How to summarize Access query data?

I have a table and a resulting query with 1,400 records.  I would like a
summary page for a given category.  For example, there are 20 people and each
has a number of work orders they are responsible for.  Each work orders has a
discrete identification number.  I want two numbers per person:  (1) the
number of orders they have (a count) and (2) the sum of all the "Remaining
Hours" each person has associated with their associated orders.  (The
existing query takes the estimated hours and subtracts the actual hours with
the result being the "Remaining Hours.")

This is my first attempt at building an Access program. Any help is
appreciated.

Can you provide some sample records and how you want to display these in a
report?
--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"DLK610" wrote:

> I have one table.  One of the fields is the employee number; another field is
> the order number; and another field is the remaining estimated hours per
> order.  I believe you are correct in that I should be able to create a totals
> query - but I do not know how.  Neither do I know how to add this totals
> query to my report's record source.
>
> David Kendall
> Microsoft Access DKS (Don't Know Squat)
>
> "Duane Hookom" wrote:
>
> > Do you have some table structures you could share with us? Can we assume you
> > have a field in a related table that identifies the estimated hours by
> > employee and order?
> >
> > You should be able to create a totals query that counts the number of work
> > orders per employee. Add this totals query to your report's record source.
> > --
> > Duane Hookom
> > Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "DLK610" wrote:
> >
> > > I have a table and a resulting query with 1,400 records.  I would like a
> > > summary page for a given category.  For example, there are 20 people and each
> > > has a number of work orders they are responsible for.  Each work orders has a
> > > discrete identification number.  I want two numbers per person:  (1) the
> > > number of orders they have (a count) and (2) the sum of all the "Remaining
> > > Hours" each person has associated with their associated orders.  (The
> > > existing query takes the estimated hours and subtracts the actual hours with
> > > the result being the "Remaining Hours.")
> > >
> > > This is my first attempt at building an Access program. Any help is
> > > appreciated.
How do I get them to you?  I would rather not post them.

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> Can you provide some sample records and how you want to display these in a
> report?
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "DLK610" wrote:
>
> > I have one table.  One of the fields is the employee number; another field is
> > the order number; and another field is the remaining estimated hours per
> > order.  I believe you are correct in that I should be able to create a totals
> > query - but I do not know how.  Neither do I know how to add this totals
> > query to my report's record source.
> >
> > David Kendall
> > Microsoft Access DKS (Don't Know Squat)
> >
> > "Duane Hookom" wrote:
> >
> > > Do you have some table structures you could share with us? Can we assume you
> > > have a field in a related table that identifies the estimated hours by
> > > employee and order?
> > >
> > > You should be able to create a totals query that counts the number of work
> > > orders per employee. Add this totals query to your report's record source.
> > > --
> > > Duane Hookom
> > > Microsoft Access MVP

You can type or copy and paste them into a reply. If you don't want to expose
employee numbers, replace them with made up values.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"DLK610" wrote:

> How do I get them to you?  I would rather not post them.
>
> "Duane Hookom" wrote:
>
> > Can you provide some sample records and how you want to display these in a
> > report?
> > --
> > Duane Hookom
> > Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "DLK610" wrote:
> >
> > > I have one table.  One of the fields is the employee number; another field is
> > > the order number; and another field is the remaining estimated hours per
> > > order.  I believe you are correct in that I should be able to create a totals
> > > query - but I do not know how.  Neither do I know how to add this totals
> > > query to my report's record source.
> > >
> > > David Kendall
> > > Microsoft Access DKS (Don't Know Squat)

