How to summarize Access query data?

I have a table and a resulting query with 1,400 records.  I would like a
summary page for a given category.  For example, there are 20 people and each
has a number of work orders they are responsible for.  Each work orders has a
discrete identification number.  I want two numbers per person:  (1) the
number of orders they have (a count) and (2) the sum of all the "Remaining
Hours" each person has associated with their associated orders.  (The
existing query takes the estimated hours and subtracts the actual hours with
the result being the "Remaining Hours.")

This is my first attempt at building an Access program. Any help is
appreciated.

Can you provide some sample records and how you want to display these in a
report?
--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"DLK610" wrote:

> I have one table.  One of the fields is the employee number; another field is
> the order number; and another field is the remaining estimated hours per
> order.  I believe you are correct in that I should be able to create a totals
> query - but I do not know how.  Neither do I know how to add this totals
> query to my report's record source.
>
> David Kendall
> Microsoft Access DKS (Don't Know Squat)
>
> "Duane Hookom" wrote:
>
> > Do you have some table structures you could share with us? Can we assume you
> > have a field in a related table that identifies the estimated hours by
> > employee and order?
> >
> > You should be able to create a totals query that counts the number of work
> > orders per employee. Add this totals query to your report's record source.
> > --
> > Duane Hookom
> > Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "DLK610" wrote:
> >
> > > I have a table and a resulting query with 1,400 records.  I would like a
> > > summary page for a given category.  For example, there are 20 people and each
> > > has a number of work orders they are responsible for.  Each work orders has a
> > > discrete identification number.  I want two numbers per person:  (1) the
> > > number of orders they have (a count) and (2) the sum of all the "Remaining
> > > Hours" each person has associated with their associated orders.  (The
> > > existing query takes the estimated hours and subtracts the actual hours with
> > > the result being the "Remaining Hours.")
> > >
> > > This is my first attempt at building an Access program. Any help is
> > > appreciated.
How do I get them to you?  I would rather not post them.

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> Can you provide some sample records and how you want to display these in a
> report?
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "DLK610" wrote:
>
> > I have one table.  One of the fields is the employee number; another field is
> > the order number; and another field is the remaining estimated hours per
> > order.  I believe you are correct in that I should be able to create a totals
> > query - but I do not know how.  Neither do I know how to add this totals
> > query to my report's record source.
> >
> > David Kendall
> > Microsoft Access DKS (Don't Know Squat)
> >
> > "Duane Hookom" wrote:
> >
> > > Do you have some table structures you could share with us? Can we assume you
> > > have a field in a related table that identifies the estimated hours by
> > > employee and order?
> > >
> > > You should be able to create a totals query that counts the number of work
> > > orders per employee. Add this totals query to your report's record source.
> > > --
> > > Duane Hookom
> > > Microsoft Access MVP

You can type or copy and paste them into a reply. If you don't want to expose
employee numbers, replace them with made up values.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"DLK610" wrote:

> How do I get them to you?  I would rather not post them.
>
> "Duane Hookom" wrote:
>
> > Can you provide some sample records and how you want to display these in a
> > report?
> > --
> > Duane Hookom
> > Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "DLK610" wrote:
> >
> > > I have one table.  One of the fields is the employee number; another field is
> > > the order number; and another field is the remaining estimated hours per
> > > order.  I believe you are correct in that I should be able to create a totals
> > > query - but I do not know how.  Neither do I know how to add this totals
> > > query to my report's record source.
> > >
> > > David Kendall
> > > Microsoft Access DKS (Don't Know Squat)

