Easy report? How to report on a record, skip, report, etc.

I have a totals query that looks like this:

SegmentID  LandCost ImpvCost Damages Relo Incidental  Demolition
001               $ amt        $amt         $amt       $amt   $amt 002
$ amt        $amt         $amt       $amt   $amt 003               $
amt        $amt         $amt       $amt   $amt 004               $ amt
$amt         $amt       $amt   $amt 005               $ amt
$amt         $amt       $amt   $amt 006               $ amt
$amt         $amt       $amt   $amt 007               $ amt
$amt         $amt       $amt   $amt 008               $ amt
$amt         $amt       $amt   $amt 009               $ amt
$amt         $amt       $amt   $amt 010               $ amt
$amt         $amt       $amt   $amt 011               $ amt
$amt         $amt       $amt   $amt 012               $ amt
$amt         $amt       $amt   $amt
So, I have all the data required, however I have been told that I
**must** write a report that presents the data with the column
headings across the top, with the totals per cost category as row
headings like this:

                    Seg001 Seg002 Seg003 Seg004 Seg005 Seg006, etc.
LandCost        $amt   $amt   $amt      $amt    $amt      $amt    etc
ImpvCost       $amt   $amt   $amt      $amt    $amt      $amt    etc.,
Damages        $amt   $amt   $amt      $amt    $amt      $amt    etc.,
Relo               $amt   $amt   $amt      $amt    $amt      $amtetc.,
Incidental      $amt   $amt   $amt      $amt    $amt      $amt   etc.,
Demolition      $amt   $amt   $amt      $amt    $amt      $amt   etc.,

I have read through all I could get my hands on, especially Crosstab
queries, and I cannot figure out how to do this, and of course compute
totals per segment, and totals per cost category. I also tried to
create an Excel pivot table, but that was a disaster.

Is this possible and I think I'm close, because my totals query has
the right data, I just don't know how to write a report this way.

I am thinking that since I have all the data I need, can I report on
one record, print its values, and then skip to the next record, until
I get through all the records, and do the grand totals? I just don't
know how to do that either.

Any help would be **extremely** appreciated!

Thanks,
George

0
Gdareos

I think you can get the desired results by first normalizing your totals
query with a union query:
SELECT SegmentID, "LandCost" as CostType, LandCost as CostAmt
FROM qryTotals
UNION ALL
SELECT SegmentID, "ImpvCost", ImpvCost
FROM qryTotals
UNION ALL
SELECT SegmentID, "Damages", Damages
FROM qryTotals
UNION ALL
---etc---
SELECT SegmentID, "Demolition", Demolition
FROM qryTotals;

Then create a crosstab query with CostType as the Row Heading, "Seg" &
SegmentID as the Column Heading, and Sum of CostAmt as the value.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Gdareos" wrote:

> I have a totals query that looks like this:
>
> SegmentID  LandCost ImpvCost Damages Relo Incidental  Demolition
> 001               $ amt        $amt         $amt       $amt   $amt 002
> $ amt        $amt         $amt       $amt   $amt 003               $
> amt        $amt         $amt       $amt   $amt 004               $ amt
> $amt         $amt       $amt   $amt 005               $ amt
> $amt         $amt       $amt   $amt 006               $ amt
> $amt         $amt       $amt   $amt 007               $ amt
> $amt         $amt       $amt   $amt 008               $ amt
> $amt         $amt       $amt   $amt 009               $ amt
> $amt         $amt       $amt   $amt 010               $ amt
> $amt         $amt       $amt   $amt 011               $ amt
> $amt         $amt       $amt   $amt 012               $ amt
> $amt         $amt       $amt   $amt
> So, I have all the data required, however I have been told that I
> **must** write a report that presents the data with the column
> headings across the top, with the totals per cost category as row
> headings like this:
>
>                     Seg001 Seg002 Seg003 Seg004 Seg005 Seg006, etc.
> LandCost        $amt   $amt   $amt      $amt    $amt      $amt    etc
> ImpvCost       $amt   $amt   $amt      $amt    $amt      $amt    etc.,
> Damages        $amt   $amt   $amt      $amt    $amt      $amt    etc.,
> Relo               $amt   $amt   $amt      $amt    $amt      $amtetc.,
> Incidental      $amt   $amt   $amt      $amt    $amt      $amt   etc.,
> Demolition      $amt   $amt   $amt      $amt    $amt      $amt   etc.,
>
> I have read through all I could get my hands on, especially Crosstab
> queries, and I cannot figure out how to do this, and of course compute
> totals per segment, and totals per cost category. I also tried to
> create an Excel pivot table, but that was a disaster.
>
> Is this possible and I think I'm close, because my totals query has
> the right data, I just don't know how to write a report this way.

