Force the group footer to print on the first page

Hello,

Does anyone know how to force the group footer to print only on the first
page of an Access 2007 Report?

Thank you in advance.

Hello "VBNovice10".

"VBNovice10" wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know how to force the group footer to print only on the first
> page of an Access 2007 Report?

You could try to change the visibility of the group footer section in it's
format event, using a line like this:

Me.NameOfTheGroupFooterSection.Visible = (Me.Page = 1)

--
Regards,
Wolfgang

0
Wolfgang
5/28/2010 7:42:29 AM
Thank you for your help, but the code didn't work.  The group footer still
did not appear on the first page.  I may have to reconsider my report design.

Thank you again.

"Wolfgang Kais" wrote:

> Hello "VBNovice10".
>
> "VBNovice10" wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Does anyone know how to force the group footer to print only on the first
> > page of an Access 2007 Report?
>
> You could try to change the visibility of the group footer section in it's
> format event, using a line like this:
>
> Me.NameOfTheGroupFooterSection.Visible = (Me.Page = 1)
>
> --
> Regards,
> Wolfgang
>

> .

"the code didn't work" does not convey much information
beyond the fact that you did not like the result.

AFAICS, Wolfgang's code does what you asked for, so I am
guessing that there may be a flaw in your question or
terminology.  Note that group footers only print at the end
of the group and do not have much at all to do with where a
page boundary happens to be.  Maybe you really meant to say
page footer??
--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

VBNovice10 wrote:
>Thank you for your help, but the code didn't work.  The group footer still
>did not appear on the first page.  I may have to reconsider my report design.
>
>"Wolfgang Kais" wrote:
>> "VBNovice10" wrote:
>> > Does anyone know how to force the group footer to print only on the first
>> > page of an Access 2007 Report?
>>
>> You could try to change the visibility of the group footer section in it's
>> format event, using a line like this:
>>
>> Me.NameOfTheGroupFooterSection.Visible = (Me.Page = 1)

0
Marshall
6/2/2010 6:12:18 PM
Hello.

"VBNovice10" wrote:
> Thank you for your help, but the code didn't work. The group footer
> still did not appear on the first page. I may have to reconsider my
> report design.

As Marshall Barton said, make sure that the section you associate the
code with is indeed the section you want to hide/display, and that the
name of the section used in code is correct. Always keep in mind that
a group footer will be displayd below the last detail record of
the group (on the same page, provided that there is enough space).
You could also verify the ForceNewPage property of the group footer.
Did you accidently set this property to "before section"?
You said "the group footer still did not appear on the first page".
Still? I thought that is WAS displayed and you wanted it to be displayed
ONLY on the first page? What is the page number of the desired page?

--
Regards,
Wolfgang

0
Wolfgang
6/3/2010 7:20:48 AM
My report is based off of a current form we manually create through Microsoft
Word for every customer.  Each customer may have anywhere from 1 to >300
items, so the detail section length varies.  But I want to populate the
report through Access from my database to expedite the former form creation.

My report has a report header with a logo, a page header with recurring data
on each page, a detail section with rows of data populated by rows in my
database, a group footer, a page footer with page numbers, and a report
footer which takes up the entire last page.

I was hoping there was a code/method to force the group footer to always
print on the "first page" only regardless of the number of rows in the detail
section.  The main question is can a group footer be forced to print in the
middle of a group section?

Thank you for your help.  Please let me know if you need more detail.

VBNovice10 wrote:

>My report is based off of a current form we manually create through Microsoft
>Word for every customer.  Each customer may have anywhere from 1 to >300
>items, so the detail section length varies.  But I want to populate the
>report through Access from my database to expedite the former form creation.
>
>My report has a report header with a logo, a page header with recurring data
>on each page, a detail section with rows of data populated by rows in my
>database, a group footer, a page footer with page numbers, and a report
>footer which takes up the entire last page.
>
>I was hoping there was a code/method to force the group footer to always
>print on the "first page" only regardless of the number of rows in the detail
>section.  The main question is can a group footer be forced to print in the
>middle of a group section?

No.  If the group footer displays some kinds of totals for
the group, those totals may not have been calculated until
the last detail has been processed.  In that case it would
not make sense to try to print that kind of total the way
you want.

In some situations, a report can be made to use the page
footer to display something different (not running sum
totals) on specific pages, but this can get kind of
messy/tricky.  If there is some way to fake what you want,
we would have to know a whole bunch of details about what
you need to display in this simulated "group footer".

