Fields not shrinking

I have a report that has two fields (that contain email addresses), that I
am trying to print on a report, right next to each other. They have the same
Top value, and same height value. I have them both set to Can Grow and Can
Shrink. However, when both fields are blank, it still shows a blank line on
the report (nothing else is within the height of these two cells, they are
on their own "line". What might be interfering?

0
Joseph

Also set the CanGrow and CanShrink properties to Yes for the section in
which these textboxes are located (perhaps the Detail section?).
--

        Ken Snell
http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/

"Joseph Greenberg" <jjgfromnj@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a report that has two fields (that contain email addresses), that I
>am trying to print on a report, right next to each other. They have the
>same Top value, and same height value. I have them both set to Can Grow and
>Can Shrink. However, when both fields are blank, it still shows a blank
>line on the report (nothing else is within the height of these two cells,
>they are on their own "line". What might be interfering?

0
Ken
11/22/2009 11:40:14 PM
Everything on the report is set to CanGrow and CanShrink, and still nothing
is shrinking. And the fields in question are in a header section, by the
way. Any other possibilities?

"Ken Snell" <kthsneisllis9@ncoomcastt.renaetl> wrote in message
> Also set the CanGrow and CanShrink properties to Yes for the section in
> which these textboxes are located (perhaps the Detail section?).
> --
>
>        Ken Snell
> http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/
>

> "Joseph Greenberg" <jjgfromnj@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have a report that has two fields (that contain email addresses), that I
>>am trying to print on a report, right next to each other. They have the
>>same Top value, and same height value. I have them both set to Can Grow
>>and Can Shrink. However, when both fields are blank, it still shows a
>>blank line on the report (nothing else is within the height of these two
>>cells, they are on their own "line". What might be interfering?

0
Joseph
11/23/2009 3:05:02 AM
?"Artwork"?  -- any chance there are OTHER objects in that section?

--

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in
this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does
not constitute endorsement thereof.

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

"Joseph Greenberg" <jjgfromnj@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a report that has two fields (that contain email addresses), that I
>am trying to print on a report, right next to each other. They have the
>same Top value, and same height value. I have them both set to Can Grow and
>Can Shrink. However, when both fields are blank, it still shows a blank
>line on the report (nothing else is within the height of these two cells,
>they are on their own "line". What might be interfering?

0
Jeff
11/23/2009 12:14:58 PM
Maybe I'm not getting something about how reports are supposed to work... My
"parent record" data is in a grouping header, and my child record data is in
the Detail section (I should also mention I have some sorts "on top" of the
group header - there are 2 group headers after the page header, though the
first group header is empty (no fields). If I delete all the fields in my
second group header, it still shows the full height of the group header in
my report, even though it's sent to CanShrink. Is that the way it's supposed
to work?

"Jeff Boyce" <JeffBoyce_IF@msn.com-DISCARD-HYPHEN-TO-END> wrote in message
> ?"Artwork"?  -- any chance there are OTHER objects in that section?
>
> --
>
> Regards
>
> Jeff Boyce
> Microsoft Access MVP
>
> Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
> in
> this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does
> not constitute endorsement thereof.

> guarantee as to suitability.

> possible/necessary.
>
> "Joseph Greenberg" <jjgfromnj@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have a report that has two fields (that contain email addresses), that I
>>am trying to print on a report, right next to each other. They have the
>>same Top value, and same height value. I have them both set to Can Grow
>>and Can Shrink. However, when both fields are blank, it still shows a
>>blank line on the report (nothing else is within the height of these two
>>cells, they are on their own "line". What might be interfering?

0
Joseph
11/23/2009 11:06:50 PM
Which header section? Page header section doesn't have CanGrow or CanShrink
property.
--

> Everything on the report is set to CanGrow and CanShrink, and still
> nothing is shrinking. And the fields in question are in a header section,
> by the way. Any other possibilities?
>
> "Ken Snell" <kthsneisllis9@ncoomcastt.renaetl> wrote in message
>> Also set the CanGrow and CanShrink properties to Yes for the section in
>> which these textboxes are located (perhaps the Detail section?).
>> --
>>
>>        Ken Snell
>> http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/
>>

>> "Joseph Greenberg" <jjgfromnj@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I have a report that has two fields (that contain email addresses), that
>>>I am trying to print on a report, right next to each other. They have the
>>>same Top value, and same height value. I have them both set to Can Grow
>>>and Can Shrink. However, when both fields are blank, it still shows a
>>>blank line on the report (nothing else is within the height of these two
>>>cells, they are on their own "line". What might be interfering?

