How do I force a memo field to print all text in reports?

I created a memo field in a table to hold lengthy explanations however when I
preview this field in a report it's cutting off the majority of the text.
Usually one or two lines are printing.  I've expanded the field to accomodate
more characters but that isn't working either.

Do you have any suggestions on how to force the field to display all the text?

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Memos on reports can be problematic at times.  Most likely it is
truncating down to 255 characters?

Is the report's recordsource a query?  Some queries will truncate memo
fields automatically, such as Crosstabs, Summary, Union, and SELECT
DISTINCT.

This site has some more insight:

http://allenbrowne.com/ser-63.html
0
ghetto_banjo
5/7/2010 1:16:27 PM

"PF509" wrote:

> I created a memo field in a table to hold lengthy explanations however when I
> preview this field in a report it's cutting off the majority of the text.
> Usually one or two lines are printing.  I've expanded the field to accomodate
> more characters but that isn't working either.
>
> Do you have any suggestions on how to force the field to display all the text?
>
> I appreciate any help you can provide.

Have you examined the "CanGrow" property of the report (text box) field?  If
this is set to "No" (the default), then you will get truncation based on the
size you choose for the field.

Printing problem #10
I have a page size of 5.5 x 8.5 set up. When I try to print, one side is upside down. This is with publisher 2007. I had hoped it would be simplified. Can anyone lead me out this mess. I need this publication out the door ASAP!!!!!! Michael in Oak Ridge, TN -- Music washes the grunge of daily living. After you select Print, look at the Printer Preferences and see if you find an option to "flip" page or something similar. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Michael" <Michorium@comcast.net> wrote in message news:72E458E4-E928-4E2E-81F7-B75BBFEA48B1@m...

Working with date fields in a form
I have three fields in a form. The first field is the first service date, the second field is the amount of time in days until the service should be scheduled again, the third field is the next service date. What I would like to do is add the days in the second field to the date in the first field and populate the third field with a projected date. Example: Field 1: 01/01/10 Field 2: 90 (days) Field 3: 04/01/10 (automaticaly calculated) Can this be done? Thanks James Take a look at the DateAdd() function in VBA help. One of your fields will be unbound... it will be the second...

How can I autocopy text from one textbox to another using VBA in E
As above I have bought 3 books in the hope of finding this answer and aslo searched the www till it has now got me demented! ...

Missing text in replies (Outlook 2007)
I am apparently having trouble with formatting for Outlook 2007. When replying to a message, I often see the punctuation marks, which can be very distracting. I know how to hide the punctuation marks (CTRL-Shift-8 or the paragraph symbol on the format ribbon), but then the text I typed disappears (for me and the recipients of the email). And, there are times when I have left the punctuation marks in place and the recipient still cannot see/read what I've written. Help! "Lisa V" <Lisa V@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6086C36C-3927-4688-A99C-98E3...

Disabling certain fields for certain users, without FIeld level security
Hi, Is there a way to disable certain feilds from both the Great Plains transaction and inquiry windows and even from the smartlist, without using Field level security Thanks in advance Sajid Saeed Field Level Security uses Dexterity triggers to hide or disable fields. You can achieve similar results using VBA or Dexterity customisations. The advantage of Field Level Security is that it has an interface to be able to select the users for which the security is to be applied. As a customisation you will either need to create an interface or hard code by User ID or User Class. David ...

XML error "Some Data Was Imported As Text"
Daily, I recieve a 3rd party XML file that I parse in Excel (using an excel macro) and then import into an Access database. Infrequently, the data will import into Excel, then parse and then the routine stops with the error message above. I look through the raw XML file and everything appears to be within the brackets, etc. Can someone give me some clarification to the meaning of the error message? Thanks in advance and Mery Christmas and Happy Holidays! The error message might be generated within your macro - as it is parsing the data it might detect that some field which should be ...

email attachments do not show on printed document
I want the attachments to show when I print out an email. I would like them to show just as text; however, icons would be an acceptable alternate. Thank you. ...

How to print label by using Report Writer?
Hi; Is there any ways to print label by using Report Writer? I want to print some product registration card with serial number on it. I want to print 6 to 8 registration cards on a letter size paper, different serial number printed on each card. Something like the address lable. Can it be done in Report Writer? Kane You can use the Divider tool in the Report Writer to create columns a size the body section to be the height of one label. Use the Page Header and Page Footer sections to set the non-printable areas at the top and bottom of the page. It will take a little trial and e...

