Launching report from Switchboard launches Fax Wizard?

Hello,

I have a command button on the switchboard with the following code to launch
a report:

Private Sub CommandLastXGames_Click()
    DoCmd.OpenReport "rLastXGames", acViewNormal
End Sub

The report is based on a query that has the following code:

SELECT t.gamenum, t.gamedate, O.teamname, t.atbats, t.hits,
IIf(t.atbats<>0,t.hits/t.atbats,0) AS BA, t.runs, t.doubles, t.triples,
t.homeruns, t.rbi, t.walks, t.strikeouts, t.LOB, t.sb, t.errors
FROM tGameStats AS t LEFT JOIN tOpponentTeam AS O ON t.teamopponent =
O.teamnumber
WHERE (((t.gamenum)>=DMax("gamenum","tGameStats")-[XGames]));

If I open the report directly from the database, it prompts me as expected
and opens up fine.  When I try click on the command button to open the
report, it launches the Fax Wizard?  This is a laptop not connected to any
sort of network printer.  The Fax printer is set as the Default Printer, but
it doesn't matter when I launch the report directly.  Why is it an issue when
I try to launch the report from the Switchboard?

Thanks.
--
Pat Dools

On Jun 14, 7:40 am, Pat Dools <PatDo...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a command button on the switchboard with the following code to launch
> a report:
>
> Private Sub CommandLastXGames_Click()
>     DoCmd.OpenReport "rLastXGames", acViewNormal
> End Sub
>
> The report is based on a query that has the following code:
>
> SELECT t.gamenum, t.gamedate, O.teamname, t.atbats, t.hits,
> IIf(t.atbats<>0,t.hits/t.atbats,0) AS BA, t.runs, t.doubles, t.triples,
> t.homeruns, t.rbi, t.walks, t.strikeouts, t.LOB, t.sb, t.errors
> FROM tGameStats AS t LEFT JOIN tOpponentTeam AS O ON t.teamopponent =
> O.teamnumber
> WHERE (((t.gamenum)>=DMax("gamenum","tGameStats")-[XGames]));
>
> If I open the report directly from the database, it prompts me as expected
> and opens up fine.  When I try click on the command button to open the
> report, it launches the Fax Wizard?  This is a laptop not connected to any
> sort of network printer.  The Fax printer is set as the Default Printer, but
> it doesn't matter when I launch the report directly.  Why is it an issue when
> I try to launch the report from the Switchboard?
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Pat Dools

Everything Fine I think,
Problem is your button code click. please changed to acViewPreview
not acViewNormal
acViewNormal is command for printing that report. you just want to
preview it.

Private Sub CommandLastXGames_Click()
     DoCmd.OpenReport "rLastXGames", acViewPreview
End Sub

0
Bamar
6/14/2007 5:59:49 AM
Rock on, thank you!
--
Pat Dools

"Bamar" wrote:

> On Jun 14, 7:40 am, Pat Dools <PatDo...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a command button on the switchboard with the following code to launch
> > a report:
> >
> > Private Sub CommandLastXGames_Click()
> >     DoCmd.OpenReport "rLastXGames", acViewNormal
> > End Sub
> >
> > The report is based on a query that has the following code:
> >
> > SELECT t.gamenum, t.gamedate, O.teamname, t.atbats, t.hits,
> > IIf(t.atbats<>0,t.hits/t.atbats,0) AS BA, t.runs, t.doubles, t.triples,
> > t.homeruns, t.rbi, t.walks, t.strikeouts, t.LOB, t.sb, t.errors
> > FROM tGameStats AS t LEFT JOIN tOpponentTeam AS O ON t.teamopponent =
> > O.teamnumber
> > WHERE (((t.gamenum)>=DMax("gamenum","tGameStats")-[XGames]));
> >
> > If I open the report directly from the database, it prompts me as expected
> > and opens up fine.  When I try click on the command button to open the
> > report, it launches the Fax Wizard?  This is a laptop not connected to any
> > sort of network printer.  The Fax printer is set as the Default Printer, but
> > it doesn't matter when I launch the report directly.  Why is it an issue when
> > I try to launch the report from the Switchboard?
> >
> > Thanks.
> > --
> > Pat Dools
>
> Everything Fine I think,
> Problem is your button code click. please changed to acViewPreview
> not acViewNormal
> acViewNormal is command for printing that report. you just want to
> preview it.
>
> Private Sub CommandLastXGames_Click()
>      DoCmd.OpenReport "rLastXGames", acViewPreview
> End Sub

