IIf works in query but not in report

Does the IIf function work differently in queries from the way it works in
reports?

For example, this works in a query:

lastName: IIf([Last]="Smith",Null,([Last]))

(I can hid the last name "Smith" in the lastName field.)

However, I cannot use the same IIf as a control source in a report.  It
generates a circular reference error message.

= IIf([Last]="Smith",Null,([Last]))

(If the name is not "Smith", then print it.)

Is this just how IIf works?

Formulas stopped working
I have a spreadsheet with several formla calcs that worked fine yesterday, but not today. I've checked Auto Calc and it is on. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. -- Keith What happens when you hit [F9] !? Micky "Nascarfan88" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with several formla calcs that worked fine yesterday, > but not today. I've checked Auto Calc and it is on. Any help/suggestions > would be greatly appreciated. > -- > Keith ...

shortcut not working
Hello, I use ms Outlook 2003 and I have a problem. I tried to send a written mail using alt-s but it doesn't work. I found this shortcut in help file. Earlier I used it in Outlook Express succesfully. In my system there are both installed (Outlook and Outlook Express) and in OE it still working. Help Jacek Zadro�ny PS. It is very inportant for mi, because I use keyboard only. Jacek Zadro�ny <jacek.zadrozny@firr.org.pl> wrote: > I use ms Outlook 2003 and I have a problem. I tried to send a > written mail using alt-s but it doesn't work. I found this shortcut > i...

Retirement Years Query Calculation
Trying to obtain "Years to Retire" with a query taking into consideration the following criteria: Criteria: If Age is >=55 and 30 years of service then 0 years remaining to retire OR if Age >=60 and have 2 years of service then 0 years to retire, otherwise how many years remaining to retire until one of these criterias is met? Presently have the following columns of information below: (as of 2007) Years of Service Age Years to Retire 33 55 = 0 4 62 = 0 16 45 ...

Repeat report records in Access 2003
How do I repeat report records a specified number of times in Access 2003? I am creating business cards and need to print 10 labels of same record per sheet. Thanks. ...

IIF Statement syntax?
I have a timesheet template that allows a user to enter their Time In, Time out for Lunch, Time back In, Time Out for the day, then calculates the time differences to give total number of hours worked. I am trying to make it so that if the total time for the day is Negative, it assigns zero as the default. Here is the statement that I tried IIF(ROUND((((E7-E6)+(E4-E3))*24),2)<0, ROUND((((E7-E6)+(E4-E3))*24),2),0 Can anyone give me some help on what I've done wrong? I just get #NAME in the box Thanks for the help in advance Mac Could it be that IFF should be IF? Bernard "m...

Group same type of field from 3 different queries
Can anyone help me with this? I have 3 different queries each summing up a value for a given month. Past sales, present sales, future sales, these only have two fields Month and value. What I want to do is create something like Month Past Present Future ------------------------------------- Jun 5278 3424 3454 Jul 5625 6254 5462 Jun 2562 5264 5262 Where it will merge the two values for Jun, this will account for more than one product showing a summary of all sales. Ive tried using crosstabs queries, nested queries, even writing ...

Departments on Z Report
Hello, I have noticed that as I set up new departments and categories into the database, the new departments are always printed last...or below all of the other departments. Is there a way to change this, and possibly have them organized alphebetically or in an order I would like? Thank You, Vicne Perhaps if you modified the department table usinfg Microsoft Access 2003 .... not that I would advise that :-) Vince... is this you... my buddy? Since you don't use an email address... I'm never sure if it you... and then I worry I'm getting too personal with someone I don'...

How do I make several workbooks work together?
I have 60 workbooks from where I need to gather information on a monthly basis. These are personell sheets for vacations, leave of absence and so on. From time to time I need to make changes in the functions that I have in these workbooks, is there a way I can link these workbooks together, so that I can make changes in e.g. a template file and these changes will also take effect in my other workbooks. ____________________ I have one workbook that gathers information regarding used vacation and another workbook that gathers information regarding sick days and so on. I do thi...

