Hi, I am working on a project where I need to color code the report so
it will distinguish if the previous record is different from the
current record.  Because the record will have many similar record, so
I am trying to group the record so it's easier to look.  In a report,
is there any way a record will change color if it's different from the
previous record.

Thanks for your help.

0
richiecheng

richiecheng@gmail.com wrote:

>Hi, I am working on a project where I need to color code the report so
>it will distinguish if the previous record is different from the
>current record.  Because the record will have many similar record, so
>I am trying to group the record so it's easier to look.  In a report,
>is there any way a record will change color if it's different from the
>previous record.

Different in what way?  How are the "similar" records alike?

Have you explored using the Sorting and Grouping feature to
group the similar records?  This would provide a group
header section where you can use a little VBA code to set
the color for the next record or group of records.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
On Nov 7, 9:15 pm, Marshall Barton <marshbar...@wowway.com> wrote:
> richiech...@gmail.com wrote:
> >Hi, I am working on a project where I need to color code the report so
> >it will distinguish if the previous record is different from the
> >current record.  Because the record will have many similar record, so
> >I am trying to group the record so it's easier to look.  In a report,
> >is there any way a record will change color if it's different from the
> >previous record.
>
> Different in what way?  How are the "similar" records alike?
>
> Have you explored using the Sorting and Grouping feature to
> group the similar records?  This would provide a group
> header section where you can use a little VBA code to set
> the color for the next record or group of records.
>
> --
> Marsh
> MVP [MS Access]

Thanks!  I think it works out even better

0
richiecheng

Need more Reports

Access "Write Conflict" Error -- record changed by another user
A table with 2 fields in which the data are correlated (but not coupled) are populated by ComboBoxes with sources from a separate table with the correlated information in the same records. Specifically, Company Name and Stock symbol. The form used to enter and edit information in the master table allows the selection of unrelated Company Name and Stock Symbol. Using a RecordSet, ToDo Loop, and an UPDATE query, I have "sort of" accomplished the job. Changing the selection of the Company Name generates the above error message. Clicking the "Drop Changes" button pr...

Printing reprot from a form for the record viewed
I would like to print a report (sort of an invoice) from a form where i am entering the final data for the invoice. but the report is generated for the entire table. for time being i am printing the form. but the actual report must have a different format and some more additional informations. So i want help to print the report only for the record viewed in the form and that i should be able to give the print commond from the form itself through the command button.thanks Try this link on "How To Print A Single Record from a Microsoft Access Form into a Report"http://www.databasedev.c...

change subreport source object
I've posted this previously but can't locate it! Is something crazy going on with the forum? Access 2003/Win 2000 I'm trying to get this to work: Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer) Me.srptPKPhysicalAttributes.SourceObject = "srptPK" & Me.Type & "PhysicalAttributes" Me.srptPKMaterialAttributes.SourceObject = "srptPK" & Me.Type & "MaterialAttributes" Me.srptPKFinishingAttributes.SourceObject = "srptPK" & Me.Type & "FinishingAttributes" Me.srptPKPerforma...

Change column name??????
:rolleyes: *Can somebody help my out?????? I would like to know how to change the column name (A, B, C etc) into a different name...* --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Good question BH 79 , I also would really like to know this and can't find anything about it :confused:. But I have seen docs in which the columns have names instead of the usual a,b,c-labels... Hope someone knows the answer... --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "BH79 >" <<BH79.zrnhc@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:BH79.zrnhc@excelforum-nospam.com......

Re: Changing a block of cells from relative to absolute references
To the kind person that posted VBA code to do this, my thanks. It appears that this is in fact the easiest (read only) way to do this. I sent it to someone that knows a bit more than me about such things (ie something :) ) and they commented ... This is a very nice tidy piece of code and should work quite well... Except missing a vital "End With" :-) Aint it always the way. :) For the sake of completeness and in the hope that it might prove useful for others, here is the code that worked : '**************************** START OF CODE ****************************** Opti...

