Format a social security in an Access report

I do not know the syntax to get a field to print out in the correct format.
I have a social security number that is being entered into a table using the
input mask.  It is printing out without the dashes.  EG (123446123).  I can't
remember the correct syntax to use.  Thanks

Format([SSN],"@@@ @@ @@@@")

Or

Format([SSN],"@@@-@@-@@@@")

If you are using the format property of the control then use the following
in the property
@@@ @@ @@@@
or
@@@-@@-@@@@

--
John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008

"lschuh" <lschuh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I do not know the syntax to get a field to print out in the correct format.
> I have a social security number that is being entered into a table using
> the
> input mask.  It is printing out without the dashes.  EG (123446123).  I
> can't
> remember the correct syntax to use.  Thanks

0
John
1/7/2008 2:09:48 PM
Thank you so much, it works great.

"John Spencer" wrote:

> Format([SSN],"@@@ @@ @@@@")
>
> Or
>
> Format([SSN],"@@@-@@-@@@@")
>
> If you are using the format property of the control then use the following
> in the property
> @@@ @@ @@@@
> or
> @@@-@@-@@@@
>
> --
> John Spencer
> Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008
> Center for Health Program Development and Management
> University of Maryland Baltimore County
> ..
>
> "lschuh" <lschuh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I do not know the syntax to get a field to print out in the correct format.
> > I have a social security number that is being entered into a table using
> > the
> > input mask.  It is printing out without the dashes.  EG (123446123).  I
> > can't
> > remember the correct syntax to use.  Thanks

negative number format

Change date format to European format

Formatting just some rows

freezing formatting

Negative number formatting

How To Prepare An Access Database For Shared Use?
Right out of the box (immediately after Access installation) if I create a table and form for data entry will multiple data entry people be able to share this form? Do I have to first prepare the database in some manner to be shared? Are Access databases exclusive by default? "David Portwood" <Mondrogan@comcast.net> wrote in message news:4622d703$0$9953$4c368faf@roadrunner.com... > Right out of the box (immediately after Access installation) if I create a > table and form for data entry will multiple data entry people be able to > share this form? Do I have to fir...

Enforce format

Format Smartlist field

Conditional Formating Help

Select Case Conditional Formatting Sub?

How to chart security indices?
Hi, I have four columns each containing values for different stock securities. I would like to chart these columns in a line chart with a line for each column. But I would like to chart the index value as opposed to the actual value. Does anyone know how to do this? By index value I mean (1 + ((CurrVal - StartVal) / StartVal) * 1000) where 1000 is the base index value. Or if anyone knows of a more clever approach to measuring percent price changes please let me know. Thanks! Marcus - Assuming your dates are in column A and your stock prices in B:E, you would put formulas in columns F...

petty cash report
I am searching for a template for to create a petty cash vouhcer report. ...

Print report with second page
Hi All, I have a report that we print. We want to be able to print an additional page of data a check box is checked. I have a command button they press now that generates the report. How would I do this so that the report stays as one report with 2 pages. Verses generating 2 seperate reports. Matt -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

How to format the value in a cell?

SQL Server vs Access for back ends
Hi Is it better to use SQL Server for my back end database, than to use Access? Yours, Stapes Stapes wrote: > Hi > > Is it better to use SQL Server for my back end database, than to use > Access? Define "better" and someone could answer the question. If you need the security, scalability, conciurrency, 24/7 operation, and other advantages that SQL Server provides then obviously using SQL Server would be "better" then using an MDB file. If you don't need those things then we still need to know more information. For example, if your organization alr...

Remove formatting from SSN
I exported some data from an Access database. The Social Security Numbers are in this format: 123-45-6789. I would like to change them all to 123456789. I've tried creating a Custom Format and formatting the cells, but nothing changed. Tried setting the format of a new column, then cutting and pasting or Paste Special into the new cells, but it keeps the old formatting. Is there an answer? Try this in a "helper" column: =TEXT(A1,"000000000") To retain your leading zeroes. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all corres...

Count in a report
Hi, I have a report in Access 2003. The fields are Requestor, Mod and WD. I need a total for all the patients seen by the requestor and to display only the ones that meet the Mod or WD criteria. I can get the report to display the Mod and WD but am having some difficulty getting the total count to work. Thanks, Steve, Your comment: I need a total for all the patients seen by the requestor and to display only the ones that meet the Mod or WD criteria. Response: It seems that there are two criteria here: 1. TOTAL number for patients for the requestor 2. Display / p...

Formatting numbers
Pub2002/XP - how to format numbers in a table - I want it to automatically space for thousands etc and align the numbers correctly ie. 1 650 243 500 etc You will have to do it manually, or copy and paste it from a spreadsheet. -- See if Courier font will do it. Most other fonts do proportional spacing i.e. the letter m is wider than an l. In Courier (maybe teletype, typewriter and a few other fonts) use the same width of space and thus will line up columns from row to row. -- Don Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America! "simonh" <si...

Problem with Access 2002 after changing an enabled database with Access 97
I (or better Microsoft Access) encountered a problem when I open an Access 97 database that was already enabled for Access 2002 but has been changed afterwards with Access 97. I want to know, if I got it wrong, that it should be possible to change a database (with Access 97) that is already enabled (for Access 2002)? I can always recreate the problem like this: 1. Create an empty mdb with Access 97 2. Open it with Access 2002 to have it enabled (i.e. no conversion) 3. Open it with Access 97 again and add a form (no functionality, just an empty form) 4. When I now open this file with A...

Sheets lose formats
I have a file that I created by upgrading from Excel 2003. In 2007 the file saves fine. I had a user complain he didn't have Excel 2007 so I saved as a ..xls file and now everytime I reopen the file all my formating on every sheet is gone. If I reapply the formatting and then save as a .xlsm file, all the formatting stays in the file. Ideas? ...