error using leban's ReportToPDF

Hi, and sorry for my english

I would like use the ReportToPDF functions in one of my projects.
When I try to generate the pdf from an access report i'm getting the
following error:

error '2282': The format in which you are attempting to output the current
object is not available

It seems that the problem is in the DoCmd.OutputTo sentence when the program
is going to create the previous snapshot.
I'm able of export any report to snapshot, but when I try to do it with the
DoCmd.OutputTo command, I get the specified error.

Any help?
thanks

0
Jorge

This is an Access non Western language Snapshot registry entry issue.

Here is a detailed explanation of the issue by a Spanish Access MVP:

Well. There is a bug in spanish Access XP and 2003 (and probably in other
non-english versions).When spanish Access Xp or Access 2003 install, they
write a wrong entry in windows registry for the Snapshot Format. I mean,
they write this (for Access XP):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Access\Report

Formats\snp,,1,Formato Snapshot (*.snp),0

which is a translation of something that had to be written in english (note
the "Formato Snapshot" spanish translation of "Snapshot Format"). I mean,
they should write:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Access\Report

Formats\snp,,1,Snapshot Format (*.snp),0

which is the correct one!

The same happens with Access 2003.

AFAIK, this bug is not fixed. It stills there.

So, if you use the PDF converter in some of these spanish versions, and the
problem of the wrong registry value hasn't been previously fixed... well,
Access says that "The format is not avalable" ... or so, I don't remember
the exact message, meaning that it cannot find the Snapshot Format value in
registry, and obviously, it stops there.

When you correct that value in windows registry, everything goes all right.

To reproduce this situation, you can temporarily change that value in
registry for whatever other you want, and then you try the PDF converter.

Saludos,

Juan M Afan de Ribera

[MVP Access]

--

HTH
Stephen Lebans

"Jorge" <jvinualzar@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, and sorry for my english
>
> I would like use the ReportToPDF functions in one of my projects.
> When I try to generate the pdf from an access report i'm getting the
> following error:
>
> error '2282': The format in which you are attempting to output the current
> object is not available
>
> It seems that the problem is in the DoCmd.OutputTo sentence when the
> program is going to create the previous snapshot.
> I'm able of export any report to snapshot, but when I try to do it with
> the DoCmd.OutputTo command, I get the specified error.
>
> Any help?
> thanks

0
Stephen
12/20/2007 2:31:46 AM
A thousand of thanks...

It worked right

We are used to translation problems with microsoft software...

"Stephen Lebans" <ForEmailGotoMy.WebSite.-WWWdotlebansdot...@linvalid.com>
escribi� en el mensaje news:%23%23wajBrQIHA.2000@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> This is an Access non Western language Snapshot registry entry issue.
>
> Here is a detailed explanation of the issue by a Spanish Access MVP:
>

> Well. There is a bug in spanish Access XP and 2003 (and probably in other
> non-english versions).When spanish Access Xp or Access 2003 install, they
> write a wrong entry in windows registry for the Snapshot Format. I mean,
> they write this (for Access XP):
>

> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Access\Report
>

> Formats\snp,,1,Formato Snapshot (*.snp),0
>

> which is a translation of something that had to be written in english
> (note
> the "Formato Snapshot" spanish translation of "Snapshot Format"). I mean,
> they should write:
>

> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Access\Report
>

> Formats\snp,,1,Snapshot Format (*.snp),0
>

> which is the correct one!
>

> The same happens with Access 2003.
>

> AFAIK, this bug is not fixed. It stills there.
>

> So, if you use the PDF converter in some of these spanish versions, and
> the
> problem of the wrong registry value hasn't been previously fixed... well,
> Access says that "The format is not avalable" ... or so, I don't remember
> the exact message, meaning that it cannot find the Snapshot Format value
> in
> registry, and obviously, it stops there.
>

> When you correct that value in windows registry, everything goes all
> right.
>

> To reproduce this situation, you can temporarily change that value in
> registry for whatever other you want, and then you try the PDF converter.
>

> Saludos,
>

> Juan M Afan de Ribera
>

> [MVP Access]
>

> --
>
> HTH
> Stephen Lebans
> http://www.lebans.com
> Access Code, Tips and Tricks
> Please respond only to the newsgroups so everyone can benefit.
>

> "Jorge" <jvinualzar@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi, and sorry for my english
>>
>> I would like use the ReportToPDF functions in one of my projects.
>> When I try to generate the pdf from an access report i'm getting the
>> following error:
>>
>> error '2282': The format in which you are attempting to output the
>> current object is not available
>>
>> It seems that the problem is in the DoCmd.OutputTo sentence when the
>> program is going to create the previous snapshot.
>> I'm able of export any report to snapshot, but when I try to do it with
>> the DoCmd.OutputTo command, I get the specified error.
>>
>> Any help?
>> thanks