Form based on a query
I have a form that is based on a query. The query that it is based on consists of two tables joined by a project number field. The project number field is the first field on the form and it is a users can select a value based on a drop down box: SELECT qry_Proj_Lookup.EDPN, qry_Proj_Lookup.Client, qry_Proj_Lookup.ProjectName FROM qry_Proj_Lookup; When I open the form, I can edit the "Project Number" field in any existing record using the drop down box but . . . when I try to create a new record and select the project number from the drop down, I get the error ping noise and it wil...

Excel Templates / Files as Reports?
Hello, we're desperately trying to find a solution to publish customized reports in CRM 3.0 (we've had the Customizatrion Course, but we didn't really discuss much in there). For us, a report in this case is a customized print-out of the data of *one single* contact (the printed version of the contact that is printed when pressing the printer-button in a given contact prints out several pages and does not help us much). From all we found so far, it appears we have to edit a report as an ..rdl-file in Visual Studio .net 2K3 (MS Development Environment Center) and then upl...

working with named ranges
If I have 3 worksheets (sheet1, sheet2, sheet3) each with a range o cells (1 column wide and varying rows long) named "range1", "range2 and "range3" respectively, can I write a formula to report the content of the 3 ranges into column 1 of sheet4? Thanks in advance, Dav ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements Hi Dave, One way to do this (an...

Application.Evaluate (works with SIN but not RGB)
All, Direct Question: Is it possible to get the Long result of RGB from a string expression (reference Evalute) using built-in VBA functionality? The code below (comments included) illustrates that the SIN function works properly with Evaluate, but the RGB function does not. (See VBE help for more details on the Evaluate method). I believe that RGB does not work because, as far as I can tell, RGB is a VBA function and not a worksheet function. (Also, as far as I can tell, SIN is both a VBA and worksheet function). So, is it possible to get the Long result of RGB from a...

Delta between two tables: This script is one way, but can MERGE work?
SQL 2008. Need to create deltas between two tables. I love the MERGE statement, and obviously, it knows the delta, because it can synch two tables. Is there a way to get MERGE to just spit out the delta into a table rather than applying it? To see what I want, run the script, and look at the 5 delta rows it produces. I don't think I want to use CDC, because the tables that for which I have to compute the delta are actually based on other, periodic feeds, and I can't watch them for changes. I am definitely open to ideas, but the kind that say "Hey, you should con...

I need a work in progress spredsheet
This is needed for a commercial construction business. I need to calculate the WIP on a monthly basis and if anyone has one they could email me it would be a great help. Thanks =?Utf-8?B?THVhbm5l?= <Luanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:D44D2379-1065-4159-94C8-005CDB84F319@microsoft.com: > This is needed for a commercial construction business. I need to > calculate the WIP on a monthly basis and if anyone has one they could > email me it would be a great help. Thanks > Look if there's something here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT011...

Drill Down Viewer NOT WORKING
Hello, I desperatly need someones help....I am using Great Plains and FRx 6.7....The Drill Down Viewer in FRx is not working at all. I am able to export to excel and print a report, but I am unable to use the Drill Down feature. Basically within FRx when I try to view a report using the Drill Down Viewer, the Viewer opens and closes (this kinda reminds me of "pop up blocker"). In addition, when I open the Drill Down Viewer only, and try to view a report in the IO Data folder, the entire application closes. We have gone to such extremes as to uninstall Windows Server 2003 ...

blocking not working
I'm getting scam from Korea/Chaina or wherever but I cannot deal with them as junk email and block the sender or its domain because all the options are greyed out. The function is there otherwise. Is there a solution? "Bill" <gnnh@bigpond.com> wrote in message news:eZ0pej$$KHA.1888@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I'm getting scam from Korea/Chaina or wherever but I cannot deal with them > as junk email and block the sender or its domain because all the options > are greyed out. The function is there otherwise. Is there a solution? I use Mailw...