Priority	Employee	Order	Est Work	Actual work
4	531	9306515	100	0
4	531	9299677	40	0
4	531	9399001	2	0
4	531	9306515	100	0
4	531	9306951	20	0
4	531	9306951	10	0
4	531	9282050	200	0
4	531	9275971	0	177
4	531	9275971	300	400.5
4	511	9313639	160	0
4	531	9281967	500	40
4	531	9281968	40	547
4	531	9281968	40	311
4	531	9281968	160	132
4	531	9296292	10	126
4	531	9281968	4	3
4	531	9399002	5	0
4	531	9282053	200	36
4	531	9282053	30	40
4	531	9282053	180	180
4	531	9282053	240	190
4	531	9399003	3	0
4	531	9282053	240	160
4	531	9306952	20	0
4	531	9296293	10	112.5
4	531	9281968	160	152
4	531	9325631	10	0
4	531	9306953	10	0
4	511	9290107	16	0
4	511	9313640	160	128
4	511	9269263	0	0
4	511	9269263	0	0
4	511	9269263	20	5
4	511	9288955	5	0
4	511	9288955	5	0
4	511	9269263	0	0
4	511	9269263	20	5
4	511	9269263	40	0
4	511	9269263	5	0
4	511	9286622	10	0
4	511	9288954	5	0
4	511	9286622	10	0
4	511	9286622	6	0
4	511	9286623	6	0
4	531	9365303	10	20
4	531	9366423	10	0
4	511	9288954	5	0
4	531	9312941	10	0
4	510	9395685	20	0
4	531	9306952	10	0
4	531	9306953	10	0
4	531	9309118	20	0
4	511	9286623	6	0
4	510	9399007	5	0
4	511	9124860	10	0
4	511	9124860	10	0
4	511	9269263	0	0
4	531	9311234	5	0
4	510	9395685	20	0
4	531	9314249	40	0
4	511	9215259	40	16
4	511	9238618	8	0
4	511	9263223	8	0
4	531	9323008	80	0
4	531	9323008	20	0
4	511	9269262	40	0
4	511	9269262	5	0
4	511	9215045	30	0
4	530	9191004	40	0
4	514	9313764	0	0
4	514	9325283	0	0
4	514	9325283	0	0
4	514	9325286	0	0
4	514	9325286	0	0
4	514	9389940	0	0
4	514	9304150	0	0
4	514	9304150	0	0
4	514	9304042	0	0
4	513	9315772	0	0
4	530	9191004	16	0
4	514	9304150	0	0
4	530	9191005	16	0
4	530	9191005	40	0
4	530	9191006	16	0
4	530	9191006	40	0
4	530	9249717	0	0
4	530	9260637	80	0
4	530	9260638	80	0
4	514	9285632	0	0
4	530	9312949	20	0
4	514	9301743	0	0
4	514	9325286	0	0
4	514	9268514	0	0
4	514	9268514	0	0
4	514	9396084	0	0
4	514	9394491	0	0
4	514	9393399	0	0
4	514	9391696	0	0
4	514	9389940	0	0
4	514	9367650	0	0
4	514	9367649	0	0
4	514	9313765	0	0
4	514	9301743	0	0
4	514	9304150	0	0
4	514	9325283	0	0
4	514	9313765	4	0
4	514	9313765	20	70
4	514	9304042	0	0
4	514	9304042	0	0
4	514	9304042	0	0
4	514	9304042	0	0
4	514	9304150	0	0
4	514	9304150	0	0
4	513	9315772	0	0
4	514	9325286	2	0
4	511	9314491	20	0
4	511	9396085	15	0
4	511	9396085	15	0
4	511	9391705	6	0
4	511	9391705	6	0
4	511	9365902	40	0
4	531	9215720	8	0
4	531	9220499	200	0
4	531	9225529	60	0
4	511	9314491	5	0
4	514	9268514	0	10
4	511	9314491	6	0
4	513	9268517	0	56
4	511	9314077	10	0
4	511	9314077	10	0
4	511	9313644	160	48
4	531	9252831	20	0
4	531	9255722	10	0
4	531	9268518	80	148
4	531	9268518	80	121
4	531	9268518	40	10
4	511	9313643	160	10
4	511	9314491	6	0
4	513	9315772	40	154
4	513	9315772	0	0
4	511	9263223	8	0
4	513	9315772	0	0
4	530	9312950	20	0
4	530	9314492	40	16
4	513	9268517	0	0
4	513	9268517	0	0
4	513	9268517	0	0
4	513	9268517	0	0
4	513	9220496	0	0
4	513	9325783	20	0
4	530	9391695	80	0
4	530	9366422	20	0
4	513	9315772	40	180
4	530	9388050	20	0
4	530	9388456	40	0
4	513	9268517	60	69
4	513	9268517	120	223
4	513	9268517	400	305
4	513	9268517	400	469
4	530	9391045	40	0
4	511	9313642	160	47
4	513	9325783	20	10
4	532	9307496	60	0
4	532	9311461	10	0
4	532	9301651	2	0
4	532	9301651	2	0