Priority	Employee	Order	Est Work	Actual work
4	531	9306515	100	0
4	531	9299677	40	0
4	531	9399001	2	0
4	531	9306515	100	0
4	531	9306951	20	0
4	531	9306951	10	0
4	531	9282050	200	0
4	531	9275971	0	177
4	531	9275971	300	400.5
4	511	9313639	160	0
4	531	9281967	500	40
4	531	9281968	40	547
4	531	9281968	40	311
4	531	9281968	160	132
4	531	9296292	10	126
4	531	9281968	4	3
4	531	9399002	5	0
4	531	9282053	200	36
4	531	9282053	30	40
4	531	9282053	180	180
4	531	9282053	240	190
4	531	9399003	3	0
4	531	9282053	240	160
4	531	9306952	20	0
4	531	9296293	10	112.5
4	531	9281968	160	152
4	531	9325631	10	0
4	531	9306953	10	0
4	511	9290107	16	0
4	511	9313640	160	128
4	511	9269263	0	0
4	511	9269263	0	0
4	511	9269263	20	5
4	511	9288955	5	0
4	511	9288955	5	0
4	511	9269263	0	0
4	511	9269263	20	5
4	511	9269263	40	0
4	511	9269263	5	0
4	511	9286622	10	0
4	511	9288954	5	0
4	511	9286622	10	0
4	511	9286622	6	0
4	511	9286623	6	0
4	531	9365303	10	20
4	531	9366423	10	0
4	511	9288954	5	0
4	531	9312941	10	0
4	510	9395685	20	0
4	531	9306952	10	0
4	531	9306953	10	0
4	531	9309118	20	0
4	511	9286623	6	0
4	510	9399007	5	0
4	511	9124860	10	0
4	511	9124860	10	0
4	511	9269263	0	0
4	531	9311234	5	0
4	510	9395685	20	0
4	531	9314249	40	0
4	511	9215259	40	16
4	511	9238618	8	0
4	511	9263223	8	0
4	531	9323008	80	0
4	531	9323008	20	0
4	511	9269262	40	0
4	511	9269262	5	0
4	511	9215045	30	0
4	530	9191004	40	0
4	514	9313764	0	0
4	514	9325283	0	0
4	514	9325283	0	0
4	514	9325286	0	0
4	514	9325286	0	0
4	514	9389940	0	0
4	514	9304150	0	0
4	514	9304150	0	0
4	514	9304042	0	0
4	513	9315772	0	0
4	530	9191004	16	0
4	514	9304150	0	0
4	530	9191005	16	0
4	530	9191005	40	0
4	530	9191006	16	0
4	530	9191006	40	0
4	530	9249717	0	0
4	530	9260637	80	0
4	530	9260638	80	0
4	514	9285632	0	0
4	530	9312949	20	0
4	514	9301743	0	0
4	514	9325286	0	0
4	514	9268514	0	0
4	514	9268514	0	0
4	514	9396084	0	0
4	514	9394491	0	0
4	514	9393399	0	0
4	514	9391696	0	0
4	514	9389940	0	0
4	514	9367650	0	0
4	514	9367649	0	0
4	514	9313765	0	0
4	514	9301743	0	0
4	514	9304150	0	0
4	514	9325283	0	0
4	514	9313765	4	0
4	514	9313765	20	70
4	514	9304042	0	0
4	514	9304042	0	0
4	514	9304042	0	0
4	514	9304042	0	0
4	514	9304150	0	0
4	514	9304150	0	0
4	513	9315772	0	0
4	514	9325286	2	0
4	511	9314491	20	0
4	511	9396085	15	0
4	511	9396085	15	0
4	511	9391705	6	0
4	511	9391705	6	0
4	511	9365902	40	0
4	531	9215720	8	0
4	531	9220499	200	0
4	531	9225529	60	0
4	511	9314491	5	0
4	514	9268514	0	10
4	511	9314491	6	0
4	513	9268517	0	56
4	511	9314077	10	0
4	511	9314077	10	0
4	511	9313644	160	48
4	531	9252831	20	0
4	531	9255722	10	0
4	531	9268518	80	148
4	531	9268518	80	121
4	531	9268518	40	10
4	511	9313643	160	10
4	511	9314491	6	0
4	513	9315772	40	154
4	513	9315772	0	0
4	511	9263223	8	0
4	513	9315772	0	0
4	530	9312950	20	0
4	530	9314492	40	16
4	513	9268517	0	0
4	513	9268517	0	0
4	513	9268517	0	0
4	513	9268517	0	0
4	513	9220496	0	0
4	513	9325783	20	0
4	530	9391695	80	0
4	530	9366422	20	0
4	513	9315772	40	180
4	530	9388050	20	0
4	530	9388456	40	0
4	513	9268517	60	69
4	513	9268517	120	223
4	513	9268517	400	305
4	513	9268517	400	469
4	530	9391045	40	0
4	511	9313642	160	47
4	513	9325783	20	10
4	532	9307496	60	0
4	532	9311461	10	0
4	532	9301651	2	0
4	532	9301651	2	0
