easiest way to create gridlines in an Access 2003 report

Does anyone know an easy way to create gridlines in an Access 2003 report so
that it resembles a spreadsheet, other than manually drawing vertical and
horizontal lines?

You can use the Line method of the report in its Page event.
Use a loop to repeat at whatever grid size you want.
Measurements are in twips, where 1440 twips = 1 inch

This is how the Line method works:
Me.Line (Me.ScaleTop, Me.ScaleLeft)-(Me.ScaleTop, Me.ScaleHeight), vbRed

"Liam0364" <Liam0364@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know an easy way to create gridlines in an Access 2003 report
> so
> that it resembles a spreadsheet, other than manually drawing vertical and
> horizontal lines?

0
Allen

Report will not generate from pushing a button on the form
Hi - I am trying to run a report from my switchboard form. I keep getting the following message "There was an error executing the command." When I try to go to the report and run it from there instead of from the switchboard, I am getting the error "The expression you entered has a function name that DCDO can't find". Please tell me how I can fix this. TH - It sounds like a problem with your query. Open the query in SQL View and copy/paste the SQL statement into your reply posting, and maybe we can help. -- Daryl S "TH" wrote: &g...

Simplest Way to Deal With XML?
Dear : I need a simple way to deal with XML , like that found in .NET XmlDocument, is there any available class. Regards Have a look at www.codeguru.com there are some nice wrapper classes. M "Raed Sawalha" <raed_sawalha@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uaO0IR5rEHA.644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Dear : > > I need a simple way to deal with XML , like that found in .NET > XmlDocument, > is there any available class. > > Regards > > Use MSXML and the interfaces provided by it. It would definately help you to deal with XML. "M" &l...

Error printing report: "specified path for the output file does
Hi - I'm trying to print a Payable Distribution History report but get the error "specified path for the output file does not exist". It does not happen with other reports. Any help to fix this error would greatly appreciated. thanks Oumar hi Oumar, go check the Report Destination screen and make sure that there is no path listed in the field where you can enter one. It would be in the File checkbox. If it is grayed out, mark the File option, delete the path and then unmark the File box. Should you want to save it to a file, then select a valid path. Hop...

Outlook 2003 suddenly can't use Word as Editor any more ...
.... there was no other install etc. in the meantime but Outlook 2003 just started refusing using Word as it's editor ... Word is unavailable. An OLE registration error occured. Does somebody know what's on and what helps ? I've de-installed Office 2003 and reinstalled it but had the same error again ... If I can't use it I'm kind of busted bcause I have a lot of macros which only worked in Word while used as e-mail editor but not when just tried to use in Word itself ... don't know why that again didn't work but anyways ... Who knows how to get Word run as...

Converting Access 97 to Access 2003 02-23-04
The normal instructions for converting Access 97 are to Access 2000 or 2002-2003. On conversion (it automatically converted to 2000) I am unable to update in 2003 and find no easy or defined way to convert to 2003. Why? and How do I now convert to Access 2003? Tools Database Utilities Convert Database -- Joe Fallon Access MVP "Lou Keller" <ltktlk@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:14a4c01c3fa51$0b680fd0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > The normal instructions for converting Access 97 are to > Access 2000 or 2002-2003. On conversion (it automatically > converted to 2000) I ...

Creating separate reports for each Project Manager
I have a main spreadsheet that has rows of data for each project managar. Each project manager may have multiple rows of data in the main spreadsheet. I would like to make new worksheets for each project manager with all their rows of data from the main spreadsheet. I would like to make this all automatic since my end-users are not very computer savvy. I tried pivot tables, but I don't want the data to sum; I want it to list. Is this possible? I tried looking at some past postings (I saw one referenced from 1/10/05). They were too complex for me. Lorie, You could use one sh...

problem creating address list
Hi All, I have a exchange server installed & configured in my org,MS-outlook is configured for user & the server type is Microsoft exchange server (configured to the user).These user are able to veiw thw GAL & DL. My question is i have some user who have IMAP configured & these user are not enable veiw the GAL.how can i configure it ? Pls Help... Thanks, ...

What's the easiest way to insert a roster into publisher calendar
Select a calendar that you can include a "Schedule of events." Use this space for your roster. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mick Hoffmann" <Mick Hoffmann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D07FEC85-10C7-4009-8EA4-0F169CA989B1@microsoft.com... > ...

