E-Mailing a specific page of a report

I have lengthy report that is grouped by Zone ID.  I want to e-mail the zone
supervisor the pages of this report  as an attachment (in a snapshot format)
that deal with just their zone.  currently we e-mail the whole report and the
hunt for their information.  The zone supervisor e-mail address is in a table
called 'tblZones'

I don't want to have to create a report with a corresponding query (if
possible) for each zone.  I am currently using sendobject to deliver this
report.  However we are not always notified of supervisor changes and would
like to use the e-mail addresses from the tblZones as this is always current.

The idea is the end user pushes a button and the report is e-mailed with as
little interaction from the end user as posible.  I have built e-mail
messages using table data but nothing like this.

Thanks for your assistance

Mark

--
Mark H. Trainor

Hi Mark

You need to filter the report to show just the information you need - you
can use the base query for this (an easy answer would be - query by form)

After that use something like this to send the filtered e mail

Private Sub ButtonName_Click()
DoCmd.SendObject acReport, "ReportName", "E Mail format", Forms!Form Name, ,
"", "Title of mail", "Some message here", False, ""
End Sub

Change the names to what they are in your DB

--
Wayne
Manchester, England.

"Mark" wrote:

> I have lengthy report that is grouped by Zone ID.  I want to e-mail the zone
> supervisor the pages of this report  as an attachment (in a snapshot format)
> that deal with just their zone.  currently we e-mail the whole report and the
> hunt for their information.  The zone supervisor e-mail address is in a table
> called 'tblZones'
>
> I don't want to have to create a report with a corresponding query (if
> possible) for each zone.  I am currently using sendobject to deliver this
> report.  However we are not always notified of supervisor changes and would
> like to use the e-mail addresses from the tblZones as this is always current.
>
> The idea is the end user pushes a button and the report is e-mailed with as
> little interaction from the end user as posible.  I have built e-mail
> messages using table data but nothing like this.
>
> Thanks for your assistance
>
> Mark
>

> --
> Mark H. Trainor

Crystal Reports add on to HR software
Hi All Here's the situation, i am currently working on a HR system, the report writer within the system is totally useless, and can not be used to write reports. Crystal reports has been provided, as a starting point i am trying to extract data from the system thorugh Crystal, I have connected to the file.ddf of the data ont eh system, and have to hand a dictionary containing what is held within the fields. My question is i have printed off basic reports within Crystal, however when i print the report it gives me mulitple records for memebers of staff, is there a formula or am i doing ...

e-mail #3
I am using Publisher 2007 and and new to using it. I have a newsletter (11"X17" with some graphics) that I print and mail bi-monthly. Is there any way I can create the same file into an e-mail in Outlook or Outlook Express? Any Ideas or suggestions for using other programs instead of those mentioned are appreciated. Papasan PDF attachment? 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.m...

Adding Home Page Reminders for Users
Hello: On GP 9 is there a way to add Reminders to the users Home Page without having to go to each machine or login as each user to do it? I know the Reminders are stored in SY01404. Does anyone have any SQL scripts or knowledge on being able to add a reminder from "behind the scenes"? Thanks. -Joe You could create Tasks. Tasks appear in Reminders and can be assigned to users without having to login as the user himself. ---Darryl Bajaro "Joe" wrote: > Hello: > > On GP 9 is there a way to add Reminders to the users Home Page without > having to go ...

=SUMPRODUCT((Data1!$B$1:$B$500="March")*(Data1!$C$1:$C$500="New York"),(Data1!$E$1:$E$500))
Hi =SUMPRODUCT((Data1!$B$1:$B$500="March")*(Data1!$C$1:$C$500="New York"), (Data1!$E$1:$E$500)) In plain english the formula above means: Sum cells E1 to E500 (last argument) if in B1 to B500 the value is "March" and if in C1 to C500 the value is "New York". SUMPRODUCT is like SUMIF on steroids and it allows you to automate all these reports that you develop with data that you import from a large centralized database, centralized accounting, manufacturing and sales programs or the Internet. The last argument (preceded by a comma) tells Excel what to...

allowing rows to break across pages
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel how can i get a row to break across two pages? i can do it in word, and i knew how to do it in excel 04, but i can't figure out how to get it to work in excel 08. what i'm trying to do is the equivalent of the "allow rows to break across pages" function for tables in word (table>table properties>row). there is no similar function in excel. essentially, what i am trying to do is prevent excel from moving a row to a new page once it reaches a certain length. in other wo...