4	532	9301652	6	0
4	532	9301652	2	0
4	532	9301652	2	0
4	532	9302114	40	0
4	532	9304821	40	0
4	532	9304835	10	0
4	532	9304835	2	0
4	532	9307492	40	6
4	532	9307493	10	0
4	532	9301650	2	0
4	532	9307495	24	6
4	532	9301650	2	0
4	532	9307497	60	0
4	532	9307498	60	0
4	532	9307499	40	0
4	532	9308279	10	0
4	532	9309294	10	0
4	532	9311062	10	0
4	532	9311391	10	0
4	532	9311399	10	0
4	532	9311400	10	0
4	532	9311405	10	0
4	532	9311450	10	0
4	532	9301637	6	0
4	532	9307494	40	0
4	532	9301646	6	0
4	532	9301637	2	0
4	532	9301637	2	0
4	532	9301638	6	0
4	532	9301638	2	0
4	532	9301638	2	0
4	532	9301639	6	0
4	532	9301639	2	0
4	532	9301639	2	0
4	532	9301640	6	0
4	532	9301640	2	0
4	532	9301640	2	0
4	532	9301642	6	0
4	532	9301651	6	0
4	532	9301642	2	0
4	532	9311462	10	0
4	532	9301646	2	0
4	532	9301646	2	0
4	532	9301647	6	0
4	532	9301647	2	0
4	532	9301647	2	0
4	532	9301648	6	0
4	532	9301648	2	0
4	532	9301648	2	0
4	532	9301649	6	0
4	532	9301649	2	0
4	532	9301649	2	0
4	532	9301650	6	0
4	532	9301642	2	0
4	576	9275889	0	0
4	532	9311452	10	0
4	576	9275879	0	0
4	576	9275880	0	0
4	576	9275881	0	0
4	576	9275882	0	0
4	576	9275883	0	0
4	576	9275884	0	0
4	576	9275885	0	55
4	576	9275886	0	0
4	576	9275887	0	0
4	576	9275888	0	10
4	576	9275888	10	0
4	574	9282003	0	0
4	576	9275888	52	0
4	574	9282002	0	0
4	576	9275970	1200	663.5
4	576	9275970	1200	817
4	576	9275970	60	42
4	576	9275970	80	70
4	576	9275972	0	2
4	576	9275970	0	0
4	576	9275970	0	0
4	578	9253572	5	0
4	506	9282052	0	0
4	506	9198085	40	0
4	506	9154982	20	0
4	506	9154982	20	5
4	576	9275888	52.5	48.5
4	510	9288899	4	0
4	532	9311463	10	0
4	532	9313472	80	198.5
4	532	9313472	80	20
4	532	9313472	10	4
4	532	9315012	10	0
4	532	9315013	10	0
4	532	9315025	10	0
4	532	9315049	10	0
4	532	9315134	10	0
4	532	9315137	10	0
4	532	9315878	10	0
4	532	9315878	4	0
4	574	9282051	0	0
4	510	9288899	4	0
4	532	9308276	10	0
4	510	9249047	4	0
4	510	9249047	4	0
4	510	9191265	40	0
4	509	9391694	0	0
4	509	9391693	0	0
4	509	9391692	0	0
4	509	9391691	0	0
4	507	9314643	12	0
4	532	9296207	0	0
4	532	9296208	0	0
4	570	9195301	0	0
4	574	9281969	0	0
4	532	9315878	4	0
4	510	9313645	300	166.5
4	532	9296208	20	0
4	532	9296209	8	0
4	532	9296209	8	0
4	532	9296209	8	4
4	532	9253862	2	0
4	532	9296209	8	0
4	532	9301587	2	0
4	510	9306674	15	0
4	532	9296208	20	12
4	532	9098458	10	0
4	532	9301636	2	0
4	531	9281968	0	0
4	532	9301587	6	0
4	532	9308280	10	0
4	532	9301587	2	0
4	532	9256533	10	0
4	532	9296209	8	0
4	532	9296207	10	39
4	532	9201186	4	0
4	532	9201186	10	0
4	532	9201186	4	0
4	532	9198248	10	0
4	510	9306674	0	0
4	510	9306674	0	0
4	510	9313641	300	196
4	532	9179569	10	0
4	532	9296207	10	56
4	532	9179569	10	0
4	532	9296207	10	6
4	532	9296207	10	0
4	532	9296207	10	0
4	532	9198184	10	1
4	532	9198086	40	0
4	532	9198084	40	0
4	532	9098458	4	0
4	510	9306674	15	0
4	532	9301589	6	0
4	532	9301630	6	0
4	532	9301633	2	0
4	532	9301630	2	0
4	532	9301631	6	0
4	532	9301631	2	0
4	532	9301633	6	0
4	532	9301631	2	0
4	532	9301632	2	0
4	532	9301634	6	0
4	532	9301634	2	0
4	532	9301632	6	0
4	532	9301630	2	0
4	532	9301589	2	0
4	532	9301633	2	0
4	532	9301589	2	0
4	532	9301635	6	0
4	532	9301635	2	0
4	532	9301632	2	0
4	532	9301635	2	0
4	532	9301636	6	0
4	532	9301636	2	0
4	532	9301634	2	0
