Highlighting a word when it shows up on a report

Hello experts.  This may be wishful thinking, but can access do the following:

Potential scenario...
lets say I have a table with 5 fields and the data in each field is at least
an entire sentence (excluding a PK).  I run a report that displays each of
the 5 fields and the data in each.  The record source of this report is a
select query that finds all the records Where [FieldName] LIKE "*Some Word*".
 For example, say the word is "ship".  This report will find all the records
where "ship" appears in any of those fields.

My question is...is there a way in Access to have "ship" highlighted
wherever it shows up on the report?  For example, there are many databases
out there that highlight your search term in the web page or document that
shows up in the results.

Thanks.

Michael O

Access 2007 and 2010 have a text box that supports rich text, so it is
possible in these versions.

Details:
    Highlight matches
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/AppSearchHighlight.html

Includes a downloadable example (free.)

"Michael O needs you" <Michael O needs you@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:64450321-E7DE-4B05-9313-4F8AAE25F87B@microsoft.com...
> Hello experts.  This may be wishful thinking, but can access do the
> following:
>
> Potential scenario...
> lets say I have a table with 5 fields and the data in each field is at
> least
> an entire sentence (excluding a PK).  I run a report that displays each of
> the 5 fields and the data in each.  The record source of this report is a
> select query that finds all the records Where [FieldName] LIKE "*Some
> Word*".
> For example, say the word is "ship".  This report will find all the
> records
> where "ship" appears in any of those fields.
>
> My question is...is there a way in Access to have "ship" highlighted
> wherever it shows up on the report?  For example, there are many databases
> out there that highlight your search term in the web page or document that
> shows up in the results.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Michael O

0
Allen

Counting words, spaces, paragraphs,etc. in Publisher
Does anyone know how I can count the number of words in my Publisher document? I know how to do it in Word, but it doesn't work the same in Publisher. Thanks! You know, one two three four five etc. Linda, no, there is not a built in word count in Publisher. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. Copy/paste the text into Word. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm "Linda" <anonymous@discussions.micro...

Using themes in word 2007
I'm getting confused with themes. I have put a style on a paragraph of text (list paragrph) and added a hyperlink within it. The hyperlink is blue. I have applied a customised theme that has the hyperlink red and a followed hyperlink green. But the link still stays blue! (And blue whatever theme I choose. However when I follow it and return to my word doc, it will change to the colour I specifed in my theme. What am I missing??! Also, how do I change the background text colours and using themes? Don't understand meaning of "test/background- dark1" in customisin...

Slow opening new Word document
Using Word 2000 on XP. I have a shortcut on my desktop to open a new Word Doc. However, clicking on it, or right clicking on desktop, seems to take forever before it opens. Any ideas please? TIA Katherine ...

Compare and Highlight Rows
I have an excel file with two worksheets. is there a way to programatically compare the two worksheets to find matches and highlight those matches on each worksheet. They both have the same columns. I want to compare the InspectionID column. The Inspection ID column may have duplicates in both of the worksheets. I have never done anything in excel above the beginner level. However, I am a very skilled VBA programmer (programmed in ACCESS for over 10 years). Thank you You may find it easier to use Conditional formatting instead: For instance, with Sheet1 column A selected, and cel...

How to keep different types of reports as favorites
I'd like to keep sligthly different, customized versions of some reports as Favorite Reports. For instance, have one Favorite Report showing all 'Monthly Income and Expense' items and another Favorite Report excluding some categories. So what I do is I first customize the first version of the report the way I want it, and press 'Add to my favorite reports', naming it 'Report 1'. I then customize the second version of the report, and add it as a favorite as 'Report 2'. Here is the problem: when I now go to Favorite Reports and select 'Report 1'...

Checkbox and Word Template
I have a word template with 4 different quantities listed with a checkbox in front of them, depending on the quantity selected I want it to calculate the cost. Example Quantity 1000 $4 2000 $3 3000 $2 4000 $1 Is there anway to get my protected form to calculate the cost based on the checkbox that has been checked? I was trying to do the run macro on exit but the form is protected. I think we need some more information here. I take it those are unit costs? Where does the quantity come from? Where do you wan...

report showing calender entries
Does anyone know of a report that's available that shows the entries in the calender function? Or possibly what I would need to do to create such a report. We use the calender for appointments, and it would be useful to have such a report. On the same note it would be nice if MS would make the calender more integrated with customers and POS. Craig Anyone? I did see that there is a table called calender entry, but have know idea how to get it on a report. Craig "Craig" <craig@cctropicalparadisepets.com> wrote in message news:Oq%23j5wmCHHA.4772@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl....