Pay Out Report #2
Does anyone have a report for RMS that shows the Pay Out? If you do, please send to me. I would really appreciate it. Hey Errol We just use the Tender Report because it shows all payouts as they are minus figures. It incorporates the refunds also. Payouts are only currently reported on the Z read. You would have to have a report designed to show this. If I come across one I'll let you know. -- Jenny "Errol Leu - CCS Guyana" wrote: > Does anyone have a report for RMS that shows the Pay Out? If you do, please > send to me. I would really appreciate it. Hi Craig...

Reporting Issue
Hi everyone, We recently upgraded from 1.2 to 3.0 with no major difficulties other than noone (even admins) could save System Settings. After some searching we noticed that, the services were running under 'Network' even though we stated we wanted the services to use a specific domain account during setup. So I changed the account to the correct domain account and then reset the keribos key using the key management tools. But now when you try to run a report is pops up a dialog box asking for 'Enter a user name and password to access the data source:' . I doesnt matter ...

Crystal Reports 2008
Is it possible to pass parameters from .NET application to the dynamic SQL Command in the Crystal report based on the Ms Access 2008 database? If yes, how? If you are saying you have a source of data in an Access database (I'm not aware of a 2008 version of Access), and you want to get at .NET parameters, I'd think you'd get more help in one of the .NET newsgroups. Access doesn't care who looks at it's data, so the "how" in your situation may be more relevant to .NET or Crystal Reports. Good luck! Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP ...

Report writer wrap
We use lengthy item descriptions on invoices. What won't the description wrap and print in full when we make the field longer? The ability to grow and shrink is not a feature that Report Writer has for fields. You would have split it into parts. This is one issue that always drives me to a third-party report writer, like Crystal. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Elaine" wrote: > We use lengthy item descriptions on invoices. What won't the description > wrap and print in full when we make the field longer? That is frustrating and creates more work. I created two...

slow launch
My work laptop is becoming almost unbearable lately. After logon the wallpaper appears immediately but the Taskbar and Desktop icons take fully three minutes before they even appear! Add another two or more minutes for the disk activity to slow down and it can take me at least five minutes after logon to be able to open any application. During this time the disk activity LED is essentially solid on, so something is happening in the background. After everything stops the laptop acts normally and is not slow during use. There is one application, FreeCommander, that once launched ta...

item movement report #4
hi hope someone can help. i need a report that tells me what is not moving from my warehouse. items with qoh but no trans out in last 3 -4 months thanks hi, earlier i posted the report pleaes check with item movement. "hozay" wrote: > hi > hope someone can help. i need a report that tells me what is > not moving from my warehouse. > items with qoh but no trans out in last 3 -4 months > thanks ...

Electronic report or file layout for Federal and/or State reports
Hello, does GP have the capability to support all some state and federal electronic reporting and available electronic new hire reporting? -- Thanks for your help ...

MFC to launch MsDev
I am running MsDev 7.1 I would like to from a MFC project use automation to launch MsDev then load a text file etc... The problem is that when I use the 'Add Class' and select 'MFC Class from Typelib' and then choose 'Microsoft Development Environment 7.0' type library I cannot determine what interface to generate the class for. There is no _Application interface or similar like there is for each of the Office applications. MSDN documentation regarding MsDev automation has not been updated (shame!), and I am at a loss. Ideas? - Marty ...

access report 12-17-07
How can I retrieve the count of records of different names from a single field with the DCount function? I can retrieve from a field such as [ethnicity] the number of say, Irish using in control source =DCount ("[Ethnicity]","qryX","[Ethnicity]='Irish' "), which works fine. But if I need the count of Irish and also the Canadians, using =DCount ("[Ethnicity]","qryX","[Ethnicity]='Irish' AND 'Canadians' ") does not pick up the second entry, ie Canadians. Can anyone help? Try: =DCount ("[Ethnicity]&...