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Next, in the page footer add the necessary labels and a set of unbound text
box controls which reference the controls in the group header, e.g.

=[SomeControl]
=[SomeOtherControl]

and so on.

In the page footer's Format event procedure hide the controls in the page
footer after page 1 with:

    Me.[SomeLabel].Visible = (Page = 1)
    Me.[txtSomeControl].Visible = (Page = 1)
    Me.[SomeOtherLabel].Visible = (Page = 1)
    Me.[txtSomeOtherControl].Visible = (Page = 1)

and so on.

This does of course mean that the page footer needs to be deep enough to hold
the controls, and as the page footer has no CanShrink property its depth will
be the same on subsequent pages, so you'll have some empty white space
between the bottom of the last detail on the page and the page number.

The above does what you asked in your first post, which is to show it only on
the "first page of an Access 2007 Report".  However, I wonder whether you
really want it on the first page of each group?  If so you'd need a slightly
different approach:

First declare a variable in the report's module's Declarations area:

Dim intPage As Integer

Then in the group header's Format event procedure assign the value of the
current page to the variable:

    intPage = Page

Then in the page footer's Format event procedure show the controls only if
the page is the first page of a group:

    Me.[txtSomeControl].Visible = (Page = intPage)
    Me.[txtSomeOtherControl].Visible = (Page = intPage)

and so on.

Ken Sheridan
Stafford, England

VBNovice10 wrote:
>My report is based off of a current form we manually create through Microsoft
>Word for every customer.  Each customer may have anywhere from 1 to >300
>items, so the detail section length varies.  But I want to populate the
>report through Access from my database to expedite the former form creation.
>
>My report has a report header with a logo, a page header with recurring data
>on each page, a detail section with rows of data populated by rows in my
>database, a group footer, a page footer with page numbers, and a report
>footer which takes up the entire last page.
>
>I was hoping there was a code/method to force the group footer to always
>print on the "first page" only regardless of the number of rows in the detail
>section.  The main question is can a group footer be forced to print in the
>middle of a group section?
>
>Thank you for your help.  Please let me know if you need more detail.
>
>> Hello.
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 21 lines]
>> Still? I thought that is WAS displayed and you wanted it to be displayed
>> ONLY on the first page? What is the page number of the desired page?

KenSheridan
6/7/2010 5:16:22 PM
Thank you for your quick response.  As far as faking it, here are some
details of my report.  My current group footer contains 4 signature blocks
tracking items exchanged from one person to another person.  There are five
columns (Item#, Date, Released By, Received By, and Purpose, respectively).
The 4 rows track four different exchanges between individuals.  The
information in this section is provided post printing and the framework is
needed only on the bottom of the first page.  There is no computing or
calculations required to be filled into this section prior to printing.

Please let me know if you need further information or if my description is
unclear.

Thank you.

"Marshall Barton" wrote:

> VBNovice10 wrote:
>
> >My report is based off of a current form we manually create through Microsoft
> >Word for every customer.  Each customer may have anywhere from 1 to >300
> >items, so the detail section length varies.  But I want to populate the
> >report through Access from my database to expedite the former form creation.
> >
> >My report has a report header with a logo, a page header with recurring data
> >on each page, a detail section with rows of data populated by rows in my
> >database, a group footer, a page footer with page numbers, and a report
> >footer which takes up the entire last page.
> >
> >I was hoping there was a code/method to force the group footer to always
> >print on the "first page" only regardless of the number of rows in the detail
> >section.  The main question is can a group footer be forced to print in the
> >middle of a group section?
> >

> No.  If the group footer displays some kinds of totals for
> the group, those totals may not have been calculated until
> the last detail has been processed.  In that case it would
> not make sense to try to print that kind of total the way
> you want.
>
> In some situations, a report can be made to use the page
> footer to display something different (not running sum
> totals) on specific pages, but this can get kind of
> messy/tricky.  If there is some way to fake what you want,
> we would have to know a whole bunch of details about what
> you need to display in this simulated "group footer".
>
> --
> Marsh
> MVP [MS Access]
> .

So all you need is a row of labels and 4 rows of empty boxes
(plus the pagemumber?), right?  If so, you can do what Ken
suggested.