Make sure no running instances of MS Word
I need do some work which do not want any instances of MS Word existed. How to make sure no running instances of MS Word? Use CreateToolHelp32SnapShot(...)/Process32first/Process32Next and see if the PROCESSENTRY32 's szExeFile has winword.exe substring. -- Vipin Aravind Microsoft MVP "lotus" <hanfeifei@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1137401872.309784.308260@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I need do some work which do not want any instances of MS Word existed. > > How to make sure no running instances of MS Word? > ...

Voting Buttons Not Showing
Using Outlook 2003, I've created and published a customer satisfaction form. The form contains Voting Buttons I want users to be able to open the form and respond by clicking on the appropriate button. Replies are sent to a designated mailbox. I have one problem: the voting buttons don't appear, when the form is opened from the published location.(i.e. Organisational Forms Library or Personal Forms library) Interestingly, if users open the form and send it to themselves, then the voting buttons do appear? What am I doing wrong please? I'd like to be able to see ...

highlighting #2
I was told that although that there is no official highlight button for publisher like there is for word but there are ways to get around it. I am using the 2003 version of publisher. does anyone know the trick. Make a small box and fill it with whatever color you want. Place it behind your text and then group it with your text. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "justin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17aa701c4496a$65af12f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I was told that although that there is no official > highlight button for publish...

highlight
Hi - just switched to Outlook 2003 from OE. I can't work out how to set up a rule where the message is a different color for a certain sender as I did in O! - can anyone tell me? TIA You can set flags on messages from certain senders. You can set the color of the font used in the list view using Conditional Formatting: View menu > Arrange by > Current View > Customize Current View > Automatic Formatting "Daskarzine" <Daskarzine@doesnotexist.com> wrote in message news:3fab5eb8@duster.adelaide.on.net... > Hi - just switched to Outlook 2003 from OE. I can&...

How show table text, not auto id number
I'm in my alumni database CONTACTS table. Within this table is STATE where I have the alumni's state listed. It shows the actual NAME of the state, not the auto id number associated with the particular state. I can't remember how I set this up to show the name, not id number. I have another one that I need to change, somehow, to show the NAME instead of just a random id number. Thanks. To show the state name instead of the number: 1. Open the table in design view. 2. Select the field. 3. In the lower pane of table design, on the Lookup tab, set the Display control to C...

can't highlight cell
When I click on a cell, the contents of the cell are not highlighted. Instead the cell's row and column are highlighted. I can't work with the cell or it's formula itself. Help! Tools>Options, Edit tab, check Edit directly in cell -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "MM" <MM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3883756F-29AC-482D-8205-F61892E8523D@microsoft.com... > When I click on a cell, the contents of the cell are not highlighted. > Instead the cell's row and column are highlighted. I can't work with the &...

Reports not returning correct data
I am trying to run the Top Sales Rep Report in HQ and in SO Manager. The problem is they are not returning the same data for each store. The HQ report is also missing some of the Sales Reps. The SO Manager report gives the correct data and all the sales reps. Also, the numbers are off. For instance, Store 1 in SO Manager might show that Rep. A sold $5200 and Store 1 in HQ might show that he only sold $4800. Anyone having any other trouble like this? Please help, my financial person is on my ass!!! Nick Nick, Try this; http://tinyurl.com/eenud Backup first!! Must have access to ...

Text highlighting in a TreeList?
Using a TreeList in a dialog, is it possible to add some text highlighting to some of the lines, like changing the color, or making it bold? (There's no indication I can find in my Newcomer book that this is possible, but it's a 9 year old book.) Yes. Owner-draw/Custom-draw tree controls did not exist when I wrote that chapter of the book. Now you would handle the NM_CUSTOMDRAW notification and handle them otherwise like most owner-draw controls. joe On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:58:00 -0800, David Deley <deleyd@gte.net> wrote: >Using a TreeList in a dialog, is it possib...

Word 97 or 2000 able to insert umlauts?
I know that in Word 2003 you can press Ctrl+" (quotation marks) and get an umlaut over the next character/vowel that you type. I do this quickly and easily to get these foreign (i.e., non-English) marks-- including the enye. I read that this is also able to be done in Word 2000. Is this true? How about Word 97? The shortcut keys will work in any version of Word. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "PRR" <psaulm119@aim.com> wrote in message news:b3730c70-469d-4fc3-9bd5-0d032361362f@32g...

