Grouping in a Report

The group footer on my report is not showing the text boxes I have in there.
The visible property is set to 'yes'.
--
Rugiem

Is the section displaying? Are there values in the text box? Are you sure
this is a group footer and not the page footer? What happens if you change
the background color of the section to yellow?
--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Rugiem" wrote:

> The group footer on my report is not showing the text boxes I have in there.
> The visible property is set to 'yes'.
> --
> Rugiem

Exception Reports
Does anyone know if it is possible to complete the following query using standard MSCRM querying tools i.e. standard reports / advanced find Query the database to view all of the accounts that have not had any activities created or updated within the past x months? Appreciate I can create a custom report to do this, but is it possible using the standard tools? Thanks Jo Savidge i tihnk its possible but you will always have issues..what happens if someone added an actvity on a contact linked to the account for example. If you have a process that says users can only add activities to acc...

Grouping data
I am trying to group data for a specific event and have not been successful, so I am hoping someone can help. ID Date Value 174 12/3/2007 102 174 12/3/2007 909 174 12/11/2007 405 174 12/11/2007 701 206 12/6/2007 1001 173 12/3/2007 500 I want to group by ID, the MAX Date for that ID and the Max Value for the ID & Max Date The desired result would be: ID Date Value 174 12/11/2007 701 206 12/6/...

reporting even though a calculation made is dividing by zero
I have a report which initially opens a form to input a start and end date in for the report information. One of the calculated reports items is a % of bad rolls produced. My report opens; I input the dates and it then runs a query based on those dates. It takes the data (put into another form) with fields of "total rolls produced" and "off quality rolls" and divides the "off quality" by the "total" to give a % bad value. The report works great IF the "total rolls produced" is not zero. If we do not produce any rolls that day (due...

Group Footer at Bottom of Last Page of Group
I would like for a group footer to appear at the bottom of the last page of a group -- either hide the page footer on pages if it is not the last page of the group or have the group footer print at the bottom of the page. I have used the instructions to reset the page number and the total page count for each group. (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841779/en-us) I was hoping to be able to set it where if the page equals the total pages of the group, it will make the page footer visible. For some reason, if there is more than one page, it doesn't work properly. I have also used the i...

query based distribution group
Hello all running Exchange 2007 sp2, I need to modify an existing query based DL so it finds mailboxes and if the account has two different email address stamped on it. For example if the mailbox has test1.com and test2.com and it's a mailbox then make it a member of the query based DL Thanks for any help If it has those two e-mail addresses? That should return just one recipient. Or do you mean a recipient with any two proxy addresses? I don't believe that's possible with LDAP. Or do you mean a mailbox-enabled user with proxy addresses in two domai...

Creating Universal Groups with Distribution Group members?
Hello all. We have a Windows 2003 Active Directory with Exchange 2003, and I don't really want to duplicate work, but I think I may have to (ugh!). Here is the deal. I need to create an All Managers Universal Group with every group that has managers in it. So, what I tried doing, was I created a Universal Group and added the _All Managers DL into it -- but that didn't seem to work, according to my boss who asked me to create this UG for him. So, my question is, am I not allowed to add DL members to a Universal Security Group? And if now, is there any way that I can take...

Can't get report to show using 2003 MDE with DBwindow hidden
My database is written in 2003, is used with runtime and an MDE file, and I hide the database with the checkbox in 'Startup' and use 'Application.RunCommand acCmdAppMinimize' so the users see only the windows I provide. I run the report and nothing shows. I assume it is trapped in the DB window. Is there a way to show it without maxing the DBwindow and minimizing it again on the close of the report? Thanks, Yes, for reports you must maximize the application (DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdAppMaximize) before opening the report. Then, you can use the Minimize code again in t...

Using Password-protected files for a report
I have many user files (timesheets) and a report file (payroll report) that uses these timesheets as links. The timesheets are password-protected. I need the report to be able to be updated without opening all the files. Is this possible? Thanks! ...