Duplex printing separate worksheets in the same workbook
Can anyone tell me how to set up configuration (if possible) to print worksheets in the same workbook duplexed on the printer. I have tried settings in the page setup and with the printer and so far have had no luck. any ideas? Tim ...

Printing 1 of ? pages.
Is it possible to print two copies of the same sheet onto one sheet (A5 onto A4 size) and have each A5 sheet numbered 1 of 2, 2 of 2 even though thy are on one sheet. I can print one sheet at a time numbered 1 of ?, 2 of ? ... up to a number entered in cell I2 using:- Sub PrintCopies_ActiveSheet_() Dim CopiesCount As Long Dim CopieNumber As Long CopiesCount =Range("I2") For CopieNumber = 1 to CopiesCount With ActiveSheet .Range("C12").Value = CopieNumber & " of " & CopiesCount .PrintOut End With Next C...

Need help formatting text
I am using OE 6 to read newsgroups and I sometimes post articles that I find on the web, often copying and pasting articles into new messages. However, when I do this, it formats it in such a way that when I open my posts, the paragraphs are separated by at least 3 lines, rather than 1 line. I have tried adding an additional step of pasting articles as unformatted text in word before I paste them in a new message in OE. It seems that no matter what I do, however, I get this weird extra spacing between the paragraphs. Anyone have any idea how to solve this problem? -- Aloha, G-Ride &qu...

Force Uninstall
All, A coupla questions . . . Suppose I just want to forcefully uninstall Exchange 2000 from a server, and an org. Currently the uninstall fails because (as mentioned in a previous post) I have users that still show as being on that server, however the store that those users were on is no longer there (because of a disaster). Is there some way to force the uninstall? Another question. I have two healthy clustered machines running currently. Suppose I just remove the object for the old exchange server from the ESM? Assuming I have performed all of the other steps steps (like moving o...

Category field
Outlook 2003 SP2 What's the use of the "Category" field ? I gave every contact a category but can not use this field in any useful way. Outlook help states that it can be used to sort and select contacts. But that's it. No nothing on how Categories can be used. Is there something wrong with my Outlook or is this one of the microsoft bells and whistles ? I am triyng to be polite here and trying hard not to start a rant. Always found the Outlook contacts a disaster, made for geeks by geeks. Pol. you can group or filter by category. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Au...

Printing to Adobe
I get a runtime error everytime I print an invoice to Adobe 6.0. What's the deal? The invoice prints to the adobe distiller and creates the PDF. However MS Money crashes, sometimes it restarts itself to the sign on location other times, it just closes. Is there a fix? Below is error I get: Program: msmoney.exe R6025 - pure virtual function call I am using: MS Money 2006 Small Business version 15.0.150.513 In microsoft.public.money, Caddant wrote: >I get a runtime error everytime I print an invoice to Adobe 6.0. What's the >deal? The invoice prints to the adobe distiller an...

forcing user input into cells
howdy all... i'm new to doing stuff with excel have a bit of a background in javascript programming what i'm trying to do is force a user to enter something, anything int a specific cell if the user tries to tab past the cell and leave it blank, i want a error to come up, telling them that they have to enter something befor they can continue on with entry into other cells any help would be much appreciated -Thank -- georgi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- georgio's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=164...

How to print header all page
I create assetNo header (difference number of record for each assetNo) in my report and set keep together for each assetNo. If data in any assetNo more than one page, My report does not print assetNo header on next page. Where am I wrong. Nova wrote: >I create assetNo header (difference number of record for each assetNo) in my >report and set keep together for each assetNo. >If data in any assetNo more than one page, My report does not print assetNo >header on next page. To get a group header to appear on each page in addition to the start of the group, you need to set t...

Text in brackets [xxxxx] after a <return>
Hi, Frequently, when writing a message or editing an answer, Outlook inserts my first name in brackets [xxxxx] into the text, after I push a <return>. This occurs if the message is written in plain text or html, but not always. Where can I find the option to avoid it? I'm using Outlook 2003. Thanks Santistas Dear Santistas, Go to: Tools, Options, and click on the Email Options button. At the bottom of that window, you will see a check box next to "Mark my comments with". "Uncheck" the box. Bob Sullivan "Santistas" wrote: > Hi, >...