Correct order of shutdown of services for Exchange 2003
I have the following exchange services running on the server that I want to write a batch file to stop the exchange services, what is the correct order? MSExchangeIS MSExchangeMGMT MSExchangeMTA ReSVC MSExchangeSA -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator "Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote: > I have the following exchange services running on the server that I want to > write a batch file to stop the exchange services, what is the correct order? > > MSExchangeIS > MSExchangeMGMT > MSExchangeMTA > ReSVC > MSExchangeSA Daniel Petri has some batch files that wo...

is there a way to autoformat shading in all odd cell numbers?
is there a way to autoformat shading in all odd cell numbers? I'm not competely sure whether you mean odd rows or odd columns but would this help - http://www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm "tat2f" wrote: > is there a way to autoformat shading in all odd cell numbers? Conditional Formatting =MOD(ROW(),2)=1 "tat2f" wrote: > is there a way to autoformat shading in all odd cell numbers? tat2f wrote: > is there a way to autoformat shading in all odd cell numbers? Check out this freebie. Lots of real handy features http://www.asap-utilities.com/ gls858...

Oprettelse af bruger-formular i Access
Det er nok simpelt, men jeg kan ikke finde noget sted hvor det er beskrevet hvordan jeg "udgiver" min Access formular til brugerne - hvor de ikke kan rette i layout m.m. - blot får formularen op, så de kan se og indtaste data. -- Peter Grunnet - 1-stop-IT ...

linking word docs to an access form
Hello i have a form which i want to link to word documents i.e. its a complaint form in which i want to link correspondence (in the form of word docs) that i receive can this be done???? Use Albert Kallal's superb Worge Merge Utility from:- http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html HTH PMK "smason" wrote: > Hello i have a form which i want to link to word documents > > i.e. its a complaint form in which i want to link correspondence (in the > form of word docs) that i receive > > can this be done???? Ignore the above - I m...

Camera on my Excel Icon (2003)?
I have an excel icon on my desktop, as it is a spreadsheet that I use all of the time. All of a sudden, there is a camera on the icon and I have no idea why? It opens the same and the spreadsheet looks the same. I'm sure the Icon is just a shortcut to the file. Right-click and Properties>Shortcut>Change Icon Select from Excel.exe file Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 14:46:01 -0800, Shansta <Shansta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have an excel icon on my desktop, as it is a spreadsheet that I use all of >the time. All of a s...

Creating array for three items
Hello all, I am reading 3 strings from a DB table. I need to apply the same process to all three strings, so I figured that I would use a for loop. To make the loop easier to handle I am going to put the three strings into an array so I can loop through each one, something like this: dim sArr() as string redim sArr(0) sArr(0) = string 1 redim preserve sArr(1) sArr(1) = string 2 redim preserve sArr(2) sArr(2) = string 3 for each sItem as string in array 'process here next That seems simple enough, except that any one of the strings might be empty. I could ...

Effectient way to encode CDATA elements
Ok, I'm reading data from a stream using a StreamReader. The data inside the stream is not xml, it could be anything. Based on the input StreamReader I'm writing to an output stream using an XmlTextWriter. Basically, when all is said and done, the output stream contains data from the input stream wrapped in a element contained in a parent element. My problem is twofold. Data gets read from the input stream in chunks, and the StreamReader class returns char[]. If data in the input stream contains a "]]>" it needs to be split across two CDATA elements. First, how do ...

display report title on a report with columns
Hi, I have set up a report that displays a list of words in three columns. The title of the report does not show up in print preview. I have unchecked the "same as detail" checkbox on the column tab of the page setup dialog box. What am I doing wrong? Karen wrote: >I have set up a report that displays a list of words in three columns. The >title of the report does not show up in print preview. I have unchecked the >"same as detail" checkbox on the column tab of the page setup dialog box. After you did that, did you remember to drag the Report/...

Create a toolbar button to automatically address an e-mail message
Hi, I have tried using MS Outlook help to create a button which automatically addresses a mail message. I cannot for the life of me succeed at this because the Help on outlook is so poor. Has anyone done this or knows how to do this?? All I am trying to do is create an "email template" that will automatically cc a colleague as they need to be cc on nearly all of my emails. So if there is an easier way to do this, that would obviously be better. Many thanks M ...