0
Ken

Assistant Field in AD Users and Computers for GAL
We have an Exchange2003 SP2 environment that was migrated from an Exchange 5.5 SP4 environment and have a question. The GAL shows the Assistant field buit there doesn't seem to be any way to enter data for that field other than using ADSIEdit. Am I missing something? Any assistance provided will be greatly appreciated. Have a great day. Jim i don't believe there is any other way... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB4D39F3-F051-484D-A6D7-1ACFF7CABCEE@microsoft.com... > We have an Exchange2003 SP2 environm...

Absolute Field Validation
My main form is based on tbl_household_info which stores contact information and subform is based on tbl_family_member which stores name, gender, birthdate, etc. On the subform, I have a field called relationship that can be any of these values: Head of HH Husband Wife Son Daughter What I would like to happen is that one of the family members must be set to Head of HH before letting the user go to another household. In other words, when pressing the backward or forward navigation button of the main form, it needs to check to make sure Head of HH is selected for current family...

I can not sort hyperlink field in the query
Hello My query is like below, hyperlink field will not be sort in data sheet view.out put data is like below: Please help. thanks in advanced. Unit No Line Size Fluid Code Unit No Iso Pipe Sequence No Piping Class Insulation Code hyper 100 10 G 100 20014 G03P2 N 10-G10020014-G03P2-N_Sht_3.pdf 100 10 G 100 20014 G03P2 N 10-G10020014-G03P2-N_Sht_4.pdf 100 10 G 100 20014 G03P2 N 10-G10020014-G03P2-N_Sht_1.pdf 100 10 G 100 20014 G03P2 N 10-G10020014-G03P2-N_Sht_2.pdf my query: SELECT DISTINCTROW qryiso.[Unit No], qryiso.[Line Size], qryi...

Adding Recurrence Field to Tasks
Using Outlook 2003 I have my list of tasks for my department grouped by category. The fields I have visible are Subject, Status, Due Date & Start Date. I want to add a column for "Recurrence." I want to be able to see if the recurrence is (for example) monthly, weekly or annually. I don't need to know if it's the first Monday of every month, just that it's monthly. I went into the field chooser and I cannot find a field that would accomplish this. Can this be done? There is a recurring field, but that just lets me know if the task IS recurring, not when...

Link from field to drop down list
Good Morning All, Currently I'm trying to link a field in Microsoft Excel to a drop down list so it automatically updates as you begin to type text. This is a suburb field if that gives you more of an idea of what Im trying to achieve. Thanks Hi, Kassie. Excel doesn't do this with a dropdown list. Only Access does. I don't even think it can be coded to do so. <-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-> Hope this helps! Anne Troy (better known as Dreamboat) Web: www.VBAExpress.com <-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-&g...

Count Field Change Event
Hi Folks, Using Access 2003 with XPSP2. I have designed a form (frmMain) with an embedded sub-form (frmSub). frmSub contains a number of records that are displayed in continuous form mode. frmSub also contains a field (tbxCount) in its form footer that counts up the number of records displayed in the Detail section (and seems to work ok). What I want is for the change of the Count field to trigger the Change Event so that - when the count reaches a given number (say 10) I can change the AllowAdditions control to stop any additional records being entered. At the moment all i'm usi...

Outlook 2003
When creating a new email and I click the TO: field button to choose an email, it defaults to contacts in my Business folder (on the right under "Show names from the:" drop down box. I cant figure out why as that is not even the first name on the list. Can I make it automaticlly open up to a specific folder I have most of my contacts in every time? Thanks! Nancy open your address book and select tools > options. from here you can specify which folder you want to be the default. >-----Original Message----- >When creating a new email and I click the TO: field button >to...