If you need to reduce the space used by the page footer to
just the page number on the other pages, then that's where
it gets tricky.  One rule about changing the height of the
page footer section is that it needs to be done in a page
**header** event procedure.  Another thing is that you can
not reduce the height of a section so the section's bottom
is above the bottom of the lowest control in the section.
This means that the controls have to be moved up in the
section first (the opposite is true when you move a control
down in the section).  A vague outline of the page header
code would be something like:

Const ROWHGT = .25*1440		' 1/4 inch each
Select Case Me.Page
Case 1
	Me.Section(4).Height = 6*ROWHGT
	Me.txtPageNum.Top = 5*ROWHGT
	Me.lblItem.Visible = True
	Me.lblDate.Visible = True
	 . . .
	For k = 1 to 4
		Me("boxItem" & k).Visible = True
		Me("boxItem" & k).Top = k*ROWHGT
		Me("boxDate" & k).Visible = True
		Me("boxDate" & k).Top = k*ROWHGT
		 . . .
	Next k
Case 2
	Me.txtPageNum.Top = 0
	Me.lblItem.Visible = False
	Me.lblDate.Visible = False
	 . . .
	For k = 1 to 4
		Me("boxItem" & k).Visible = False
		Me("boxItem" & k).Top = 0
		Me("boxDate" & k).Visible = False
		Me("boxDate" & k).Top = 0
		 . . .
	Next k
	Me.Section(4).Height = ROWHGT
End Select
--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

VBNovice10 wrote:
>Thank you for your quick response.  As far as faking it, here are some
>details of my report.  My current group footer contains 4 signature blocks
>tracking items exchanged from one person to another person.  There are five
>columns (Item#, Date, Released By, Received By, and Purpose, respectively).
>The 4 rows track four different exchanges between individuals.  The
>information in this section is provided post printing and the framework is
>needed only on the bottom of the first page.  There is no computing or
>calculations required to be filled into this section prior to printing.
>

>"Marshall Barton" wrote:
>
>> VBNovice10 wrote:
>>
>> >My report is based off of a current form we manually create through Microsoft
>> >Word for every customer.  Each customer may have anywhere from 1 to >300
>> >items, so the detail section length varies.  But I want to populate the
>> >report through Access from my database to expedite the former form creation.
>> >
>> >My report has a report header with a logo, a page header with recurring data
>> >on each page, a detail section with rows of data populated by rows in my
>> >database, a group footer, a page footer with page numbers, and a report
>> >footer which takes up the entire last page.
>> >
>> >I was hoping there was a code/method to force the group footer to always
>> >print on the "first page" only regardless of the number of rows in the detail
>> >section.  The main question is can a group footer be forced to print in the
>> >middle of a group section?
0
Marshall

Printing problem #10
I have a page size of 5.5 x 8.5 set up. When I try to print, one side is upside down. This is with publisher 2007. I had hoped it would be simplified. Can anyone lead me out this mess. I need this publication out the door ASAP!!!!!! Michael in Oak Ridge, TN -- Music washes the grunge of daily living. After you select Print, look at the Printer Preferences and see if you find an option to "flip" page or something similar. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Michael" <Michorium@comcast.net> wrote in message news:72E458E4-E928-4E2E-81F7-B75BBFEA48B1@m...

Excel web page, what is Interactivity?
Hi List when saving excel as a webpage, the box comes up for "interactivity" what does that mean. I want people to be able to use "control + F" to search for info, would I have to tick that box on interactivity to allow them to do that?? Thanks Althea --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.528 / Virus Database: 324 - Release Date: 16/10/2003 Try it both ways and view the results in your browser. Interactivity embeds a true spreadsheet in the web page. But only users who have Office 2000 ...

Printing #6
If you have two columns that are frozen in a worksheet and then you have additional columns to the left of them. How you print your frozen panes with one of the other columns only and have each set on the same page. For example, column 1& 2 are frozen and you want to print Columns 1, 2, 3 on one page together, then on the next page you want to print columns 1,2,4 together on a page and so on. How would you accomplish this. I have tried but can't seem to get the additional columns like 1,2,4 on a page together it alway comes up as two seperate pages. Is there a way to do so...

Splitting Data in a Cell into Groups
I have a issue where I have a list of 3 letter codes seperated by a ; that I need to grouped by the first letter of the code (ABC, ACB, AAA and BAA, BAB, BAC and so on) but I'm unable to figure out how to do this in either Excel or Access. There are about 60,000 rows and 1 code to 500 codes in each cell. Please help Here is an example of the data ABC;ACD;ADD;AEF;BOA;BPA;BZZ;CED;CEZ;TTY;ZZZ We want a way to seperate the data in the columns into 26 Columns (Each Column for each letter in the alphabet) Column A: ABC;ACD;ADD;AEF Column B: BOA;BPA;BZZ Column C: CED;CEZ Column T:...