3	506	9297881	0	0
3	506	9297881	0	0
3	506	9324098	0	0
3	511	9264770	8	0
3	510	9270679	40	10
3	514	9323439	0	0
3	514	9300183	20	0
3	514	9201056	0	0
3	510	9325393	5	0
3	514	9200827	0	0
3	514	9300183	0	0
3	514	9366291	0	0
3	511	9246165	8	0
3	514	9375442	0	0
3	511	9238204	4	0
3	511	9264689	8	0
3	514	9391078	0	0
3	514	9304838	40	0
3	510	9210847	10	0
3	510	9210847	30	0
3	510	9210846	10	0
3	510	9210846	40	0
3	510	9227716	2	0
3	510	9227716	2	0
3	514	9304838	40	8
3	510	9230452	2	0
3	514	9304838	10	7
3	514	9303098	0	0
3	510	9268360	24	0
3	510	9236630	80	30
3	510	9324304	20	0
3	514	9309596	0	0
3	510	9322037	40	96
3	510	9181170	8	0
3	510	9322037	60	108.5
3	510	9265117	20	0
3	510	9161920	5	0
3	510	9161920	20	0
3	510	9161920	20	0
3	510	9266778	4	0
3	514	9304838	10	8
3	510	9322037	40	5
3	510	9322037	20	95.7
3	514	9200193	0	0
3	510	9326016	4	0
3	514	9200193	0	0
3	506	9324098	0	0
3	506	9297881	45	20
3	506	9297881	165	31
3	510	9365209	20	0
3	506	9263211	0	0
3	506	9210761	15	0
3	510	9363674	10	0
3	514	9200198	0	0
3	514	9200198	0	0
3	510	9365209	10	0
3	510	9326016	4	25
3	510	9365209	20	0
3	514	9200198	0	0
3	514	9200198	0	0
3	514	9200198	0	0
3	514	9200198	0	0
3	514	9200198	0	0
3	514	9200827	0	0
3	514	9200827	0	0
3	514	9200827	0	0
3	514	9200827	0	0
3	514	9201056	0	0
3	514	9201056	0	0
3	514	9200198	0	0
3	514	9200189	0	0
3	514	9391570	0	0
3	514	9391573	0	0
3	514	9394482	0	0
3	511	9202116	20	0
3	514	9394493	0	0
3	514	9394620	0	0
3	514	9396828	0	0
3	514	9173651	0	0
3	514	9173651	0	0
3	514	9173651	0	0
3	510	9365209	10	0
3	514	9200189	0	0
3	514	9391369	0	0
3	514	9299672	0	0
3	514	9200193	0	0
3	514	9173651	0	0
3	514	9200193	0	0
3	511	9099930	12	0
3	511	9099930	12	0
3	510	9325393	5	0
3	510	9325867	10	0
3	510	9325867	10	0
3	510	9393813	5	0
3	510	9393813	5	0
3	514	9173651	0	0
3	511	9259400	16	0
3	510	9296201	12	0
3	511	9395139	0	0
3	511	9398207	0	0
3	511	9398466	20	0
3	511	9399000	6	0
3	513	9193139	10	0
3	513	9257804	15	0
3	513	9257804	15	0
3	511	9294162	10	0
3	511	9294162	10	0
3	511	9291522	6	0
3	514	9189160	5	0
3	511	9291522	12	0
3	511	9393405	20	0
3	510	9296201	12	0
3	510	9290005	30	0
3	511	9290108	16	0
3	513	9274483	0	0
3	510	9290005	40	0
3	513	9314978	20	0
3	513	9314978	20	0
3	513	9321959	0	0
3	513	9323012	40	0
3	513	9323012	40	0
3	510	9307393	40	0
3	510	9325867	10	0
3	511	9324793	10	0
3	511	9313396	10	0
3	511	9311236	10	0
3	511	9311236	10	2
3	511	9309730	16	0
3	511	9309619	10	0
3	511	9314981	5	0
3	511	9309598	20	0
3	511	9314981	5	0
3	511	9309598	20	0
3	511	9321993	10	19
3	511	9324308	30	0
3	511	9394490	5	0
3	511	9324793	10	0
3	511	9394490	5	0
3	511	9301305	8	0
3	511	9363780	1	0
3	511	9363781	1	0
3	511	9363782	1	0
3	511	9365305	30	50
3	511	9301305	8	0
3	511	9389114	15	0
3	511	9389114	15	0
3	510	9302326	10	0
3	511	9392800	16	0
3	511	9393405	20	0
3	510	9309310	40	0
3	511	9324308	200	45
3	514	9288747	400	52
3	510	9309169	40	0
3	511	9275045	12	22
3	510	9289999	10	0
3	514	9288747	0	0
3	514	9187097	12	0
3	514	9222845	0	0
3	514	9222846	0	0
3	514	9227843	0	0
3	514	9262374	60	10
3	514	9266756	0	0
3	510	9289999	40	0
3	510	9289999	5	0
3	510	9289999	40	0
3	510	9290001	40	6
3	510	9289999	40	60
3	510	9289999	40	40
3	510	9289999	0	40
3	510	9289284	40	0
3	510	9289284	40	0
