line column Pivot Charts

Access 2003 does not support combined Line/Column Charts, but Excel does. Has
the capability been added to Access 2007?

Access does support a series displayed as a bars and another series as line.

--
Duane Hookom
MS Access MVP

> Access 2003 does not support combined Line/Column Charts, but Excel does.
> Has
> the capability been added to Access 2007?

0
Duane

2 pivot tables on one tab
Is it possible to put 2 Pivot tables on the same tab in my workbook? Or does anyone have any ideas on what would be the best way to chart Capital Pircahses? I have 5 coums and 4 rows. The rows are per division, and the columns are for the disposal amount, gain or loss, book value, depreciation & purchase price. I already have one pivot table in my report. Would this be too repeatative? Thanks You can put multiple pivot tables onto a worksheet. If the second one is based on the same data, select and copy the first, select a cell some distance away, and paste it. Each pivot table...

Converting Excel table with multi-line cells into Access DB
Hello ~ I need to export a MSWord table to an Access table. The original Word table contains multiple lines of text in each cell, separated with carriage-return(line return). .. I would like to retain these multiple lines within in each destination field in Access or Excel I have the following structure in my Word table: Column1: PhotoID (alphanumeric,single line) Column2: Image of the photos(jpeg/bmp) Column3: Description(text, multiline) Column4: Code#(alphanumeric, single line) Column5: Notes(text, multiline) In short, how do you tranfer those multi-line cells(with carriage-return...

Line Spacing and Line Justification
I am a Publisher novice. On a blank page I pasted a PowerPoint Presentation slide. Below the slide I drew a line and copied that same line multiple times. How do I make the spacing between theses lines of equal ditance? How do I align these lines so that they are basically at the same starting point on the left side of the page? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Regards, Mercury The best way would be to create guidelines. Select your created line, while holding the ctrl, (the cursor will turn into a + sign) pull the copy to the next guideline. If you go the copy route, ...

Skipping a line by condition
Thanks for reading this. I have a report that is grouped by [positiontitle] in a two column report. It prints out ok. The thing is what I want it to do is when a new [positiontitle] comes up I want it to skip a line in the report. For example: Worker George Fred Non Worker Bill Tom The way it comes up now is: Worker George Tom Non Worker Bill Tom The [positiontitle] is located in the header of the report. Thanks for your help. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/2...

Step Line Charts
Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vertical. Hi Carrie, You Will need some form of extra data to get excel to create a step chart. Take a look at these methods. (http://www.andypope.info/charts/stepchart.htm) Carrie wrote: > Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vert...

Limit pivot functionality
Hi all, I am trying to achieve the following but am not sure if this is possible: 1) Retain pivot functionality without allowing users to access the underlying data 2) Retain pivot functionality without enabling users to amend the pivot table so that it is effectively just a list of the underlying transactional data I can sort of achieve (1) by changing the 'Enable Show Details' property, but users can simply turn this back on. The option to re- enable show details can be disabled if the .PivotCache.EnableRefresh is set to false, but this means the pivot functionality is removed. I...

Chart presentation #2
I would like to format a chart acces by rounding million dollar numbers to something smaller, like $10,000,000 to $10,000. how do I accomplish this presentation. Hi - click on the axis with the right mouse - choose 'Format axis' - Format the numbers with a custom format such as $#,, -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "MJK" <MJK@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:7EBF2706-8898-440F-B268-197C4586D189@microsoft.com... > I would like to format a chart acces by rounding million dollar numbers to > something smaller, like $10,000,000 to $...

Line colors in a bargraph
ColorNum and m_Array are set before entry which works fine except for all bars are outlined in black which is not a major problem, but would like to eliminate. How do I draw the line in the code below a different color than the bars? Below is a snip from my BarChart() routine: CBrush BlackBrush(RGB(10,10,10)); CBrush CyanBrush(RGB(1,39,229)); CBrush MagentaBrush(RGB(176,4,174)); CBrush YellowBrush(RGB(187,176,3)); CBrush GrayBrush(RGB(230,230,230)); if (m_Array.GetSize()) { // ***** THE PROBLEM IS HERE WHERE I WOULD LIKE THE DRAWN LINE TO BE LIGHT GRAY ***** MemDC.Sele...