Reporting Services Error 04-27-07
Last night I moved the CRM databases from our CRM Web Server to another SQL server in the same domain in hopes to increase performance. I followed the docs from Article 917948. I want the reporting services to remain on the CRM web server so I also followed the document on "Additional setup tasks when MS Reporting Services is installed on a seperate server from MS CRM or MS SQL Server". I setup the delagations and checked the SPNs. Our current setup is this: server1 CRM app Reporting services Win 2000 server, SQL 2000 Server 2 CRM databases Win 2003 server x64, SQL 2005 x...

DRP
Hi all, I'm using Ex2003 standard, which is only supporting 25 users. I intend to set up a branch office as a disaster recovery site with some fast comms links and duplicate hardware. At present I have dedicated servers for DC's (2), SQL (1), Ex2003(1), Data (1), Terminal Services (1). Because the DR site only needs to support 3-5 users and it is likely we would relocate within 3 days of any disaster I am going to install a single server of very decent spec. i.e. dual xeon / terrabyte, 4gb ram etc. etc. My question is this. Is there an relatively straight forward way of ...

Charts created show up different on other computers
I created a Line Graph on the primary axis (plotting a certian number on a specific date) and a secondary axis that has a vertical line for an event that happeded on a specific date. What is happening: I created the graphs and they look fabulous on my machine, but when others view them then they are messed up. The secondary axis does not show up the way it should be. I have MS Office 2007 and SP1. Others have MS Office 2007 and either SP1 or SP2. Are there any settings that need to be updated or changed to help with this? ...

Creating Profiles...?
I use Win XP w/ OL 2002 and I have a question pertaining to configuring more than one porfile. This is what I want to do... I want to have the ability to go to work, plug in to the T-1, get my mail using one provider, then take my laptop home, and plug into our DSL via another provider. Can I have two profiles that dump/send mail from the same outlook? Alan Alan Freemond wrote: > I use Win XP w/ OL 2002 and I have a question pertaining to > configuring more than one porfile. > > This is what I want to do... I want to have the ability to go to > work, plug in to the T-1, ge...

Maximum number of contacts per user in exchange 2003
I have Exchange 2003 in my company and the employes use OWA to access their mailboxes, some of the employs complained that he cant add more than 127 Contacts in OWA, my question is : is their a maximum number of contacts for a user in exchange ? In news:D0DF69DD-8B06-409F-A4B9-970B3AE7D186@microsoft.com, Prince <Prince@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I have Exchange 2003 in my company and the employes use OWA to access > their mailboxes, some of the employs complained that he cant add more > than 127 Contacts in OWA, my question is : is their a maximum number > of c...

Is there any way to use the MATCH function with more than 1 column
For example, =MATCH(215, Y3:Y51, 0) will search from Y3 to Y51 for the value 215, but my data set spans more than one column. My data set ranges from A3 to Z51, and the function =MATCH(215, A3:Z51, 0) returns an #N/A error. What can I do? Do you want both the row and column ? Two separate values? -- Gary's Student "Mr. Snrub" wrote: > For example, =MATCH(215, Y3:Y51, 0) will search from Y3 to Y51 for the value > 215, but my data set spans more than one column. > > My data set ranges from A3 to Z51, and the function =MATCH(215, A3:Z51, 0) > returns an #...

Access 2000 on Terminal Server
Hi, I have Access 2000 installed on a Windows 2000 terminal server. On this server, I have an Access 2000 application that is split up between a program database (.mdb) and a data database (.mdb). I currently have four users that log onto this terminal server to use this Access app. This works, but it is working somewhat erratically. Access is frequently locking up on the remote users and they are experiencing several other strange issues. I am wondering if this could be due to one of the following: 1. Access 2000 simply does not work well over terminal services. If this is the ...

Using Outlook Express 6 to Access Webbased Mail
Can I create PST or other files using Outlook Express to access web based Email homepages, such as excite, as I do using Outlook? If so, how? TJ Smith wrote: > Can I create PST or other files using Outlook Express to > access web based Email homepages, such as excite, as I do > using Outlook? If so, how? Outlook uses PST files - OE doesn't. The only HTTP-accessible account you can access in Outlook is Hotmail. That is what I was expecting you so say. I was holding out some hope. Thanks for the response. >-----Original Message----- >TJ Smith wrote: >> Can ...