3	510	9289235	40	0
3	510	9289235	40	0
3	510	9288969	8	0
3	510	9288969	16	0
3	510	9322037	160	192
3	510	9322037	60	104.5
3	510	9285327	4	0
3	514	9282298	0	0
3	513	9274483	0	0
3	514	9299527	0	0
3	513	9363687	20	0
3	513	9363687	20	0
3	513	9363787	20	0
3	513	9363787	20	0
3	513	9365815	150	0
3	513	9365815	150	0
3	513	9396829	80	0
3	513	9396829	80	0
3	510	9309311	40	0
3	510	9309313	40	40
3	511	9275045	12	0
3	510	9311239	20	0
3	510	9290003	0	0
3	511	9275072	4	0
3	511	9275072	4	0
3	510	9290003	0	0
3	513	9274483	0	0
3	513	9274483	0	0
3	513	9274483	0	0
3	513	9274483	0	0
3	513	9274483	0	0
3	510	9290003	0	0
3	511	9275045	8	2
3	510	9290003	0	0
3	510	9290003	0	0
3	510	9309313	40	50
3	531	9397443	0	0
3	531	9391283	20	0
3	532	9236531	30	0
3	532	9125701	10	0
3	532	9125701	10	0
3	532	9125701	40	0
3	531	9399188	8	0
3	532	9241457	10	0
3	531	9398113	5	0
3	532	9247080	30	0
3	531	9397108	20	0
3	531	9396677	10	0
3	531	9396325	8	4
3	531	9394466	5	0
3	531	9393626	10	0
3	531	9393624	20	5
3	532	9311392	10	2
3	531	9399187	8	0
3	532	9267436	2	0
3	530	9363678	4	0
3	532	9309168	40	40
3	532	9303491	10	3
3	532	9301153	2	0
3	532	9301153	2	0
3	532	9301153	6	0
3	532	9241457	10	0
3	532	9285631	10	0
3	531	9391283	20	0
3	532	9267436	4	0
3	532	9267436	4	0
3	532	9267436	6	0
3	532	9267274	2	0
3	532	9267274	2	0
3	532	9267274	6	0
3	532	9256699	20	8
3	532	9285631	5	0
3	530	9395030	20	0
3	531	9392804	8	0
3	530	9310689	0	0
3	530	9310689	0	0
3	530	9310689	0	0
3	530	9310689	0	0
3	530	9310689	0	0
3	531	9099814	16	0
3	530	9396019	10	0
3	531	9147072	20	8
3	530	9394467	4	0
3	530	9393462	1	0
3	530	9393461	1	0
3	530	9390345	10	0
3	530	9389155	80	0
3	530	9364922	0	0
3	530	9363678	4	0
3	530	9310689	0	0
3	531	9312263	10	0
3	531	9387212	10	5
3	531	9386649	20	0
3	514	9200827	0	0
3	531	9363784	8	0
3	514	9222845	0	0
3	531	9323875	20	0
3	531	9093631	4	0
3	531	9323610	60	0
3	532	9324051	1	0
3	531	9297650	20	10
3	531	9297650	100	83
3	531	9244796	20	0
3	531	9244795	40	0
3	531	9238209	60	62
3	531	9189810	10	29
3	531	9152614	8	0
3	531	9323610	80	0
3	532	9399148	10	4
3	532	9398170	1	0
3	532	9399162	1	0
3	532	9399161	1	0
3	532	9399160	1	0
3	532	9399159	1	0
3	532	9399158	1	0
3	532	9399164	1	0
3	532	9399148	10	4
3	532	9399165	1	0
3	532	9399148	60	0
3	532	9398994	1	0
3	532	9398176	1	0
3	532	9398175	1	0
3	532	9398174	1	0
3	532	9398173	1	0
3	532	9309168	220	221
3	532	9399148	40	0
3	578	9237711	20	95
3	578	9367641	10	5
3	578	9367640	10	0
3	578	9325767	2	180
3	578	9315787	60	0
3	578	9313124	8	0
3	578	9268297	40	0
3	532	9399163	1	0
3	578	9264428	10	10
3	532	9398009	1	0
3	578	9143076	10	0
3	577	9202961	0	0
3	577	9202961	0	0
3	576	9237391	0	0
3	574	9397444	0	0
3	532	9399167	1	0
3	532	9399166	1	0
3	578	9268296	40	0
3	532	9363779	1	0
3	532	9398172	1	0
3	532	9383902	0	0
3	532	9383902	0	0
3	532	9383901	0	0
3	532	9383901	0	0
3	532	9375439	0	0
3	532	9391071	20	0
3	532	9365210	60	8
3	532	9393295	4	0
3	532	9363778	1	0
3	532	9324419	1	0
3	532	9324418	1	0
3	532	9324416	1	0
3	532	9324415	1	0
3	532	9324414	1	0
3	532	9324413	1	0
3	532	9375439	0	0
3	532	9397922	1	0
3	532	9398008	1	0
3	532	9397929	4	0
3	532	9397928	4	0
3	532	9397927	0	0
3	532	9397926	1	0
3	532	9397925	1	0
3	532	9389322	40	0
3	532	9397923	1	0
3	531	9323876	0	0