4	532	9301652	6	0
4	532	9301652	2	0
4	532	9301652	2	0
4	532	9302114	40	0
4	532	9304821	40	0
4	532	9304835	10	0
4	532	9304835	2	0
4	532	9307492	40	6
4	532	9307493	10	0
4	532	9301650	2	0
4	532	9307495	24	6
4	532	9301650	2	0
4	532	9307497	60	0
4	532	9307498	60	0
4	532	9307499	40	0
4	532	9308279	10	0
4	532	9309294	10	0
4	532	9311062	10	0
4	532	9311391	10	0
4	532	9311399	10	0
4	532	9311400	10	0
4	532	9311405	10	0
4	532	9311450	10	0
4	532	9301637	6	0
4	532	9307494	40	0
4	532	9301646	6	0
4	532	9301637	2	0
4	532	9301637	2	0
4	532	9301638	6	0
4	532	9301638	2	0
4	532	9301638	2	0
4	532	9301639	6	0
4	532	9301639	2	0
4	532	9301639	2	0
4	532	9301640	6	0
4	532	9301640	2	0
4	532	9301640	2	0
4	532	9301642	6	0
4	532	9301651	6	0
4	532	9301642	2	0
4	532	9311462	10	0
4	532	9301646	2	0
4	532	9301646	2	0
4	532	9301647	6	0
4	532	9301647	2	0
4	532	9301647	2	0
4	532	9301648	6	0
4	532	9301648	2	0
4	532	9301648	2	0
4	532	9301649	6	0
4	532	9301649	2	0
4	532	9301649	2	0
4	532	9301650	6	0
4	532	9301642	2	0
4	576	9275889	0	0
4	532	9311452	10	0
4	576	9275879	0	0
4	576	9275880	0	0
4	576	9275881	0	0
4	576	9275882	0	0
4	576	9275883	0	0
4	576	9275884	0	0
4	576	9275885	0	55
4	576	9275886	0	0
4	576	9275887	0	0
4	576	9275888	0	10
4	576	9275888	10	0
4	574	9282003	0	0
4	576	9275888	52	0
4	574	9282002	0	0
4	576	9275970	1200	663.5
4	576	9275970	1200	817
4	576	9275970	60	42
4	576	9275970	80	70
4	576	9275972	0	2
4	576	9275970	0	0
4	576	9275970	0	0
4	578	9253572	5	0
4	506	9282052	0	0
4	506	9198085	40	0
4	506	9154982	20	0
4	506	9154982	20	5
4	576	9275888	52.5	48.5
4	510	9288899	4	0
4	532	9311463	10	0
4	532	9313472	80	198.5
4	532	9313472	80	20
4	532	9313472	10	4
4	532	9315012	10	0
4	532	9315013	10	0
4	532	9315025	10	0
4	532	9315049	10	0
4	532	9315134	10	0
4	532	9315137	10	0
4	532	9315878	10	0
4	532	9315878	4	0
4	574	9282051	0	0
4	510	9288899	4	0
4	532	9308276	10	0
4	510	9249047	4	0
4	510	9249047	4	0
4	510	9191265	40	0
4	509	9391694	0	0
4	509	9391693	0	0
4	509	9391692	0	0
4	509	9391691	0	0
4	507	9314643	12	0
4	532	9296207	0	0
4	532	9296208	0	0
4	570	9195301	0	0
4	574	9281969	0	0
4	532	9315878	4	0
4	510	9313645	300	166.5
4	532	9296208	20	0
4	532	9296209	8	0
4	532	9296209	8	0
4	532	9296209	8	4
4	532	9253862	2	0
4	532	9296209	8	0
4	532	9301587	2	0
4	510	9306674	15	0
4	532	9296208	20	12
4	532	9098458	10	0
4	532	9301636	2	0
4	531	9281968	0	0
4	532	9301587	6	0
4	532	9308280	10	0
4	532	9301587	2	0
4	532	9256533	10	0
4	532	9296209	8	0
4	532	9296207	10	39
4	532	9201186	4	0
4	532	9201186	10	0
4	532	9201186	4	0
4	532	9198248	10	0
4	510	9306674	0	0
4	510	9306674	0	0
4	510	9313641	300	196
4	532	9179569	10	0
4	532	9296207	10	56
4	532	9179569	10	0
4	532	9296207	10	6
4	532	9296207	10	0
4	532	9296207	10	0
4	532	9198184	10	1
4	532	9198086	40	0
4	532	9198084	40	0
4	532	9098458	4	0
4	510	9306674	15	0
4	532	9301589	6	0
4	532	9301630	6	0
4	532	9301633	2	0
4	532	9301630	2	0
4	532	9301631	6	0
4	532	9301631	2	0
4	532	9301633	6	0
4	532	9301631	2	0
4	532	9301632	2	0
4	532	9301634	6	0
4	532	9301634	2	0
4	532	9301632	6	0
4	532	9301630	2	0
4	532	9301589	2	0
4	532	9301633	2	0
4	532	9301589	2	0
4	532	9301635	6	0
4	532	9301635	2	0
4	532	9301632	2	0
4	532	9301635	2	0
4	532	9301636	6	0
4	532	9301636	2	0
4	532	9301634	2	0
