Field Not Printing

I have a field that is just not printing.
The report feeds from a form, there is a "ContactPhone" field that shows on
the form, and when I preview the report, it shows on the screen, but when
it's printed out, it doesn't print...it's blank...just that field.

Thank you in advance for any help,
Gee

What about paper size and margins? Is it printing outside you paper or
margin? Check file\page setup
--
Milton Purdy
ACCESS

"Gee" wrote:

> I have a field that is just not printing.
> The report feeds from a form, there is a "ContactPhone" field that shows on
> the form, and when I preview the report, it shows on the screen, but when
> it's printed out, it doesn't print...it's blank...just that field.
>
> Thank you in advance for any help,
> Gee
Thanks for the response, but nope, it's not being cut off by a margin.  There
are fields all around it and they all print it's just this one field that
stays blank.
It's weird.

"golfinray" wrote:

> What about paper size and margins? Is it printing outside you paper or
> margin? Check file\page setup
> --
> Milton Purdy
> ACCESS
> State of Arkansas
>

> "Gee" wrote:
>
> > I have a field that is just not printing.
> > The report feeds from a form, there is a "ContactPhone" field that shows on
> > the form, and when I preview the report, it shows on the screen, but when
> > it's printed out, it doesn't print...it's blank...just that field.
> >
> > Thank you in advance for any help,
> > Gee
Did you check all of the properties of the text box on the report? Format,
Visible, Input Mask, ...?

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Gee" wrote:

> Thanks for the response, but nope, it's not being cut off by a margin.  There
> are fields all around it and they all print it's just this one field that
> stays blank.
> It's weird.
>

> "golfinray" wrote:
>
> > What about paper size and margins? Is it printing outside you paper or
> > margin? Check file\page setup
> > --
> > Milton Purdy
> > ACCESS
> > State of Arkansas
> >

> > "Gee" wrote:
> >
> > > I have a field that is just not printing.
> > > The report feeds from a form, there is a "ContactPhone" field that shows on
> > > the form, and when I preview the report, it shows on the screen, but when
> > > it's printed out, it doesn't print...it's blank...just that field.
> > >
> > > Thank you in advance for any help,
> > > Gee
I'll do that...I didn't change anything and it was visible before but who
knows...thanks, I'll try it.

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> Did you check all of the properties of the text box on the report? Format,
> Visible, Input Mask, ...?
>
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "Gee" wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the response, but nope, it's not being cut off by a margin.  There
> > are fields all around it and they all print it's just this one field that
> > stays blank.
> > It's weird.
> >

> > "golfinray" wrote:
> >
> > > What about paper size and margins? Is it printing outside you paper or
> > > margin? Check file\page setup
> > > --
> > > Milton Purdy
> > > ACCESS
> > > State of Arkansas

Have you viewed the datasheet of the report's record source to confirm the
value is displayed there?

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Gee" wrote:

> I'll do that...I didn't change anything and it was visible before but who
> knows...thanks, I'll try it.
>
> "Duane Hookom" wrote:
>
> > Did you check all of the properties of the text box on the report? Format,
> > Visible, Input Mask, ...?
> >
> > --
> > Duane Hookom
> > Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "Gee" wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks for the response, but nope, it's not being cut off by a margin.  There
> > > are fields all around it and they all print it's just this one field that
> > > stays blank.
> > > It's weird.

>>The report feeds from a form, ... shows on the form, and when I preview the
report, it shows on the screen,
Report get data from a table, not form, by way of query or its own SQL.

When you see it on the screen it the report preview screen or form screen?

Is ContactPhone a field in your table or an object on the form?

--
Build a little, test a little.

