Invalid Sheet Name on Export

When I export a report from Access to Excel via DoCmd.OutputTo I get an error
from Excel saying Invalid Sheet Name.  What can be causing this and how I do
to keep this error from happening?

Oh - and let me add that my report's name is a 10 character string -- all
alpha.

"Janie" wrote:

> When I export a report from Access to Excel via DoCmd.OutputTo I get an error
> from Excel saying Invalid Sheet Name.  What can be causing this and how I do
> to keep this error from happening?

SQL import/export for RM
We are trying to get some data from Quickbooks into RM and we were trying to put the data into a CSV and then import it into SQL RM database. It almost worked except it cuts off letters on some fields and completely ignores others. I could not find an article on line any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. We have an import utility that does: - Catalog Import - Data Import - Historical PO and Transfer Import - Historical Sales / Quote / WO/Layaway/ Back Orders The catalog part and Data Import may serve whatyou need. For moreinfo contact me: afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ...

Invalid File Format
When I start Excel I get an initial message that says ssipro97.dot is an invalid format. Any idea why this would come up? It doesn't seem to affect how Excel works, it's just annoyint. ...

Invalid syntax
I get the error invalid syntax for the following line : ( summing up figures in case GetBonus = Yes) Bonus : iif(getBonus = -1;nz(BonusL1;0)+ NZ([BonusL2];0)+ NZ([BonusL3];0) could you help ? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200712/1 Ditch the semicolons. iif( Formula to test,results if true, results if false.) I would guess you want iif(getBonus = -1,nz(BonusL1;0)+ NZ([BonusL2];0)+ NZ([BonusL3],0) peljo via AccessMonster.com wrote: > I get the error invalid syntax for the following line : ( summing up figures...

Export outlook task items to Excel
Hi, I am trying to analyse outlook task items stored in Exchange Public Folder using Excel 2002. Can someone help me how to export task from Public Folder? Thanks, SH ...

Sheet #'s
Hi! My question is: Is there anyway to re-number sheet numbers, for example if you move your original sheets around and use the footer to print page of page’s they become out of sequence? Thank you in advance… Mark This is no "rename sheets in sequence" feature in Excel. You can of course right click the tabs of the sheets you want to rename and pick Rename. If there were a lot of sheets it might be worth writing a macro to do this, but if the renaming would take only a few minutes it would be quicker to do it manually.. -- Jim "mak" <mak@discussions.micro...

Pivot Table--How can I create from multiple sheets?
Dear Steven: Thank you very much for your reply and advice. I am curious now how to create a Pivot Table from multiple sheets. Whenever I try it fails or doesn't allow me to access the Pivot Table/Pivot Chart Report menu option. If you or anyone else has any insight on this, please let me know. Thanks. -- -=- penciline -=- "steven1001" wrote: > > If you organise your data as follows: > > Date source Account Value > 1/2/06 Cash News 2.50 > 1/2/06 Debit Food 21.50 > 1/2/06 Charge Clothes 52.50 > 1/2/06 Char...

Re: Lead Views
Oh, pretty-pretty please, can you make the Company's "Name" column resizable??? I'm looking at this unnecessarily enormous column for the Company's Name, and there's very, very little room to view the data in the other columns. Thanks! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click ...

Sort a 'Protected' sheet
Using Excel 2002, when I try to sort a protected sheet with a macro, I get a dialog box with 'Run time error 1004'. I allowed sorting when I set up the macro. Do I need to 'unprotect' the sheet with the macro and then 'protect' it again after the macro does its sorting? Any suggestions? Thanks, Barney As ALWAYS, post your coding efforts for comments -- Don Guillett Excel MVP SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Barney" <barneypo@no-spambellsouth.net> wrote in message news:srMii.817$yD2.605@bignews1.bellsouth.net... > Using Excel ...

Exporting to PCX
I need to export some images into PCX format to insert into an existing application. I need the image size to be a fixed size (315 * 95 pixels). When I export to other formats I get options to do this, but PCX seems to offer limited support for exporting specific size images, and they all look rubbish when they are scaled either up or down. Can anyone offer any suggestions? TIA Andrew a b a k e r AT f l o w l o g i c DOT c o m DOT a u Why not export the size you need in another bitmap format then use a graphics converter to translate those to PCX? Randall Arnold "Andrew Baker&...

invalid handle
hi frds i m very new in vc++ and i m founding too much difficulty in this so plz can any one solve this problem .... actully i m inserting a image in list box using this code ........ everything is returning write thing still it is saying invalid handle after ImageList_Add(hList,m_hBmpNew,0); when i m going to dibug it plz help me BOOL Fun() { // Create 256 color image lists HIMAGELIST hList = ImageList_Create(32,32, ILC_COLOR8 , 8, 1); HBITMAP m_hBmpNew = (HBITMAP) LoadImage( AfxGetInstanceHandle(), // handle to instance "c:\\img.bmp", /...

Invalid Property Value
I have a macro that uses an input form to populate a spreadsheet. There are various validations that run prior to the data populating. On one validation if an incorrect choice has been made from a drop down box a error message prompts the user to select again form the drop down box and will not populate until a valid selection has been made. I am now getting an Excel warning message (exclamation message) saying 'Invalid Property Value' after the spreadsheet has populated which only happens if an invalid selection has been made and corrected from the drop down box. If the ...

OFX
When doing an update from my broker I get the message cannot establish secure communication with the server. Digital certificate is invalid. OFXIE12038. This is new happening in last month. Broker support says problem is Money 2002 not supported so I installed Money 2005 (with some qualms) and of course, still get the same message. I can access the brokerage website OK from Money, just cannot get statement downloads. -- Bill ...