0
Jorge

Excel Progrom Error

Sharebuilder account import error

Followup on Copy Objects from Another A2007 db using vba
I created a form with several listboxes (one for each type of object...) allowing a user to select a "sandbox" FE (where newly modified objects have been tested...) and a "Production" FE (where users log in using Tony's AutoFE). The user selects the objects he wants to copy in each listbox (one listbox to a tab...), then clicks the "TransferSelected" button. Herewith the event procedure: Private Sub btnTransferSelected_Click() Dim ctl As Control Dim lngObjectType As AcObjectType Dim strObjectType As String Dim varItem As Varian...

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

ERROR

Problems with Using Query with Analyze it with Microsoft Excel
We have a problem with Access 2003 and EXCEL 2003. I have a QUERY from ACCESS 2003 and hit the following sequence of commands - "TOOLS" "OFFICE LINKS" and "ANALYZE IT WITH MICROSOFT EXCEL". I notice the Excel pops up and I see fields being imported and when it is down the Excel spreadsheet is blank - not even a blank spreadsheet comes up. What am I doing wrong. We need Access 2003 to link to the data in Excel so we can edit and modify it using EXCEL as well as ACCESS. Thanks for your help. JW ...

Create 2nd form using totals from 1st form
I have a main form called an invoice form where a user enters in information into Access regarding an invoice such as Invoice #, Invoice date, Vendor, etc. There is also a subform embedded in the Invoice form that shows lawyer details such as hours, rates, and projects and calculates a total amount per lawyer. My problem is I need another form which groups by invoice # the total fee amount per project, NOT per lawyer - and allows the user on this form to code the fees to a specific department and account so that the invoice can get paid. Does anyone have any idea how to do this? I ...

Macro using a cell reference
I have an aplication called DPlot that can take commands from inside excel using macros. I managed to interact already with it using the following: - Sub DownElevation() ' ' DownElevation Macro ' Macro recorded 24/03/2010 ' ' Channel = DDEInitiate("DPlot", "System") DDEExecute Channel, "[ContourViewChange(,-1)]" DDETerminate Channel End Sub Sub UpElevation() ' ' UpElevation Macro ' Macro recorded 24/03/2010 ' ' Channel = DDEInitiate("DPlot", "System") DDEExecute Channel, &qu...

error, chkdsk

4.4.7 error

error 0x800CCC0F

delete server...routing master error

Excel error codes translations

Re: Money 2004

Technical error

CObject Private method access error

Error in closing Outlook

Typing message error

Receive an error message when you try to perform any editing tasks
Hi We have exch2003 cluster and recently we have some note book with Vista, now when we are accessing mailbox through OWA we are getting error when we want to edit (reply, forward) there is article from MS, we want to know does this article also apply to exch clsuter or it is for member server. The artical is http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=911829 Nagori Not sure what you mean by either exch cluster or member server, but basically you will need to install this patch on your FE and BE exchange servers, including your exch cluster servers. To install exch hotfixes or patches, move...

PM Transaction continuing error message #2
We are currently running GP 10 SP1 and apparently since version 8 (we did not upgrade to 9) there has been the following error message while launching a transaction out of Smartlist, when we go to inquiry for AP documents, and drill down of PMTRX & PMCHK from the JE inquiry view: Unhandeled Script Exception: Index 0 array of 'PM_Transaction_Inquiry_Fill' Script terminated We ran a query for all documents that were less than 1 or greater the 8 on the PM00400 & PM30200 tables. And updated the ones to what they needed to be. And it worked! And the message went away! But then we ...

outlook.pst error message
When I attmept to open Outlook 2000 (in Windows XP) I get an error message that the file C:Documents and Setting\Owner Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst has detetected an error. It tells me to quit all mail-enabled applications and then use the Inbox repair tool. I have tried to run the repair tool many times and it always crashes before it fin9shes scanning the files. One time it finished the scan and stated that files were damaged and it asked if I wanted to Repair those files. I said yes and it froze up and would not respond. Are there any other ways ...

Error Checking & Break Point Failure
I have a database (FE + BE) in A2000 which has suffered some corruption (I think). The problem is that the Break Point facility no longer works. I can enter a break point (the line goes brown) but when the code executes the break point is ignored. Other databases on the same hard disk seem to work OK. So far I have done the following :- Compiled the code, no errors shown. Decompiled the database file. Compacted and Repaired the file. Tried the JETCOMP facility from MS. Looked at Allen Browne's site but could not see anything relevant. I have reverted to my back up copies from 1 and 2 wee...