"Gee" wrote:

> I have a field that is just not printing.
> The report feeds from a form, there is a "ContactPhone" field that shows on
> the form, and when I preview the report, it shows on the screen, but when
> it's printed out, it doesn't print...it's blank...just that field.
>
> Thank you in advance for any help,
> Gee

Moving PA Billing to Sales Invoice for printing
After posting project billing, I can see the receivable transaction in the Smart List. How can I make this a sales invoice? The formatting of the sales invoice is much nicer than the PA billing invoice which is plain text. I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure this out (and there's not much left!) Any help would be much appreciated. Regards, David PA invoices need to be printed within Project Accounting prior to posting. There is no way to make a PA invoice print via SOP, if that's what you mean by a "sales invoice." Note that the PA invoice formats can be ...

validate a field based on sum of other fields
I have to assign commission to agents for each "order". I can have anywhere from 1 agent at 100% commission to 5 agents with every possible combination of percentages. Obviously, I need the percentage entries to only add up to 100 and I'd like to force the user to adjust the figures until they total 100. Firstly, am I right in assuming it would be better to be assigning the agents to the orderIDs in separate records: OrderID, Agent, Agent Percentage (as opposed to having one record contain the OrderID, Agent1, Agent1Percentage, Agent2, Agent2Percentage, Agent3, Agent3Pe...

Pivot Table Calculated field #3
I have a pivot table with columns for No's, Yes's and Grand Total. I would like to calculate the % of Yes's by dividing the Yes's by the Grand total. Can someone give me an easy explanation of how to do that or a source? I have tried every thing I can think of and the directions I have found have not helped.... Thanks, Ann To calculate total percent Yes, you could use the GETPIVOTDATA function in a formula outside the pivot table. For example: =GETPIVOTDATA("Region",$A$5,"Valid","Yes")/GETPIVOTDATA("Region",$A$5) MOE wrote: &g...

Locking Field position on screen.
I have created a simple form in Word 2007 with maybe 2 or 3 fields across and 3 or 4 fields down, but my problem is I would like to be able to lock the field positions in place on the screen. When I type in a field, the field to the left moves. I need to lock the position. Can this be done. Frank Most forms designers put form fields in table cells of a fixed dimension. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Francis Cunningham, Jr." <FrancisCunninghamJr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

scripto to cut/paste to next field
Here is my situation: 1) A page on IE will be open, and I will have a cursor in a field on the page (field that has text in it) 2) I need to hit a shortcut (ctrl-shft-something) that cuts everything to the right of the cursor, advances a field (effectively, replicates ‘tab’ action), and pastes Anyone have some code (and instructions on what to do with the code) that may solve the above? -- Boris "BorisS" <BorisS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4B54CE9-F2A4-4195-B2E3-ABA75A49202C@microsoft.com... > Here is my situation: > > 1...

When printing a contact the other field (Notes) get cut off
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Also when just viewing the contact in the address book. <br> I have tried this on two different macbook pro's and the issue is the same. Tried a different printer also. Please help On 3/10/10 12:47 PM, mwilshrie@officeformac.com wrote: > Also when just viewing the contact in the address book. I have tried > this on two different macbook pro's and the issue is the same. Tried > a different printer also. Please help Can you post a picture of what you're de...

text field to date field field
I have a database that has a text field called "visit" it has been filled with data ie., " 6/22/07 - not good, " the field may also be blank or it may contain random text after the date. In some cases no date at all just text. I would like to create a new field called DateVisit that contains just the dates that were entered in the field "visit" it has been a struggle and I have made no progress please help abbenj@verizon.net/nospam From your description, the field might contain a date, or a date and text, or text, or nothing. How would you explai...

Form Fields In Outlook Template
Help !!! I'm not a developer, just a user, but I need some help. What I want to do is create an Outlook 2003 template, that uses form fields (Text, drop down boxes, etc.....) However, it looks like to properly create an Outlook template, you cannot use Word as your editor. But if I do not use Word as the editor, then I cannot access the Form Toolbar. This cannot be a new request - but I just cannot seem to figure this out. Help !!! Thank you See my response to your other post on this issue.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart...