Extend Number of columns
Hi I use excel for annual schedulig but number of the columns are less than what I need. Is it possible to increase that? thk hme -- hme ------------------------------------------------------------------------ hme's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15930 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=536686 256 columns per sheet is all you get -- mudraker ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mudraker's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2473 Vi...

OWA - Hangs "Loading" Inbox
2 of our OWA servers have recently stopped functioning. The login appears ok and the interface starts to load, but the fonts are wrong (times new roman is shown) and the inbox doesn't load at all, showing "Loading..." I've searched the forums/web and can see many people had the same issue, but have found no fixes that work. "Error on Page" Line: 56 Char: 1 Error: Object expected. Any suggestions or help really will be gratefully received. Thanks I had this same issue except one of my owa boxes would work and the other one didn't. I don't have a KB ar...

Please help me .... (CListCtrl multi-line column)
Dear all, I use VC++ 6.0 MFC CListCtrl. And, some data displayed in the control contains multiple lines. By default, the control displays the multiple-line text in a single line. In the multiple-line text, it uses "\r\n" (CR-LF). How can I set the column of CListCtrl to display the column text in multiple line like the data cell in Excel? -- Kathy This is the nearest i can find. Hope it helps http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/controls/lists,treesandcombos/article.php/c2291/ "Kathy" wrote: > Dear all, > > I use VC++ 6.0 MFC CListCtrl. And, some data di...

Multiple Information in Columns
I have mutliple information in my columns for Access 2003. Here is an example of what I have Report # Worksheet Location Text 3055 A103 XYZ COmpnay 3055 A102 1231 Walnut St 3055 A104 Newark 3055 A105 NJ 3056 A103 ABC Company 3056 A102 456 Fultondale Ave 3056 A104 Twin City 3056 A105 ...

Line chart with value on the line
Hi, I have implement a line chart by thousands of data rows for a stock. Now I want to show values on 10 particular points with the lable E.g, one extra column for displaying the label. TradeDate Ticker Close Label 04/01/1999 1234 63.67 05/01/1999 1234 63 06/01/1999 1234 63 Mr. A buy 07/01/1999 1234 67.33 08/01/1999 1234 68.33 11/01/1999 1234 68.67 Mr. B buy Does anyone teach me how to do this ?? thanks Ginola "Ginola" <ginola@fake.email.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3fdc1aa6.8209734@msnews.microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have implement a line chart b...

split one column to multiple columns
I have data formatted in column A like: Sheldon Barnes <nhr4man@nc.rr.com>, Miriam DURVAMC Mil34ler <miriam....miller@va.gov>, Eddie Barnes <e.barne26s@verizon.net>, Deloris Bell-Johnson <db12345ell67@nc.rr.com>, Brenda Bethea <bbethea@email.un453c.edu>, jessie bowen <jbowen8kdkdkd871@aol.com>, How can i separate into three columns? First Name, Last Name, E-mail Many Thanks in Advance Greg Hi Greg, See if Text To Column under Data will do that for you. Use Space as the Delimiter. It worked for me on a simple test of your dat...

Right column spilling onto 2nd page
I bought a template from a vendor and saved it as a new template with my version of excel. The link to that file is: http://www.utahhousevalues.com/lgfiles.cfm. The vendor is not able to help me figure out why the right column is spilling onto a second page. There are 49 total pages and about 25 of them spill the right column onto a second page. They claim each page is identical and it should not do that. I'm using Small Business version of Excel 2000 with XP Professional SP-1 THANKS MUCH Darrell Catmull http://www.utahhousevalues.com Hi Darrell, If the vendor can't tell you w...

