field only on first page..

I have created a report from a query, in this report i have the field name
"Truck Type" in the page header because I was it to be shown only one time on
each page. Right now it is only showing one time (like i want it), but its
only on the first page?? Can someone explain what I need to do? Thanks

stephendeloach

stephendeloach via AccessMonster.com wrote:

>I have created a report from a query, in this report i have the field name
>"Truck Type" in the page header because I was it to be shown only one time on
>each page. Right now it is only showing one time (like i want it), but its
>only on the first page??

It sounds like you put it in the report header instead of
the page header.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Marshall Barton wrote:
>>I have created a report from a query, in this report i have the field name
>>"Truck Type" in the page header because I was it to be shown only one time on
>>each page. Right now it is only showing one time (like i want it), but its
>>only on the first page??
>
>It sounds like you put it in the report header instead of
>the page header.

stephendeloach
5/2/2007 8:40:25 PM
How does the text box get its value?  If it's bound to field
in the record source, does the field have the same value for
every record?
--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

stephendeloach via AccessMonster.com wrote:

>Nope. Page Header. Its weird.. When I drag it into the Page header and leave
>the Label (Text68:), the Label shows on the next page but no Truck Type???
>
>>>I have created a report from a query, in this report i have the field name
>>>"Truck Type" in the page header because I was it to be shown only one time on
>>>each page. Right now it is only showing one time (like i want it), but its
>>>only on the first page??
0
Marshall
5/2/2007 10:34:43 PM
I drag-droped it from my fields list into the Page Header. Deleted the Label
(Text68). Control source is "Truck Type" from Daily Log Query. No the field
has different values for each record, but im querying by "Truck #" which the
truck # i query has the same "Truck Type".... Whick makes me think it
shouldnt be a problem?? Thanks for the help...

Marshall Barton wrote:
>How does the text box get its value?  If it's bound to field
>in the record source, does the field have the same value for
>every record?
>>Nope. Page Header. Its weird.. When I drag it into the Page header and leave
>>the Label (Text68:), the Label shows on the next page but no Truck Type???
>[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]

stephendeloach
5/3/2007 2:08:52 PM
stephendeloach via AccessMonster.com wrote:

>I drag-droped it from my fields list into the Page Header. Deleted the Label
>(Text68). Control source is "Truck Type" from Daily Log Query. No the field
>has different values for each record, but im querying by "Truck #" which the
>truck # i query has the same "Truck Type".... Whick makes me think it
>shouldnt be a problem?? Thanks for the help...
>
>Marshall Barton wrote:
>>How does the text box get its value?  If it's bound to field
>>in the record source, does the field have the same value for
>>every record?

>>>Nope. Page Header. Its weird.. When I drag it into the Page header and leave
>>>the Label (Text68:), the Label shows on the next page but no Truck Type???
>>[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]
>>each page. Right now it is only showing one time (like i want it), but its
>>only on the first page??

As long as all the records in the report have the same value
in that field, each page should display the same value.
(The Page header/footer bound text boxes will get the value
from the first/last record on the page.)

Given the way Access works with these things, there is
something definitely wrong here.  Either you are doing
something to obliterate the value (hide the text box behind
another control, setting the font color to white, ? ? ?) or
the report has become corrupted.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Marshall Barton wrote:
>>I drag-droped it from my fields list into the Page Header. Deleted the Label
>>(Text68). Control source is "Truck Type" from Daily Log Query. No the field
>[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
>>>in the record source, does the field have the same value for
>>>every record?

>>>[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]
>>>each page. Right now it is only showing one time (like i want it), but its
>>>only on the first page??
>
>As long as all the records in the report have the same value
>in that field, each page should display the same value.
>(The Page header/footer bound text boxes will get the value
>from the first/last record on the page.)
>
>Given the way Access works with these things, there is
>something definitely wrong here.  Either you are doing
>something to obliterate the value (hide the text box behind
>another control, setting the font color to white, ? ? ?) or
>the report has become corrupted.

stephendeloach
5/3/2007 4:51:36 PM
stephendeloach via AccessMonster.com wrote:

>Could it be that there is say 200 records for truck 202 but the value for
>Truck Type only has 3 values in the Truck Type field? (We didnt want to have
>to type 2000 Chevrolet 200 times)....

