Hyperlink created in Access does not function when printed to pdf

I have a database in Access 2007 in which I created a field that hyperlinks
to Google Maps for an office location.  In Access database, the hyperlink
works perfectly.  When I print the report to Adobe PDF, the link cannot be
accessed.  I have a similar field that opens our e-mail program and generates
an e-mail.  THAT works, but the hyperlink does not.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

You could use a different pdf printer driver.  For example win2pdf will take
any text that looks like a hyperlink and change it to an actual hyperlink in
the pdf file.

I assume the "out of the box" pdf capabilities do not work as well.

HTH,

--
Mark Andrews
RPT Software

"therube43" <therube43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a database in Access 2007 in which I created a field that
> hyperlinks
> to Google Maps for an office location.  In Access database, the hyperlink
> works perfectly.  When I print the report to Adobe PDF, the link cannot be
> accessed.  I have a similar field that opens our e-mail program and
> generates
> an e-mail.  THAT works, but the hyperlink does not.
>
> I hope this makes sense.
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
Mark
5/18/2010 12:28:19 PM
I've had some luck with the "Save as PDF or XPS" optional plug-in for Office
2007. Saving a report as a PDF that way seems to preserve hyperlink
functionality, even though printing to AdobePDF does not.
--
Marvin Long, Jr.

"therube43" wrote:

> I have a database in Access 2007 in which I created a field that hyperlinks
> to Google Maps for an office location.  In Access database, the hyperlink
> works perfectly.  When I print the report to Adobe PDF, the link cannot be
> accessed.  I have a similar field that opens our e-mail program and generates
> an e-mail.  THAT works, but the hyperlink does not.
>
> I hope this makes sense.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Using Access 97 and Access 2003 on same computer
Access 2003 gives me a "Microsoft Visual Basic" dialog "Object library not registered". Clicking help gets me Access 2003's help file which says to reregister the application. I have a standalone version of Access 97 that I've been using for years. Last year I installed Office 2003 Professional, but kept Access 97 and have been using Access 97 ever since. My husband also has Visual Studio .NET 2003 installed on our computer. Now I want to use Access 2003 for a new database (and VBA), but keep Access 97 for my old ones. (I don't have the time to ...

printing #16
I have seen that margins can be a bit of trouble. I am trying to have my design bleed to the edge of the page. I have been informed by a printing company that the average printer will not do this. He told me to tell my publication that I was printing on an 8 1/2 by 11 and tell my printer to print it on a tabloid size page. I have done this and it prints the publication small. Does anyone know or even understand where I am with this printing problem? I want to have full color all the way to the edgeof my brochure, but my printer has default margins in it and will not allow this to ...

Cannot create dynamic entity
Hi! I want to create a dynamic entity like a quote, but I always get an exception: Server was unable to process request. I have admin rules... If I want to create a quote directly, I have to set name, pricelevel and account. So I did with the properties for the dynamic entity. so, what's the problem? Maybe you can help me? Here's the code: // Create the account object. account account = new account(); account.name = "Fourth Coffee"; // Create the target object for the request. TargetCreateAccount target = new TargetCreateAccount(); target.Account = account; // Create ...

ShellExecute "printto" to print HTML directly
Hi there, I am trying to print a HTML using ShellExecute and passing "printto" as option/verb. This is Windows XP and I use VC 7.1 (I believe that doesn't matter much in this case) I have tried serveral different ways of doing it and I can not get to print my HTML directly without poping up the printer dialog. Isn't "printto" option suppossed to directly print to the given printer? Why is it poping up the dialog? How can I suppress this dialog? Following is my code... shlexInfo.cbSize = sizeof(SHELLEXECUTEINFO); shlexInfo.lpVerb = "printto"; shlexInfo....

Public Folders
I'm running Exchange 2003 on SBS 2003; my MAPI clients are Outlook 2000. I've created several frequently-used public folders and want to give my users easier/quicker access to them by moving them up in the tree to be directly under Public Folders, instead of having to drill down to Public Folders > All Public Folders. I'm always told I don't have permissions. The actual message is: "Can't copy the items. Can't copy folder; access is denied. To check your permissions for the folder, right-click the folder, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu. See ...