3	506	9297881	0	0
3	506	9297881	0	0
3	506	9324098	0	0
3	511	9264770	8	0
3	510	9270679	40	10
3	514	9323439	0	0
3	514	9300183	20	0
3	514	9201056	0	0
3	510	9325393	5	0
3	514	9200827	0	0
3	514	9300183	0	0
3	514	9366291	0	0
3	511	9246165	8	0
3	514	9375442	0	0
3	511	9238204	4	0
3	511	9264689	8	0
3	514	9391078	0	0
3	514	9304838	40	0
3	510	9210847	10	0
3	510	9210847	30	0
3	510	9210846	10	0
3	510	9210846	40	0
3	510	9227716	2	0
3	510	9227716	2	0
3	514	9304838	40	8
3	510	9230452	2	0
3	514	9304838	10	7
3	514	9303098	0	0
3	510	9268360	24	0
3	510	9236630	80	30
3	510	9324304	20	0
3	514	9309596	0	0
3	510	9322037	40	96
3	510	9181170	8	0
3	510	9322037	60	108.5
3	510	9265117	20	0
3	510	9161920	5	0
3	510	9161920	20	0
3	510	9161920	20	0
3	510	9266778	4	0
3	514	9304838	10	8
3	510	9322037	40	5
3	510	9322037	20	95.7
3	514	9200193	0	0
3	510	9326016	4	0
3	514	9200193	0	0
3	506	9324098	0	0
3	506	9297881	45	20
3	506	9297881	165	31
3	510	9365209	20	0
3	506	9263211	0	0
3	506	9210761	15	0
3	510	9363674	10	0
3	514	9200198	0	0
3	514	9200198	0	0
3	510	9365209	10	0
3	510	9326016	4	25
3	510	9365209	20	0
3	514	9200198	0	0
3	514	9200198	0	0
3	514	9200198	0	0
3	514	9200198	0	0
3	514	9200198	0	0
3	514	9200827	0	0
3	514	9200827	0	0
3	514	9200827	0	0
3	514	9200827	0	0
3	514	9201056	0	0
3	514	9201056	0	0
3	514	9200198	0	0
3	514	9200189	0	0
3	514	9391570	0	0
3	514	9391573	0	0
3	514	9394482	0	0
3	511	9202116	20	0
3	514	9394493	0	0
3	514	9394620	0	0
3	514	9396828	0	0
3	514	9173651	0	0
3	514	9173651	0	0
3	514	9173651	0	0
3	510	9365209	10	0
3	514	9200189	0	0
3	514	9391369	0	0
3	514	9299672	0	0
3	514	9200193	0	0
3	514	9173651	0	0
3	514	9200193	0	0
3	511	9099930	12	0
3	511	9099930	12	0
3	510	9325393	5	0
3	510	9325867	10	0
3	510	9325867	10	0
3	510	9393813	5	0
3	510	9393813	5	0
3	514	9173651	0	0
3	511	9259400	16	0
3	510	9296201	12	0
3	511	9395139	0	0
3	511	9398207	0	0
3	511	9398466	20	0
3	511	9399000	6	0
3	513	9193139	10	0
3	513	9257804	15	0
3	513	9257804	15	0
3	511	9294162	10	0
3	511	9294162	10	0
3	511	9291522	6	0
3	514	9189160	5	0
3	511	9291522	12	0
3	511	9393405	20	0
3	510	9296201	12	0
3	510	9290005	30	0
3	511	9290108	16	0
3	513	9274483	0	0
3	510	9290005	40	0
3	513	9314978	20	0
3	513	9314978	20	0
3	513	9321959	0	0
3	513	9323012	40	0
3	513	9323012	40	0
3	510	9307393	40	0
3	510	9325867	10	0
3	511	9324793	10	0
3	511	9313396	10	0
3	511	9311236	10	0
3	511	9311236	10	2
3	511	9309730	16	0
3	511	9309619	10	0
3	511	9314981	5	0
3	511	9309598	20	0
3	511	9314981	5	0
3	511	9309598	20	0
3	511	9321993	10	19
3	511	9324308	30	0
3	511	9394490	5	0
3	511	9324793	10	0
3	511	9394490	5	0
3	511	9301305	8	0
3	511	9363780	1	0
3	511	9363781	1	0
3	511	9363782	1	0
3	511	9365305	30	50
3	511	9301305	8	0
3	511	9389114	15	0
3	511	9389114	15	0
3	510	9302326	10	0
3	511	9392800	16	0
3	511	9393405	20	0
3	510	9309310	40	0
3	511	9324308	200	45
3	514	9288747	400	52
3	510	9309169	40	0
3	511	9275045	12	22
3	510	9289999	10	0
3	514	9288747	0	0
3	514	9187097	12	0
3	514	9222845	0	0
3	514	9222846	0	0
3	514	9227843	0	0
3	514	9262374	60	10
3	514	9266756	0	0
3	510	9289999	40	0
3	510	9289999	5	0
3	510	9289999	40	0
3	510	9290001	40	6
3	510	9289999	40	60
3	510	9289999	40	40
3	510	9289999	0	40
3	510	9289284	40	0
3	510	9289284	40	0