Printing problem #14
How can I print screen shot of my worksheet? How can I print only formulas of my workbook at one go? I have formatted my work sheet as tabular form ,user friendly query type,can I print it the same way as it appesrs in the screen? How can I print screen shot of my worksheet? paste it into any of the office suite... for example, after taking the print screen shot (screen shot) paste it into the excel sheet (a new one) and then trim accordingly... i hope i understood ur question correctly :) How can I print only formulas of my workbook at one go? ALT+T+O -> VIEW -> tick the FORMULA...

Default fields in new fields
Using Outlook 2K When creating a new mail folder, it does not include the Subject and Received fields necessitating their having to be added every time. How can I get this to revert to the default fields? Thanks, Cathy ...

multiple critera for one field in a query
Hi, i am trying to get a count of a certain criteria but in different columns. Its hard to explain, but assume i have a table which consists of... A 550 B 600 C 20 A 100 C 75 B 120 D 390 Then in a query I am trying to have the result of: Over 500 Over 100 Over 25 Under 25 A 1 1 0 0 B 1 1 0 0 C 0 0 1 1 D 0 1 0 0 The way i have done...

required fields
Hello: Through either VBA or Modifier, is it possible to make a field that is required in Great plains by design to not be required but be optional instead? I doubt it. The best that I could come up with was to just have VBA fill the required field with a "dummy" piece of information and move on. Any other ideas? I suppose the only other way is through Dexterity. The field is the "Interview Range from 1 to" in the HR Interview Setup window. I just decided to have VBA fill it with "01". Thanks! childofthe1980s You are right, fields Required by GP cann...

IV00102 Fields
These four fields are set to zero when I create a new item and assign it to a location. However, when I look at the table descriptions zero is not a valid value for any of them. Are these four fields currently used for anything or are they there for future use? This currently is GP10 SP3. 1) IV00102.REPLENISHLEVEL 2) IV00102.POPVENDORSELECTION 3) IV00102.POPPRICINGSELECTION 4) IV00102.PICKTICKETITEMOPT Rich, Replenishment Level is the default replenishment level for POP Auto Generator. Values are 1, 2 and 3. 1 for Order point QTy, 2 for order upto level, 3 for vendor EoQ. If these fiel...

Field by Field Comparison
I have two tables with the exact same column names. I want to do a field by field comparison of the two tables. If one letter or number is off in any field, I would like for the whole record to show up in my query. I can only figure out how to show records which are equal. I would like to show records which are not equal. Is there a query criteria or something where I can perform this? Thanks. Do a UNION query. Create a query that lists all the field in one table. Then open that query in SQL view. At the end of the SQL, delete the semicolon ";". At the...

Print 7 days of data on a report
I need to print 7 days worth of a report. I tried Today()+7 and DATE()+ 7 to give me 7 days but no joy. Can someone help Thanks AL If you wanted the previous 7 days, you might try this in the Criteria row in query design under your date/time field: >= Date() - 7 -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "AL Rios" <ALRios@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4556A605-5F5F-42B8-AF55-6574CD83EB4D@microso...

splitting a field into two fields; one in ()
I have a Name field in my database that is LastName,FirstName(dept). I have figured out how to split last name and first name but I don't know how to leave out the department name that is in () after the first name. Any suggestions? Quick and Dirty way to get the field down to just LastName,Firstname is to use the following as an expression in a query: LastFirst:Left([Name],Instr([Name],"(")-1) This should give you all of the characters to the left of the opening parenthesis. You could then apply your method for splitting the First and Last Names. HTH ...

Joining fields into one field dependent on value of another field
Hi, Below is a sample of data of a query which I need assistance in - Group Fertiliser ApplicationRate 1 TSP 3 2 EFB 230 3 Kies. 3 4 EFB 230 4 Kies. 3 5 TSP 3 5 Kies. 3 7 EFB 230 7 TSP 3 7 Kies. 3 >From this, I would like to create a field such that it shows eg. Group FertiliserDescription 1 TSP (3) 2 EFB (230) 3 Kies. (3) 4 EFB (230), Kies(3) 7 EFB(230),TSP(3),Kies(3) I am able to put Fertiliser and ApplicationRate together ie. Fertiliser& "(" &ApplicationRate& ")" My problem being how to add a statement saying th...