If 197 out of 200 records do not have a value in the truck
type field, the odds are very high that any page will
display a null values.

This changes the problem completely.

It seems like you were very lucky to get the Truck Type to
display on the first page.  Can you guarantee that the first
record in the report's data set has a value in the Truck
Type field?  If so how?

Is it always true that a truck # will only have one Truck
Type value?  If so, why isn't the Truck Type field in the
Trucks table instead?

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Marshall Barton wrote:
>>Could it be that there is say 200 records for truck 202 but the value for
>>Truck Type only has 3 values in the Truck Type field? (We didnt want to have
>>to type 2000 Chevrolet 200 times)....
>
>If 197 out of 200 records do not have a value in the truck
>type field, the odds are very high that any page will
>display a null values.
>
>This changes the problem completely.
>
>It seems like you were very lucky to get the Truck Type to
>display on the first page.  Can you guarantee that the first
>record in the report's data set has a value in the Truck
>Type field?  If so how?
>
>Is it always true that a truck # will only have one Truck
>Type value?  If so, why isn't the Truck Type field in the
>Trucks table instead?

stephendeloach
5/3/2007 6:22:47 PM
OK after talking with my co-worker, is there a way that i can link the "Truck
#", "Vin #" and "Truck Type" fields?? Say Im in the form where all this is
entered, I type in "Truck #"  -  202, automatically it knows to fill the "Vin
#" and "Truck Type" fields?   For example.. link "Truck #" - 117 to "Vin #" -
D311520483 to "Truck Type" - 2000 Chevrolet... ??

stephendeloach wrote:
>Yes, They are sorted by Date. The first record has the Truck Type.
>We have two tables... Truck Number and Daily Log. Truck Number only has the
>numbers of the truck. Daily Log has all the other info. Truck Type, Date, Vin
>#, etc...
>
>>>Could it be that there is say 200 records for truck 202 but the value for
>>>Truck Type only has 3 values in the Truck Type field? (We didnt want to have
>[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]
>>Type value?  If so, why isn't the Truck Type field in the
>>Trucks table instead?

stephendeloach
5/3/2007 7:01:30 PM
stephendeloach via AccessMonster.com wrote:

>OK after talking with my co-worker, is there a way that i can link the "Truck
>#", "Vin #" and "Truck Type" fields?? Say Im in the form where all this is
>entered, I type in "Truck #"  -  202, automatically it knows to fill the "Vin
>#" and "Truck Type" fields?   For example.. link "Truck #" - 117 to "Vin #" -
>D311520483 to "Truck Type" - 2000 Chevrolet... ??
>
>stephendeloach wrote:
>>Yes, They are sorted by Date. The first record has the Truck Type.
>>We have two tables... Truck Number and Daily Log. Truck Number only has the
>>numbers of the truck. Daily Log has all the other info. Truck Type, Date, Vin
>>#, etc...

>>[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]
>>>Type value?  If so, why isn't the Truck Type field in the
>>>Trucks table instead?

If the "Truck#", "Vin #" and "Truck Type" fields are in the
Truck Number table (where the rules of Normalization
indicates they should be), then you can Join the two tables
in the report's RecordSource query and everything should
fall into place.  Just add both tables to the query and make
sure the connecting line is between the truck number fields.

I strongly recommend that your data entry form consist of a
main form bound to the Truck Number table and have fields
for the "Truck#", "Vin #" and "Truck Type" values.   Then
use a subform bound to the Daily Log table.  Just remember
to set the Link Master/Child Fields properties to the truck
number fields.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Marshall Barton wrote:
>>OK after talking with my co-worker, is there a way that i can link the "Truck
>>#", "Vin #" and "Truck Type" fields?? Say Im in the form where all this is
>[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]
>
>If the "Truck#", "Vin #" and "Truck Type" fields are in the
>Truck Number table (where the rules of Normalization
>indicates they should be), then you can Join the two tables
>in the report's RecordSource query and everything should
>fall into place.  Just add both tables to the query and make
>sure the connecting line is between the truck number fields.
>
>I strongly recommend that your data entry form consist of a
>main form bound to the Truck Number table and have fields
>for the "Truck#", "Vin #" and "Truck Type" values.   Then
>use a subform bound to the Daily Log table.  Just remember
>to set the Link Master/Child Fields properties to the truck
>number fields.