3	510	9289235	40	0
3	510	9289235	40	0
3	510	9288969	8	0
3	510	9288969	16	0
3	510	9322037	160	192
3	510	9322037	60	104.5
3	510	9285327	4	0
3	514	9282298	0	0
3	513	9274483	0	0
3	514	9299527	0	0
3	513	9363687	20	0
3	513	9363687	20	0
3	513	9363787	20	0
3	513	9363787	20	0
3	513	9365815	150	0
3	513	9365815	150	0
3	513	9396829	80	0
3	513	9396829	80	0
3	510	9309311	40	0
3	510	9309313	40	40
3	511	9275045	12	0
3	510	9311239	20	0
3	510	9290003	0	0
3	511	9275072	4	0
3	511	9275072	4	0
3	510	9290003	0	0
3	513	9274483	0	0
3	513	9274483	0	0
3	513	9274483	0	0
3	513	9274483	0	0
3	513	9274483	0	0
3	510	9290003	0	0
3	511	9275045	8	2
3	510	9290003	0	0
3	510	9290003	0	0
3	510	9309313	40	50
3	531	9397443	0	0
3	531	9391283	20	0
3	532	9236531	30	0
3	532	9125701	10	0
3	532	9125701	10	0
3	532	9125701	40	0
3	531	9399188	8	0
3	532	9241457	10	0
3	531	9398113	5	0
3	532	9247080	30	0
3	531	9397108	20	0
3	531	9396677	10	0
3	531	9396325	8	4
3	531	9394466	5	0
3	531	9393626	10	0
3	531	9393624	20	5
3	532	9311392	10	2
3	531	9399187	8	0
3	532	9267436	2	0
3	530	9363678	4	0
3	532	9309168	40	40
3	532	9303491	10	3
3	532	9301153	2	0
3	532	9301153	2	0
3	532	9301153	6	0
3	532	9241457	10	0
3	532	9285631	10	0
3	531	9391283	20	0
3	532	9267436	4	0
3	532	9267436	4	0
3	532	9267436	6	0
3	532	9267274	2	0
3	532	9267274	2	0
3	532	9267274	6	0
3	532	9256699	20	8
3	532	9285631	5	0
3	530	9395030	20	0
3	531	9392804	8	0
3	530	9310689	0	0
3	530	9310689	0	0
3	530	9310689	0	0
3	530	9310689	0	0
3	530	9310689	0	0
3	531	9099814	16	0
3	530	9396019	10	0
3	531	9147072	20	8
3	530	9394467	4	0
3	530	9393462	1	0
3	530	9393461	1	0
3	530	9390345	10	0
3	530	9389155	80	0
3	530	9364922	0	0
3	530	9363678	4	0
3	530	9310689	0	0
3	531	9312263	10	0
3	531	9387212	10	5
3	531	9386649	20	0
3	514	9200827	0	0
3	531	9363784	8	0
3	514	9222845	0	0
3	531	9323875	20	0
3	531	9093631	4	0
3	531	9323610	60	0
3	532	9324051	1	0
3	531	9297650	20	10
3	531	9297650	100	83
3	531	9244796	20	0
3	531	9244795	40	0
3	531	9238209	60	62
3	531	9189810	10	29
3	531	9152614	8	0
3	531	9323610	80	0
3	532	9399148	10	4
3	532	9398170	1	0
3	532	9399162	1	0
3	532	9399161	1	0
3	532	9399160	1	0
3	532	9399159	1	0
3	532	9399158	1	0
3	532	9399164	1	0
3	532	9399148	10	4
3	532	9399165	1	0
3	532	9399148	60	0
3	532	9398994	1	0
3	532	9398176	1	0
3	532	9398175	1	0
3	532	9398174	1	0
3	532	9398173	1	0
3	532	9309168	220	221
3	532	9399148	40	0
3	578	9237711	20	95
3	578	9367641	10	5
3	578	9367640	10	0
3	578	9325767	2	180
3	578	9315787	60	0
3	578	9313124	8	0
3	578	9268297	40	0
3	532	9399163	1	0
3	578	9264428	10	10
3	532	9398009	1	0
3	578	9143076	10	0
3	577	9202961	0	0
3	577	9202961	0	0
3	576	9237391	0	0
3	574	9397444	0	0
3	532	9399167	1	0
3	532	9399166	1	0
3	578	9268296	40	0
3	532	9363779	1	0
3	532	9398172	1	0
3	532	9383902	0	0
3	532	9383902	0	0
3	532	9383901	0	0
3	532	9383901	0	0
3	532	9375439	0	0
3	532	9391071	20	0
3	532	9365210	60	8
3	532	9393295	4	0
3	532	9363778	1	0
3	532	9324419	1	0
3	532	9324418	1	0
3	532	9324416	1	0
3	532	9324415	1	0
3	532	9324414	1	0
3	532	9324413	1	0
3	532	9375439	0	0
3	532	9397922	1	0
3	532	9398008	1	0
3	532	9397929	4	0
3	532	9397928	4	0
3	532	9397927	0	0
3	532	9397926	1	0
3	532	9397925	1	0
3	532	9389322	40	0
3	532	9397923	1	0
3	531	9323876	0	0

