Forcing borders of all columns when records less than max

Is there a way to force the 28 fields borders if there are less than 28
fields (28 columns is forced but borders do not show up when less than 28
records)?

0
Michael

Can you explain what you are attempting to do? It isn't clear whether you
mean 28 fields or 28 records or both.

You can use the Line method to draw rectangles anywhere in your report.
--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Michael" wrote:

> Is there a way to force the 28 fields borders if there are less than 28
> fields (28 columns is forced but borders do not show up when less than 28
> records)?

Force Uninstall
All, A coupla questions . . . Suppose I just want to forcefully uninstall Exchange 2000 from a server, and an org. Currently the uninstall fails because (as mentioned in a previous post) I have users that still show as being on that server, however the store that those users were on is no longer there (because of a disaster). Is there some way to force the uninstall? Another question. I have two healthy clustered machines running currently. Suppose I just remove the object for the old exchange server from the ESM? Assuming I have performed all of the other steps steps (like moving o...

Locate a specific row or column
Hi all, Could you tell me how to locate a specific row instead of using Mouse to dray the scroll bar? Clara thank you so much for your help In VBA code, you can use: Range("D100").Activate ' Or Range("D1:D100").Select ' Depending on if you want only one cell highlighted or a range of cells. -- Best wishes, Jim "clara" wrote: > Hi all, > > Could you tell me how to locate a specific row instead of using Mouse to > dray the scroll bar? > > Clara > > thank you so much for your help Hi Clara Have you tried goto in the Ed...

forcing user input into cells
howdy all... i'm new to doing stuff with excel have a bit of a background in javascript programming what i'm trying to do is force a user to enter something, anything int a specific cell if the user tries to tab past the cell and leave it blank, i want a error to come up, telling them that they have to enter something befor they can continue on with entry into other cells any help would be much appreciated -Thank -- georgi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- georgio's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=164...

Problem with popup form on a single record
I have a record that has a form for a user to enter information into. If the user needs to add additional information, a popup screen (popup and modal) comes up for them to add additional information. Both forms service one record. Occasionally, and I can't seem to define it exactly, I get an error message saying that another user (I'm the only user) is trying to update the record and I have three choices: Save the information, write it to the clipboard or dump the information. The last time I saved it, I corrupted the entire database and had to start all over again. The...

Force quit
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Closing Word get error message "A file error has occurred. Check your network connections or make sure the disk is properly inserted" Am then required to use force quit. Anybody have solution? Make sure Office & OS X are fully updated. If they are & you still encounter the problem, crashing on Quit is usually the result of one of theses causes: Need to repair disk permissions Damaged preference files Corrupt Normal.dotm template See this page for the respective links in t...

Forcing Appointments
I use outlook to schedule appointments with my customers with specific employees. I have a scheduling department that does this scheduling via outlook. The employees have no option to reject or modify these appointments; therefore, I would like to force this on their calendar with them having to accept it and not allowing them to modify it. Additionally, I need to know real time once they are scheduled. Right now I don't know they are scheduled until they accept and that sometimes takes too long and then they are inadvertently double booked by the scheduling department. So how do ...

Counting Data from Multiple Records
Colleagues, I am tasked to generate an Access 2007 report providing the number of times a person has participated in each of several positions at our events. The master table (tAllRecs) contains everyone's names and member numbers (key), among other things that don't matter for this report (addresses, phone numbers, etc.). The event table (tEvent) contains the Event Number (key) and a field for each of the 40 positions we need to fill at each event (fPos01, fPos02, fPos03,�). The report needs to list the number of times each member has served in ...

Force REPLY to go back to distribution list
I have an issue whereby a department is insisting that they want their mailing lists marked so that any time anyone clicks REPLY (not "REPLY ALL" - they refuse that as an acceptable solution, it must be REPLY) that the reply message goes back to the distribution list and not the message originator. They further insist that this capability must occur on the mail server (and not on Outlookclient side), since they use a multitude of different mail clients (many on Unix/Linux) and therefore it is a server-side responsibility to make this happen. They say that this capability exists in ...

