinton Gallagher NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com URL http://www.metromilwaukee.com/clintongallagher/ clintonG <csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXTmetromilwaukee.com> wrote: > I recently did a new install including Office SP2. No mail is going > into the Junkmail folder and this is getting out of hand...

i can't send mail
hi sir i am facing problem in sending mails . please help me i am waiting your response. Regards Anup sharma "Anup Sharma" <anup22sharma@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23Tk9RHyNLHA.3732@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > hi sir > i am facing problem in sending mails . please help me i am waiting your > response. > > Regards > Anup sharma How to set up gmail in Windows Mail. http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86383 Ensure that you enable your account at the gmail site. If you still have problems then copy and paste ...

Mail Merge Outlook 2000 in Word 2000
I posted this on 10th but cannot find it (tried Find facility also) so am trying again. Apologies if I'm the only one who has not seen it. One of my Outlook categories is "Christmas Cards". I mail merge the contacts in that category to Word in the following way: Mailing Name Company Mailing Address Because I do not want the address to start at the very left hand side of the label, I place these nearer to the middle at the set-up section. When the contacts are merged, only the name, company and first line of the mailing address are where I want them to be. The remainder o...

Editing a field
When entering data for a "Contact" and typing the Full name, the field "File as:" defaults to a sort presentation of: first name, last name. . . I would like the field "File as;" to present Last Name, First name. How do I make this change? You did not indicate your version of Outlook. In my version, 2002, it's Tools---Options---Contact Options The current setting you described is not an option, but the one you want is. Ray at work "WDS" <aerozona1@cox.net> wrote in message news:02a101c36c15$10e2fc10$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When e...

Excel graph 3 sets of data. 2 sets as lines 1 as column?
I have data a bit like below, I am trying to do a graph, which shows the AFR as columns for A-D, but I want 'water' and 'whole' as seperate lines to show current scores across the graph. When I do the graph, I get two columns and 1 line. Does anyone know how to get to get the two lines? A B C D AFR 0.8 0.6 0.4 0.3 Water 0.5 0.5 0.5 0.5 Whole 0.3 0.3 0.3 0.3 Hi AndyN, On the chart, select the second column, right-click, select Chart Type from the context menu, select line chart. Ed Ferrero www.edferrero.com Ed Thanks for that worked a treat, I'll remember that ...

In Reports allow to highlight all fields to be removed
When printing reports allow to clear all of the restrictions at once. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=d29ba516-85f2-4be4-a34a-7b451ea63db3&dg=microsoft.p...

Calculated field to group numbers
I have a dataset that includes a field called Pymnt Days...data in the field represents the number of days that transpire between date of service and payment date. I would like to create a new field -- Pymnt Group -- that groups values in the Pymnt Days field. For instance, if the value in Pymnt Days is between 0 and 45, then the value in Pymnt Group would be 1; if the value in Pymnt Days is between 46 and 90, the value in Pymnt Group would be 2; etc., etc. Is there a formula I might create in an update query that would calculate the value for Pymnt Group? Thanks for any...

When deleting an e-mail, how do I make Outlook open the next e-mai
I recently upgraded from Office XP to Office 2003. I noticed that on the older version, when I opened an email, and deleted it, the next mail in line would open automatically. On this version, when I delete it, the window closes and sends me back to the list of mail without opening the next. Is there a way to set it up so that when I delete the mail the window doesn't close and instead opens the next in line? Thanks, Tools.. Options.. Email Options.. message handling "After moving or deleting an open item:" Change pull down to "open the next item". Tools | Op...

setting default line spacing (single space) for envelopes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.2 (Jaguar) Processor: Power PC We can't seem to find a way to set the default spacing to single space for envelopes. We can reset it EVERY TIME...but we're doing a large mailing and it's absolutely driving us nuts! We've already been to format/style/envelope address/normal/add to template....and reset from the 10 to 0 on "after" for paragraph and APPLY it And it will do it one time...but won't default to that. Any help....???? Check in the Modify> Style dialog that Envelope Address isn't checked for Automatica...

