Increase size of pie chart within control?

Is there a way to increase the size of a pie chart within its control?
I have a limited amount of space in which to display the chart, so the
overall size of the control is restricted. But within it there's quite a lot
of "wasted" white space and I would like to make the pie itself larger and
more legible. Can do, or not?
Many thanks
CW

In design mode, double-click on the chart within the control to select it
for editing.  Then use the sizing handles to resize the chart area to the
size of the control; this does not have to be square.  Click on the plot
area to select it (within the chart), and use its sizing handles to resize
it within the chart area; you can make it almost as big as the smallest
dimension of the chart area (since it must remain square).  Note that if you
have titles/sector labels/legend/... these will get pushed away/squashed as
you resize the plot area; you may need to move and resize them also.

HTH,

Rob

"CW" <CW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to increase the size of a pie chart within its control?
> I have a limited amount of space in which to display the chart, so the
> overall size of the control is restricted. But within it there's quite a
> lot
> of "wasted" white space and I would like to make the pie itself larger and
> more legible. Can do, or not?
> Many thanks
> CW

0
Rob
1/21/2008 10:08:17 PM
You should be able to double-click the control while in the design view of
the report. Then select the chart and drag a handle to resize.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"CW" wrote:

> Is there a way to increase the size of a pie chart within its control?
> I have a limited amount of space in which to display the chart, so the
> overall size of the control is restricted. But within it there's quite a lot
> of "wasted" white space and I would like to make the pie itself larger and
> more legible. Can do, or not?
> Many thanks
> CW

Controlling Marker Attributes
Is there a way to control the attributes (point size style, color, etc.) of a marker for a scatter chart b setting them programmatically (via Visual Basic o other means) or by setting the values in cells Thanks in advance. VBA is suited to this tedious task. Turn on the macro recorder while you format some markers, and then examine the code. You can put desired values into the worksheet, and have the procedure get the parameters from there. A relevant snippet of code looks like this: With ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Points(2) .MarkerBackgroundColorIndex = 15 ' gray ...

Font Size on Taskbar indicating From/Subject/Date
How can I increase the font size on all items displayed in and under this window? When I increase the font size in Windows, it increases the font on the items in the left hand navigation pane but not on the right side. Any suggestions? Right-Click on a blank area of the mail list and choose "customize current view". There will be a button for other settings that allows you to change size and font. -- ~jason k please reply in group. emails directly to me will be printed and laughed at in the breakroom "Ruthie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Screen sizes are not supporint my program
Hi all, I developed a program in Access, and now I am implementing it I got one PC with 15inch screen my forms are big for that monitor (all command buttons are not showing on the screen) but working good on 17 inch where I developed. Please advise solution which fits all size of screens. Thanks in advance ...

Multiple charts on one worksheet?
Hi, I've seen this subject posted before but could not work out my problem with the answers to those posts, so I'll start my own :) I wrote a VB program that invokes Excel and reads data into it (ADO), selects the appropriate range, then creates a chart on that worksheet. I then copy that chart to a new worksheet named "Charts" and then run through the process a number of times depending on the number of elements a user has asked for (stock symbols). It does this fine except it places the charts one on top of the other on the "Charts" sheet. I've tried using ...

Increase size of pie chart within control?
Is there a way to increase the size of a pie chart within its control? I have a limited amount of space in which to display the chart, so the overall size of the control is restricted. But within it there's quite a lot of "wasted" white space and I would like to make the pie itself larger and more legible. Can do, or not? Many thanks CW In design mode, double-click on the chart within the control to select it for editing. Then use the sizing handles to resize the chart area to the size of the control; this does not have to be square. Click on the plot area to select it ...