stephendeloach

validate a field based on sum of other fields
I have to assign commission to agents for each "order". I can have anywhere from 1 agent at 100% commission to 5 agents with every possible combination of percentages. Obviously, I need the percentage entries to only add up to 100 and I'd like to force the user to adjust the figures until they total 100. Firstly, am I right in assuming it would be better to be assigning the agents to the orderIDs in separate records: OrderID, Agent, Agent Percentage (as opposed to having one record contain the OrderID, Agent1, Agent1Percentage, Agent2, Agent2Percentage, Agent3, Agent3Pe...

Pivot Table Calculated field #3
I have a pivot table with columns for No's, Yes's and Grand Total. I would like to calculate the % of Yes's by dividing the Yes's by the Grand total. Can someone give me an easy explanation of how to do that or a source? I have tried every thing I can think of and the directions I have found have not helped.... Thanks, Ann To calculate total percent Yes, you could use the GETPIVOTDATA function in a formula outside the pivot table. For example: =GETPIVOTDATA("Region",$A$5,"Valid","Yes")/GETPIVOTDATA("Region",$A$5) MOE wrote: &g...

can we give page numbers to a document in Adobe
Looking for help If all you have is the .pdf file, nothing in Office will help. If that's not what you mean, you need to supply more information. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Amina" <Amina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FDA38097-697A-4AAD-983E-0F96705310C4@microsoft.com... > Looking for help amina, could you elaboarate and provide a bit more infromation: what is your objective to send this information? from which office product? just a few thin...

Locking Field position on screen.
I have created a simple form in Word 2007 with maybe 2 or 3 fields across and 3 or 4 fields down, but my problem is I would like to be able to lock the field positions in place on the screen. When I type in a field, the field to the left moves. I need to lock the position. Can this be done. Frank Most forms designers put form fields in table cells of a fixed dimension. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Francis Cunningham, Jr." <FrancisCunninghamJr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

scripto to cut/paste to next field
Here is my situation: 1) A page on IE will be open, and I will have a cursor in a field on the page (field that has text in it) 2) I need to hit a shortcut (ctrl-shft-something) that cuts everything to the right of the cursor, advances a field (effectively, replicates ‘tab’ action), and pastes Anyone have some code (and instructions on what to do with the code) that may solve the above? -- Boris "BorisS" <BorisS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4B54CE9-F2A4-4195-B2E3-ABA75A49202C@microsoft.com... > Here is my situation: > > 1...

Bordering multiple pages in a sheet?
Is it possible to set a border around all my pages in one of my sheets In other words is there some sort of master that would apply to ever page in my worksheet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Not without using VBA. This would be complex.......finding page-breaks and adding borders based on that. For printing purposes, why don't you print some sheets with the border then run your print selection through using those sheets with the pre-printed borders? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:34:53 -0500, jkb724 <<jkb724.19t383@excelforum-nospam.com>&...

When printing a contact the other field (Notes) get cut off
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Also when just viewing the contact in the address book. <br> I have tried this on two different macbook pro's and the issue is the same. Tried a different printer also. Please help On 3/10/10 12:47 PM, mwilshrie@officeformac.com wrote: > Also when just viewing the contact in the address book. I have tried > this on two different macbook pro's and the issue is the same. Tried > a different printer also. Please help Can you post a picture of what you're de...

text field to date field field
I have a database that has a text field called "visit" it has been filled with data ie., " 6/22/07 - not good, " the field may also be blank or it may contain random text after the date. In some cases no date at all just text. I would like to create a new field called DateVisit that contains just the dates that were entered in the field "visit" it has been a struggle and I have made no progress please help abbenj@verizon.net/nospam From your description, the field might contain a date, or a date and text, or text, or nothing. How would you explai...