> I am thinking that since I have all the data I need, can I report on
> one record, print its values, and then skip to the next record, until
> I get through all the records, and do the grand totals? I just don't
> know how to do that either.
>
> Any help would be **extremely** appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
> George

easy OnLButtonDblClk() question
Hi, I've created a MFC application. It has the standard window where information is displayed. I have recently copied some code from another applcation someone made for me, so that I have a dockable window that attaches to the main document. The code for this class it as follows: class CMarkerZoom : public CWnd { // Construction public: CMarkerZoom(); // Overrides // ClassWizard generated virtual function overrides file://{{AFX_VIRTUAL(CMarkerZoom) file://}}AFX_VIRTUAL // Implementation public: virtual ~CMarkerZoom(); // Generated message map functions protected: file://{{AFX_...

Report charts
When I run reports in CRM the charts don't appear. Any ideas? Hey Slim, Ok this is a weird one, havent seen this before :c). For starters lets check something: 1. Try setting the CRM server resolution to 1024X768. 2. Restart all the crystal services. Let me know if htis resolves the issue and also if it does not. Will see what more i can dig for you on this. Jibran "Slim" wrote: > When I run reports in CRM the charts don't appear. Any ideas? ...

Printing parameters in reports
Please help me to print a parameter to a report. I have two queries Query_details and Query_sum. Query_details gets the details and is a make table query(TBL_details). Query_sum has a sum of the details form the make table query(TBL_details). I have a report_sum with query_sum as source. But I would like to print the parameters in Query_details to Report_sum. Iam not sure how to do this. I tried creating a parameter Form for query 1 and passing it to report 1. It didn't work. Please help. Thanks Pon Add a field in the design view grid of Query_details like this -- Query_Paramet...

Can't save older file / Compatability Report
I have some older files created with Word 6.0/95 versions on a PC and when I open them, modify them and try to save them, they won't save without changing the name. I tried trying turning off the "check documents for compatibility" button, but it still won't let me save them. I haven't had anything running Word 6.0 in years, and will never try to open them in that format again, but why can't I get the Mac to just over-write to a new file format? The "help" files and explainations of the "compatability report" are as unhelpful as I have come to e...

How to get a check register report
I want to get a check register report, showing credit totals versus debit totals, with none of this nonsense about categories and transfers for a two-year period. Can Money do this? Hollis D. Paul [MVP - Outlook] Hollis@outhousebythesound.com Using Virtual Access 4.52 build 277 (32-bit), Windows 2000 build 2600 http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?FR=0&SD=TECH&LN=EN-US Mukilteo, WA USA In microsoft.public.money, Hollis D. Paul wrote: >I want to get a check register report, showing credit totals versus >debit totals, with none of this nonsense abou...

Report Customizing ... Missed the CHAT
I missed the chat on Report Customizing that was held the other day ... anyone know where I can read a transcript of the session? ...

Calendar easy to move from computer to computer?
Is there a way besides a Palm pilot to transfer all contacts, and calendar info from work to the home computer as a daily task? The problem is my palm pilot does not carry over certain fields in contacts that transfer from work to home. Is there a web based outlook? In Calendar, the color labeling does not transfer either. Looking for an easy way to have both computers updated in the same way. Thanks! .. ...