Aging Report Feasibility
I would like to change RM Summary Historical Aged Trail Balance to show multicurrency. Is it possible or Is there any other report which serves the purpose or any other report I can take it as a base. If its possible can any one give me the steps that I need to do. -- Thanks Sudha That really depends what you mean by multicurrency. Have you tried un- checking the "Excluse Multicurrency Info" box in the report options? That shows a MC version of the same report, which may or may not be what you need. On Nov 20, 10:48=A0am, Sudha <Su...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: &...

Custom Fields on CRM based reports
We have customised our copy of CRM and need to get the custom fields (CFSTestField for example) onto our Crystal Reports, but when using the CRM connection, it only seems to return the standard fields. Has anyone managed to get custom fields added to crystal reports without going to the database directly? In order for the custom fields to appear, you will need to verify the database from within Crystal Reports. After opening the report use the Verify Database option on the Database menu Good luck. ...

FIB report
We are diagnosing an existing Great Plains installation that has a text file called DYNFIB.txt in the Great Plains root directory of one of the workstations. This file contains some statistics about tables in the company database... and one of the columns is titled "FIB." It is a log of some sort that is updated whenever one logs in to Great Plains. We have been unable to determine what process starts this log... and have not been very successful at finding information about FIB in SQL Books Online. Does anyone know the nature of these FIB statistics? This file is generated b...

Reporting with PFDAVADMIN
We're upgrading from 5.5 to 2k3. "some" of our thousands of public folders use the "Folder Assistant" to autoreply. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=903289 states that I need to set SEND AS for the owners to be able to modify the rules. I don't know where they all are. I tried to use PFDAVADMIN 2.5 to do a content report and then to EXPORT PROPERTIES. I tried PR_HAS_RULES : 0x663A000B and PR_HAS_MODERATOR_RULES : 0x663F000B but they all came up as "0", even the ones that i KNOW use the Folder Assistant. Is there an unlisted (or one that I missed)...

double launch at IE launch from quick launch
When I launch Internet Explorer I sometimes get a double launch. Most of the time I launch from the quick start bar. It happens also from the standard desktop icon also. ??? If you're looking for help here, the first piece of information we need is what version of Internet Explorer you are using and what version of Windows you are using (including the service pack number.) Next, keeping in mind that we are totally relying on your description, you need to explain exactly what a "double launch" means and why it happens only sometimes, along with any other detai...

Launching report from Switchboard launches Fax Wizard?
Hello, I have a command button on the switchboard with the following code to launch a report: Private Sub CommandLastXGames_Click() DoCmd.OpenReport "rLastXGames", acViewNormal End Sub The report is based on a query that has the following code: SELECT t.gamenum, t.gamedate, O.teamname, t.atbats, t.hits, IIf(t.atbats<>0,t.hits/t.atbats,0) AS BA, t.runs, t.doubles, t.triples, t.homeruns, t.rbi, t.walks, t.strikeouts, t.LOB, t.sb, t.errors FROM tGameStats AS t LEFT JOIN tOpponentTeam AS O ON t.teamopponent = O.teamnumber WHERE (((t.gamenum)>=DMax("gamenum"...

Purchase Order Receipt report
I could not find a purchase order receipt report in Store Ops Manager. There are reports which provide a summary view of the purchase order, but not the detail of the PO items, qty received, and cost information. I need something that provides the info at a glance, and does not require the manager to drill down to the individual PO edit window. Bill Yater The Worth Collection, Ltd byater@worthltd.com ...

