exporting a report in text - comma delimited format

I have data in one table for which I have created formatted reports - 1 by
program number and 1 by last name.  I have the reports the way I want them to
look.  I need to have them in text-delimited format.  The reason for this is
that I need to be able to upload them into a DREAMWEAVER table.  If they are
in the text-delimited format I can upload all the reports fairly easily.
Otherwise, I have to export them to WORD as a table, and then laboriously
upload them to Dreamweaver column by column as DW will not accept the whole
report.  (It is doable, but not too convenient.

Thanks!

Why are you even using a report and not exporting a query as comma delimited?
I assume you can't for some reason connect to your Access database from your
web page.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"DogmaDot" wrote:

> I have data in one table for which I have created formatted reports - 1 by
> program number and 1 by last name.  I have the reports the way I want them to
> look.  I need to have them in text-delimited format.  The reason for this is
> that I need to be able to upload them into a DREAMWEAVER table.  If they are
> in the text-delimited format I can upload all the reports fairly easily.
> Otherwise, I have to export them to WORD as a table, and then laboriously
> upload them to Dreamweaver column by column as DW will not accept the whole
> report.  (It is doable, but not too convenient.
>
> Thanks!

Find cells with conditional formats
Is there an easier way to find the cells with conditional formats than going to each cell and selecting format, conditional formatting? On Aug 28, 9:37=A0pm, mjones <mich...@quality-computing.com> wrote: > Is there an easier way to find the cells with conditional formats than > going to each cell and selecting format, conditional formatting? Found it. It's under Edit, Go To, Special. Thanks. My free "Formats & Styles" Excel add-in provides a count of CF cells that includes a count of cells with multiple conditions. Download from... http://excelusergroup.org/m...

Contacts export display X400 not SMTP

Export to XML exports single row only

Text disappears when format changed in MS Word (Office X)
I save Word documents in Mac Word 5.1 format while using Office X. Sometimes when I resave, the format changes to the generic Microsoft Office document format. After this happens and I open the document, the text of the document is missing entirely. I an using Panther 10.3.3. Any ideas? Thank you. James Costello ...

Export / Import Security

Report Server Security Settings Problem
I am unable to deploy a report to my local report server. On my Window 7 Professional machine the reporting service is running, I am in the local administrators group on my machine, and I have administrator rights on my SQL Server 2008 Standard installation (a full installation). When I attempt to deploy a report from Visual Studio 2008 it says I don't have sufficient permissions. Also, when I browse http://localhost/reports the page displays but I don't have the "Site Settings" link. When I browse http://localhost/Reportserver I get "The permissions granted to...

sql report 3 tables
I am trying to write a report which will contain 4 tables, I need to display all 4 tables on one page. Unfortunatley because of the siz of the first 2 tables the 3rd table sits way down on the right hand side, how can i manipulate were the tables sit on the preview window? Regards Ian Are you writing your report in visual studio? in Report layout view, right click outside of the report area and select Properties. from the second tab you can change the layout of the report. By default it is set to 8.5 X 11, try chaning it to 11 X 8.5. Also, try changing the font size in your tab...

Conditional Formatting #68
Is it possible to base conditional formatting on the contents of a cell other than the one being formatted? use formula instead of cell contents. i.e. you want to format cell a1 based on b1 format|conditional formatting|formula is instead of cell value is =3Db1>10=20 or=20 whatever you want it to achieve.=20 On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 08:37:05 -0700, in microsoft.public.excel.misc = falling into the bathtub with your monitor, the short circuit caused the following to mysteriously appear from your keyboard: ~>Is it possible to base conditional formatting on the contents of a cell ~>ot...

Export item ID?

Formating text in a text field
Does anyone have any ideas on how to add a blank space between fields being mapped to a text field? I have 4 fields I want to pull into one field with a space between each one. No HTML code works, is there a way to create the blank space So my workflow will map 3-4 fields to a text field but I would like a space between the values. insert value 1 (no problem) need to insert a space insert value 2 need to insert space insert value 3 Denzel Workflow assembly can deliver the functionallity you need. Check SDK for a sample. Hope this helps, Jevgenij "Denzel" <Denzel@discuss...

Report Synchronization
Hi all, I'm new to GP administration so I'll apologize for my lack of understanding up front. I've got a new user who can't see the modified reports the others can. From the Setup window it looks right, but no reports show up on the system. Any ideas? If you go into the security setup window for that user and can see no reports listed under modified reports, then that particular workstation does not have the modified reports.dic. If you store your reports.dic on a share, verify that the Dynamics.set file points to that share for the reports.dic and if you store...

