How do I use same date parameters for different queries and report

I'm having the same problem as Gavelle described below.

That is: I've followed the advice and set up a form to have my queries and
reports pick the dates from the form.  But the queries/reports are still
asking me to
enter the beginning and ending date parameters for each query/report.

Also, when i set up the form it runs the query correctly.  But when i try to
run the query (or report based off the query) I only get a general parameter
box stating Enter Parameter Value "forms!FORMNAME!StartDate and another for
the end date.  Everything in my query criteria is typed correctly but
something must be wrong...  Any suggestions please?

Steve

Previous questions/answer below:

Subject: RE: How do I use same date parameters for different queries in 1 r
 2/23/2007 2:11 PM PST

By:    Gavelle  In:    microsoft.public.access.reports

Damian S - Two issues, i'm hoping that you can help!

I'm having the same problem as ccb.  I've followed your advice and set up a
form to have my query pick the dates from.  The report still is asking me to
enter the beginning and ending date parameters for each query/sub-report.

--
Gavelle
Having fun with Access!

"Damian S" wrote:

> Hi ccb,
>
> Use a form that has two date fields on it, then have your queries pick the
> dates up off the form instead of prompting, like this:
>
> between forms!FORMNAME.STARTDATE and forms!FORMNAME.ENDDATE
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Damian.
>
> "cocobear214" wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to create a report of several queries that require dates as
> > parameters.  However, when I set the query to ask for the dates, it asks it
> > for everyone of the queries on the same report.  A single answer for the date
> > is suffiicient for all the queries.  How do I set this up?

The query (and so any report based on the query) will read the dates from
the form provided:
a) The form is open.
b) There are values in the date boxes.
c) You spell the form name and text box names correctly in your query.

The query may get the dates wrong if any of these apply:
A) You have not left the cursor in the date boxes (in which case the Value
may not yet be updated.)
B) The text boxes on the form are unbound, and you did not set their Format
property to one of the date formats (e.g. General Date.)
C) You did not declare the parameters in your query (Parameters on Query
menu in query design.)

More about that:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-36.html

> I'm having the same problem as Gavelle described below.
>
> That is: I've followed the advice and set up a form to have my queries and
> reports pick the dates from the form.  But the queries/reports are still
> asking me to
> enter the beginning and ending date parameters for each query/report.
>
> Also, when i set up the form it runs the query correctly.  But when i try
> run the query (or report based off the query) I only get a general
> parameter
> box stating Enter Parameter Value "forms!FORMNAME!StartDate and another
> for
> the end date.  Everything in my query criteria is typed correctly but
> something must be wrong...  Any suggestions please?
>
> Steve
>

> Previous questions/answer below:
>
> Subject: RE: How do I use same date parameters for different queries in 1
> 2/23/2007 2:11 PM PST
>
> By:    Gavelle  In:    microsoft.public.access.reports
>

> Damian S - Two issues, i'm hoping that you can help!
>
> I'm having the same problem as ccb.  I've followed your advice and set up
> form to have my query pick the dates from.  The report still is asking me
> enter the beginning and ending date parameters for each query/sub-report.
>
> Also, when i set up the form it runs the query correctly.  But when i try
> run the query (or report based off the query) i only get a general
> parameter
> box stating Enter Parameter Value "forms!FORMNAME!StartDate and another
> for
> the end date.  Everything in my query criteria is typed correctly but
> something must be wrong...  Any suggestions?
> --
> Gavelle
> Having fun with Access!
>

> "Damian S" wrote:
>
>> Hi ccb,
>>
>> Use a form that has two date fields on it, then have your queries pick
>> the
>> dates up off the form instead of prompting, like this:
>>
>> between forms!FORMNAME.STARTDATE and forms!FORMNAME.ENDDATE
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Damian.
>>
>> "cocobear214" wrote:
>>
>> > I'm trying to create a report of several queries that require dates as
>> > parameters.  However, when I set the query to ask for the dates, it
>> > asks it
>> > for everyone of the queries on the same report.  A single answer for
>> > the date
>> > is suffiicient for all the queries.  How do I set this up

0
Allen

Reports issue #2
Hi all, I have two different CRM setups, and I'm running through the same issue. It's impossible to generate reports from CRM. Here are the configurations : 1) Windows Server 2008 w/ CRM 4.0, and a windows server 2003 w/ SQL 2005 & Report Server 2) Windows Server 2008 w/ CRM 4.0 and SQL 2008 with Report Server Both Windows2k8 are domain controllers, and in the first setup the two servers are in the same domain. My report services are running with the network service account. When I want to get a report from CRM, I got the following message : "Reporting Error. The repor...

E-Mail Report
I see alot of answers to E-Mailing a report, but I can't find anything to send an E-Mail with the report data being in the body of the E'mail, I don't want to send the report as an attachement. Can this be done? Thanks DS ...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

Auto Input Today's Date
I wish to create formula to automatically insert date and time for each new record created in Excel 2003/2007 database. I've tried the following in cell A6, so when I enter data into Worksheet called INPUT cell B6 , the date and time is automatically entered into A6 of the DATA worksheet, but it doesn't work: =IF(INPUT! B6>1,=NOW(),"") What am I doing wrong? I am using Data Form for user input of new data and don't want the user to input into a date field, so I have created INPUT worksheet without date and DATA worksheet with all identical fields using INPUT plus a d...

Include two different page orientations into one document
I have publisher 2000 and I need to include 2 different documents with 2 differnt page orientations (portrait and landscape) into one document. Please help! Rotate the text and images on one page 90�. Or, create two files. -- Don Vancouver, USA "forest3girl" <forest3girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DADE117-0B7B-4ADF-B4FF-196CC4639ACC@microsoft.com... > I have publisher 2000 and I need to include 2 different documents with 2 > differnt page orientations (portrait and landscape) into one document. > > Please help! ...

using forms

Problems with accessing Reports in CRM 3.0

Using Spanish on Publisher

DATE Problem 04-11-07
I can't seem to store a date. Here is the scenerio. Me.TxtStart = Date() Set db = CurrentDb Set tdf = db.TableDefs("tblDefault") Set fld = tdf.Fields("TestStartDate") fld.DefaultValue = Me.TxtStart Whats being set in the TestStartDate field is the time! I need the date thats in the Me.TxtStart field. Any help appreciated. Thanks DS On Apr 11, 12:46 pm, DS <booty...@optonline.net> wrote: > I can't seem to store a date. > Here is the scenerio. > > Me.TxtStart = Date() > > Set db = CurrentDb > Set tdf = db.TableDefs("tblDefault&q...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

cloning canned smartlist report into smartlist builder
Hi, Can anyone tell me a way to clone a smartlist report into smartlist builder (so we can build upon that?) Thanks! There is no way to do this. You will have to recreate all the canned SmartLists in SLB. I wrote a product feedback to deliver the canned SmartLists as standard XML files that can be loaded and deployed into SmartLists a while aback and you can feel free to join in and vote to add this feature. https://connect.microsoft.com/dynamics/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=360762 Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maxi...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?

Allow temporarily use of right click

Calendar Report in CRM
I'm trying to write a report in CRM that will display data in a calendar format. I've been banging my head on this for weeks and I haven't turned up anything online. I have some dates with titles attached I just want a calendar to display those titles on those date. I wouldn't think it would be that hard but it is. Help! ...

How to use interfaces