Exporting a report with group to excel same as Crystal Report.

I would like to export my report which contains 4 groups layer to an excel
format without showing all the groups! Exactly the way Crystal Report does.
Could anybody help me with that?
Thanks,
Marji

You should consider exporting the query that underlies the report (that is,
the report's RecordSource) rather than the report itself.

"Marjaneh" <Marjaneh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to export my report which contains 4 groups layer to an excel
> format without showing all the groups! Exactly the way Crystal Report
> does.
> Could anybody help me with that?
> Thanks,
> Marji

0
Baz

Excel 2003 Inserting current date
I wish to create a spreadsheet that whenever data is entered in a row/column, the actual date is entered automatically in a date column. I do not want the date to be overridden. Mark Right-click your sheet tab and "View Code". Copy/paste this event code in that sheet module. Enter anything in any cell in column A and B will get a static date. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) 'Col B time will not change if data in Col A is edited On Error GoTo enditall Application.EnableEvents = False If Target.Cells.Column = 1 Then n = Target.Row ...

Contacts export display X400 not SMTP

Export to XML exports single row only

lost Excel data!
I've just deleted some important data from an Excel sheet having moved it to another workbook. Unfortunately I closed the new workbook without saving and I can't find the data! I've not got a backup of the old workbook and the data is not on the clipboard. Is there any way of recovering it? thanks MrBen AFAIK, NO. We all gotta learn sometime (to make backups) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "MrBen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2305c01c45e8d$7842a610$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I've just deleted some importa...

Export / Import Security

Excel to Access
Does anyone know how to take an Excel spreadsheet and merge it into an existing Access database? Thank you. ...

Report Server Security Settings Problem
I am unable to deploy a report to my local report server. On my Window 7 Professional machine the reporting service is running, I am in the local administrators group on my machine, and I have administrator rights on my SQL Server 2008 Standard installation (a full installation). When I attempt to deploy a report from Visual Studio 2008 it says I don't have sufficient permissions. Also, when I browse http://localhost/reports the page displays but I don't have the "Site Settings" link. When I browse http://localhost/Reportserver I get "The permissions granted to...

sql report 3 tables
I am trying to write a report which will contain 4 tables, I need to display all 4 tables on one page. Unfortunatley because of the siz of the first 2 tables the 3rd table sits way down on the right hand side, how can i manipulate were the tables sit on the preview window? Regards Ian Are you writing your report in visual studio? in Report layout view, right click outside of the report area and select Properties. from the second tab you can change the layout of the report. By default it is set to 8.5 X 11, try chaning it to 11 X 8.5. Also, try changing the font size in your tab...

Fonts get size 1 and can't be changed after a procedure
Hi, I have been using code to loop for each chtobj in a worksheet to set font size right etc. Sometimes an error occur and the size become 1 pt. I can live with that once or so, but I can't change the FONT BACK neither with code nor from excel chart GUI. No code are running in background during this of cource, I try even to change the font from Excel GUI with macro switched off. It can only be solved with building a new chartobject... Have any of you got this error, any knowing why it occure and what I can do about it? I thougt it was because some of the charts had no values or s...

Export item ID?

Excel XML
Hi all, Newbie here. I have an application that outputs Excel XML, auto-emailing to a distribution list. This ended up working wonderfully, users can just click on the attachment in the email and the file opens up in a great Excel spreadsheet for them. Prior, we would only export delimited text files, which had to be imported to Excel. Not hard, just extra steps. However, I have TWO users that are on Macs. Their version of Excel on the Mac cannot handle XML or read it. I've been Googling for days now and have only found years old postings about how Mac's Excel left this f...

Report Synchronization
Hi all, I'm new to GP administration so I'll apologize for my lack of understanding up front. I've got a new user who can't see the modified reports the others can. From the Setup window it looks right, but no reports show up on the system. Any ideas? If you go into the security setup window for that user and can see no reports listed under modified reports, then that particular workstation does not have the modified reports.dic. If you store your reports.dic on a share, verify that the Dynamics.set file points to that share for the reports.dic and if you store...