Format cells with dates
Is there a way to format cells so that dates would change when the lead date is changed. for example, when I input monday's date, tue, wed, thur, etc will follow suit. Pat, Assuming the first date is in A1 B1: =A1+1 C1: =B 1+1 etc. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Pat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:115681B0-348E-447E-BB1F-F8347CFDB19B@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to format cells so that dates would change when the lead date is...

Exporting email in Outlook Express

transfer group in budget reports
Is there any way to delete the line which shows transfers from the budget and budget reports. ...

Opening a report hangs and it does not print
I'm opening a report. I turn hourglass on directly before and off directly after. I have a msgbox in the report open event. I get the hourglass and a message 'opening report'. The report never prints and the hourglass never goes away. Have to terminate Access to get out. The msgbox in report open event does not display. The last thing I changed was the feeding query which runs fine outside the report. The report is opened with a filter. Any ideas how to debug this? well if the query runs fine stand alone.... it must be either the report design or your printer driver.... ...

Exporting to Powerpoint

Cashier Time Clock Report error ( -2147467259 )Conversion failed
Cashier Time Clock Report error ( -2147467259 )Conversion failed when converting datetime from character string. I am using RMS 2.0. I am trying to run the Cashier Time clock report for last two week pay periods 2/14/2008 to 2/17/2008. I read post from that you change couple of numbers in Active reports and you could fix a problem, but I was unable to find that post. ...

Missing Report Manager help file
Greetings: I run Windows XP home and Office XP Professional. Sometime last year I installed Report Manager add-in for Excel. In March 2005 I had to do a reinstall. Since then, when I click on View>Report>Manager>help I get a message stating that the XLMAIN8.HLP file cannot be found. The utility is checked in the Add-On dialog box. As I still have the download in the My Downloads folder I have even tried reinstalling the utility again but still the help file remains lost somewhere. Can someone offer some advice on what to do next? Where could the file have gone? How can I get it back...

Export Image Package
I have an access application that has stored .JPG images within the database as a "Package". How can I export the image back to a normal .jpg file so that it can be read by a normal (non ole server) imaging application? ...

MDX query be persistence in an XML format
Hello Gurus, Need your help on following: 1. Whether an MDX query be stored in an XML format? e.g. can the below query be stored in an XML file format: (the query is for illustration only). with set [PromoMonths] as 'Filter([Time].[Month].Members, Not IsEmpty( ([Unit Sales], [Double Your Savings]) ) )' set [PromoRange] as 'Head( [PromoMonths] ).item(0).item(0) : Tail( [PromoMonths] ).item(0).item(0)' member [Measures].[Uplift] as '([Unit Sales], [Double Your Savings])' member [Measures].[This Quarter] as '[Unit Sales]' member [Measures].[Last Quarter] ...

Export registry key
Hi, Is there an API to Export and Extract a registry key in a text format ? I need to simulate the operation that is done by the user of exporting a key (and creating a .reg file in a text format). I do not want to use RegSaveKey/RegRestorekey which work in a binary format. Yoav. I believe you will have to do this yourself. There is no Automation or exported function interface to RegEdit, and that .Reg file concept is a feature of that program. However, it shouldn't be terribly difficult to do this, using RegEnumKeyEx and RegEnumValue or the CRegKey class, use a CStdioFile object...

Report Sum
I am working on a cost study form for a body shop. Each vehicle will have its own page. I have to be able to add up to 15 different list part totals as well as 15 different net part totals. I then need to add the 7% tax of the list part total to the net parts total. I would love some input on what would be the easiest way to achieve this because I then have to generate a report with by the different companies showing total parts, total labor and total profit ratio. Usually, you want to text put boxes in footer of the form. You have to pull the footer down on the bottom to have...

Export from Excel to Word
I have a 20 page Excel document that has a LOT of formating involved, it is text not data. Is there a way that I get it into Word without having to redo all the formatting? It is 11x17, landscape. Yes: Select the area you wish to copy. While holding the SHIFT key pull-down: Edit > Copy Picture... In the Word document, just paste. Because you have pasted a picture, the formatting will be preserved. Also because its a picture, yo can re-size it as you choose. -- Gary's Student "kath0178" wrote: > I have a 20 page Excel document that has a LOT of formating inv...

Reverse of export to database
Ave, I would like to generate a Visio drawing starting from an Access database which contains the results of an 'export to database' of an existing drawing. I found import possibilities from Excel, csv, txt files, but not from databases. I'm using Visio 2002 Professional. Greetings, Are you trying to import the data from the database tables or the database schema? If it is the database schema, run the Database modeling template (File \ New \ Database \ Database model diagram) If you want to get the data, try the "Link to Database" dialog (Tools \ Macros \ Visio Extras...