Money2001 Reconciliation Report
I'm looking for a report that will list the items that reconciled on a bank statement for a given date. In microsoft.public.money, c.sam wrote: >I'm looking for a report that will list the items that >reconciled on a bank statement for a given date. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;176329 describes what can be done. ...

Reporting problem 04-11-06
I have a problem opening the CRM reports from an other server than the CRM server. The reports server is not on the CRM server. The situation is as followed: server1 CRM + exchange server2 SQL + Reporting services. When I logon server 1 I get the reports without any problem. When I try the same from a different location I get the error (please contact your administrator). No event is raised on SQL or CRM server. If I try accessing the report server directly from that location (http://server2/reports) everything works fine. Can someone please help?? Regards, Ron Here is an article describ...

Task reported error (0x8DE00006) 'The operation failed'
I am getting this error message after I tried to send a "reply to all" message to a large group in Outlook. I want to now cancel this message but the Outlook Send/Receive Progress pop up won't allow me to cancel or make any changes to it. The message does not show up in drafts or in the Outbox. Suggestions, please? Version of Outlook and type of mail account? "KKGA" <KKGA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96FDACA7-7786-4502-A0B2-BB2F80F8F895@microsoft.com... > I am getting this error message after I tried to send a "reply...

Difficult Report
I am trying to do an complicated report and am looking for some ideas on how to do it. This hard to explain ( I think), but what I want to do is run a report based on project category project number and all notes that where entered for those projects The tricky part is if there is a project under a project category that has no note I would like to leave a "placeholder" or dummy entry for that project number along with the engineers name that should have made a note. I can do this in a query or I can use VBA, whatever gets the job done. All this information is available from ...

Current salary report
HI, I have a table with staff info, personal info, designation, salary, etc entered at the time of joining. There s another table Hike which has records of each revision of salary and another table Promotion for each revision of designation. How can i get a report with the latest salary and designation, considering those who have not gone thro revision, will not have a record in the Hike or Promotion tables? Am i doing right or is there a better way to organise the information? Thanks for any help Ramesh ...

Reporting Tools Setup
..Good Day, When want to use Excel report builder to publish certain reports. We entered the shared location of the data connections in the Reporting Tools Setup screen, when we Run the deployment it pops up with a message that states one or more files failed to deploy. On the deployment report the reason given for the failure is 'File not written' Unfortunately the user guides is of very little help. Have anyone else experienced something similar? Thanks Check the read-write access is enabled for the shared location you're trying to deploy? Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP O...

Copy from worksheet 1 to worksheet 2, 3 , 4 etc..
Okay. I learned a thing or two but still not working for me. Sheet 1 looks like this Monday Tuesday Wednesday Etc... John Smith off 4am 4am Katie Jones 4am 4am 4am Dawn Moran 4am 4am off etc.... I would like sheet 2 (renamed "Monday") to list the names with "4am" under the column Monday. And not list the names with "off" under the Monday column. So "Monday" sheet should look someting like Schedule Katie Jones Dawn...

Calendar View
All, My sales team currently uses exchange - and would like to become more in tune with each other's availability and what not. Currently, the only way to view another's calendar is to go throught the steps of creating an appointment, selecting members, then viewing which times are available. Is there an add in that will allow you to view calendars without going through the steps above? A quick view sort of thing? Thanks in advance! Chris I have seen something u can do with sharepoint. where you create a sharepoint site. put you vacation time in that. then, in outlook you c...

Morgan Keegan Downloads and Money Investment Reports
Morgan Keegan apparently downloads two transactions when I get dividends. The first is for the buy and the second is for the dividend. This seems staightforward. I have typed in Morgan Keegan for the Payee and Investment Income: Dividends for the category. For the buy it automatically puts this down as Dividend. Both download into the associated cash account of the MK Brokerage investment account. My positions update and all seems normal. However, 1) On Tax Tansactions reports, I end up getting the MK Dividends reported as a loss rather than an income. Going back in and changing the tr...

