How to prevent totals from doubling in printed report

I accumulate some totals in the Detail format event. WHen I vies the report,
these totals are correct, but when I print the report, they are doubled. I
now know when printing, Access processes the report twice. Since all of my
reports must be able to be viewed as well as printed, how can I use VBA code
to skip the accumulation on either the first or the second pass? Also, how
can I determine if the report is being Viewed or Printed?

Thanks,

Rather than using code to get your totals, look at using the Sum function or
the running sum feature in your report.

Steve
santus@penn.com

"Goldar" <Goldar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I accumulate some totals in the Detail format event. WHen I vies the
>report,
> these totals are correct, but when I print the report, they are doubled. I
> now know when printing, Access processes the report twice. Since all of my
> reports must be able to be viewed as well as printed, how can I use VBA
> code
> to skip the accumulation on either the first or the second pass? Also, how
> can I determine if the report is being Viewed or Printed?
>
> Thanks,

0
Steve

Reporting tools
I have been asked by management to recomend a reporting solution that would allow us to analyze end user performance issues. An example question would be "What average daily volume of email did each of these agents recieved in the past week or month excluding certail domains?" Also, "How long did the average piece of email remain unopened in each of these agent's mailboxes durring the last week or month, excluding certain domains?" And "How many messages did this agent send in the past week, exlucing certain doamins?" The goal is to profile a call center&#...

Looking for Source for PRE Printed Barcoded Gift Cards for use with RMS
Does anyone have a source for GiftCards looking for The same type of card Home Depot / Sears / etx has Logo Side one - Barcode Side 2 For use with RMS J home@vmweb.net.nospam J, Go to Google and type "Gift Cards". You'll find hundreds. Nothing special about the cards, just have the serial number incremented and bar code printed. -- * "ParkRanger" <bfgpaintball.com> wrote in message news:%23L3%23Nc3qEHA.3712@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... Does anyone have a source for GiftCards looking for The same type of card Home Depot / Sears / etx has Logo Side one - B...

YTD info doesnt appear on Pay stub printed from Great Plains.
Hi... We run Great Plains 7.5 on SQL and we have been having issues with one of our companies with printing pay stubs. It prints the current pay info on the stubs but for some reason it does not print the YTD (year-to-date) information. This company has the same MICR setup as the other companies and all the settings look the same. I am not sure what's preventing the YTD information from being printed on the pay stub. Any help on this one will be highly appreciated. Thank you and Have an incredible Day. HK Are you using Mekorma MICR checks? Have you checked their knowledge base? -- Ch...

Truncating one character when printing brochures.
when trying to print brochures with publisher, the last character on page is truncating. When I do a print preview it shows me also that the last character will truncate. Is it the print program or something I am doing wrong in publisher? benny <benny@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > when trying to print brochures with publisher, the last character on > page is truncating. When I do a print preview it shows me also that > the last character will truncate. Is it the print program or > something I am doing wrong in publisher? It's your pri...

I typed a footer and then hit print preview, it changed the words
I typed the footer in and when I go to print it, it changes the wording.What am I missing. Changes the wording? Perhaps you are unintentionally including fields in the footer? You would need to supply exactly what you typed in the footer, for folks to determine what transpired. Double J wrote: > I typed the footer in and when I go to print it, it changes the wording.What > am I missing. ...

Envelope printing problem
I am using Word 2002. I created an envelope as part of a mail merge. I had difficulty entering the address field. I thought that I had succeeded. Now when I try to print using "Envelopes and Labels" it not only prints the address that I want it also prints an address that I had used in the mail merge. It seems to be a field in the form of a picture. It prints it to the far left of the envelope. I can't find a way of removing the unwanted address. I don't know where the template is located. Does anyone know how to get rid of the unwanted field? -- Fred...

I should be able to print Excel an entire workbook doublesided
I am trying to print a significantly large Excel workbook and save paper. I have chosen everything that is required for the printer to do it but must change the document to pdf in order for it to happen. Very frustrating and wasteful. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in t...