Text function multinational format
Hi In one of my spreadsheets I used a text function to retrieve year from a cell. It's important to point put that I use Polish version of Excel. The function (in my version) was as follows '=tekst(A1;"rrrr")' - value of A1 is "2009-01-23". The format "rrrr" is an equivalent of "yyyy". I than had to send it to someone with an English version of Excel. Unfortunately, the displayed value was "rrrr" and not "2009". Is it possible to use this function in both versions of Excel? Kind regards IgorM Ron de...

Copy to new, minus two fields
I'm hoping this is an easy enough question for those with more experience than myself. I am trying to copy all values from a form which has many subforms on it to a new form...this works perfectly with the built in button control "duplicate record." However, I really need two of the fields to be reset to blank, so they will update those two fields for sure. Specifically it's a project update form, and I want all of their updates from the previous week to show up (so they can change only what they need to) but the date begin and date end should ideally go blank, so t...

Printing Duplex
When trying to print duplex from and Excel doc with multiple sheets (18)(and tried new workbooks with less), each sheet is printed on a new page in stead of back to back. The printer settings are correct because Word,Powerpoint etc. prints duplex 100%.Multifunction copier with correct drivers installed.I've also tried printing to a HP laserjet 2200 with duplex option, selecting "print on both sides" and this also does not work.Problem with Excel itself?Is it possible? Mauricio Smit wrote: > When trying to print duplex from and Excel doc with > multiple sheets (1...

Prints blank page first?
I created a publication on one computer (Pub 2000, Win98SE), burned it to a CD, and am trying to print from another computer (Publisher 2000 with Win2000 and an HP Deskjet printer). Ctrl+P, Print page 1 to 1 - and I get a blank sheet coming out first, then Page 1. Same thing happened with Page 2. Did I miss a setting somewhere? Ed Did you try copying the file to the hard drive first and then print? Open the printers and fax folder in the control panel, right-click your printer, properties, advanced tab, separator page button, clear anything it may say in the "separator page"...

Adding text content to Memo field
I have two memo fields, Memo1 and Memo2. Memo1 cannot be edited (its locked property is set to true). So I have the user enter text notes in Memo2, and then I have a command button that allows the user to add the contents of Memo2 to Memo1with the current date. My code is as follows: Me!Memo1 = vbCrLf & Format(Date, "mm/dd/yyyy") & vbCrLf & Me!Memo2 & vbCrLf & Me!Memo1 Now I am recieving an error message: "Could not update. Currently locked by another session on this machine". I belive I have about 72K characters in the Memo1 field and was wondering if ...

Refreshing fields in table cells.
Situation is as follows ... A document header contains a text box. This text box contains a table. The table has a field in each cell (20 fields in total). How do I select all these fields in VBA to refresh their values? The text box (and the table therein) are in a building block that is placed in the header using a macro. I know the cells can refresh because I see the refreshed values if I do a print preview, but I want to see them while looking at page Layout just after I have defined new field values. Field values are applied via a user form and it also here after pressing...

problem is getting data of type Memo from access
Hi, One of my database fields is of type Memo, (access database). I use Ado Data Bound Dialog to fetch the database records. But the data of the fields of Memo type are not retrieved. What is the problem with Memo data type? I need to store an array of length 8000, is there another way to store it in database? thanks, Behzad Look at the GetChunk/AddChunk methods. -- ============ Frank Hickman Microsoft MVP NobleSoft, Inc. ============ Replace the _nosp@m_ with @ to reply. "behzad" <b@b.com> wrote in message news:O7kS77C6EHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > ...

Report Writer and effective dated tables
Hi, I am new to using report writer. I am trying to write a report that will just pull back the latest effecitve dated row by employee. A SQL statement that can do this would be something like: SELECT MAX(effective_date) FROM myTable WHERE effective_date <= Now(); I can not figure out how to do this in Report Writer. Any suggestions? Anyone know if this is possible? "badabing" wrote: > Hi, I am new to using report writer. I am trying to write a report that will > just pull back the latest effecitve dated row by employee. > > A SQL statement that can do thi...