In Access, How do I hide records, but include them in the total

I'm running a report where I have work orders.  They are grouped by appr and
comp.  I need to create a report that will show all the appr tickets, but
give me a total count of appr and comp.  I have the report generated the way
I want, with total count, but how do i hide just the comp tickets.

xeoimom wrote:

>I'm running a report where I have work orders.  They are grouped by appr and
>comp.  I need to create a report that will show all the appr tickets, but
>give me a total count of appr and comp.  I have the report generated the way
>I want, with total count, but how do i hide just the comp tickets.

You could use the group header section's Format event to
make the comp details invisible:

	Me.Section(0).Visible = (Me.groupfield <> "Comp")

Alternatively, you can use the detail section's Format event
to cancel processing of the comp records:

	Cancel = (Me.groupfield = "Comp")

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Restricting access to note attachments

Hiding macros in macro popup window
Hello, Is there a way to suppress display of procedures in the macro window the user can run from the Tool menu from Excel? I can't make the subs private since they are in a general module and called from worksheet event procedures. Regards PO 1. Add "Option Private Module" at the top of the module or 2. Add an argument to the subs... Sub ValuableInformation (ByRef blnDummy as Boolean) End Sub Of course, then all calls to the sub would require an argument. or 3. Add an optional argument... Sub ConfusingData (Optional ByRef blnStuff As Boolea...

creat id badges including an image
Can anyone tell me how to create id badges using data and an image please? I can use access, excel, word or publisher. Thank you. In Publisher, simply use a badge template (label), insert your picture. If you are merging data it is a straightforward operation. What version Office? Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx With Word, look at this article http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Angel_1" <Angel1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Including Ship To Address 'User Defined' fields on SOP Invoice.
How do I include the Ship To 'User defined 1 and 2 fields' on an Invoice? The ship to is defined on the customer maintenance card and differs from the Select Address Code for the customer ('PRIMARY' vs. 'SHPTO'). I can retrieve the Ship To Address line 1 thru 3 using the RW_AddressLine1 .... RW_AddressLine3 functions. However I can not determine how to retrieve other data maintained under this Address ID from the Customer Address Table. How do I achieve this? That's because the User Defined fields you are looking for are in the Customer Master Address tab...

Excel Row to Access Columns

Access

Printing single record
HELP! I am using the following code under the ComandButton to print the current report from my form: Dim strWhere As String If Me.Dirty Then 'Save any edits. Me.Dirty = False End If If Me.NewRecord Then 'Check there is a record to print MsgBox "Select a record to print" Else strWhere = "[Num] = " & Me.[Num] DoCmd.OpenReport "Check Request", acViewNormal, , strWhere End If However, I keep getting the following error: The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced...

access mail on WEB

X-Axis @ 0 wont work (PIC INCLUDED)
I have a dual y-axis graph... one series has negative values and causes the x-axis to move... ive tried using the "x-axis @ 0" but it doesnt work office XP PIC: http://www.ironchefbadass.com/www/chart.jpg the only way i can get it to sort of look right is if i play with the minimum value for the left hand y-axis.. there has to be a real way todo it right... thanx guys -- scrupul0us ------------------------------------------------------------------------ scrupul0us's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14184 View this thread: http://w...

access or mount mirrored hard disks

Access Database In Great Plains

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Hiding Columns #2
I have a spreadsheet where 5 identical sheets feed into a summary sheet. The columns are dates where people enter the time that they have spent on a certain job. In the summary sheet I have a formula adding the corresponding cell in each of the sheets. I was wondering if anybody knew how I could hide a column on the summary sheet only if the formula result is zero from the data coming from the 5 other sheets. Thanks, Jane And if you really meant columns, you could use a macro: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim iCol As Long Dim wks As Worksheet Set wks = Worksheets(...

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Outlook Web Access #19

Hide Rows in one W/S Based on a cell value in Another W/S
Hide Rows in one W/S Based on a cell value in Another W/S I have the following code in an excel spreadsheet (see below). The code correctly hides the rows when C98 in one worksheet = "Dog" but when C98 does not = "Dog" it does not unhide the cells on Sheet Blue. Why? Select Case UCase(Range("C98").Value) Case "Dog" Sheets("Blue").Rows("94:113").EntireRow.Hidden = False Case Else Sheets("Blue").Rows("94:113").EntireRow.Hidden = True End Select Maybe your have your true/false mixed up -- Don Guillett SalesAid ...

need totals from all days in a month in one place
Hi All, I'v browsed this group for an answer to this, with no success. This is my situation: I need to end up with the number of days during a given month on which the total number of residents ("Occupancy") meets or exceeds 90% of our Capacity of 27. I've done this with an Excel spreadsheet, summing these columns: Col A Col B Col C Col D Date ~ # of residents ~ % of Capacity ~ 0 or 1, depending ="Col B"/27 ~ =IF("Col C" >0.9,1,0) Is there an expression(s) that will give me...

link to a record on a form
I have created a link from one form to a specific record on another using the following macro; Action: Open Form Where Condition: [ID]=[Forms]![Newspaper Query]![ID] This works perfect until I try to add the first for as a sub form to my home page form. When I click the link it first asks me to 'Enter Parameter Value - Forms!Newspaper Query!ID' If I type in the ID it will take me to the specified record but this is rather messy. Am I missing some code with this being changed into a subform? Bigbump, Not sure if I understand... I think you're saying that when your "...

Money did away with many months of records
I had saved Micorsoft money to a floppy and a CD on Sept 3rd. The next day upon going to enter again my money had deleted everything back to May 2002. When I open a CD or floppy they all seem to go back to the page on the computer to year 2002. I found something saying each time I exit Money it is on the C drive. How do I go about restoring the lost months. THANKS It's incredibly hard to say given that what you describe doing is not a sufficient description and certainly doesn't sound like normal/best practices for managing a Money data file. Figure out where all of your ....