Distribution Group list
I have a problem with the distribution group list. Here it goes: I removed and deleted the account from this group list but whenever I send a task, it always tries to reach this deleted account and give me a undeliverable error message. Please help. Thanks Restart Exchange services. Linh wrote: > I have a problem with the distribution group list. Here > it goes: I removed and deleted the account from this > group list but whenever I send a task, it always tries to > reach this deleted account and give me a undeliverable > error message. Please help. Thanks ...

Data, Group got error message Cannot shift object off sheet
I created a command grouping several columns together by going to Data, Group. When I go to click on the "-" sign to group. It gives me an error message;"Cannot shift object off sheet". Why? and how can I fix it. Maybe you have some objects that get rearranged when you hide the columns using your grouping symbols. This may have some suggestions that work for you. It's kind of a similar problem. XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;211769 Remember to look for comments and merged ...

Local Data Groups
Hi, Does anyone know if its possible to create local data groups for offline clients and somehow push the groups out to all users, rather than going to each outlook laptop client? Jo Savidge You can deploy the SFO client using group policies. When the user next logs onto the domain the SFO client will be installed ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "Jo Savidge" <JoSavidge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAE65DA4-C2E3-4F50-A78B-39C98940A129@microsoft.c...

graphing by group
I have 10 individuals in 5 groups. I would like to graph the individuals but keeping them within their groups. When I try to graph it ends up as 10 groups. I would also like to make each group of individuals a different colour. Thanks, Tim Hi Tim In Step 2 of Chart Wizard make sure you have Series by Rows or Series by Columns correctly selected. If you groups are in different columns us Series by Columns other wise use Series by Rows -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Tim Pasma" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Passing option group value to vba function
I'm sure I've done this before but can't for the life of me figure it out now, and hours of research online haven't helped. I'm simply trying to pass an option group value from a form to a vba function. I'd like the user to choose option1 or option2 and when they click a button, the function will run an if statement like "if option1.value=true then...." I've got 2 options named option1 and option2 and a frame called frame20, what else do I need? I've also tried bounding the selection to a textbox, but keep getting errors. Any help on the process? Tha...

managing distribution groups
Hello all, I am running exchange 2003 and I would like to know is there a way and I can have a regular user maintain my distribtion groups. If so how would I go about that? Thanks so much Mike You can grant permissions at the disty group level to allow ordinary members to add and remove users. Be careful to only do disty groups as security groups changed by users in outlook is a touch insecure. "Mike B" <MikeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F2F3709-0900-46B1-B87B-A2449FD44B75@microsoft.com... > Hello all, > > I am running exchange 2003 and...

FRx Report Question
Hi, I am trying to create a Quarterly Income Statement reporin FRx. The quarters are 3 months in a 12 month (jan-dec) fiscal year. I want this report to show the last 9 quarters. So, if the report date = '08-31-06', then the report must print as follows - print 9 columns, with column 9 showing quarter ended '06-31-06' (Apr to Jul), Column 8 showing quarter ended '03-31-06' (Jan-mar), Column 7 showing quarter ended '12-31-05' (Oct-Dec)...and so on. What i am not able to do, is to be able to keep the report dynamic to always print for 9 quarters, based on ...

DSum by group
I have a textbox with a DSum function, but would like it to query only within each group. It seems that most other functions (e.g Avg) automatically calculate by group, but DSum doesn't seem to be. =DSum([MKTCAP],"QryFILTER",[MKTCAP]>100) The text box is within the Group Footer, and I'd like it to return a different value below each group. Thanks! "RussG" <RussG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:697878DC-521A-4423-BB7F-97089D536EF2@microsoft.com... >I have a textbox with a DSum function, but would like it to query only >within...