Sort Using Different Columns
I am trying to compile a list of sales by customer and total purchases by that customer in a series of months. I have column a as a master list of customer names. Column B is going to be the charges for that customer in lets say may. Column c is going to be the charges for that customer in June. The problem I am having is that not all customers have charged from us in the same months so when I bring my data into this worksheet it contains the customer name in one column and the charges in another. Doing this does not allow the customer names for one month to line up with the next m...

Customizing Public Folder Columns
Hi, I have noticed that Public Folders show up in Outlook with a default set of columns/fields that I can then change on the client. What I am trying to do is to have a Public Folder appear with a specific set of columns (different than the default) for ALL users without me having to go on each Outlook client and set it up manually. Like a Folder-level setting as opposed to a client-level setting. Is this possible? Our server is Exchange 2003. The clients are mixed Outlook 2000, XP and 2003. If this can only work for some client versions can you please let me know which ones? thank...

Filters for rows instead of columns
The filter feature works great for columns. Can it be used for rows? No. You can sort across a row, but not filter. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On 27 Apr 2007 11:27:33 -0700, Hall <hallbrookdale@gmail.com> wrote: >The filter feature works great for columns. > >Can it be used for rows? Not as nice, but maybe you could use: Data|Group and Outline|Group To show/hide columns. Hall wrote: > > The filter feature works great for columns. > > Can it be used for rows? -- Dave Peterson well, guess you could also try transposing the source table in another sheet...

Journal
I hope someone can help me with this. I have recently started using the Journal to record daily activity, inc phone calls etc, and was under the impression that if the correct options are checked, that the Journal should automatically keep a record of email correspondence to or from contacts whose boxes I have checked in the options/journal options tab? i have done this, but still the only way it will track emails is if i enter them manually. Can someone please help me? Thank you Yes, it is supposed to record activity with the selected contacts. Are you using the contact'...

Excel
Hi, I need to rearrange columns on many sheets in a certain order based on on column header. For example, my columns might come into my spreadsheet as C,B,D,G,A,H,I,F , or as F,B,C,A,D etc. I want them all sorted say A,B,C,D - the rest of the columns is irrelevant. How do I accomplish this ? TIA What about the sort function Data/Sort prior to xl2007. I recorded a macro while doing this: Selection.Sort Key1:=3DRange("B4"), Order1:=3DxlAscending, Header:=3DxlGuess, _ OrderCustom:=3D1, MatchCase:=3DFalse, Orientation:=3DxlLeftToRight Presumably you could...

Help with code requiring last record
I am trying to perform an action based on weather the form is on the last record If this is the last record in the database then dosomething ... End If Define "last". Do you mean the record that was entered most recently? If so, how will Access know this? Do you have a "DateOfEntry" date/time field in your table? "Last" only makes sense when you sort by something. What are you sorting by? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F935741-AB78-48D4-8C24-A5B55CCDE1...

excluding column headers from formulas
In row 1, I have a column headers in text, such as Date, Time, Profit, Hours, etc. Then all the following rows underneath have the corresponding data in their specific format, such as date format, time format, currency format, etc. I have a bunch of formulas (mostly SUMIF and AVERAGEIF) where, for example, if columnA (date) is February, then sum/avg columnB (profit). In the formula, I use the whole column as a range (i.e. A:A) rather than a specific range (i.e. A2:A100) as this list is indefinitely long. However, the column headers in text (i.e. "Date" in text f...

force

Forcing an account
Hi All Is there anyway to get Outlook 2002 and/or 2003 to force to use a certain mail account for certain contacts? For example for contact A, B and C I want to always send new messages, replies and forwards via mail account 1 and for contact D, E and F I want to do the same using mail account 2. I don't want this to deviate even if one of these contacts has sent an email to an alternate mail account. Even though I set my main account as the default, when certain emails come in on my other accounts I can't force my replies or forwards to go to a certain account. Are there any hidd...