Here is small sample.  There is actually a fifth column that is "Remaining
Work" (Est - Act), but to find a formula, this will work.  I would like a
one-page summary by Employee.  Thanks.

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> You can type or copy and paste them into a reply. If you don't want to expose
> employee numbers, replace them with made up values.
>
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "DLK610" wrote:
>
> > How do I get them to you?  I would rather not post them.
> >
> > "Duane Hookom" wrote:
> >
> > > Can you provide some sample records and how you want to display these in a
> > > report?
> > > --
> > > Duane Hookom
> > > Microsoft Access MVP

The simplest method might be to first create a totals query by Employee and
Order:
== qtotEmpOrder ====
SELECT Employee, Order, Sum([Est Work]-[Actual Work]) AS RemainingHrs
FROM tblDLK610
GROUP BY Employee, Order;
=================

Then create another totals/group by query with SQL of:
==================
SELECT qtotEmpOrder.Employee, Count(qtotEmpOrder.Order) AS Orders,
Sum(qtotEmpOrder.RemainingHrs) AS RemaingHours
FROM qtotEmpOrder
GROUP BY qtotEmpOrder.Employee;
====================

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"DLK610" wrote:

> Priority	Employee	Order	Est Work	Actual work
> [...]

Access 2003 in Access 2007
If I created a database using Access 2003, will it work if I send to someone who has Access 2007? ...

Importing from MS Access problems
Can anyone offer ideas about why data exported from Access is opening in Excel out of order on the spreadsheet? The data is a list of school admissions over several years. When exported to excel some of the entires are appearing out of date order. Thanks MArgaret If data appears in order within an Access database it is probably because the date field is keyed, i.e., no matter in what order data is added it will always appear in date order. When that data is imported into another program, such as Excel, the "key" is not imported and the data will appear in the order in which it wa...

How to Summarize Data in a sentence?
I know I've seen this, should have written it down at the time, but wasn't ready to implement it then, but now I need it. I want to take some various cells and create a new cell based on them, only have it display in a sentence. Something like "A 5 inch by 3 inch green sheet with rounded edges" where the values 5, 3, green, sheet, and rounded are stored in various cells and would of course change depending on other options. I know it's simple, but can't find anything in the help. Thanks in advance Conf. With the data in A1, B1, C1, D1, and E1: ="A &qu...

Converting Access 97 to Access 2003 10-14-05
This is my first conversion. Can anyone offer tips on the easiest and safest way to convert a multi user database which was developed in Access 97 to Access 2003? You can try opening A2003, and before opening any database, choose: Tools | Database Utilities | Convert Database. If you run into problems, see: Converting from Access 97 to 2000, 2002 or 2003 at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-48.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia. Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Jane...

can the navigation pane be sorted in Access 2007
I really am having some trouble trying to view my queries in the new navigation pane...does anyone have any suggestions how to put them into alphabetical order for easier review? Also, I used the properties and description features in the former Access version to identify things that needed to be done monthly, like changing date ranges, etc. but now I can't see these...anyone know how to make them visible? Thanks. ...

Access to MSDE/SQL Server conversion resources?
Hi, We have an Access 2002 app used by 10 remote users who replicate back to a central site. We have recently had a problem with replication plus a general issue with a corrupted central database. We are now going to do what we should have done in the first place - user MSDE for the remote laptops and SQL Server and the central site. Can anyone point me to resources/books that describe the issues we are about to face and best practice approach to this project. TIA, Peter bret "Peter Jones" <PeterJones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:200179AA-0934-4F13-...

get access form in excel
Hello, i've created a excel menu and i would like to call the access form i've created how could i could that? thanks i don't think you can do that. you will have to create the form in excel. sorry. >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >i've created a excel menu and i would like to call the access form i've >created > >how could i could that? > >thanks >. > ...