Display in Report
I have a field named CR, the field size is long integer and the input mask i have as 00\-00000. In this record i enter the case number of a case which is something like 09CR12345, this field currently displays as 09-12345, i want to change this so that in a report it inputs the CR instead of the dash - can someone help. ?You have a field of type Long Integer (i.e., whole numbers only), and you want to store "CR" in it? "CR" isn't a number?! Why? What will having the CR in there allow you to do? Why? If it will ALWAYS be CR, why do you need to stor...

Print both Portrait and Landscape
I have a two page document. The first page should be in landscape Orientation and the second in Portrait. Is it possible to print the two different orientations from Excel?? Thanks! Go to the View menu, custom views. Basically a 'view' in excel saves everything about print settings. so you set up how you want a page to print.. Including column widths, headers & footers, margins etc. then go to view menu, custom views. Then set up the second tab to print... when you've saved the settings, save that view as well. to combine views into a report, you have to use the...

Problems Printing on Legal Size Paper (Pub 2002)
I am working on a brochure that needs tobe printed on legal size paper on my laser printer. In page setup I have selected the legal size paper option, but it is still printing as if I have selected letter size paper. Even in print preview it is showing the letter size paper. Interestingly enough, I am not having the same problem with my laser printer. I can preview and print on legal paper just fine. Any suggestions as to how I can remedy this problem? Thanks, Heather Heather wrote: > I am working on a brochure that needs tobe printed on > legal size paper on my laser pr...

custom reports #4
How do you enable the custom report menu option in the store operations manager? I have some DEF files I want to expose through the interface. Mark, For Crystal Report files, add them to the \Program Files\Microsoft Retail...\Store Operations\CrystalReports folder. Remember no support for syntax or commands newer than CR version 8.5 For custom quick reports \Program Files\Microsoft Retail...\Store Operations\Reports folder. They must be properly named. Custom - <report name>.qrp. Be sure to add a space before and after the dash. Also the reports won't be available until ...

Beware Account Transactions report and foreign currency accounts
This has probably been reported before. But it annoys me nonetheless. So I'll report it again. Env: M04 Deluxe. Account Transactions Report with both base (USD) and foreign currency accounts. Report boldly states at the top "Converted to base currency (US Dollars)." Another great Money lie. Some amounts are, some are not. e.g., a single transaction, expense, in the foreign account: reported in the foreign currency amount recorded at the time. A Transfer between a base currency and the foreign currency account: reported once for each account in base and foreign currencies...

CListCtrl: want to be able to select a row at any position along it's length in report-view
I've set up a basic CListCtrl in the dialog editor (with headings) and i've noticed that i can only select the items in the first column to select a particular row and that only the item in the first column is highlighted when selected. Most other software with a similar display (e.g. outlook express) actually allows a row to be selected by clicking anywhere on a particular row and also highlights the entire row when selected. Is there some kind of special "style" setting for this type of behaviour - has anyone else out there noticed/fixed this problem? Regards, Kar...

Totals from Pivot tables
Hi I have a Pivot table with sub totals in rows. Is there a way to get a grand total in the same row outside the pivot table in the first column to the right of the pivot able You can create worksheet formulas outside of the pivot table. If you give a specific example of what you're trying to do, or what you've tried that hasn't worked, someone may be able to help you. DZ wrote: > Hi > > I have a Pivot table with sub totals in rows. > > Is there a way to get a grand total in the same row outside the pivot table > in the first column to the right of the p...