H1 in Report Writer
Hi, everyone! I have a simple task...Well, at least I thought it would be simple. I need to move the text at the top of our checks (company names and addresses) to the H1 area of the Check With Stub on Top report. How do I move the H1 border so I can extend it downward? Will this affect the print layout? It doesn't currently show the exact amount of space we really do have on the top stub. Changing check reports can be tricky. When you say "border" do you mean you want to make H1 larger? Just click on the H1 icon on the left and drag it down. However, you have to make ...

rca easy rip
i have installed rca easy rip on my windows xp media center computor. i wanted to remove it, but when i go to remove all programs and try to remoe, it will not remove. any suggestions on how to get this program removed? You would probably find more help and knowledge at the support site for that application, but you might try reinstalling and then uninstalling. The RCA support site mentioned the need to have the RCA player connected to the computer when installing, perhaps it needs to be connected at uninstall. http://voxrightnow.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1773/kw/uni...

Management reporter Specify Server Connection
Hello, I am installing the client version of Management reporter but do not know how to find the SQL server connection. Could someone point me in the right direction. thanks ...

Sales Tax Analysis Report #2
I would like to know if anyone has a version of the Sales Tax Analysis report that is in Store Operations Manager for Headquarters Manager. ...

Excel Export via VPN, HTTPS, etc.
Has anyone determined a workaround (preferably secure and supported) to allow export to dynamic worksheet/pivot-table when users are connected remotely? It seems that since it utilizes ODBC, SQL connection/authentication errors are found. Any help would greatly be appreciated! Austin Hi Austin, We have the same issue. Have you heard anything back about a workaround? Thanks, Lee "Austin Jones" wrote: > Has anyone determined a workaround (preferably secure and supported) to allow > export to dynamic worksheet/pivot-table when users are connected remotely? > It se...

To MVP John Spencer
Hey! Sorry my bad English! My Name Is Per Erik Løkken, and comes from Norway. I have been in contact with MVP Duane Hookom regarding an issue with a report in Access 2007. She tells me that you've had a post regarding the ranking query: “I believe you can do this without the subquery but using a totals query and a self join. MVP John Spencer has posted this type of ranking query in the past. You will get a more efficient and functional result as needed in the report record source.” My report is made with a subquery: SELECT A.VEKT, A.NAVN, A.KLUBB, A.KLASSE, (S...

easy transfer
I want to use easy transfer from my XP to a new PC with Windows 7. Can I just transfer what is on my old PC to a flash drive then just plug the flash drive into the new PC and then start the easy transfer on the new PC and just get the information off of the flash drive? Mike Givens wrote: > I want to use easy transfer from my XP to a new PC with Windows 7. > Can I just transfer what is on my old PC to a flash drive then just plug > the flash drive into the new PC and then start the easy transfer on the > new PC and just get the information off of the fla...

Adding columns to "Look Up Records" window #2
In certain places in CRM (specifically highlight a Lead, click New Email, and press the looking glass lookup button to the right of the To field) when I do a Lookup for contacts or accounts, the window "Look Up Records" appears with a list of entities at the top, a search field, and two lists below. The left list is available records and the right is selected records. The Available Records list only displays a single column, the name of the account or contact. I want to display more columns, and scollbars are OK. My specific issue is that I have 4 "Rick Johnson" c...

An easy one for you pros !
How to disable the right click of the mouse on an open form and report ? Or for that matter in all of my application. Thank you once again. -- Eric "ericb" <eric@b.com> wrote in message news:17826C24-3B6B-4707-81BF-9EA7C9299AB4@microsoft.com... > How to disable the right click of the mouse on an open form and report ? There's a Shortcut Menu property on the Other tab of a form's property sheet in design view. It can be set to No to disable shortcut menus. That may be what you're looking for, for forms. I'm not sure about reports. --...