Here is small sample.  There is actually a fifth column that is "Remaining
Work" (Est - Act), but to find a formula, this will work.  I would like a
one-page summary by Employee.  Thanks.

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> You can type or copy and paste them into a reply. If you don't want to expose
> employee numbers, replace them with made up values.
>
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "DLK610" wrote:
>
> > How do I get them to you?  I would rather not post them.
> >
> > "Duane Hookom" wrote:
> >
> > > Can you provide some sample records and how you want to display these in a
> > > report?
> > > --
> > > Duane Hookom
> > > Microsoft Access MVP

The simplest method might be to first create a totals query by Employee and
Order:
== qtotEmpOrder ====
SELECT Employee, Order, Sum([Est Work]-[Actual Work]) AS RemainingHrs
FROM tblDLK610
GROUP BY Employee, Order;
=================

Then create another totals/group by query with SQL of:
==================
SELECT qtotEmpOrder.Employee, Count(qtotEmpOrder.Order) AS Orders,
Sum(qtotEmpOrder.RemainingHrs) AS RemaingHours
FROM qtotEmpOrder
GROUP BY qtotEmpOrder.Employee;
====================

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"DLK610" wrote:

> Priority	Employee	Order	Est Work	Actual work
> [...]

Error Message when connecting pivot table to Access DB query
Hi, I am getting an error message when attempting to connect a pivot table in Excel 2007 to an Access 2003 query. I have set up several pivot tables in my excel file that connect to this access database (and other databases as well) and refresh properly. However, I can no longer set up any more pivot tables to any access db. The error I get is "Test Connect Fialed because of an error in initializing provider. Unspecified error". Nobody is in these access databases and I can open up a blank excel file and successfully set up pivot tables to these databases. Is any...

y-error bars on data points within a series
I am using excel 2000. I am some fellow grad students all have a question regarding an easier method to place indivual y error bars for data point within a series. For example. I have germination data for 10 sites. The data I want on the chart is actually an average for each site, so I would like to put the standard deviation on each data point individually. But, all of the data points will have the same error bars unless I list each data point as its own series. This takes a long time and is quite a hassle. Is there anyway to do this without having to do each data point as it&...

Conversion from Access 97 to 2003 & get a "Conversion Errors" tabl
In Access2003, I'm selecting "Tools/Database Utilities/Convert Database/to Access 2002 - 2003 File Format". I select a Access 97 file and hit the convert button. After creating the new file name and hitting the save button I get a message that Access encountered errors and I should check the "Conversion Errors" table. The Converted tables have the correct number of records, Forms and Report look good and the Queries seen to run correctly. When I open the "Conversion Errors" table I see 2 records with 3 fields. Their fields are "Object Type&q...

How do i add a trendline to a graph with more than 1 data series?
I am almost finished a graph which contains 7 data series. I would like to a a trend line that takes into consideration all the data series, therefore showing the general trend of all the data. I dont have the knowledge or experience with Excel to work out a solution. Any help would be appreciated greatly. Libby To use all data in calculating the trendline, you must have all the data in one series. If they are in multiple series as an artifact of data arrangement on you worksheet, then use a helper column to combine them. If they are in multiple series to enable each series to have...

opening ms access 2000 file question
I share MS Access 2000 over a windows 2003 server.If a MS Access db is opened up by another user the only way I can openit at the same time is by opening the MS acesss program then use the File > Open option.It will let me double click the db file in windows explorer on a network drive but it does nothing. Thanks!"Ricky" <rfidler2004@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:%23qYXCkKcHHA.3648@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...>I share MS Access 2000 over a windows 2003 server.> If a MS Access db is opened up by another user the only way I can open> it at the same time is by openi...

Outlook Web Access loin page (ASP)
Hello, Can someone give some information about creating a personalised logon page to microsoft exchange 2003 through OWA. I have searched the Internet and found information about it but no howto or something like that. Thx for the help !!! This should help: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;830827 "Strontje" <Strontje@pandora.be> wrote in message news:Gz6md.6$C%6.5708959@hebe.telenet-ops.be... > Hello, > > Can someone give some information about creating a personalised logon page > to microsoft exchange 2003 through OWA. > I have ...