I put a Calc. in to get a total IE =K12 the answer comes up as 0
My Calculation is $28,000.00 i have asked it to be placed in another area as a part of totals, but it appears as 0.00 (argument is E5=K12) Hi Perhaps your calculation is set to manual Tools>Options>Calculation and click on Automatic Regards Roger Govier G4 wrote: > My Calculation is $28,000.00 i have asked it to be placed in another area as > a part of totals, but it appears as 0.00 (argument is E5=K12) ...

batch printing
I am mail merging a data base from Access into publisher to print addresses on a 5.5x4.25 postcard. I have been successful printing about 100 cards then suddenly this problem:it takes forever to send the list to the printer, the program then goes to "not responding." When I stop the program then a couple of cards print. Previously, the program seemed to send the list to a number of jobs: ie. 10 jobs. I don't know if that was good or bad or should I print directly to the Minoolta cf2002? (Where do I the area to set this?) There is a way you can set the number of records ...

HTML prints on two pages in outlook
On eof my users managed to change something that we cannot re-create. When they have an email in HTML format it prints on two separate pages - ie it is split. When they print an email in rich text or plain text it prints normally. I cannot re-create this issue and thus cannot stop the split printing...any ideas? many thanks Tracey have you looked at the print properties when an html message is open? press ctrl+p and look at the printer config - it probably has weird margins. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Wi...

how do i print a deposit ticket
i would like to be able to print deposit tickets to be submitted to the bank together with checks being deposited. i did not find that capability in quicken, and thought i would try trusty excel, but don't seem to find a already existing template. any suggestions? ...

circle distortion on graph printing
(Excel 2000) I overlapped a sheet embedded radar plot with a drawe circle (centered on the radar plot). On printing the radar plot is o but the circle is horizontally elongated (becoming an oval). I trie several computers and several printers to no avail. What can I do to avoid this effect? Another question: Do you know if it is possible to overlap a graphic object with a char as a new sheet, with the object *behind* the chart -- AndreJRenar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AndreJRenard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getin...

Annual vs Fiscal year report
Have Money 2003; cannot generate a fiscal year annual report only a calendar year annual report. Do up-dated or other versions of Money e.g. business, have the capability of customizing the annual report to a fiscal year report by selecting a beginning month? Thank you. -- John Most reports can be customized to custom date ranges. If you want a more precise answer, please provide a more precise question: which report (by name)? are you using M03 Deluxe or one of the * Business * versions? "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34F591B8-B0C0-43B...

Report Writer
I=B4m trying to customize a new report using Report Writer and I wanna add a new field. When I select the field from the Data definition type window , the option of adding a new file automatically is not available for editing. What can I do to have this option available? Best regards, Ingrid You can only add a new calculated field in Report Writer. The auto add field button on the data type window is only available in Dexterity. "Ingrid" wrote: > I´m trying to customize a new report using Report Writer and I wanna > add a new field. > When I select the field from ...

Jaws printing
Using Jaws to print a selection I used this simple example Range("F7:I16").Select Selection.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True, _ PrintToFile:=True, PrToFileName:="C:\Documents and Settings\David\My Documents\Portfolio Tools\Temp\OB1.pdf" It all works till i open the file and get this error message: "Acrobat could not open 'OB1.pdf'because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been corrupted" etc Can anyone help with this problem. Thanks David 1) What is Jaws? 2) Just by giving a document a pdf extension doe...

fill colours not printing
Hi I have a workbook with several sheets in it. When I fill a cell with a background colour or pattern on the first sheet the colour and/or pattern do not print or appear on print pre-view. On other sheets in the workbook fills appear correctly. Is there a switch somewhere I've missed although it's hard to see how only one sheet can be affected. Peter file>pagesetup>sheet>black & white?? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Peter" <gamma@blueNOSPAMyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:tC9ph.35676$QY6.24067@fe1.news.blueyond...

EBS 2008, TMG and external firewall. Don't want double NAT
Hi there, this is actually somewhat of a double post. As the topic has shifted to TMG instead of e-mail issues (see my thread on EBS 2008 and e-mail issues). If I reset the firewall rules to default SMTP is published to the internal interface of the security server. It is then accessible through the external IP (whilst NAT is still turned on as is default on medium-high security). If I turn off NAT, it stops working however (on the external IP thus, if I forward from the firewall to the internal interface it works (external firewall knows the route), apparently this does use th...