Smartlist Builder after re-installing Fabrikam data
Hello, On Dynamics GP 9.0 (SP1), I decided to re-install the sample data (Fabrikam company) so I could return to fresh data. I removed the company through GP (Utils > Remove Company), then deleted the database out of SQL. I re-created the company through Utils and it all went fine. However I'm unable to log into the company. I can still log into others fine, however when I try to log into Fabrikam, I get the error message: 'The database setup has not been completed for Microsoft Dynamics GP'. If I run Utils again, it says the companies are all good. After doing some test...

Summarizing a Report
I have a database linked to an excel file for the table. The excel file contains the results for a school archery tournament. Each school is allowed to have 24 archers but only the top 12 count as a team score and 4 must be male and 4 must be female. My report works fine giving me the top 12 and a team total for each school and division, but it does not ensure the gender ratio is met. Any ideas?? Also, I would like to create a report that shows just the schools and team totals, but the only place I currently have team totals is in a report. -- Thanks, Cubbie You w...

multiple headers in data table
Hi, I need to have my data table header row split into 2 separate rows. one for a name, the next row for their position. Is this possible, or will i have to make it work with just the one row? Hi, yes, but it doesn't look that great. Try laying your data out like this and then charting it. Position Name Amt Mgr Student1 2 Student2 4 Student3 1 Student4 2 Student5 8 Staff Student6 1 Student7 1 Student8 2 Student9 8 Student10 8 Actor Student11 5 Student12 9 Student13 2 Student14 6 Student15 4 Personally, I am in favor of putting the data below the chart in the spreadshe...

summarize
I have a question. I have a column with only the figure 1, but many. Some are hidden (invisible) and some are not. What I want to do is to summurize the figures that you can see on the screen, and note the hidden ones. So lets say I have 4 figures that are not hidden and 2 which is. In total a have 6 figures but I only wish to have the sum for the 4 figures that are not hidden. Beacuse all figures are 1, the sum should be 4 and not 6. How can I solve this? Can you help me? How are they hidden? Is the data filtered, conditionally formatted, rows hidden, or what? -- HTH Bob Phillips...

Excel2000: ODBC query from protected Excel file
Hi Is it possible to force ODBC query (Data.GetExternalData.NewDatabaseQuery.ExcelFiles) from another (closed) Excel table to work, when this another table is protected with password (File.SaveAs.Tools.GeneralOptions.PasswordToOpen). At moment I get 'Could not decrypt file.' message, and data aren't retrieved, whenever the source table isn't opened before. -- Arvi Laanemets (Don't use my reply address - it's spam-trap) ...

DLL afx maintain state access violation crash.
My application consist in an executable using a DLL. After some minutes calling the same DLL function from the executable (up to 4 threads do the calling) I get the typical error 0xC0000005: Access Violation The bad pointer this error means is found in this file AFXWIN1.INL where we have this code #ifdef _AFXDLL // AFX_MAINTAIN_STATE2 functions _AFXWIN_INLINE AFX_MAINTAIN_STATE2::~AFX_MAINTAIN_STATE2() { m_pThreadState->m_pModuleState = m_pPrevModuleState; } #endif where m_pThreadState is 0x00000000 and so the app crashes. If we go up one step in the code environtment we see that t...

Access Report 06-13-07
How do you remove fields from a report when it not needed. I tried the below command and it did no worked. this report is made from a query.. =IIf([MTEAM-14]<>" ", [MTEAM-14], RTrim( [MTEAM-14])) thanks.. -- bg Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com This doesn't make much sense. Would your field [MTEAM-14] actually contain a single space? Or, would the field be empty? If you want to find out if the field is empty, use something like: =IIf(IsNull([MTEAM-14]), .... , ....) Whether or not the field is null, you seem to be returning the same result. How ...

Pivot Table
As with a previous question, I have a large set of data (20,000 rows and about 100 coulmns). I wish to select about 60 columns to place in pivot "data" (along with others into "Rows"). Is there a way to select multiple columns (say all 60?) and move into "Data" in one step? Are there add-ins that help with this? Doing all 60 is possible but slow and somewhat error prone. Thanks in advance. Hi Johnny The following code should get you started on what you want to do. In this example the first column of source data is added to Page area, the seco...

Password protection of access forms and objects
How do you Password protect access forms and objects? Read the Security FAQ -- all of it. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/207793/en-us -- --Roger Carlson MS Access MVP Access Database Samples: www.rogersaccesslibrary.com Want answers to your Access questions in your Email? Free subscription: http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=ACCESS-L "Lee_J" <LeeJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8009BC96-0D92-4685-8356-4BAA5F46A2B8@microsoft.com... > How do you Password protect access forms and objects? Links to more information here: http...