Limit the size of a users pst file
How can i limit the size of a users pst file. I want them to be able to burn it to CD Thanks in advance Karen I don't believe you can limit it. Karen wrote: > How can i limit the size of a users pst file. I want them > to be able to burn it to CD > > Thanks in advance > Karen Karen <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can i limit the size of a users pst file. I want them > to be able to burn it to CD Ask them to keep it below 600 Mb and if it's larger, to split it into multiple PSTs, each of which is below 600 Mb. -- Brian Tillman Smi...

WebBrowser Control Navigating
Hi, I'm trying to use the webBrowser.Navigate control in a C# app. If I put it in the Form_Load method it works fine. But if I put it a Button_Click method, it does not load the webBrowser.Document property. Thanks, King Sorry, posted to the wrong newsgroup. Sincerely, King "King Coffee" <kcoffee@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:374F2D13-F9E1-4DDE-A885-3240D7AF93F4@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'm trying to use the webBrowser.Navigate control in a C# app. If I put it > in the Form_Load method it works fine. But if I put it a B...

Drivers for percentage increase
I am trying to set up a driver to include in my budget profile so that my managers can select the percentage from a driver and see on each budget line what the outcome will be i.e staff costs may be calculated at 150,000 but if I used my driver to calculate an increase of 3.5% that would change the staff costs to 155,250. Can anyone help? Regards Jo I am not sure what you question is but this may help:- In cell A 2 I have 150,000 In cell B 2 I have 3.5% In cell C 2 I have:- =(A2*B2)+A2 - and this returns 155,250 to cell C 2. If my comments have helped please h...

Dynamic Charts #2
I know how to make Dynamic charts but how do you adjust the data serie automatically when new series data is added. For Example. Old Data chris 2 chris 5 sue 4 sue 3 New Data chris 2 chris 5 chris 6 sue 4 sue 3 When new data is added to the bottom the chart adjusts but how do yo get the series to adjust to the "chris" series which is in the middle? ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Using the technique based on the OFFSET function...

to increase quantity
hello everybody, i have a question: i want to use project to calculate the delivery time of a machine component. I know the bill of material and the time of every step (manufacturing, mounting, etc.). I don't have problem to create a gantt for this item: but i have problem when i want to create a gantt for a number greater than one of my item. I think that i have to use a function that increase the duration of each step of the process, but i don't know how. Please help me. thank you -- sentenza ------------------------------------------------------------------------ s...

Data file size so large
My wife has been using Publisher 2000. She makes a document for her nursery school. The document is only about 20 pages but the file grows to an enormous size (like way over 1 gigabyte) during the develpment process of making the document. It does have lots of pictues but they are typically 50 to 100K in size. To me it seems that the program is doing a terrible job of managing the file and maybe keeping old deleted stuff in it. Right now on a Pentium III/500 it takes forever to open and edit files. She has broken the document into four separate files but even those are so large that sh...

Organgigramm: Enlarge Paper size
I am working on a huge organigramm with about 800 persons on it. Now my paper is full and I should still add some several hundreds. How can I enlarge the paper without changing the sizes of my shapes? Thanks for your help. Katja You can go into page setup and change the Page size or hold down the Ctrl key and drag the edge of the paper to the size you want. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm "Katja" <K...

SIZE OF EXCEL SHEET
Dear all, I have an excel which is required a long time to open. When I press "Ctrl End", it goes to the rows 60000. But actually, it just has 100 rows with data. I tried to delete those unused rows & hope to make the excel file smaller. But I find that it always treats it with 60000 rows when I press "ctrl-end". Please advise how to make it smaller? Hi Nelson! See: Debra Dalgleish: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Debra has manual and VBA approaches to re-setting the used range -- -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njhark...

Exchange not releasing mailbox size
I'll try to explain this as best as I can. I have Exchage 200, and I've implemented 100 MB limit on all users. With some users even though they are deleting stuff from the mailbox, their size just increases until it reaches 100 MB and they are blocked. But, on Outlook their showing lot less then 100 MB, so their actual size is not 100MB but lets say 50MB or 40MB. Any solution for this ? Are the users clearing their deleted items folder as well? -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Drilon&q...

