Formatting numbers in Table of Bar Chart

I cannot get my report to retain the currency format when previewed.  It
looks fine in design view, but does not retain it.  I have changed all of the
underlying queries and tables to include currency formatting.

Any help would be appreciated

Bev wrote:

>I cannot get my report to retain the currency format when previewed.  It
>looks fine in design view, but does not retain it.  I have changed all of the
>underlying queries and tables to include currency formatting.

With the report open in design view, setting the report text
box's Format property to Currency should take care of it.

The formatting you specified in a table or query are used
when you look at the table/query's datasheet.  The only time
it has anything to do with a form is when you drag the field
from the form's Field List to create a new text box.  In
this case, Access sets the text box's Format property for
you.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

"Bev" wrote:

> I cannot get my report to retain the currency format when previewed.  It
> looks fine in design view, but does not retain it.  I have changed all of the
> underlying queries and tables to include currency formatting.
>
> Any help would be appreciated

I like using the table because it lines up directly under the data in the
chart and it provides a legend.  Based on your response, I suspect that there
is not a solution to this problem??

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> Rather than using the Table of Bar Chart, have you considered using a
> subreport? This would give you much greater control of the display.
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "Bev" wrote:
>
> > I cannot get my report to retain the currency format when previewed.  It
> > looks fine in design view, but does not retain it.  I have changed all of the
> > underlying queries and tables to include currency formatting.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated

I don't know if there is a solution since I prefer using a small subreport
under the chart to display the numbers.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Bev" wrote:

> I like using the table because it lines up directly under the data in the
> chart and it provides a legend.  Based on your response, I suspect that there
> is not a solution to this problem??
>
> "Duane Hookom" wrote:
>
> > Rather than using the Table of Bar Chart, have you considered using a
> > subreport? This would give you much greater control of the display.
> > --
> > Duane Hookom
> > Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "Bev" wrote:
> >
> > > I cannot get my report to retain the currency format when previewed.  It
> > > looks fine in design view, but does not retain it.  I have changed all of the
> > > underlying queries and tables to include currency formatting.
> > >
> > > Any help would be appreciated

negative number format

Change date format to European format

How do I do dashboard charts in Excel
I have 3 sets (budget, forecast and actual) of sales and profit numbers and would like to show them like a dashboard ( two small circles for Budget and Forecast and a bigger one underneath those two for Actual. All 3 circles with a hand point to the numbers linked to the source data ). Can anyone tell me how to make a start? Thanks and regards Nick Hi Nick, Here are some examples of speedo type gauges. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Speedometer.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/gauge.htm Cheers Andy Nick Cheng wrote: > I have 3 sets (budget, forecast and actual) of sales a...

Formatting just some rows

freezing formatting

Negative number formatting

Enforce format

Format Smartlist field

Conditional Formating Help

Year series shows wrong in chart
Hi all : using Excel 2003, I have what should not even be a problem that I cannot solve. I have a series of years in a column, 1970-2006 to be exact, and these are the labels for my x axis. When I insert chart this appears as 1,2,3,...instead of 1970, 1971, etc. It doesn't matter how I format that column, text, general, custom, nothing works. Why is it not just giving me the data in the format that is actually there and how can I get it? thanks for any help Bevin B. Try first entering the dates as dates. To check to make sure they're entered as dates, after entering the data c...

Select Case Conditional Formatting Sub?

Pasting Excel charts into Word
Whenever I paste Excel charts into Word, the fonts end up looking terrible. Is there an easy solution? Pasting as a picture does not work. The only thing that does work is right clicking on the chart while in Word, selecting "Edit Picture", then fixing the text that has changed position and direction. But then my chart is no longer a simple picture. Help! How are you pasting it? I have no problem using the Word Insert Object command. 1 - In Excel, have the chart saved in its own separate .xls file, no other worksheets. 2 - In Word, choose Insert>Object. 3 - Click on the Cre...

How to format the value in a cell?

Is it possible to save an excel chart as .emf?
I would like to save an excel chart as .emf instead of .jpeg or .gif using the script below. Is this possible? Sub SaveChartAsGIF () Fname = ThisWorkbook.Path & "\" & ActiveChart.Name & ".gif" ActiveChart.Export FileName:=Fname, FilterName:="GIF" End Sub ...

Q: Find if table is open?
Is there a way to find out if a table is open? something similar to currentproject.AllForms("MyFormName").IsLoaded Thanks, -Mark I don't believe there is, but then you should never be working directly with the tables: you should always be using forms. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCDE3916-D221-4DEC-9029-38165235C79D@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to find out if a table is open? something similar to > currentproject.AllForms(...

Remove formatting from SSN
I exported some data from an Access database. The Social Security Numbers are in this format: 123-45-6789. I would like to change them all to 123456789. I've tried creating a Custom Format and formatting the cells, but nothing changed. Tried setting the format of a new column, then cutting and pasting or Paste Special into the new cells, but it keeps the old formatting. Is there an answer? Try this in a "helper" column: =TEXT(A1,"000000000") To retain your leading zeroes. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all corres...

Formatting numbers
Pub2002/XP - how to format numbers in a table - I want it to automatically space for thousands etc and align the numbers correctly ie. 1 650 243 500 etc You will have to do it manually, or copy and paste it from a spreadsheet. -- See if Courier font will do it. Most other fonts do proportional spacing i.e. the letter m is wider than an l. In Courier (maybe teletype, typewriter and a few other fonts) use the same width of space and thus will line up columns from row to row. -- Don Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America! "simonh" <si...

how to get odd numbered pages to view on right hand side of scree.
i am using word 2003. i want to preview a document with two pages to a view. the odd numbered pages appear on the left hand side of the screen. this is opposite to the real life appearance of the document when odd pages would be on the right hand side. how do i get the pages to appear as in a real life layout? The only way to see facing pages at all is in Print Preview (you can't do it in Print Layout view). In order to do it in Print Preview, you have to have "Different odd and even" headers/footers and/or "Mirror margins" enabled. -- Suzanne S. Bar...

Sheets lose formats
I have a file that I created by upgrading from Excel 2003. In 2007 the file saves fine. I had a user complain he didn't have Excel 2007 so I saved as a ..xls file and now everytime I reopen the file all my formating on every sheet is gone. If I reapply the formatting and then save as a .xlsm file, all the formatting stays in the file. Ideas? ...

Change HTML Format to Plain Text Format
We would like to change 500 Outlook XP and 2003 clients to use Plain Text for emails rather than Rich Text or HTML. Is there a registery key I can modify, save and email out to all clients to automatically change the settings If you have any suggestions please let me know Thank Kevin ...