How to set color of field?
In ObjectPal I used the 'Arrive' event to set the color of a field or a record in a child table. This allowed the color to vary from one record to the next in a datasheet view. In Access, the 'On Current' event only works in form view. It doesn't work in datasheet view. The 'Format' event is only available in Report objects. The 'Conditional' format only allows three alternatives. How can Access vary colors from one record to the next in a datasheet, or datasheet-like view? "WDSnews" <wdsnews.0640@oregoncity.com> wrot...

Null Field to Interupt Closing
I am using this code to check for blank fields in BeforeUpdate: If NZ(Trim(Me!Date),vbnullstring) = vbnullstring then Msgbox "PLEASE ENTER DATE",,"Missing date" Me!Date.setfocus Cancel = True Exit Sub End if It almost works, except the form goes ahead and closes anyway. The user clicks the close button and the message box pops up if the field is empty, they click OK and instead of keeping the form open and then setting focus on the empty field, it closes the form. How can I get it to interupt the close and keep the form open? Thank you in advance for any...

Printing HTML Error in Outlook 2003
I'm running Outlook 2003. When I try to print messages in HTML format, I get an error message that says 'An error has occurred in the script on this page.' A URL is given as res://C:\WINDOWS\System32 \shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg. Then it says 'Do you want to continue running scripts on this page'. Checking yes or no doesn't matter... nothing happens. Help! ...

Printing Portfolio
When viewing my portfolio, I used to be able to print my portfolio that I customized. i.e..file--> print. All of a sudden, printing doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas? I've searched all over the net and can't find anything. Thanks I have found the same problem, although mine has gotten worse. Now when I do file --> print, it opens MS Word and displays it in there!! I have tried EVERYTHING I can think of, including reinstalling MS Money, making sure the file types are not set to open with Word, everything. Have you found a way to make it work again? By the w...

Problem with after update code in field that disables another field
Hi I want to be able to disable the Non Member field in a record when something is entered in the Member field. Unfortunately, the code I am usng below disables the Non Member field in *all* records, and the database has to be closed and reopened to get round this before data entry can continue. I'd be grateful if someone could show me the correction, Thanks. Private Sub Member_AfterUpdate() If Not IsNull([Member]) Then Me![Non Members].Enabled = False Else Me![Non Members].Enabled = True End If End Sub Sam, You need to put that same code in on the OnCurrent event of the form...

Printing options for all sheets in a workbook?
One of the most painful things in Excel (2003) is that you have to set up the printing options (margins, header, footer, scale etc.) for all sheets in a workbook individually. Is there a hidden option somewhere that says "apply print options to all sheets in workbook"? cheers Bill You can group sheets together by right-clicking on a sheet tab and selecting Group all sheets. Then whatever you do to one sheet will apply to all sheets. So, if you set your print options (headers, footers, margins etc) in this mode then all sheets will take on those options. Remember to ungroup t...

publisher documents don't print out form emails.
I sent a publisher document as an e-mail to my customers. They can't print out the whole publication from the email. It only prints out the first page - the 2nd page is blank. I know ist must be somehting in my settings. Can anyone advise? "Jerry" <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CA5E161-4E75-4496-A53C-3FB30258E46B@microsoft.com... > I sent a publisher document as an e-mail to my customers. They can't print > out the whole publication from the email. It only prints out the first page - > the 2nd page is blank. > > I know ist m...

Field name derived from a string value returns a Run-time error 2465.
I have two labels on a form and want to populate them during the run time of my form. The name of the labels are "1" the other is called "2" (without the quotes of course). Field 1 runs OK but two returns a run-time error 2465. Of course, the real form is much bigger. A lot of fields called 1 through 31 are populated from within a loop. To simplify my question I down sized this post to two label fields. Any one know how to solve the problem with label "2"? Any help or hint is appreciated. ' This works OK Me![1].Caption = "abc"...