Control Word Files From Excel
I have been successful in moving data from Excel to Word in VB. From Excel (2003 running on Windows XP Pro) I am able to create several Word files from the same starting Word form. Now, using Excel VB, I need to connect these files into one Word report and have three questions. 1) End of document I need to move the insertion point to the end of the first file before I insert the second file. I’ve recorded a macro in Word and tried the following: WordApp.ActiveDocument.Selection.EndKey Unit:=6 But it does not work. Do you know what will work? Please provide code example...

How do I move a public calendar to a group so others can share it?
I am trying to move meeting room calendars that are currently located in public folders to a group called "Meeting Rooms." It appears that I have duplicated a calendar so that when someone schedules a meeting it goes to the copy and not the original meeting room calendar. ...

Excel 2002, now 2007
I was previously using Excel 2002 and decided to buy Home and Student non-commercial 2007. I am having problems converting my 2002 files to 2007 and also do not seem to be able to upload the files thru 2007. I'm thinking because it is non-commercial, Excel 2007 non-c does not want you to upload to a website. Okay, can I purchase an upgrade of just Excel 2007 so that I can convert files and upload to my website? If I could I would go back to using my 2002 version I tried loading it again but the computer says it does not find a MS product to upgrade... Thanks...Nancy ...

Exporting email in Outlook Express

What is an Excel "class not registered" error.
Every time I open Microsoft Excel I get a "Class Not Registered" error. It states "Looking for object with CLSID:{*********************} What is this? It would seem that Excel has fouled up its own internal registration. Close Excel, go to the Windows Start menu, choose Run, and enter Excel.exe /regserver Excel will start, do its internal housekeeping task, then exit. Now try to start Excel normally. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "weberts2" <weberts2@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

transfer group in budget reports
Is there any way to delete the line which shows transfers from the budget and budget reports. ...

Opening a report hangs and it does not print
I'm opening a report. I turn hourglass on directly before and off directly after. I have a msgbox in the report open event. I get the hourglass and a message 'opening report'. The report never prints and the hourglass never goes away. Have to terminate Access to get out. The msgbox in report open event does not display. The last thing I changed was the feeding query which runs fine outside the report. The report is opened with a filter. Any ideas how to debug this? well if the query runs fine stand alone.... it must be either the report design or your printer driver.... ...

How to create "frames" in Excel 2003?
Hi all, Is there a way to create frames in Excel like one can do for webpages? For example if I split my sheet vertically, I want a frame on the left side which has "links" that if I click them change the sheet I'm viewing on the right side. Thank you! Anyone? ...

Problem with Excel 2007
Hi Everyone, It is my first time working on Excel 2007. I was working on a project which I started on Excel 2003, I opened another project for reference and when I returned to the first project all sheets disappeared. The only accessible buttons on the toolbar are the Macro buttons. All macros are still there and sheet names in the VBA are still there. Did I loose my work? Thanks to all albertmb;657269 Wrote: > Hi Everyone, It is my first time working on Excel 2007. I was working on a > project which I started on Excel 2003, I opened another project for referen...

Exporting to Powerpoint

Cashier Time Clock Report error ( -2147467259 )Conversion failed
Cashier Time Clock Report error ( -2147467259 )Conversion failed when converting datetime from character string. I am using RMS 2.0. I am trying to run the Cashier Time clock report for last two week pay periods 2/14/2008 to 2/17/2008. I read post from that you change couple of numbers in Active reports and you could fix a problem, but I was unable to find that post. ...

Missing Report Manager help file
Greetings: I run Windows XP home and Office XP Professional. Sometime last year I installed Report Manager add-in for Excel. In March 2005 I had to do a reinstall. Since then, when I click on View>Report>Manager>help I get a message stating that the XLMAIN8.HLP file cannot be found. The utility is checked in the Add-On dialog box. As I still have the download in the My Downloads folder I have even tried reinstalling the utility again but still the help file remains lost somewhere. Can someone offer some advice on what to do next? Where could the file have gone? How can I get it back...