Alias outfield column header
I have a question about Aliasing fields in a query, if that it the right terminology. I have linked my Access DB to an external sharepoint list. The person who created it labeled the heading of one column: Prod (start month). I am creating a query and while I am at it, I want to simply this name, to Sdate. So, I have entered this in the field column for this field: Sdate: Prod (start month) Unfortunately, while it gives no error, the output column is still labelled Prod (start month). When I look at the sql query, I see: SELECT DISTINCTROW ... [DB Upgrades Funnel].[...

Printing of Borders 11-30-09
I have a phenomenon I have not seen before, despite using Excel for over 15 years. Can anyone please point to a cause? Excel 2000 on a Windows XP SP3 platform. On a particular worksheet the Borders are printing on copy one but not copy two. The Borders are delineating sub-totals and totals of columns of figures. Not all worksheets are affected. TIA -- Gerry ~~~~ FCA Stourport, England Enquire, plan and execute ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ...

How do you sequentially number a column?
I'm a bit of a n00b here. I'm setting up a spreadsheet in Excel 2002 with the first column dedicated to just a sequence of numbers from 1 to 256 which represent slots in a binder for various CD/DVD's off software that I own. Next to each number I will have the name of the software plus a third column for comments (like license key, etc.). How do I format that first column of just sequential numbers? TIA put 1 in the first cell, 2 in the second cell, select both cells, grab the little square block in the lower right corner of the second block and drag down till you get...

Multiple Series of Series in Stacked Column chart?
I'm using Excel 2000, and I'd like to see if there is a way to create a chart using multiple series of series in a stacked column chart (2D). Specifically, I have several series defined by a VBA program, and they are graphed along six categories. I want to group those categories together and then group again by month. It should look like a common Clustered Column graph, but instead of normal columns, each one would be a stacked column. In the end, there will be three months shown along the x axis, each month showing six categories with six stacked columns. The colors in the sta...

box border shadow problem in Excel 2007, is it fixed in Excel 2010?
Does anyone know if Excel 2010 fixes the problem with border shadows that Excel 2007 had? It worked fine in 2003 and previous versions but for some reason when you create a box around some data and add a shadow, it doesn't really work properly and even drops the shadow at the top and left in a transparent box whereas it should only drop shadows on bottom and right side. ...

Forcing an ActiveX control to serialize it's properties.
Is there a way to force an activeX control to serialize it's properties? Kurt "Kurt" <k_nojunk@larimore.net> wrote in message news:OqS15%23p3DHA.3224@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to force an activeX control to serialize it's properties? > > Kurt > > Kurt, Try getting a pointer to the IPersistStorage interface via QueryInterface. Then call the method IPersistStorage::Save which needs an IStorage* to specify where the properties will be saved to. ...

column headers #2
We use Excel to track huge amounts of data (probably SHOULD be using Access, but the "boss" is wedded to Excel). Need to have column headers that pop up when data starts new page. Suggestions? Regular header/footer only names reports/charts, not working space. <"Need to have column headers that pop up when data starts new page."> I'm assuming you're talking about displaying on the screen, where the headers won't *pop-up*, but constantly remain in view during any scrolling of the sheet. You can use "FreezePanes" to retain rows (column he...

Force PasteSpecialValues in Excel 2007
There was a very nice piece of code written by Aaron Bush (Oorang on MrExcel) in 2007 which disabled cut and copy execution in excel, forcing the copy to copy only values but maintaining the ability to undo (http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=957). Unfortunately, this code fails in several ways in Excel 2007. 1/ It does not disable ribbon cut/copy/paste features 2/ Paste still functions normally when using <enter> to paste the previously copied cell 3/ If you are copying from a locked cell in a protected sheet, the code generates a 1004 error (though the p...