Cannot print Contacts by Company Name. Using Windows Vista with Outlook 2007.
When we goto print the contacts in Outlook 2007, the persons name is at the top instead of the company. Please advise. Thanks, ...

Columns for news groups
I would like to select my desired columns for all news groups. Is there any way to configure it for all news groups? Thanks, Scott Hi Scott, there is no way to batch-apply column settings to all the newsgroups. You need to modify them individually, I'm afraid. On 26/12/09 12:54, Scott wrote: > I would like to select my desired columns for all news groups. Is there any > way to configure it for all news groups? > > Thanks, > > Scott > -- Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP (Macintosh) *** Please always reply to the newsgroup. *** That is...

How to print label by using Report Writer?
Hi; Is there any ways to print label by using Report Writer? I want to print some product registration card with serial number on it. I want to print 6 to 8 registration cards on a letter size paper, different serial number printed on each card. Something like the address lable. Can it be done in Report Writer? Kane You can use the Divider tool in the Report Writer to create columns a size the body section to be the height of one label. Use the Page Header and Page Footer sections to set the non-printable areas at the top and bottom of the page. It will take a little trial and e...

Duplex printing separate worksheets in the same workbook
Can anyone tell me how to set up configuration (if possible) to print worksheets in the same workbook duplexed on the printer. I have tried settings in the page setup and with the printer and so far have had no luck. any ideas? Tim ...

Force Uninstall
All, A coupla questions . . . Suppose I just want to forcefully uninstall Exchange 2000 from a server, and an org. Currently the uninstall fails because (as mentioned in a previous post) I have users that still show as being on that server, however the store that those users were on is no longer there (because of a disaster). Is there some way to force the uninstall? Another question. I have two healthy clustered machines running currently. Suppose I just remove the object for the old exchange server from the ESM? Assuming I have performed all of the other steps steps (like moving o...

Printing 1 of ? pages.
Is it possible to print two copies of the same sheet onto one sheet (A5 onto A4 size) and have each A5 sheet numbered 1 of 2, 2 of 2 even though thy are on one sheet. I can print one sheet at a time numbered 1 of ?, 2 of ? ... up to a number entered in cell I2 using:- Sub PrintCopies_ActiveSheet_() Dim CopiesCount As Long Dim CopieNumber As Long CopiesCount =Range("I2") For CopieNumber = 1 to CopiesCount With ActiveSheet .Range("C12").Value = CopieNumber & " of " & CopiesCount .PrintOut End With Next C...

local policy exception to group policy
Here's our situation: We're running SBS 2003 and I have the security policy of having the computers "lock" after 30 minutes, so to prevent unauthorized usage ~ we have many organizations and students wandering about. We just added a security system that's based on XP and I added the computer to our network, so staff can monitor alley ways and exits. Unfortunately, this computer now locks as well, defeating the purpose of a 24-7 monitor. Is there a way to create an exception to the local policy? Thanks! -- "I''m a IT administrator, Jim,...

How do i email publisher document as seen in print preview
I have created an invitation on publisher that i now want to email to people as it looks in print preview - so that it is a complete document and not editable. Would really appreciate any tips or ideas!! Trish and Simon <Trish and Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have created an invitation on publisher that i now want to email to > people as it looks in print preview - so that it is a complete > document and not editable. Create a PDF. www.primopdf.com has a free converter. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org/ ...

How do I set up an incoming hyperlink to a page within a frame?

Combining pages
How do I combine two A4 pages of pictues in to a single publisher document? Alan wrote: > How do I combine two A4 pages of pictues in to a single publisher > document? ================================ Add a blank page to the target document. To add the second page...Select All / Copy / Paste. FWIW...you can open more than one instance of Publisher. -- J. Inzer MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may not work for you Proceed at your own risk ...