Charts #37
Hi All, Can you please advise if we can create one chart with multiple pivot table of the same data. Thanks Niranjan ...

Prevent cells from re-sizing when using pivot drop down option
I know how to keep a chart from being re-sized when for instance i select the filter option from a Pivot table ( my chart uses data from the pivot) But when using the filter option in pivot tables often the column width changes for the new data. I want to know if and how to stop that from happening (like i can in chart fixing). any help truly appreciated. Val ...

Chart select!
Could anyone tell me how to write a macro that would simply select every chart on the page, and NOT pictures. Thanks! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi cdegar01, Does this line do what you want? Activesheet.chartobjects.select cdegar01 < wrote: > Could anyone tell me how to write a macro that would simply select every > chart on the page, and NOT pictures. Thanks! > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > -- Cheers Andy ------ Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Top 3 within a group
I have a table of student ID's (numeric) courses and marks such as shown in this example: ID Course Mark 123456 Math 11 80 123456 English 11 82 123456 Socials 11 75 123456 Science 11 92 123456 Geog 11 84 123456 Physics 11 70 234567 Math 12 65 234567 English 12 71 234567 Chem 12 60 234567 Geog 12 88 234567 Phys 12 70 I want to produce a list that shows the top 3 courses for each student such as ID Course Ma...

Default picture frame size
I want to set a default picture frame size, but the "Apply settings to new objects" checkbox in the format picture option is greyed out On 27 Apr 2004 11:11, Rachel <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to set a default picture frame size, but the "Apply settings to >new objects" checkbox in the format picture option is greyed out You can't do that with picture frames. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.mvps.org/publisher This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. So if I wan...

How to change order of drop lines relative to the plotted data in Excel 2007 chart
What is the procedure for changing the order of drop lines relative to the plotted data in an Excel 2007 chart? I would like the chart;s drop lines to remain active, but appear "sent to the back" behind the plotted data. I attempted to help myself by searching extensively, but I was unable to find the solution. I think it may require a VBA entry, but, if so, I will require assistance. Are the references below pointing me in the right direction? http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb210119.aspx http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb216878.aspx http://m...

pasting charts into word or powerpoint
Sometimes my portrait sized charts "turn into" portrait format when I copy and paste from Excel to a Word doc or powerpoint presentation. I've tried paste special as picture and various other combinations, sometimes with success and sometimes now............... why or why does this occur, and more importantly - how can I get them to stop doing it! thx - trish ...

Boxplot and Whisker Chart
Hello, I use the chart wizard\custom chart\Line on 2 axes to draw boxplot and whisker chart with percentage on the left y axes and quality on the right y axes but it doesn't show right like the others chart. Anyone know how to draw the Line on 2 axes or Line-column on 2 axes for Boxplot and Whisker Chart? Thanks, ...

Word 2007 - Font Size Error
I was originally running Office 2003. I upgraded to Office 2007, but maintained a working copy of 2003 on my computer. Immediately after the upgrade, I noticed that documents that had been created in Word 2003 using a 'standard' font and margins would be resized, with the font appearing slightly larger and distorting pagination, etc. No changes were made to the document, other than opened in both Word 2003 and 2007. (Font is supposed to be Garamond 11, but it looks and prints more like Garamond 12.) I've uninstalled Office 2003 and re-installed Office 2007. All upd...

Variable size form for changes between laptop screens
Hi, I have developed alot of forms in my databse to perfectly fit the screen when I open them as maximized. Now I have 2 users that are going to move to widescreen laptops. That pushes the form to the left and it leaves the screen looking really funny. Is there a way to detect the width of the users screen and then use code to resize the form to fill the screen appropriately? I can see that once I detect the width, I would have to use a move command on every field on the screen. Is there a quick way to do that instead of having to specify every field individually? Thanks, Beth You ...