SECTIONPAGES field code
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, <br> An earlier post titled &quot;Page x of y Reset&quot; had an answer to having y be the number of pages in the section. The answer was to change the field code NUMPAGES to SECTIONPAGES. What wasn't mentioned is that you then must do an Edit->Replace changing all occurrences of NUMPAGES to SECTIONPAGES in order to have SECTIONPAGES reflected in all the footers (or headers) of the section. <br> Thanks That would not have been mentioned because it would not be needed if the fo...

How to print Design View of Table ? (Fields & Field Definitions)
Is there any way to print the design view of a table... meaning the list of field names, data types, and field descriptions Other than doing a screen capture (PrtSc) and then pasting into a graphic program and then printing?? thanks for any help. "MyEmailList@gmail.com" <MyEmailList@gmail.com> wrote in message <1175962925.340849.227360@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>: > Is there any way to print the design view of a table... > > meaning the list of field names, data types, and field descriptions > > Other than doing a screen capture (PrtSc) and then pasti...

URGENT : Adding search criteria for my Custom Field ???
Hi, I have created a new field in contact form, now how can i add this newly added field in the search criteria. (ex) Added a new field in contact form named MemberId(string field). in the search box of contact form how can i add this new field in the search. Thanks in advance. Richard, You should see any newly created fields when you use the Advanced Find functionality. If you don't see them you may want to re-publish the XML in the Deployment Manager and reset IIS. ~Dave >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I have created a new field in contact form, now how can i a...

Change of Text Field from "Text" to Empty "Lookup"
Hi, MOPS 2007 with SP2. I have recently experienced two occasions with two seperate schedules where all the text fields have changed their input criteria from normal "text" to a blank lookup table. This has removed all the data that was previously in the fields. This appears to have happened automatically. Project Professional users have not changed the settings in their files. The administrator claims not to have changed any settings in global. Furthermore, the administrator is now claiming that local macros are probably causing this, without explaining how it happ...

deleting old email recipients from the "To" field
Can anybody tell me how on earth I can clear out the recipient suggestions from the "To" field in outlook. This is a very annoying feature when outlook suggests recipients that do not exist anymore. Thanks, Christoph Using your arrow keys, cursor to the entry and hit the Delete key. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Christoph" <cstreubert@disney.com> wrote in message news:9f5101c43466$d5a9a570$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Can anybody t...

Hyperlinks in list 'Reference' field
Hi - Is there a way to have a link to a document open up in a new window - versus having the link open over the current page? I know you can right click over the link and choose 'open in new window' but is there a way to default that with the left click? And on a somewhat related note - is there any way to freeze the field heading names so that they don't disappear when you scroll down the list? Thank you lae you can use by "Edit HTML Source" menu. 1. insert Hyperlink. 2. Click "Edit HTML Source" 3. type "target=_blank" to A t...

Multiple fields into one
Hello! This is concatenating with a twist. I have three tables: Tag: *tag Doc_ref: *DocID *GenID Document; *DocID Doc_Type GenID linked to Tag with a one to many relationship Document!DocID to Doc_ref!DocID with a one to many Now, what I need is to get one field with all the DocID values with a certain type for each tag For Tag1 i need a field with "Doc1 - Doc2" where doc_type is "type1" and so on. How can this be done? It is not very often I need this done, so it could be a maketable query or code. -- Message posted via AccessMonst...

I want to lock an electronic worksheet with text form fields?
I made a lot of electronic worksheets for my students to retrieve from our student shares folder and put them in their own folders and answer the questions in text form fields. I was able to lock them easily in older office version. I can't seem to find it on the newer Office. On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 15:11:01 -0800, Mary Ann <Mary Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I made a lot of electronic worksheets for my students to retrieve from our >student shares folder and put them in their own folders and answer the >questions in text form fields. I was able to lock...

Extend field using Thai characters.
Helo, Can anyone help me on how to extend the field using Thai characters in GP. TQ Nalz, I am not sure what ou mean by "extend field using Thai characters", but if you are referring to translating Microsoft Dynamics GP in Thai it is certainly possible as Thai is not a double-byte character set language. Take a look at the translation series by David Musgrave at http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2009/02/09/translating-dexterity-applications-series.aspx -- Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC htt...