Printing to Adobe
I get a runtime error everytime I print an invoice to Adobe 6.0. What's the deal? The invoice prints to the adobe distiller and creates the PDF. However MS Money crashes, sometimes it restarts itself to the sign on location other times, it just closes. Is there a fix? Below is error I get: Program: msmoney.exe R6025 - pure virtual function call I am using: MS Money 2006 Small Business version 15.0.150.513 In microsoft.public.money, Caddant wrote: >I get a runtime error everytime I print an invoice to Adobe 6.0. What's the >deal? The invoice prints to the adobe distiller an...

forcing user input into cells
howdy all... i'm new to doing stuff with excel have a bit of a background in javascript programming what i'm trying to do is force a user to enter something, anything int a specific cell if the user tries to tab past the cell and leave it blank, i want a error to come up, telling them that they have to enter something befor they can continue on with entry into other cells any help would be much appreciated -Thank -- georgi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- georgio's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=164...

Force quit
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Closing Word get error message &quot;A file error has occurred. Check your network connections or make sure the disk is properly inserted&quot; Am then required to use force quit. Anybody have solution? Make sure Office & OS X are fully updated. If they are & you still encounter the problem, crashing on Quit is usually the result of one of theses causes: Need to repair disk permissions Damaged preference files Corrupt Normal.dotm template See this page for the respective links in t...

Forcing Appointments
I use outlook to schedule appointments with my customers with specific employees. I have a scheduling department that does this scheduling via outlook. The employees have no option to reject or modify these appointments; therefore, I would like to force this on their calendar with them having to accept it and not allowing them to modify it. Additionally, I need to know real time once they are scheduled. Right now I don't know they are scheduled until they accept and that sometimes takes too long and then they are inadvertently double booked by the scheduling department. So how do ...

How to emulate Footer with table
I'm using a third party software (Oracle's BI Publisher) that allows me to consume XML and generate forms using designed Templates in Word. It can make use of the native header/footer in Word to handle pagination nicely however some of the functions I need to use cannot be used within a Word footer. Is there a way to duplicate the properties of a footer on a table? For example, the table would need to anchor to the bottom of the page, not move with the text above and print on every sheet. My document currently consists of 2 seperate tables... the body content and the...

Header and footer noncompatibility
I've been trying to combine several components of a word doc together, the main sections of which the headers and footers are set to odd and even. Despite using section breaks at the end of the early part of the doc - not in odd/even H&F format - I can't seem to have one part in odd/even format w/o it overriding the previous the non odd/even format. The sections are otherwise formatted the same way, but I've hit a wall and no one else here seems to have gotten any further with it. Any suggestions? Thx! Uncheck "Link to Previous" (or "Same as Pre...

Multi-level grouping drill down SSRS report
I have the following dataset: col_group col_province col_health_region col_city_region col_hospital col_total col_median col_25_percentile col_75_percentile province BC 661 65 53 75 health_region BC east 499 56 45 73 city_region BC east city_east_1 143 69 105 89 hospital BC east city_east_1 hospital_east_11 58 54 58 65 hospital BC east city_east_1 hospital_east_12 85 15 47 24 city_region BC east city_east_2 214 74 111 85 hospital BC east city_east_2 hospital_east_2 214 74 111 85 city_region BC east city_east_3 72 79 88 ...

Printing Pivot Table Pie Charts
I have 1400 names in a list each, person has their own data. I created a pivot pie chart to display that data. Can anyone tell me how to print the pivot table so I get a separate sheet for each name selected...without me having to click on the dropdown list each time? Also does anyone know how to hide a field, but have the data still be displayed in the pie chart? thanks ...

A9 (1/2 page) top fold card
Hi. I recently upgraded from 2003 to 2007. I was pleased to see it now includes half-page top fold cards. It seems to work for smaller cards but not for half page cards. It keeps putting pages 2 and 3 next to each other (a la side-fold) rather than above and below. I'd rather not go back to rotating the image myself. Am I doing something wrong or id this a bug? Thanks -- Denise - Somerset Hills Handicapped Riding Center I am having the identical problem today. I really need a top fold! Any responses yet? "Denise" wrote: > Hi. I recently upgraded from 2003 t...

Printable page height
?????? -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Derk" <derrick.king@bradford.gov.uk> wrote in message news:ab2dnZmkrtkvpYXZSa8jmw@karoo.co.uk... > > ...

Field with both first name and last name
I have a table where the field PRODUCTION_DESIGNER is composed of a persons first and last name with a single space between them, for example "David Henderson" is in the contents. Select this field and truncate this to the initials of the first and last name and place into another field leaving the original field untouched. The new field would have "DH" as its contents. Thank you Use the expression Left(Production_Designer,1) & Mid(Production_Designer,Instr(Production_Designer," ")+1,1) If you want to do this in an update query UPDATE [Your Table ...