Sales Report #3

W-2 Tax Reporting Figures Not Accurate

Excel 2007 error "some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a different chart types"
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C75210.F27A6390 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I have installed Excel 2007, and I can't create any chart, the message=20 "Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a = different chart types" keeps poping up, are there any settings that i have miss out? thank you regards kh ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C75210.F27A6390 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quo...

Blank networth reports

Change grouping on x-axis
Hi, Employee LastMonth CurrentMonth ------------------------------- Mark 31 34 Brian 11 13 Jim 2 1 Derek 9 13 Susan 3 0 I have plotted the above data in a simple clustered column chart with series in columns. So I have 5 series in total - one for each employee. On the x-axis excel groups the data by 'Last Month' and 'Current Month'. How can I group the columns so that each employee's figures are side by side while still keeping the 5 series? I am aware that I could change the chart to hav...

eXtender SOP Reports

Reports are not being shown MM07

change domain structure win 2008?
A friend's very small business has a flat domain, e.g.; smallbiz.com. They want to migrate to something like local.smallbiz.com for internal use and retain their public IP and FQDN of mail.smallbiz.com. Can this be done? My guess is they'd have to demote the 1 and only DC, delete the domain smallbiz, then re promote the server to DC and this time name it local.smallbiz.com. One potential complication is they've got exchange 2008 running on smallbiz.com. Will the above process work? Will it break exchange? Thanks, Bob Bob Muzzy wrote: > A friend'...

How to get different windows for Excel spreadsheets
This is hard to explain ... when I first got this computer (Windows 2000, Office/Excel 2000) it came with this setting: If I had two spreadsheet files open at one time, there were two different Excel logos in the Taskbar. For a couple of reasons I didn't like it. It took me a long time how to figure how to get rid of it, and I finally did. Now I want it back. The reason is, I have two monitors and want to be able to make each spreadsheet full size in each monitor. It works fine in Word, but I can't remember how I switched it back on there. Thanks. -- Steve M - unspam@houston.r...

Coloring a group of cells?
Hi, I am using the following piece of VBA code to color cells in column range, M10 to M59, uniquly based on their values. Set rngArea = ActiveSheet.Range("M10:M59") intColor = 2 On Error Resume Next For Each rngCellA In rngArea If rngCellA.Value <> "" Then Err.Clear colValue.Add rngCellA.Value, "MB" & rngCellA.Value If Err = 0 Then intColor = intColor + 1 For Each rngCellB In rngArea If rngCellB.Value = rngCellA.Value Then rngCellB.Interior.Color...

how do I change appearance of 1st, 2nd, etc.
I want the 'st' in 1st to be smaller and up higher...I cannot find how to turn that feature on. You don't "turn that feature on". You format the ordinal suffix so that it's superscript. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "violet" <violet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4EFF3CF-D0F7-4664-AFE6-3DCB546FE883@microsoft.com... >I want the 'st' in 1st to be smaller and up higher...I cannot find how to > turn that feature on. uweee...I love when you talk like that. "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <j...

Saving Reports

Insert row, table to table
Hi, As I cannot use INSERT INTO with values specified to WHERE. I have created an interim temporary table where the record contains two text strings.Now I want to be able to take those text strings and append to the correct table where the record is set by an ID number. First_Name = Fred Last_Name = Jones Its a new contact so it is too be added to a customer with an ID = 1375 Now I can't use the following sql statement strsql = "INSERT INTO [tblCUSTCONTACTS] ( [FIRST_NAME], [LAST_NAME] ) " _ & " VALUES (""" & strFirst & "&...

One client (Server 2k8-R2/HyperV) will not sync with DPM
We have been running DPM successfully for about a year now without any major problems. Recently we added a new server - a fairly robust PowerEdge that will be housing 4 HyperV VMs. For whatever reason, I can't get anything but the HyperV "Initial Store" to sync correctly. I thought initially it might be a problem with the HyperV machines, but it also fails to back up a small directory of files on the host drive. The oddest part about this is I really don't get an error. It will try an initial sync and run for a day or two and show very minimal data tr...