Sent/deleted mail from Outlook appearing when I access Webmail
Even though I delete all my sent items and empty my deleted items from Outlook every day before leaving the office, if I log onto Webmail later on from home the items still appear in the Sent and Deleted Items folders. Can I stop this from happening? Once an email is deleted, I don't want it back. Are you using exchange server? if you use the option to automatically empty deleted on close, outlook doesn't have a chance to update the server before it closes. Empty deleted items a few minutes before closing outlook. If using imap or pop3 and leave mail on the server, do...

Analyzing Data on Different Worksheets
I have a workbook with four different worksheets containing about 10,000 data points of flow with a time stamp on each sheet. Its too much data for me to put into a single worksheet for analysis. I want to create a flow-duration curve using all the data points on all worksheets. Is there a way to create a single flow-duration curve (requires manipulating the entire data set) when the data is spread out over 4 different worksheets?? and has so many data points. Any help is appreciated. Roger FarWestEng wrote: > I have a workbook with four different worksheets containing about > 10,00...

Selecting date specific data from different spreadsheets
I have several worksheets for different places which each have budget information regarding how much ‘Amount’ and when a payment is due ‘Date’. I am trying to create a ‘totals’ spreadsheet which will collect the relevant information from each spreadsheet so I can total the amount due for each month due and if values change in the separate spreadsheets with therefore update the ‘totals’ spreadsheet. VLOOKUP has been suggested but the months vary in each spreadsheet and therefore their cell locations vary. I need the formula to look for the specified month e.g. 01-Dec-05, then collect ...

How do I hide the Quick Access Toolbar in Excel 2007?
The ribbon takes up so much space I bought a 3rd party program. Now I would like to get rid of the QAT. Thx Get rid of the QAT only? Button>Excel Options>Customize. Uncheck "Show QAT below the ribbon" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 16:20:01 -0800, D7 <D7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >The ribbon takes up so much space I bought a 3rd party program. >Now I would like to get rid of the QAT. >Thx D7 wrote: > The ribbon takes up so much space I bought a 3rd party program. > Now I would like to get rid of the QAT. ...

Compare and align rows of multiple but differing columns of data #2
I have a table of 4 columns. One column has county names, one population and the other two have data relative to the county name for the given year. Each year a new set of 4 columns is generated. However, some but not all of the county names are in the subsequent year. Same thing for each successive year. How can I: 1) Match the counties from year to year so they align in a row with corresponding data? What happens if year being used for comparison doesn't have county appearing in later year? 2) Make master list of counties (in left column) for all that have appeared in the data sets...

Query Help 02-14-08
I have a query that pulls usage volumes, this works fine. The catch is I have a list of all of the prices that that item has ever had (price increases and decreases) i.e. Item #300500 prices would look like this 1/1/1999 $4.50 3/4/2000 $ 4.10 7/8/2003 $ 5.56 11/1/2006 $ 5.20 1/1/2008 $ 6.00 I have a date parameter in the query that a person can program when they would like to pull the from i.e. between 1/1/2007 and 12/31/2007. is there a way to have it where what ever date they put into the datefield that it'll pull the last date applying to that range? So it would pull 11/1/2006 since...

WriteXml, DateTime, and Timezone data
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0040_01C5D4C2.CF4AB1D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Greetings. I am using a myDataSet.WriteXml(StringWriter) function (and then using = the ToString() function to convert it to a string) to build an XML = string based on the contents of my dataset. This in itself works great. I am then passing this string back to a PowerBuilder module that is = taking this XML string and doing what it needs to do with it. This is = almost working great as well. It wo...

how to open multiple outlook data file with on click
Hi, I have about fourty archived files. Normally we would go File --> open --> outlook data file --> browse to the location, click on the file and the file will open. As you can imagine manually open the data files will be quite tedious. Anyone has any idea how i can automate this? Regards, Zeeshan On 2/26/2010 4:46 PM, Zeeshan wrote: > Hi, > I have about fourty archived files. Normally we would go File --> open --> > outlook data file --> browse to the location, click on the file and the file > will open. > > As you can imagine manua...

Charting Time Series Data
I want to replicate the graph format shown in the first graph of the following article: [url="http://www.dmreview.com/article_sub.cfm?articleId=1031173"] I think this format would work well for my purposes, though my data is slightly different: Campaign/ Tracking Period /Mail or Control/ Response Rate Jan 30-days Mail 1.25% Jan 30-days Control 0.15% Jan 60-days Mail 2.39% Jan 60-days Control 0.41% Feb 30-days Mail 1.50% Feb 30-days Control 0.25% Feb 60-days Mail 3.71% Feb 60-days Control 0.98% I'd like to have "columns" of line graphs where each column ...

