Include a hyperlink in an email generated by an access database? - 128881

Is it possible to include a hyperlink in a database generated e-mail.  The
hyplerlink would be to the database from which the e-mail is being sent?

Thanks,

Outlook 2007 won't open hyperlinks...
SP1 automatically installed yesterday for Outlook 2007, and I now get "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer" whenever I try to click a hyperlink. I Googled this problem and tried: Resetting IE Resetting IE via Access Defaults Importing new reg key for HKLM/Software.../htmlfile I'm out of tricks. Does anyone know of anything else I can do? It's infuriating that Microsoft released an update that completely screws with the way I work. My inclination is uninstall SP1 - but then who knows what other problems that might cause. Anyo...

Hyperlinks and UNC
I seem to remember that when inserting a hyperlink into a field in Access 2000, it was stored in UNC format, no matter if the user navigated through the network or via mapped drive letters. In Access 2003 the hyperlink is stored as a mapped as a drive letter if the user navigated to the file by that route. Do I recall correctly about Access 2000? Thanks for the reply. I am inserting a hyperlink by setting the focus to a control bound to a hyperlink field, then using: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdInsertHyperlink in a command button Click event. Unfortunately I do not know what to do with...

VPN and Public folders access
Hi all I have 3 exchange servers that are all in the same admin and routing group, two out of hte three servers are exchagne 2003 and hte third is a 5.5 server. All serves are in different parts of the country and they are all connected by high speed links. The problem that i have been noticing lately is when a user VPN's into the network (outlook 2003) the users outlook is trying to connect the public folders to an exchagne server that is not local to there network, when this happens a dialog box pops up asking the user for there username password, this mail server is in another ...

Can't set Windlows Live Email or Outlook as default email program
I'm running Windows XP SP2 with the following email programs: * Windows Live Mail * Outlook 2003 * Outlook Express (not used) When I access "Set Program Access and Defaults", and choose Custom, the only e-mail client which is displayed underneath "Choose a default e-mail program" is Outlook Express. Does anyone know why this is, and how I can restore them to the list? Thanks, P. This is because only Outlook Express is included in Windows XP. Use the options within Outlook or Windows Mail to set it as the default. The setting will then change to "Custom" ...

XmlResolver and xsl:include
Have been doing a fair amount of reading but at this point no joy. The scenario is - XSL template is stored within db. - Template has a xsl:include statement as <xsl:include href="inc.template.methods.xsl"/> I now I have to pass a resolver when I use the load method so that it understands the xsl include as in: ' object template is custom class to retrieve templates from the db dim template as new objTemplate dim myresolver as xmlresolver dim mytransfrom as xmltransform ' template.xmlDocRunTime returns a xmldocument object mytransform.load(template.xmlDocRunTim...

email macro #2
Hi, I want to add a 'send this sheet' button to an excel-sheet so that after completing an excel-sheet the customer can send it automatically back to me, without have to do 'complex' email operations. Can some one help me with this one? Kind regards, Eric Eric, Have a look at Ron de Bruin's site here http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Tips -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Eric27&qu...

Font Size email
I cannot seem to change the font size in the preveiw pane or the message window in outlook. I have looked over every option thoroughly and still cannot change it. It is a very small font. I can change the headers and rows but nothing else. In outlook express it is easy to change.Can anyone help? Thanks, Kurt Gibson ...

In Access, How do I hide records, but include them in the total
I'm running a report where I have work orders. They are grouped by appr and comp. I need to create a report that will show all the appr tickets, but give me a total count of appr and comp. I have the report generated the way I want, with total count, but how do i hide just the comp tickets. xeoimom wrote: >I'm running a report where I have work orders. They are grouped by appr and >comp. I need to create a report that will show all the appr tickets, but >give me a total count of appr and comp. I have the report generated the way >I want, with total count, but ...

Email truncation help needed
A co-worker is my office receives truncated email text when I or someone else sends her an email. The same email can be sent to me without any truncation occurring. We all have the same version of Outlook 2002 and IE 6.0. Any ideas on what's happening & how to fix it? Thanks ...

Using Teams for exclusive access rights
Can the use of Teams permit exclusive visibility and limit the view of other users with ALL visibility? In our environment, we initially will allow all users to view ALL data across the business units. However, there is a subset of data that may need to be designated confidential. Will sharing these records (and associating the correct Team security) with a Team then exclude all other users from view the data? -- Carroll Little Vis.align, LLC 610-692-3290 x3326 www.visalign.com CRM operates on an "inclusive" data model. Thus, if a user has global Read, then that user can...

#includes
I'm looking over my files this evening, and I'm noticing that some of my #includes (of my own header files) are in my .h files, while some are in my ..cpp files. Sometimes I have used incomplete class declarations as well. I have tried to find some good reading to help me understand this whole thing, but haven't so far. Could I get a bit of advice on this? I don't know if this is related, but one of my source files won't give me any of those "smart tips" when the cursor passes over various objects, unless it is something that I have declared in that file itsel...

sender email address...
Good days. I have got a problem... my company running an exchange 2003 server. and that I can send and receive without problem..e.g. me@abc.com Then, I have got an email account, say me@cba.com. all the incoming mail will be forward to me@abc.com. I can receive all without problem. When I want to reply email original to me@cba.com, I want to use me@cba.com as the sender address. but that the exchange server not allow that... how can I set exchange server to allow sender address as me@cba.com? thanks. oh... maybe making my problem more clearly. The outlook cannot send mail out with se...