Reports Caching??
I've just created a few reports and it appears that they may be caching during the open CRM session. Here's what I did: Added the new report to CRM. Run it and closed it. Made changes to an Account that showed up in the report and save changes. Went back and re-ran the report, and the Account did not update. If I exit out of CRM and then log back in and open run the report, the updated account changes display. Is this correct funcationality?? James ...

reporting mailbox delegation ACLs using Powershell
Does anyone know of a way to retrieve the ACLs set on 2007 mailbox folders using Powershell? Say for example, user Joe has granted reviewer rights on his Inbox to Carla - I'd like to use Powershell to find and display that information. I've tried using the get-mailboxpermission and get-adpermission cmdlets but haven't found a way of retrieving them. Any help gratefully received... All the best, Darren ...

Re: Protecting worksheet with grouped cells
I have a worksheet which has rows as well as cloumns grouped. After protecting the worksheet I am unable to expand and collaspe my groups. error:"You cannot use this command on a protected sheet..." Is there a work-around/solution to this problem? You can only enable outlines and have worksheet protection through a macro: With Worksheets("Sheet1") .EnableOutlining = True .Protect UserInterfaceOnly:=True End With The EnableOutlining property (and UserInterfaceOnly) is not saved with the workbook unfortunately, so this code would have to be run ...

Grouping and grouping within groups
I really need help, and help fast, so thank you ahead of time! I nee to know how to group and group within a group. I have been able to d a group, but once I group within the group and try to group anothe group withing that group it combines them. I know I can put a spac between the information so it doesn't combine them but that doesn' seem to be the right way to do things. For instance I have thre different area codes and I want to group them, then within those group I have five different colors of houses in that area code. I want t group the different colors within their area ...

Error Report M:N Relationship
Hi everyone, I am trying to create a new report. In the account entity, I have set up an M:N Relation between account and account. This way, I would like to keep track of companies, that have invested in other companies. From one view, I have set the relation to be named portfolio, from the other view it is investor. Now, I want to run a report which shall show me the portfolio and its details (such as name, industry) but I get the following error: Query Builder Error - No attribute Any help? I got CRM 4.0 You usually get the No Attribute error when you are trying to reference an attribut...

Show Groups as Page Header
I used the report wizard to create a report based on a table. The table has 252 records. When I preview the report, it only shows 242 records. The records are sorted / grouped by district. In the table, the fields are District Business Name DBA Name Amount The wizard placed the District and field names into the District Name Header. To make the report more readable, how can I get the group headers to be the page headers? That is, if a group prints over more than one page, how can I get the page header to show the group name? You can set the "Repeat Section" property of the Gro...

displaying parameter value on report
Hey all, I'm trying to add the parameter value in my report, in a textbox. I have tried is with: =Parameters!Parameter.Label , =Parameters!Parameter.Value and =Join.String(Parameter!parameter.Value,",") Both of them aren't working for me, I get a notification that mt header is moved. Can someone help me with this problem Have you just tried the expression builder. It will let you pick the parameter. Also, is this a multi-select parameter? =Join(Parameters!Container.Value, ", ") The above works, the parameter name was Container. I notice ...

Running Reports while Working offline / CRM laptop client for Outl
Our sales people are always traveling. Therefore they use CRM Laptop Client for Outlook and they are connected offline most of the time. The problem is that when they try to run reports, a message appears: "Reports are available online only"! This is a real problem, because a lot of the time they need to print reports (Such as quotations) while they are abroad (Connected offline). Please advise if there is a workaround for this problem! Since reports are generated by SQL Reporting Services, users need access to the SQL Reporting Services website and the database that contains...

E2K3 Storage Groups
What are advantages, and more importantly, disadvantages to using multiple Storage Groups. I have heard that having more then 2 SG's creates extra CPU load, is this true? The only benefit I see so far is logical separation for use in exchange manager, and that you can point translogs and system path to different locations, if you had different physical drives, I could see this as a benefit. I have a situation where I'd like to do the following -Storage Group for local users - Multiple stores with different store policies -Storage Group for remote users - Multiple stores with diff...