Format description field in report
Hi, I take the description attribute (ntext data type) of opportuniy product into the report. Since the user inputed the detail of product into desription such as the item name, code, quantity, total price; each of those items are seperated by space manually. When this attribute (description) is taking into report preview in VS.net, the outcomes was totally mess. Is there a way to format the field? How to do it? Carrie ------=_NextPart_0001_414886BD Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I take the description at...

Show renamed user fields in PWA
In Project Pro 2007 I've defined the "text1" field to display as "Task Type". How do I get this to carry over into PWA? The published project shows "Text1" as the field heading. Pete Hay Hi Pete, You need to do this via the Enterprise Custom Fields in Server settings. Create a task field of type text and call it Task Type. Open up project, and you'll find it's available to everyone. -- Regards, Ben. http://www.applepark.co.uk http://appleparkltd.spaces.live.com/ "Pete Hay" wrote: > In Project Pro 2007 I'...

converting date and time fields
Hello, I have columns that contain date and time in the "14/07/2003 17:57:00" format. I need to convert them into date-only and time-only fields (not only visually). How do I get rid of the date/time part? Thanks thanks! "Laura Cook" <laura@top-brands.com> wrote in message news:eP$BBBzZDHA.2648@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > With date and time in column A, in B1 enter: > > =INT(A1) > > Format as a date. Now in C1 enter: > > =A1-B1 > > Format as a time. > > Copy the formulas down as far as needed. If you no longer need column A, > ...

Activating Fields
Due to a corrupted Contacts folder I have been directed (by the Microsoft Support team) to set up a new profile and import my contacts from a previous Outlook to the new profile - which has resolved the corrupted file issue. However, where there were 'fields' in the previous Outlook that could be used (ie drag and drop for columns in contact views) the fields seem deactivated (the data is there but I'm unable to use it in views or Field Chooser). Can anybody help with the activation of these fields ? Many thanks for your help. James You will need to create those fields...

Issues with a deleted field that is linked to a form
Hi there I careated a form which used a field which I have deleted from my database because it wasn't needed. Now everyone I open the database, a missing parameter.value text box keeps popping up. What is the best way to delete this field without this recurring message? Thank you On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 14:43:01 -0700, forest8 <forest8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi there > >I careated a form which used a field which I have deleted from my database >because it wasn't needed. > >Now everyone I open the database, a missing parameter....

Refresh form after macro updates fields
I'm using Access 07. I have a form Employees based on a table of the same name. I also have a form Policies also based on a table of that same name. Table Employees contains basic personal information on employees, while Policies contains insurance policy information. The policies table also contains some of the same info as the Employees table (name, DOB, etc ...) An employee may have multiple policies. On the data entry form Employees, the user enters the basic employee info (name, DOB, SSN, etc ...) then clicks a button to open the entry form for Policies. On the Po...

Outlook 2002 : cannot view the 'From' field in Inbox message pane
Hi everybody. For some reason, I cannot display the 'From' field in the message pane of the Inbox folder. If I try to add the field by doing Menu Display > Current Display > Personnalize Display (sorry, I am using the French version of Outlook), then clicking on the 'Fields' button and 'Add field', Oulook stops responding and I get the usual MS error message, proposing to send an error report to Microsoft. I just cannot correlate this problem with anything I could have done. I have a stable system, I didn't install anything, and, otherwise, Outlook is workin...

Phone field should allow for 5 digit extension number.
Many companies, including Microsoft, have 5 digit extensions for their phone numbers. i.e xxx-xxx-xxxx ext. xxxxx Dynamics is limited to 4. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/...

Help pls !! Lead convert to contact with new field ?
hi all, when converting lead to contact, only certain field is allow and able map to contact(my understanding). My problem is if i have new field created in lead and would like to transfer the new field value to contact record when convert from lead to contact. How i can do for it ? Thank you Check this post http://blogs.inetium.com/blogs/rtoenies/archive/2006/07/31/272.aspx Hope this helps, Jevgenij "crm beginner" <crmbeginner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF23663B-97DB-4575-B921-FD6F3C19BADD@microsoft.com... > hi all, > > when converting ...