Including MDA information in transaction edit reports
GP 8.0 I would like to include MDA entry with the AP transaction edit list so the input can be reviewed before releasing a batch for posting. Same thing applies to our invoicing. What is the best way to accomplish this task? I have coded this once for a customer. The only method that can work seamlessly is a Dexterity customisation which uses a trigger to add extra lines into the temporary table used for the report just prior to printing. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer - Great Plains Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (f...

Hyperlink display text maximum in Excel 2003
Every time I try to create a hyperlink of a cell (that contains a couple of sentences worth of text), I seem to reach the maximum allowed characters for the display text - and Excel cuts off the end of the paragraph. Hence, the the hyperlink is created, but I loose half the content of the cell. Any ideas? It looks like that text to display can be 255 characters. And the same thing holds for =hyperlink(link_location,Friendly_name) Friendly_name can be up to 255 characters--and if you point at another cell that contains a longer string, you'll get an error back. Maybe you could put t...

Junk emails
I keep receiving messages with attachements to them. I receive many maessage from people I do no know and Outlook blocks them. It is has if somebody had access to an address book and sends email to everybody. How can we stop that You can't stop it since it is virus activity on a machine other than your own. You can download SpamBayes and use it to start filtering these mails. You don't say what version of Outlook you are using but 2003 does a pretty good job of filtering these mails for me. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discus...

Exchange 2003 email filtering
I received a request to begin blocking all non-business related emails. If possible I would like to use some type of whitelist and have the ability to apply the setting based on some type of group membership. Any suggestions? Thanks. Adam Choose one of many antispam products. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:598308BA-F410-4C60-B063-2AB31D709EFC@microsoft.com... >I received a request to begin blocking all non-business related emails. If > possi...

Access 2003 and Access 2007 on same workstation
Sorry, this has probably been asked a thousand times. Can I install Access 2007 on a machine with Access 2003 and keep both versions. I used to do this with Access 2000 and 2003. Since I am a developer, I need to test and develope with the customers version. TIA Marcus Yes you can. However, be aware that there's currently a problem so that whenever you switch from one version to the other, it'll take several minutes. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Marcus Smaby" <mrsmaby@msn.mom> wrote in message news:%23...

copy contents including colour
Hi In cells A1:B73 I have a list of contacts which are colour coded. What I want to be able to do is to be able to enter the name of 1 of the contacts in lets say G1 and it will search for that name in A1:B73 and automatically copy its colour code over. Many thanks for any help. Al Hi, I'm assuming that the colour codeing isn't a result of conditional formatting and it's simply a fill colour. To do this you need VB. Alt+F11 to open vb editor. Double click the worksheet that this data are on and paste the code in on the right. Close VB editor and type your name...

Unable to Read Japanese Email
I correspond with several Japanese users and can read emails from some of them without a problem, but emails from others are nothing but a series of ?????. In one case, I can read one email but not another from the same sender. Changing the Encoding doesn't help. Sending emails in Japanese to them without a problem...they can read it fine. Would appreciate any suggestions/solutions as I'm stumped. I'm using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP Home operating system. Japanese language support is installed. ...

Renaming user account and accessing old account named mail
Using W2K3 server and Exchange 2K3. I need to rename a users account. First I'd like to know the proper way to do it. Is right clicking and choosing rename the most appropriate and will it change the name in all the necessary places (display, etc). Or should I go to properties and modify the name on the general tab, the modify the name on the Exchange General tab and then on the account tab? Second, once the account has been renamed, where will the e-mail from the prevous account be? Will it show up in the inbox of the new account? Understand - all you are doing in essence is chang...

Include a button on toolbar to include/exclude original text when.
When replying/forwarding a message you must go to thru several screens to change your base setting or highlight and delete the message. Add an optional button that would allow you to include/exclude as each message is opened for reply/forwarding. ...

Outlook Web Access #34
currently running Exchange Server 2003 with SP2, just wonder whether using a Nokia E61 can access the Outlook web access? Thanks Music Lover wrote: > currently running Exchange Server 2003 with SP2, just wonder whether using a > Nokia E61 can access the > Outlook web access? > > Thanks > > Use activesync/direct push for this, it will sync the mailbox to the cell phone software is built in. ...

How do I get the hyperlink destination cell to appear at top of sc
Hi - I want to hyperlink within the same Excel sheet. When I do, the destination cell appears at the bottom of the screen. How do I get it to appear at the top? Thanks. -- John Private Sub Worksheet_FollowHyperlink(ByVal Target As Hyperlink) With ActiveWindow .ScrollRow = ActiveCell.Row .ScrollColumn = ActiveCell.Column End With End Sub This is sheet event code. Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code". Copy/paste the code into that module. A click on the hyperlink will bring the destination cell to top left of sheet. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 25 Oc...

SMTP-Virtual Server -Emails Stuck
Dear All, I have something happen here, which is UPNORMAL. We were having workgroup with 25 users, and one WinProxy Box with 2 Nic cards on it, and one connected to the LAN, and one connect to the ISP through VSAT with Real IP. No DNS internal at all, all of my users configured with Default gateway of the internal IP of WinProxy , and also able to browse internet with WebProxy client of WinProxy. Also, the mail server which is hosted in USA, we were using POP3 on MS-outlook behind the WinProxy- i mean in the configuration of outlook, we used to put the IP-Address of WinProxy i...

Auto Reply with Email
How do I setup automated auto reply while I'm away??? Ron <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I setup automated auto reply while I'm away??? If you're connected to Exchange, use the Out of Office Assistant on the Tools menu. If not, read http://support.microsoft.com/?id=311107 Keep in mind with this latter approach you'll need to keep your PC and Outlook running while you're gone. -- Brian Tillman ...