Secure the forms, reports and data from change
In the previous access programs I was able to disable users ability to change objects and data. I want to do the same in Access 2007, I only want users to add data, but not to change data that is already there and also not to let users go into the design of the forms. Is this still possible? Thanks you need to do these steps to achieve what you want: change you form "default View" to Single Form and change Data Entry from "NO" to "YES" all these changes are in in Form properties in tabs FORM and DATA in order user do not make "Desing View" option, ...

selecting accounts for Annual Budget Report
The annual budget report doesn't seem to have the options that other reports do to select certain accounts and transaction types to exclude from the report. As a result the net of income v. expenses in this report is different than what I think it should be. Any recommendations? "Mike" <mmcdaniel1960@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1173221450.116950.135110@n33g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > The annual budget report doesn't seem to have the options that other > reports do to select certain accounts and transaction types to exclude > from the report. As a...

Launching IE from my application
I want to launch from ny win32 application Internet Explorer with a certain page in my website. Is it possible to that with a shell command (without using win32 api but a dos-like command)? Thanks in advance Victor I have no idea what a "dos-like command" is. What is wrong with ShellExecute? (Note: if you are trying to launch a command shell, ShellExecute is a good way to launch it, as well as CreateProcess, which is what ShellExecute uses, and is, oh dear, another Win32 API. Oh yes, ShellExecute always does the RIGHT thing, by launching the user's selected browser). Or you ...

Is there a reconciliation report?
Is there a way to print out a "Bank Statement" when I've completed the checkbook balancing? Since I don't receive paper statements anymore form the bank, it would be nice if Money had something similiar I could print out or PDF for my records that would show the month opening/closing and the transactions that cleared for the month. Glenn B. In microsoft.public.money, Glenn B. wrote: >Is there a way to print out a "Bank Statement" when I've completed the >checkbook balancing? Since I don't receive paper statements anymore form the >bank, i...

Weblink launch from Ootlook 2003 hangs
WinXP SP3 Outlook 2003, popmail IE7 Whenever I click a weblink (launch) from within outlook mail message AND IE explorer is not already open, I get 2 windows. Window 1 is the home page -> OK. Windows 2 is the URL of the weblink. This window 2 stays blank and "in process". What can I do to fix this? If IE is already open, the windows 2 functions and opens the URL. Thx -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net Did you try resetting web settings in IE? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outloo...

IS THERE A OUTLOOK WIZARD?
I NEED TO SET UP OUTLOOK ON MY COMPUTER HERE AT WORK AND I DON'T KNOW HOW CALL YOUR IT DEPARTMENT. AND DON'T SHOUT AT THEM! IT'S IMPOLITE! "MS CULLINS" <MS CULLINS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6020E6F-9CE0-4673-8370-59F51C94483F@microsoft.com... >I NEED TO SET UP OUTLOOK ON MY COMPUTER HERE AT WORK AND I DON'T KNOW HOW ROFL! Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!" KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4 ...

Report not found and Problem starting up report printing checks
When printing checks I received the following error messages, "Report Not Found" and "Problem starting up report". I have just performed an install on a new system and am hoping someone may direct me as to a possible resolution. Most likely your GP checks are set to print from modified report, but the installation you just did is not pointing to the dictionary this modified report is in.... -- Victoria Yudin GP MVP "L. M. Vasconcelos" <L. M. Vasconcelos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF75BD7C-717E-4BCF-AF88-47DDC30708D3@microsof...

Launch
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Recently reinstalled Panther and then Tiger on my iBook. I reinstalled Office v X and now I cannot open WORD, Powerpoint or Excel from the icons in the Office folder or from the icons in the dock? Am I missing something? I believe you're going to need the Office X 10.1.9 updater: <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=FEA9FD8A-EA16-4B3C -9381-18A389D5599A&displaylang=en> Then Repair Disk Permissions & restart. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 3/16/08 4:00 PM, in artic...

Visual Basic Help Wizard/Index problem, can't get cursor
I am able to bring up the help file in an excel workbook with no problems. However, in the VBA help file I can only access the contents portion. I cannot get a cursor in the Answer Wizard or Index Areas - I only get a cursor with arrows pointing left and right but cannot enter any text in the keyword field, etc. I recently updated from my original office with the SR-1 updates, not sure if this could be related. Appreciate any insights. Hi ...., Use Ctrl+Alt+Del to bring up the Task Manager (not to reboot) In the process tab select msohelp.exe and then the "En...