Search for multiple words
I need a formula which would enable me to search for more than 7 words ( I have at least 20 word) and when 1 of the word is found to display that word. In any given cell will contain 1 of the words needed. 'IF', 'Countif' function allow no more than 7 words.Any idea eg A B hdfjjkduo...PAUL...iuepoipwp search PAUL or MARC or so on- Result = PAUL hhjhwoujiowqu...MARC...ioo Result = MARC so on so on Hi could you put ...

error in word document
Every so often I get a message that word has to shut down due to some error, unfortunately I havent managed to get details of the error. This started a few nights ago after my wife used my PC so suspect maybe something she has done. Is there anything I can do or try to correct this, at least until I can try and get the error message. What happens is I am typing away and the out of the blue it `errors` and has to shut down and I lose most of the work. It does not appear to happen every time. Any guidance apprecitaed. thanks While others are figuring out what went wr...

How to turn off highlighting??
After opening Excel (everytime) the first cell I select becomes an acho for a mass highlighted block. Regardless of where I take the cursor all of the cells within the range of travel become highlighted. Al soft keys are dead (so I can't activate help). Can not "ESC" out. Ca only Cntl-Alt-Del and close program from the task manager. Does anyone have an idea what I can do to turn this off -- rsbfit ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rsbfitz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3530 View this threa...

Report Criteria
I have a report whcih contains customer Names, on report Header and details Like Date, order number, units, rate, qty etc. in detail section when I open the report a popup form appears and ask for StartDate, EndDate & have a Combo box contains all customers names to be enter, I want that if user not select any customer it shows data from all customers. It is possible to craft the WHERE clause of the source query so that it returns all records if the combo is left blank. It's messy and inefficient, but it is possible. An alternative approach is to open the form first, and then...

highlights
Hi all Can you help me and tell me if this is at all possible using conditional formatting or a formula I4 is to equal to b4 times c4. If d4 is not the same as i4 then d4 needs to highlight in red. However if d4 is a negative number then d4 should remain normal, not highlighted. Thank You Shorty, =AND(D4>=0, D4<>I4) -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Shorty" <Mysteryjim@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:i6I2e.8230$zl.6378@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com... > Hi all > > Can ...

Showing data as spreadsheet and a line graph.
How do I add a graph showing the Spreadsheet info either at the bottom half of the spreadsheet print or as another page. Do I set it on another tab? Use the chart wizard (icon/button from the standard tool bar or = insert>chart). Step 4 will give you a choice of location i.e. as new = sheet or as object in ...... http://www.contextures.com/charts.html Epinn "Shadyhosta" <Shadyhosta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:BA47ACDE-C079-448F-BF7B-05E21E93470E@microsoft.com... How do I add a graph showing the Spreadsheet info either at the bottom = half=20 of ...

Formatting fields on a report
I have a report that I need to list totals by month by there account code & sub account. I have a query that generates all the necessary information but I am having a issue converting a field "Check Date" to be the month and then have the associated months listed at the top of the form along with the corresponding totals for each field necessary. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Shawty, MonthDate = Month([CheckDate]) yields a sortable number 1 to 12 YearDate = Year([CheckDate]) yields a sortable number in the form yyyy. These values should be inc...

Problems with upgrading from Tiger to Snow Leopard on Word 2004?
I have OS 10.4.11 and use it with Office 2004 and EndNote 9 for a book I'm in the middle of. Everything is stable and I would prefer not to change until the book is finished. However, I'm having problems with some other software, and their help people say that I need to upgrade to Snow Leopard. If I do: (1) will it adversely effect Office 2004, especially Word 2004 and EndNote 9 (which contains more than 500 references)? (2) can I just do an OS upgrade or do I need the more expensive MacBox set that Apple recommends for Tiger users? (3) will it adversely effect MYOB, which h...

Embedding an e-mail address in Word document.
I have a fill-in type form made using Word 2007 that I want to add a button to send the completed form to an e-mail address. Can anyone help me? Insert a Hyperlink to the e-mail address e.g. { HYPERLINK mailto:yourname%40yourISP.com?subject=Returned%20Form } %40 = @ %20 = 'space' with a suitable display text e.g. "CTRL+Click Here to return the form" -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http:...