Form Fields In Outlook Template
Help !!! I'm not a developer, just a user, but I need some help. What I want to do is create an Outlook 2003 template, that uses form fields (Text, drop down boxes, etc.....) However, it looks like to properly create an Outlook template, you cannot use Word as your editor. But if I do not use Word as the editor, then I cannot access the Form Toolbar. This cannot be a new request - but I just cannot seem to figure this out. Help !!! Thank you See my response to your other post on this issue.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart...

Select First(Field1) From Table1 Order By Field1
Hi I am trying to run a query in this format: - SELECT First([FM_InvoiceImport].[Field1]) AS FirstOfField1 FROM FM_InvoiceImport ORDER BY [FM_InvoiceImport].[Field1]; It keeps telling me 'You tried to execute a query that does not include the specified expression '[FM_InvoiceImport].[Field1]' as part of an aggregate function.' Why won't it work?? Stapes SELECT First(FM_InvoiceImport.Field1) AS FirstOfField1 FROM FM_InvoiceImport; or SELECT First(FM_InvoiceImport.Field1) AS FirstOfField1, FM_InvoiceImport.IDField FROM FM_InvoiceImport GROUP BY FM_InvoiceImport.ID...

Purchase orders
Is there any way to have purchase orders print size matrixe horizontally instead of vertically? I can place an order for fiv style of shoes and the PO will be four pages long because of th large number of different sizes in the matrix. If the size matri could print horizontally, the PO would be about a third of a singl page. I'm talking about Quicksell. But what about RMS also? Do you need t buy a third party program for another $1,000 to make this happen ...

Default fields in new fields
Using Outlook 2K When creating a new mail folder, it does not include the Subject and Received fields necessitating their having to be added every time. How can I get this to revert to the default fields? Thanks, Cathy ...

formview and property pages
I have a formview with four property pages. What I would like to do is populate the CEdit controls with variables contained in the active property page when the "Refresh" button (also in the active property page) is pressed. My formview class is the one that is handling communications to the device driver so I'm not sure how to get the property page to communicate to the device driver or have access to any of the formview's methods and variables. Would passing the this pointer of the formview to the property pages during creation be one way? I'm looking for som...

multiple critera for one field in a query
Hi, i am trying to get a count of a certain criteria but in different columns. Its hard to explain, but assume i have a table which consists of... A 550 B 600 C 20 A 100 C 75 B 120 D 390 Then in a query I am trying to have the result of: Over 500 Over 100 Over 25 Under 25 A 1 1 0 0 B 1 1 0 0 C 0 0 1 1 D 0 1 0 0 The way i have done...

How do I multiply an entire page of formulas by one multiplier?
I have multiple worksheets with different formulas in each cell. i want to take all cells on the worksheet and multiply them by a single multiplier. Each answer would vary as each cell has a different formula. Is this possible? Thanks! Put the multiplier in a cell. Edit/Copy that cell. Then select the cells to be modified, and Edit/Paste Special and select the Formulas and Multiply options. On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 15:39:02 -0700, "Jami" <Jami@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have multiple worksheets with different formulas in each cell. i want to >take all cells...

OWA front page
HI There, I've noticed on my OWA login page that it goes straight to a windows username and password login box and not to the OWA page with the blue background. How do you make the front page for OWA go to this page isntead of just a username and password box? Hope this make sense. and thanks in advance. will Enable forms based authentication mate http://www.petri.co.il/configuring_forms_based_authentication_in_exchange_2003.htm Oliver "will gerrish" <willgerrish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88AD4DEA-E21D-48A5-9399-EBFBE05E0D48@microsoft.c...

required fields
Hello: Through either VBA or Modifier, is it possible to make a field that is required in Great plains by design to not be required but be optional instead? I doubt it. The best that I could come up with was to just have VBA fill the required field with a "dummy" piece of information and move on. Any other ideas? I suppose the only other way is through Dexterity. The field is the "Interview Range from 1 to" in the HR Interview Setup window. I just decided to have VBA fill it with "01". Thanks! childofthe1980s You are right, fields Required by GP cann...