Forgot Password
Does anyone know how to open a money file if the password has been misplaced? Was using Passport, but when attempting to open the file, error messsage says my passport password does not match password on money file. Tried to open with previous passport, but no go. Microsoft says they cannot open for legal reasons but third party consultants can support. Anyone know one? Have you not opened your file for about a month or six weeks? Did it report this problem the last time you opened it? (I don't remember the exact date--but Microsoft CREATED THIS PROBLEM for Money users who Pas...

Outlook Web Access #45
Goodmorning, I have some problems with OWA in Exchange-server 5.5 SP3 on a W2K-server which is also a DC. I cann't install SP4 because this errormessage: Self registration of the DLL c:\winnt\Profiles\Administrator\windows\system32\cdonts.dll failed : 0d and Processing file d:\eng\server\setup\i386\\cdo.ins , at or near line 7 ''the specified module could not be found" I don't understand, the ..system32.. subdirectory in the first error doesn't exists (and I have made the hidden directories visible). What is wrong here? Thanks. John Ask in an Exchange ...

hyperlink #4
Hello, I have. a spreadsheet with 300+ records. One column has website addresses. How can I format those cells so that when I click on the web address, it will go to the websites? I know Excel explains it but I'm not understanding it. if someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Mindy Mindy Select the cells, hit F2 and ENTER as many times as needed to roll through the range and change to hyperlinks. Whole column at a time use this macro from David McRitchie. Sub MakeHyperlinks() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _ ...

Hyperlinks
I have a spreadsheet that is 3604 rows & 6 columns. Column E has only hyperlinks to URL's. I have filtered my data via column B. I tried to A-Z Column A. When I do, the hyperlinks do not stay with the data. The mask looks correct but when you scroll over the hyperlink you see a completely different URL.????? Can anyone tell me how to make sure the Hyperlink keeps the correct URL when filtering and sorting the data. Try using the =HYPERLINK() worksheet function Tim "LeisaA" <LeisaA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3362C55C-FBA2-43...

Three questions about sending an email with Access and Outlook 200
I am using Office 2007 on two computers. I want to send an email from an Access program via Outlook. On one computer I am successful. On the second computer I fail. As far as I know the installations of Outlook and Access on the machines are identical. (Obviously this is not true because of the success/fail difference.) My first question is: Instead of using Outlook, is there some other object that I can use to send an email besides Outlook. My Access database contains a table with a list of the email addresses. My email body is: "See attached." and I attach a f...

Function Help #4
Is there a way I can use a function that will change the colour of required cells to say, red?? e.g. using the IF, if two cells do not have the same value a selected cell will change colour to red, to act as an alert. There is a way: check out conditional formatting in the Help feature. <Format><Conditonal format> is good for this formula is =C1<>D1 and set format as you want it. "Stuart" wrote: > Is there a way I can use a function that will change the colour of required > cells to say, red?? e.g. using the IF, if two cells do not have the same &g...

How to stop access confirmation in Outlook
When I try to sync my PDA/Phone with Outlook (2000) it ask for me to allow access for 'x' number of munites. How do I stop this request? Thanks Clive Try updating your PDA sync software. (If the PDA uses Activesync, upgrade to 3.7x) And if you are curious to know how/why you are getting the prompt, see the following links. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/admin.htm -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Clive" <someone@NOTHANKS.com> wrote i...

Creating a price list (report)
I have posted this question twice already, but it still hasn't shown up, so here goes again! - (sorry if you have read it already) I have imported data from "Navicat MySQL", from which I would like to create a categorised price list. Simple, I hear you say, but not so. The data categories I am using are: Category Sub Category RefNumber Range Product Size/Length 2007 UK Price Active (true / false) I created a query, so that only the true (available) products were listed. From this I tried to create the price list using the report wizard. When I get to the part to categor...

Create just an email user
How do I create an AD user that may be used only to access its mailbox (and not to login to a client computer)? What about removing it from "Domain Users"? Thanks! You can't. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Gaspar" <noreply@nospamplease.com> wrote in message news:uxLkgA6kKHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How do I create an AD user that may be used only to access its mailbox > (and not to login to a client computer)? > What about removing it from "Domain ...

Create inventory-like database?
I want to be able to create an inventory database for the weights of items that I have in stock. I keep items in stock in 2 different sizes so I would need to keep both of them in the database. I already have it broken down in an excel sheet so if there is a way to just import it...that would be great. Lastly, I would want to be able to search the style #, and then it would give me the resulting Weight in size 6 and 10. My excel sheet currently looks like this: Style # Weight Size 6 Weight Size 10 abc 1.1 1.5 def 1.5 2...