401: Unauthorized when clicking on Reports menu item
OK, I have fresh install of Microsoft CRM 3.0 on a server and using a current instance of reporting services on a second server. When I click on the reports link in the workplace section I get a 401: Unauthorized. The further information says the the requested URL is home_reports.aspx and it is a HTTPUnhandledExpection. Does anyone know what this error is, where I can get further informaiton on the error (there is nothing in the windows event logs) cause this product is driving me insane. Thanks GJC Hi! Try http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=51BF9F20-BD00-4759-8378-...

Response.Redirect Not Working
Am needing to make use of Response.Redirect in my FP 2002 application. All other (Response.xxxxxxx) codes seem to work, but not Redirect. Any thoughts??? Thank You Sorry...this needs to go in FrontPage BB. >-----Original Message----- >Am needing to make use of Response.Redirect in my FP 2002 >application. All other (Response.xxxxxxx) codes seem to >work, but not Redirect. Any thoughts??? Thank You >. > ...

OWA only works inside LAN
We have recently upgraded successfully from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. In Exchange 5.5 we did not use OWA. Now in Exchange 2003, we need OWA. We configured everything according to the book, and everything works fine, as long as we are logged into our LAN network. However, from outside, we cannot access OWA as our domain is behind a firewall. I have a feeling our firewall is blocking something. Would appreciate instructions (step by step, please - I'm new to this) as to how to set things up so that our users can access their email from outside the LAN. Thanks in advance. Your fire...

Horray! it's working!!!! just had to let someone know...
please forgive my excitement! RMS is installed! All reports, receipt, funtion keys, etc are now online and functioning! Finally, I can move on to my next big hurdle - migrate our exchange, domain controller and active directory to a new machine... i love challenges!!! -- My THANKS to everyone on this forum! Randy ...

is this query really too complex?
hello I am getting the error message that this is too complex! Can this be right? A limit on the number of IIFs? Is there another way of doing this? RenewalCost: IIF([1118] and [type]="a",100, IIF([1118] and [type]="c",60, IIF([1118] and [type]="d",130, IIF([1116] and [type]="a",85, IIF([1116] and [type]="c",50, IIF([1116] and [type]="d",100, IIF([1618] and [type]="a",85, IIF([1618] and [type]="c",50, IIF([1618] and [type]="d",100, IIF([1118plus] and [type]="a",100, IIF([1118plus] and [type]...

exchange reports acct locked out, but it isn't???
Running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on an NT4 SP6 PDC. I can see in the application event log an event of 13003 for MSExchangePop3 Authentication: Logon attempt from xx.xx.xx.xx to UserName has failed: HrLookupCredentials() call failed with error The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to. I checked in the NT4 User Manager, and that account is NOT locked out. How can I resolve this? I'm not having this problem with other accounts. -- Thanks in advance, Les Caudle ...

TransferSpreadsheet and NamedRange; not working!
The Microsoft Access database engine could not find the object ‘TransposedSheet$RyanRange’. Make sure the object exists and that you spell it and spell the path name correctly. Here is the code that produces the error: Function ImportFctn() On Error GoTo ImportRVP_Err DoCmd.SetWarnings False DoCmd.RunSQL ("DELETE * FROM [SharePrices];") DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, 8, "SharePrices", "C:\Documents and Settings\ThinkPad\Desktop\Historical Stock Prices.xlsm", True, "TransposedSheet!RyanRange" DoCmd.SetWarnings True ...

Aliases not working
When I enter a Aliases for a product. I can not get it to work when I type in the Aliase in the POS using the Lookup am I doing something wrong? How do I find a Aliase? This getting frustrating because I really need to be able have to numbers that I can look up for the same product yhike wrote: > When I enter a Aliases for a product. I can not get it to work when I type > in the Aliase in the POS using the Lookup am I doing something wrong? How do > I find a Aliase? This getting frustrating because I really need to be able > have to numbers that I can look up for the same ...

Work to Excel
Can I import Ms Works spread sheet to Excel 2007 In Vista ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9a6295a6-c821-45dd-bb27-4dbe4ae805e1&dg=microsoft.public.excel.newusers 2007 doesn't seem ...