IV00102 Fields
These four fields are set to zero when I create a new item and assign it to a location. However, when I look at the table descriptions zero is not a valid value for any of them. Are these four fields currently used for anything or are they there for future use? This currently is GP10 SP3. 1) IV00102.REPLENISHLEVEL 2) IV00102.POPVENDORSELECTION 3) IV00102.POPPRICINGSELECTION 4) IV00102.PICKTICKETITEMOPT Rich, Replenishment Level is the default replenishment level for POP Auto Generator. Values are 1, 2 and 3. 1 for Order point QTy, 2 for order upto level, 3 for vendor EoQ. If these fiel...

Field by Field Comparison
I have two tables with the exact same column names. I want to do a field by field comparison of the two tables. If one letter or number is off in any field, I would like for the whole record to show up in my query. I can only figure out how to show records which are equal. I would like to show records which are not equal. Is there a query criteria or something where I can perform this? Thanks. Do a UNION query. Create a query that lists all the field in one table. Then open that query in SQL view. At the end of the SQL, delete the semicolon ";". At the...

splitting a field into two fields; one in ()
I have a Name field in my database that is LastName,FirstName(dept). I have figured out how to split last name and first name but I don't know how to leave out the department name that is in () after the first name. Any suggestions? Quick and Dirty way to get the field down to just LastName,Firstname is to use the following as an expression in a query: LastFirst:Left([Name],Instr([Name],"(")-1) This should give you all of the characters to the left of the opening parenthesis. You could then apply your method for splitting the First and Last Names. HTH ...

page number on graph
How can I change the page number orientation? The chart is landscape, the page number should be verticle when bound into a book? As far as I know you cannot change the page number orientation. However, you could work around this by converting your chart into a graphics format (eg, ..jpg) and then you rotating this by 90°. You may have to experiment a little to see which format gives the best quality. Good luck, Henk "Rita" wrote: > How can I change the page number orientation? The chart is landscape, the > page number should be verticle when bound into a book? ...

trial M+Dlx link goes to simtel home page--but where is trial M+Dlx???
Even a search on Simtel for Money doesn't find it. Is it just me??? You'd think Microsoft could afford to host the trial download on their own servers... In microsoft.public.money, Dick Watson wrote: >Even a search on Simtel for Money doesn't find it. Is it just me??? > >You'd think Microsoft could afford to host the trial download on their own >servers... > Microsoft has used other suppliers to provide many downloads for years. Akamai was one of the long time suppliers for those downloads from Microsoft. But this is being sent out by Digital River, un...

How do I insert only one 11x17 page in a book of 8.5x11 pages?
I have to insert one 11 x 17 page in the middle of a book because it's a fold out map. However, the rest of the booklet is created on regular 8.5 x 11 pages. Is it possible to do this? How do I do it? Thanks! It must be a separate document. You cannot have multiple sizes or orientations in a single Publisher document. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "DannyFolio" <DannyFolio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:962F34F1-F6FE-4FFA-B1B0-459D643DE3B0@microsoft.com... >I have...

Joining fields into one field dependent on value of another field
Hi, Below is a sample of data of a query which I need assistance in - Group Fertiliser ApplicationRate 1 TSP 3 2 EFB 230 3 Kies. 3 4 EFB 230 4 Kies. 3 5 TSP 3 5 Kies. 3 7 EFB 230 7 TSP 3 7 Kies. 3 >From this, I would like to create a field such that it shows eg. Group FertiliserDescription 1 TSP (3) 2 EFB (230) 3 Kies. (3) 4 EFB (230), Kies(3) 7 EFB(230),TSP(3),Kies(3) I am able to put Fertiliser and ApplicationRate together ie. Fertiliser& "(" &ApplicationRate& ")" My problem being how to add a statement saying th...

How to set color of field?
In ObjectPal I used the 'Arrive' event to set the color of a field or a record in a child table. This allowed the color to vary from one record to the next in a datasheet view. In Access, the 'On Current' event only works in form view. It doesn't work in datasheet view. The 'Format' event is only available in Report objects. The 'Conditional' format only allows three alternatives. How can Access vary colors from one record to the next in a datasheet, or datasheet-like view? "WDSnews" <wdsnews.0640@oregoncity.com> wrot...