Printing a Summary sheet with only those lines with data
We maintain a Proposal Master in Excel. We would like to print a Summary page which would include major categories, i.e. Software, Hardware, Interfaces, 3rd Party Software, and those lines under the major categories where the quantity is NOT 0. Obviously, we have to keep all the lines in the Proposal Master because some things are used by some clients and some by others. When the quantity is changed to 1, or from 0, we would like to print all those details by sub-category in a Summary Page. Is there any easy way to do this??? Thanks for your help!!! ...

saving outlook e-mail to server
Within our company, we have had several people automaticly save a backup of the last 5 days of their e-mail on our server with outlook. The only catch is that outlook later thinks that it hasn't recieved those e-mails and downloads the e-mails again all at once thus having 2 of every e- mail. Any thoughts? - thanks - ...

Updating Data from two different worksheets
I have two worksheets, General Ledger and Out Ledger. The general ledge lists our inventory according to a LOT ID and the total number of item in that lot; i.e. column A: Lot ID, column B: Total Number of Pieces column C: Balance The Out Ledger lists the number of items sold from a particular lot i.e. column A: Lot ID, column B: Number Sold I want to be able to calculate the Balance in the General Ledger give the Number Sold in the Out Ledger. I am having difficulty in makin sure the Lot ID's match up and that the proper cells are referenced. Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appr...

Need To Lookup Value Based on Two Criteria
Hi, I need a formula to return a value from a row in a different worksheet within the same workbook. The row must meet a combination of two different criteria. I previously used vlookup based on the REF column (see example below) to return the value in the Total column for that row, but now I am finding that the values in the REF column are starting to repeat. Here is an example: Sheet1 Date Name Ref Total 08/15/03 XYZ 325 100 08/15/03 def 276 220 02/12/04 abc 396 250 07/02/04 def 325 275 Date column is formatted as dat...

Install Office:mac 2004 Professional on two laptops?
I just purchased a new copy of Office mac 2004 Professional and wish to install it on both of my laptops. The larger laptop, a 17" Powerbook never leaves my home and serves as my desktop computer. The smaller Macbook always travels with me. Is this installation on both of my laptops permitted? Or will the second installation be denied at registration, or worse, sometime later when I am away from home and trying to use the second computer? I have been told by a friend that two installations are allowed if only one of them is a laptop. Tom Hello Tom, My end-user licence agreement says ...

Printing labels with Dymo printer
Hi, I have designed a barcode label with all the relevant info on it. My only problem is that when I go to print the label(s) I go through the motions until I get to the print preview screen. The print preview looks totally out of scale and I need to click on Change Page Properties to correct the image on screen. The label then prints perfectly after this. I cannot set the label type for the DYMO printer in RMS ( the DYMO printer driver I guess) as it continually reverts back to its default label size. Does anyone have possible pointers to the solution for this? It would make queing up...

How to prevent trend line info in legend?
For an XY (scatter) chart, if I add a trend line then the trend line information is automatically added to the legend. Is there any way to prevent this? Excel 2003 Thanks, Don Culp Hi, To the best of my knowledge you can prevent it from being added, but you can remove it once it has been added. Click the Legend once, then click the Trendline entry in the legend once and press Delete. I suppose you could code the removal of the trend line to make it automatic, but that seem like overkill to me. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Don Culp" wrote: > For an XY (scatter) ...

Publisher e-newsletter mail merge?
1) I have built my e-newsletter in publisher 2003 (html format). 2) I have an excel database containing approx 1500 emails and corresponding names. 3) I have the MS Office Small Business Edition 2003 + MS Works 8 + MS Business Contact Manager installed. What is the best way to send my e-newsletter to my database of 1500 people? I do not want the list of all the recipients to display in the emails...so appear as though it was sent only to one recipient. Secondly I would like to minimize my email being caught in spam filters. Do I have any options? Probably 90% of your recipients will h...

Outlook addon to make mail rules/filters?!!?!?
Hi! At first I KNOW THAT OUTLOOK INCLUDE RULE/FILTERS!!!!!! but when you store your mails on a Microsoft Exchange Server the rules are limited (32 K per user ..... 64 rulez). For this reason I need an extra tool to filter my mails local on my machine and put the mails in some folders after the mails arrived into the inbox folder. Exist a tool like this? OR: Although the limit of 32 K exist I can still create rules on my machine....only the 64 rulez are updated on the Exchange server....for this reason it would be cool to have a script or tool that run automaticly all my rules on the Inbo...

Mail Merge and Postcards
I have designed a postcard with the layout of four to a page. I want to do a mail merge. I want each postcard on the page to have a different address on it. What I am getting is one address for all four postcards. Is there a way to have a different address for each postcard instead of one address for each page (four postcards per page)? Thank you for your help. Todd ...