Excel 2000 Hyperlinks
Probably a silly question, but how do you turn off hyperlinks? I know how to remove them, but I want the entire feature turned off so that when I type an email address it doesn't turn it into an active hyperlink. In XP, you can go to Tools, Autocorrect options, but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. >>but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. Me either. You could precede the entry with an apostrophe. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP .... or hit CTRL-Z right after it converts. Rgds, Andy ...

How to create the shortcut of document on the Desktop?
Hello. I'm creating new document from my template and I need create the shortcut this document on the Desktop via VBA. How to do it? Thank you very much. Look at the following to create shell shortcuts: http://officeone.mvps.org/vba/create_shell_shortcuts.html - Chirag PowerShow - View multiple PowerPoint slide shows simultaneously http://officeone.mvps.org/powershow/powershow.html "avkokin" <avkokin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:76d7e9e5-4f74-4b33-9ce5-359cdec62a78@r11g2000yqa.googlegroups.com... > Hello. > I'm creating new document fro...

Hyperlinks and e-mail
I want to be able to send an e-mail as a result of a vlookup. so if I have the name in Col A,the email address in Col B,the case number in Col C and the Vlookup formula on a different page I want to be able to lookup the name and also get the email hyperlink, with the case number included in the subject field. Then I need to automate that process with a Macro.......... Ade Hi not quite sure this is what you want but for mailing macros have a look at Ron's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ade wrote: > I want to be able to send a...

Can you hyperlink to a hyperlink?
I'm am having trouble linking/referencing a cell that contains another hyperlink. There is a master list on one tab, that has hyperlinks to all documents listed. Our other tabs (within the same spreadsheet) contain the same information that is stored in the master list tab, but specific to a group. (i.e. a training tab, lists only the training documents) The idea is to maintain only the hyperlink on the master list page, but allow others to click of the hyperlink to a document on their specific group tab, and it would open the document. Originally, I just used the &q...

Hyperlinking images
I have a worksheet with several columns. One of the columns is entitled image which I've hyperlinked to image files. I thought that if I were to email this worksheet to someone else that my images would go along with it. Not happening. How do I set it up, so that the images are embedded on each row as a file name and if I email it to someone, all of the images are transferred also. I know it's a simple solution, but I'm not finding it. Thanks. You must either send all the image files along with the workbook or insert the images into the workbook. Sending ...

how can I create a newsletter using microsoft publisher?
I am completely new to using microsoft publisher and I need quick and easy instructions for creating a newslette. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. The newletter is for a community youth group located in Los Angeles. I just need basic instructions for getting started. Thanks. Select File, New and the Wizard will come up. From the Wizard, select one of the Newsletter sample. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Joseph" <Joseph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7071C57-C525-4C11-BCA8-E67496F17079@microsoft.com... >I am completely new to using microsof...

print labels from excel with title and number
I'm trying to print labels for my tape collection. I need numper and title fields. All data is in Excel Ray, Use word to print the lables, For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source see the blow links http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 &am...

Hyperlinks not hyperlinked in long messages
I am receiving a regular mail which contains many hyperlinks. It seems that, when the message exceeds a certain size, only the first hyperlinks work (colored blue and underlined), but they stop working somewhere in the last third of the message. I see this happening with messages with sizes of 129, 185, 210 KB. But on another message with 43KB all the hyperlinks work. (I can send the mentioned messages to someone willing to suggest a solution) I don't know if the problem has to do with the size of the message or the number of hyperlinks within. But if I break one of these messages i...

create a textbox from VBA
How do I place a textbox on my page and center the text in the box from VBA? The "Circle Shape" example at www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm shows how to use DrawRectangle to create a shape. You should be able to see how to manipulate text in one of the other examples. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm "Lisa" <Lisa@nomail.com> wrote in message news:OM3eSXJ1DHA.2872@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How ...

Select ALL + Paste function in EXCEL XP
Hi When I "Select All" in Excel copy and paste into Access XP, the only items that paste is what can be seen on screen, rather than the whole worksheet, which is should pick up. Can anyone help? Thank you ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...