Cannot secure access to mail.mydomain.com
I am a new IT person who took over an already installed system with SBS 2003, SP1 and Exchange 2003 SP2. Also, the previous IT person set up the DNS at godaddy.com. I have no internal records pointing to our internal website or anything. I assume that even our people are directed to our website, etc from the Internet. My problem is that if someone types mail.mydomain.com or mail.mydomain.com it takes them to the Windows Small Business Server Home Page and they can access the internal website!! If they type mydomain.com/remote or mail.mydomain.com/remote then they are asked ...

Validation in Data/Form
Is there any validation function for user when they input data throught Data/Form which was created default by excel?? Hi have you tried 'Data - Validation'. If this does not work you have to create your own userform >-----Original Message----- >Is there any validation function for user when they input data throught >Data/Form which was created default by excel?? > > >. > Data Validation only affects entries that are typed into a cell. You could try John Walkenbach's Enhanced Data Form. It's a free add-in that allows combo boxes, so it could display...

Removal of thousands seperator in downloaded data
I have downloaded data with an open space as thousands seperator, an example is a number like 2 098,67. Excel will not recognize this as a number. How can I remove this thousands seperator so that the number becomes 2098,67? I need to do this to use the data in another program. See other post. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "finney78" <finney78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEE4BBB3-12AB-4DDD-AD0A-F88ADD242B73@microsoft.com... > I have downloaded data with an open space as thousands seperator, an example >...

Convert Shape Sheet data to Excel Visio 2003
How can I take the data information on my shape sheet within Visio 2003 and convert it to an Excel spreedsheet? An will I be able to manipulate changes made to Excel sheet to Visio shape sheet? thanks Mlaw42 Roundtripping of data between shapes and external data sources is a very common request, unfortunately even at the latest version (v2007) it still requires custom code. The caveat is that o2007/v2007(pro) have put a significant amount of new functionality to support this. al "mlaw42" wrote: > How can I take the data information on my shape sheet within Visio 2003 an...

A better way of constructing a LINQ query
Hi folks, I�ve got a LINQ query that filters out items in a database that begin with a number. It looks like this: char[] numbers = new char[] { '0', '1', '2', '3', '4', '5', '6', '7', '8', '9' }; var result = (from i in Items where numbers.Contains(i.Name[0]) orderby i.Name select i).ToList(); Now this works, but I�m sure there must be a more efficient way of doing this. Can anyone suggest a way that I can do it in a more efficient manner? Cheers, -- Dylan Parry What about: var r...

how to save Excel data as ASCII* text?
Hi, How do I save excel data as ASCII* text? That option is not there at all under "Save as" option.I tried copy pasting the data onto word or notepad and then tried to save in that format,but that did not work.Until I get the ASCII*txt format I cant do my statistics on my data.I have my dissertation due shortly and so would greatly appreciate any suggestions ASAP. Thank you, Yours sincerely, Mitali Das. Did you try saving it as a .csv file, or a .txt file, or a .prn file? Each of those is plain old ASCII text. Mitali Das wrote: > > Hi, > How do I save exc...

Business Portal Requisitions: default Line Item Field Access
Suggestion: Add line item field access properties to the BP requisition portal roles and assign them to each user when the role is assigned. Its a real challenge to set up a new user when (after you've set them up in BP and assigned them roles) you have to go to the Requisitions Manage Users screen and set the Line Item Field Access fields. They default to disabled so each user must have the proper fields manually enabled during setup. This can be a pain when a large number of users are being created. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft respon...

Help w/ linking data between worksheets
I would like to set up my workbook so that: if in a certain column on the main sheet code #'s 1-7 are entered, the corresponding row is automatically transfered over to the worksheet related to those #'s....1-7. Any suggestions? Perhaps this approach would work for you .. In Sheet1 ------------ Let's say you have 3 cols of data across in cols A:C, headers in row1, data in row2 down: Code Field1 Field2 C1 Data1 Data1 C1 Data2 Data2 C2 Data3 Data3 etc The identifier column for auto-extract of corresponding rows into the other "Code" sheets is col A: "Code"...

statistic data about procedures
Hello there On sql server 2005 there are system tables which gives me exact data about table activities: select, update, delete, insert... it gives me good idea about activity of server. Is there also activities table about store procedures as well? on 2005 or 2008 Roy Goldhammer (roy@top.com) writes: > On sql server 2005 there are system tables which gives me exact data about > table activities: select, update, delete, insert... > > it gives me good idea about activity of server. > > Is there also activities table about store procedures as well? ...

How do I update graphs automatically with periodic data updates
I am trying to use a data source of 52 weeks of information that I update on a weekly basis. I can't figure out how to have the graph display blank cells on the graph as blank instead of "0." My graph looks great right up to the first blank cell and then the graph plumets to "0". I would like the graph to just end where the data in the cells ends, and automatically pickup the new information as I enter each week. Infinitejest You seem to be asking two questions: 1) how to have blank cells not plot as 0. 2) how to get chart to automatically "pickup the ne...