Formatting detail records based on a field value not shown in the report

Hi.  What's the general syntax for formatting report detail controls'
forecolor based on the value of a field in the report's data source
that isn't shown?

Background: My report's data source includes a field called
IS_HIGHLIGHTED (yes/no data type).  I want to highlight the forecolor
of several detail section controls red if the user checks IS-
HIGHLIGHTED for a record in the underlying table.

Is this a Detail_Print action or a Detail_Format action...?

Thanks!

0
Tom

Tom wrote:

>Hi.  What's the general syntax for formatting report detail controls'
>forecolor based on the value of a field in the report's data source
>that isn't shown?
>
>Background: My report's data source includes a field called
>IS_HIGHLIGHTED (yes/no data type).  I want to highlight the forecolor
>of several detail section controls red if the user checks IS-
>HIGHLIGHTED for a record in the underlying table.
>
>Is this a Detail_Print action or a Detail_Format action...?

Generally, format affecting actions are done in the Format
event, but I think this one could be done in either.

OTOH, you do not need any code if you are using A2K or
later.  Instead use Conditional Formatting (on the Format
menu).  This is done by selecting the Expression is option,
setting the expression to:
	[IS_HIGHLIGHTED]
and selecting the highlight color in the ForeColor property.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Select Case Me.SomeField
  Case "a"
        Me.SomeOtherField.Forecolor = vbRed
  Case "b"
        Me.SomeOtherField.Forecolor = vbGreen
  Case "c"
       Me.SomeOtherField.Forecolor = vbBlue
   Case Else
       Me.SomeOtherField.Forecolor = vbBlack
End Select

"Tom" <thomas.utley@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi.  What's the general syntax for formatting report detail controls'
> forecolor based on the value of a field in the report's data source
> that isn't shown?
>
> Background: My report's data source includes a field called
> IS_HIGHLIGHTED (yes/no data type).  I want to highlight the forecolor
> of several detail section controls red if the user checks IS-
> HIGHLIGHTED for a record in the underlying table.
>
> Is this a Detail_Print action or a Detail_Format action...?
>
> Thanks!

0
Pat

negative number format

Change date format to European format

Formatting just some rows

Printing Problem in SQL Reporting Service
Hi, Seen a couple of posts about this but no conclusion. Trying to print a SQL Report from CRM and getting an error 0x80004005. These reports can be seen on screen and exported but cannot be directly printed to any printer. Checked all IE settings and put them as low as possible. The only other thing that might be contributing is Sophos AV. Any answers anyone ? Regards Peter. ...

Required field added to existing records
Hello, I have a existing table with data already created. I need to add a field to this table that is going to be required from now on. When I open the form to update the record it allows me to add the information to the required field. But when I tested the record to see if it would flag me on the required field by closing it, it closes without flaging me to enter the information in the required field. Can I update existing records on a form for a newly added required field and have it flag me if the data is not enter on a form. Thanks, Robin You need to add the field to the table...

freezing formatting

How do I do a global field search?
I have WinXP and Access2003. I have just finished changing over a text primary key "ProductID" to a autonumber "ProdID". This was successful, and all the database (including the Combos and the xtab queries) work OK. But now I want to get rid of all the old Text "ProductID" values and fields. I have done this manually as far as possible, but is there a "Find" function to locate all the redundant "ProductID" all through the database? Please help Frank No there is such thing built in. You will have to do manual searches through al...

Negative number formatting

Enforce format

Format Smartlist field

JavaScript Error adding custom field
Hello, When I try to add a cusom field to the Accounts form I get several JavaScript errors on http:/crm/Tools/FormEditor/Dialogs/addfields.aspx (line 144 : Parameter incorrect) when opening the Web Page Dialog (Field list). When trying to add a field, I get an error 'crmDialog.TabName.returnValue' is null or not an object (line 94 in same aspx) If I continue, I get error 'Object doesn't support this property or method' at line 297. I noticed that this behaviour is only when I contact CRM from one PC. Is there any known compatibility issue as far as the Java VM is concern...

Conditional Formating Help

Select Case Conditional Formatting Sub?

Print report with second page
Hi All, I have a report that we print. We want to be able to print an additional page of data a check box is checked. I have a command button they press now that generates the report. How would I do this so that the report stays as one report with 2 pages. Verses generating 2 seperate reports. Matt -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Excluding Alpha character in text field by filtering.
I have a query based on a table./ I have one numeric field that has alphanumber entries: A2000-000; 101010010,A2004, etc.. I what the filter to exclude all records that have an apph beginning - ie. in eg. above exclude: A2000-000,A2004. How do I do this? Your assistance is greatly appreciated. You could use WHERE Left$(AlphanumericField, 1) NOT BETWEEN "A" AND "Z" or WHERE Val(AlphanumeriField) <> 0 -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Grace" <fhsmith7@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news...

How to format the value in a cell?

Data migration
Hey all, We're gearing up for a data migration that will, under our current plans, pull in just under a 1/2 million records. We have a custom app that will be migrating fractions of this at a time so I'm not concerned about the hit on the system for each migration chunk that we bring in. I am concerned about the overall hit on our system from adding almost 1/2 million records. Anyone out there experience significant perfomance problems after a similarly large set of records? If anyone out there has any recommendations based I would appreciate the input. At this point in the...

Formatting numbers
Pub2002/XP - how to format numbers in a table - I want it to automatically space for thousands etc and align the numbers correctly ie. 1 650 243 500 etc You will have to do it manually, or copy and paste it from a spreadsheet. -- See if Courier font will do it. Most other fonts do proportional spacing i.e. the letter m is wider than an l. In Courier (maybe teletype, typewriter and a few other fonts) use the same width of space and thus will line up columns from row to row. -- Don Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America! "simonh" <si...

Remove formatting from SSN
I exported some data from an Access database. The Social Security Numbers are in this format: 123-45-6789. I would like to change them all to 123456789. I've tried creating a Custom Format and formatting the cells, but nothing changed. Tried setting the format of a new column, then cutting and pasting or Paste Special into the new cells, but it keeps the old formatting. Is there an answer? Try this in a "helper" column: =TEXT(A1,"000000000") To retain your leading zeroes. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all corres...

Field Length Issue
I'll try to make the long story short. I'm importing a fixed width file into a table, doing some stuff, and exporting it again. My problem is that if I import field AcctNum in as a 18 character field, but it only has 10 characters I'm loosing the 8 spaces. Is there a way when I'm exporting the data to say pad the field? I'm exporting it through VBA to a file. Maybe format(rs.fields("AcctNo"), "000000000000000000") ??? Will that work if AcctNo is a text fields? Guess I was also looking for something a bit less time consuming becau...