Too Much Chart Data for Excel Col Limits
I have a user who wants to generate a chart from a really large set of data, too much to fit within the 256 columns available in Excel 2003. (No, transposing the data won't work either, there's too much in BOTH directions!) Can anybody suggest a way to handle that? I thought about dumping all the values into an array variable, but don't know a way to make that the data source for a chart. 1) Have you recalled that there is a 32,000 limit on the size of a data series? 2) Will the chart be readable even with 1,000 data points? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Exce...

removing black lines
Sometimes I type an underline bar across the page. At the end of the page I'll hit the return (enter) key. When I do, the underline bar turns into a big black bar. Then I can't get rid of it. It just stays there. How can I get rid of this black bar? See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> &...

want to filter out emails, with subjest line starting with a specfic sring
Hi All, I am using MS outlook 2003, I am trying to find out how can i create a rule to filter out emails with subject line starting with a specific string, but not to filter if that string is in the middle of subject line. i.e. lets take the sting as Foo Filer if Foo is in the starting don't filter if if the Foo is not in the starting. if any of you aware of the trick to make this happen please let me know, i tried to google it, but couldn't find anything related to it. Thanks Anand outlook doesn't offer anyway to build that sort of rule. If you can coun...

Chart formatting #3
Is there a way to shade certain areas of a line graph? I have a simple line graph extending horizontally from point 1 to 10 on the x-axis. I would like to shade the entire background area of the graph from points 2-4 and points 6-8. Is there a way to make the graph apear that the background is grayed out between these points. Thanks Chris Chris - This has been sitting here a long time... Make a combo chart. Start by locking the Y axis scale parameters (uncheck the auto boxes). Add a series to your chart which has zero values where you want no shading and <Y axis max> where ...

VBA/Row number/column numer
If I want to specify a cell in VBA but only know it's row NUMBer and not column number, how would I describe this cell in vba? i.e. instead of AA5, i want to be able to talkb about it as being column 27 and row 5... thanks! Mika, Cells(Row, Column) Cells(2, 3) would give you cell C2 -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "mika." <conceptualness@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:07ad01c37be7$ffd1b0a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > If I want to specify a cell in VBA but only know it's row > NUMBer a...

Line graph question
How do I get my date axes (the horizontal axes) to start at zero followed by the first day of the month. -- WH99 Hi, If your dates are entered in the spreadsheet as dates then you may have problems - Excel stores dates as numbers so today is 39594 and 0 would be January 0, 1900. This would tend to spread the x-axis out quite a ways. If your dates are not entered as dates then make the first entry 0,0 - that is put another entry in the data area whose date value is 0 and whose value is 0. There are potential problems with this approach - each entry will be spaced equidistant apart ...

reading line by line
Dear all, I have a big problem, but I don't known how excel can solve it. I have a sheet with like it: process process_line status values_USD 0255155 10 44 10 0255155 20 44 20 0255156 10 33 11 0255156 20 44 21 0256157 10 33 12 0256157 20 33 22 0256157 30 33 23 0256158 10 ...

Text to Columns issue with Date & Time #2
Apparently the answer was simpler than I thought. The suggestion o copying the column and then formating the orignal and the new colum for date and time respectively worked fine. I also tried the 'text to columns' solution with 'other' checked an the <Alt> 0160 but that did not work for me. I probably did somethin wrong. I have a workable solution, so thank you all for your input -- C Andrew ----------------------------------------------------------------------- C Andrews's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1625 View this th...

Rows to columns
Hello all..............first post from an extremely newbie Excel user. My apologies if this particualr forum isnt the correct one for this post, however here goes :) OK, I've attached scren print of an excel spreadsheet (small extract of a larger one). On it there are columns A -> F. In column C there are 4 or 5 rows relating to one address. What i'm trying to do is move these rows into one single row, but move the number at the start of the address into the column in front. The ain is to be able to sort the entire work sheet into alphabetical order based on the street. Hopef...

? Changing Column for "Jump Key" in List Control
Hi, When you press a key in a list control, it jumps to the next item whose first-column text begins with that key. I am looking for a way to change that, so that pressing a key jumps to an item based on a different column. I don't mean just reordering the columns, so that the first column appears in a different position, but actually using a different column. I looked around for an answer, but only found a couple of others who /asked/ this (and did not get responses). :( Is it even possible? I could swear that I have seen it, or read of a way to do it. (On this topic, does anyone know...