Correct way of changing MFC application name (m_pszAppName)
As far as I understand, the MSDN documentation regarding how to change CWinApp::m_pszAppName is incorrect. Following the documentation can lead to memory access violation errors. Additionally, the KB article 154744 also gives wrong advise about how to change m_pszAppName. Here's why: At the very beginning of application initialization, AfxWinInit calls CWinApp::SetCurrentHandles, which caches the current value of the m_pszAppName pointer as follows: pModuleState->m_lpszCurrentAppName = m_pszAppName; That is, the module state struct holds a copy of the m_pszAppName pointer. Now, if y...

Invalid Procedure Call on Forms
Hello, any suggestions are appreciated! I imported tables from our media database into our membership database. I was going to combine the information so that I could streamline orders with lookup fields but my supervisor didn't like it so... I went back to the media database and now NONE of the form buttons are working. The forms open, and all the reports, queries, and tables open without incident. However, when I click any button on any form (to call up a report, query or another form), I receive an error: "Invalid Procedure Call or Arguement". I tried creating a...

Transfer Price Sheet
Newbie here..... I am attempting to transfer a price list of items from one price sheet to another. When I attempt to transfer, the transfer errors out with the message "errors occured during the transfer". Has anyone run into this problem? Thanks ------=_NextPart_0001_3B7136CF Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello. Thank you for using Newsgroups. I do find one reference to this error message on a price list transfer. In this specific example, it was GP 7.5 and the copy was from USD to EURO. In that case, it appears that running Checklinks on the I...

Copy text from same cell on every sheet to title sheet?
Hi, hope someone can help on this. What I have is a document which contains 101 separate worksheets. The first sheet is a summary page and there are 100 other sheets which are identical. What I need is for the same cell on each of the 100 sheets to be copied into the summary sheet, but moving down 1 row each time. EG: I want Cell A1 from sheet 1 to appear in cell A1 on the summary page. I want cell A1 from sheet 2 to appear in cell B1 on the summary page. I want cell A1 from sheet 3 to appear in cell C1 on the summary page etc Can excel do this automatically? -- www.unlockingshop.co.u...

Exchange 2000 mailbox shows another user name other than the owner's name
Hi; When I go to the mailbox in System Manager of Exchange 2000, I found that some mailboxes which are accessed or logged on by another user name. For example; the "Last Logged on By" column for mailbox "Sam" showing logged on by John. I checked the mailbox of Sam, he did not share his mailbox with John. Why it displays like that? I am using Veritas to backup Exchange, but I used a system account to logon mailbox for backup. What is the other factor? Thanks! ...

550 relaying mail to <domain name> is not allowed
I keep getting this message generated by the system administrator when I try sending emails to some email adddresses. Anyone know why and where I can find a fix? John You probably need to authenticate to your outgoing server. You can set this up on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your account. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Joh" <jrwalton@talk21.com> wrote in message news:028601c35cc4$222c7470$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I keep getting this message generated by the system...

Combining Sheets
Hello, I am curious if it is possible to combine two different sheets both have one common column. here is what i would like to see happen *note C3 is the same on both sheets* A1 B2 C3 D4 & A1 B2 C3 D4 into A1 B2 C3 D4 E4 F4 G4 H4 *shrug* Thanks for any input CB :confused: -- esquire808 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ esquire808's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27703 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=472203 I'm sure that what you want can be done. Ho...

xml style sheet question!
I have a .net application C# that uses xmlwriter class to write data from a dataset into an xml doc. The doc app is set to excel so when the user opens the file excel opens. Anyhow I have another master excel file that I have saved as XML and am trying to copy it with the .net program (also using xml notepad for verification). I am not using a xml style sheet, would this be recommended and how do you create one? Also I have in the first row of the file I am writing in a string of 6 words. I am not setting the merge attribute for this. The string can be seen when it is opened in ex...

Macro to hide worksheet based upon text in the name
Is it possible to have a macro that hides worksheets based upon text contained or not contained in the worksheet name? Suppose i have several worksheets but want to hide ony the ones that don't have the text "HOLD" in the name; worksheet names: Data_HOLD Data Selection_HOLD etc.... or maybe base it upon the WS tab color.... Thanks, Joe M. Hi, This will hide all worksheets with Hold anywhere in the name Sub Hide_shts() Dim ws As Worksheet For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets If InStr(1, ws.Name, "Hold", vbTextCompare) Then ws....

Export from Maximizer
When I export my address from Maximizer to Outlokk 2002, outlook will not dispaly my contact information except across the width of the page, not as a card. Any ideas how to fix? ...

Sheet linking to Another File, HLP! #2
Yea i have used the hyperlink method, but it simply opens up the othe file on a separate worksheet. I really need to bring it into the main file as a sheet -- FultonHoga ----------------------------------------------------------------------- FultonHogan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1569 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27226 hi, hyperlinks do not import data. it is just a reference to where the data is at. If you need to import, then hyperlink is not what you are after. If it is a one time thing, then c...

SometimesSenders Name does not appear when posting to a public fol
We are using a Public folder setup with a Moderator. We have noticed that when some senders post something on to the Folder, sender name does not appear. THis is the case with only some users. Instead of the Senders name the moderator gets the public folder name as sender. We using Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003. Anyone any ideas. This seems to be a bug. As it only happens with some users. ...

Change Sheet Tab Colour
Is it possible to change the colour of your sheet tab in Excel 2000? no feature not introduced until ver 2002 -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "Jenai" <Jenai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA3ED129-8A84-4F0B-BC20-6C37EDBB5362@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to change the colour of your sheet tab in Excel 2000? ...