MS POS v2 Backend Database Access
Hi, I have a client with POS v2. The database is currently on the integrated HP POS/Hardware Bundle. I'm trying to access the Manager view from a backoffice computer. I wonder how this can be done? Is it smarter to move the database from the POS lane to the backoffice computer? How can this be done? You just need to install SO Manager on the backoffice pc and point it to the pos. I wouldnt move the database to the pc as there's no need and if they are doing lots of other stuff on the pc (internet access etc etc) its probably safer on the pos "Luis" wrote: > Hi...

WhatsThisButton Missing In Access 2007?
This could be a show-stopper for me, is there anyway to get this functionality back? We use this fairly extensively in our apps/help systems. Why was this removed? I was hoping to migrate our front end db's to Access 2007 from 2003, but this may kill the move all by itself.... Hello Tomt, According to the following article, the WhatsThisButton is removed in the object model. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb243750.aspx I am contacting the program manager of Access 2007 for why they remove it. I will update once I get response. Sincerely, Wei Lu Microsoft Online Communi...

Fiancial Summarization & Depreciation Recalc
I have a client going through and chnaging asset lives on a significant number of assets. When running the life method of depreciation reclac, the FA tables are getting overfilled and the depr recalc process on some assets is taking a couple hours since many of these assets have been on the books for 10 years and re-calced a couple of times possibly. I thought of running Financial Summarization to speed up the process, but when I ran it in TWO on Asset 1, Internal Book and then changed the life to 5 I got a boatload of errors in the FA error log. Is this just bad data in Fabrikam, or...

worksheet has 1 page of data but is 84 pages long
I have several worksheets in a workbook but 1 worksheet is 84 pages long with only data to fill 1 page. What can I do to reduce it to the single page it really is? Hi Donna, What happens if you select all empty cells, Clear All, save, close then reopen? Ken Johnson Most likely there is a cell somewhere that inadvertently got filled with data somehow. The fixes for this are: 1. Define the print range to include just the real data; or 2. Highlight, then delete or clear all the columns to the right of your desired data, and highlight and delete or clear all the rows below your desired data....

Mailbox Access #6
Is there a way to tell if someone other than the mailbox owner has accessed their mailbox. We beleive that some administrators are giving them selves access to mailboxes and loging in as them selves. In news:5C79B0DD-30C8-40ED-A3A1-6FA47633622A@microsoft.com, Ti Charron <TiCharron@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Is there a way to tell if someone other than the mailbox owner has > accessed their mailbox. We beleive that some administrators are > giving them selves access to mailboxes and loging in as them selves. What version of Exchange/Windows server? You can turn up ...

Access Templates 12-26-07
Each time I try to download a template for ACCESS 07 I get the following message: "SQL Distribution management Objects (SQL-DMO) must be on the machine running microsoft office access" I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office 07, I have recently restored my PC to a time before the first installation of Office 07. No change. All other application work and templates download fine. I have found others with this issue but the only solution has been to rebuild. Not a vailid option. OS--Windows XP with SP2 Productivity--Office 2007 -- Roy Mack-Todd Are you doing a custom, q...

Mobile access and Outllook Web Access with form region
Hi If I were to have a custom form region in my outlook calendar appointment, can I view the form region with Outlook Web Access or Mobile web such as IPhone or Blackberry? Thank you for your help. Ishak No to both. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007. Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options. http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "Ishak" <Ishak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2667BFB-0AFB-409B-ADCA-A7B9EF3667A2@microsoft.com... > Hi > ...

Passing multiple strings from a text box to a select query
Hello, First, let me thank everyone who has contributed to these forums, you have all helped me create a great database! Currently I'm at a standstill though. I've searched the forums and tried to adapt the information provided in the post "Use wildcard in combo box with multiple strings" however my query turns up empty. I'm trying to find a way to pass multiple strings from a textbox (txtPartName) on my main form (frmCodeSearch) to my select query. The query results are then displayed in a sub form. I'm able to enter a single string that is either a full...

Should We convert to Access 2007
Hello, We have several complex applications developed in Access 2003 by various outside consultants. These applications link to a variety of Oracle tables and are used only for Access reports. User level security is also built in via the mdw workgroup file for all applications. I've been asked to research how viable it is to convert all of these applications to Access 2007. I understand 2007 discontinued user level security via the mdw file. On one hand, I see that Microsoft advises NOT to convert to 2007 if you need user level security: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA10...