Setting Page Breaks
This is driving me crazy... I have a spreadsheet with 3 rows merged into 1 (many of these). Sometimes when I insert a new row (3 excel rows) the page break will be inserted in the middle of my row. How can I, with a button, set the page break every 27 rows per page and print preview? And incidentally, to the left of column N? Thanks, Dave on 9/9/2011, Dave supposed : > This is driving me crazy... > > I have a spreadsheet with 3 rows merged into 1 (many of these). > Sometimes when I insert a new row (3 excel rows) the page break will > be inserted in the middle of my row. How...

e ...

Word Mail merge lables from .xls document
Office 2000 Windows XP Pro: I am trying to create Avery 8160 lables in WORD form an Excel database. . My sequence in WORD is as follows. Tools>Mail Merge>Create Main Document>Mailing Lables> Active Window>Get Data>Open Data Source. When I get to into folder that contains the .xls file the only files listed in that folder are WORD files. When I click on the File Type drop down menu at the botton of the OPEN DATA SOURCE window, the only options I have are "All Word Documents", "Word documents", "Web pages", "Rich text format", &qu...

Mailing list
I am making a mailing list of customers addresses. I own a pizzeria and at the end of the night I take the order slips and type the addresses of customers who ordered that day into microsoft word. After a few weeks of doing this I am getting a lot of repeats. How do I avoid this? If you're doing it in Word, make each address its own paragraph, select all the paragraphs, and choose Sort (Word2007: Home tab; Word2003 and earlier, Table menu [they don't need to be in a table]). Then when you want to add a new one, just go to where it would fit in and see if it's alrea...

Formatting/Page Break/Printing Issue
I set up a new excel file to match a 33 page hard copy document, and spaced the rows so that my document put the right text on the right pages. The text in each row spans past the columns that are set to print, however the print preview still looks correct (not cutting off any words, even though in a page break preview, the ends of each line fall in the grey area). When I copy this sheet into an existing excel file, the pages all change, and the text is cut off on the right side of the page. Any ideas? Thanks ...

How do I block messages from one particular e-mail adress?
I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it possible to block those messages? yes. right click an email from them, Junk mail, add to junk senders list -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9517F371-5BC9-46D6-8979-9FB489585258@microsoft.com... >I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it...

Information from table to report.
I recently created a report using a query. The query draws its information from a table. One of the field in the table has a drop down box with the options "Yes" and "No". If the option "yes" is selected, it shows on the table and in the corresponding query. However, it does not appear in the report. There appears to be a blank in the report where the work "Yes" is meant to be. I tried deleting the field from the report and adding it again, anf i also tried moving it around on the report to make sure it was not hidden. But that did not help. What ...

i dont no how to send a mail could u plz tell me wot to click on
help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz What do you mean by "send a mail" ? Could you please keep the subjects brief and explain what you would like in as much details as possible please -- iPod's ROCK! "marjan" wrote: > help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...

How to forward mail from internalmail to external address?
I have internal is user@mydomain.com and want to forward this address to user@hotmail.com in MS-Exchange2003. How can i do? Ask your Exchange administrator to set up a mail-enabled contact for your hotmail account, and use alternate delivery/delivery options on the user@mydomain.com mailbox to send a copy of all inbound mail to the mail-enabled contact. Mark Thailand wrote: > I have internal is user@mydomain.com and want to forward this address > to user@hotmail.com in MS-Exchange2003. How can i do? Mark Thailand <mark@wctcoltd.com> wrote: > I have internal is user@mydomai...

out look mail
How do I get my out look mail back to my schools imail accout? On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 14:08:29 -0700, "Donna" <w1239881@imail.losrios.edu> wrote: >How do I get my out look mail back to my schools imail accout? > Ask your school email administrator. Nobody on this volunteer-staffed technical support forum for Microsoft Access databases will be able to help you. You'll also want to change your email address; it's now been published to tens of thousands of computers worldwide, and spammers and junk mailers can and will harvest it to send you SPAM....

Auto-response e-mail: Generate auto-response e-mail to
How to set-up next feature Auto-response e-mail: Generate auto-response e-mail to customer requests. (MS CRM Overview from MBS site) Ed I have not seen an auto-response feature in CRM. "ed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bac01c3b4e3$2ca0d6e0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How to set-up next feature > Auto-response e-mail: Generate auto-response e-mail to > customer requests. (MS CRM Overview from MBS site) > ...

Page Numbers in PwPt saved to HTML
On the master slides of my powepoint file I set up "<#> of 10 pages" to auto-number the slides in the presentation. Page numbers show up when viewing the powerpoint in presenter mode, however, when I save as for the web, all I see is <#>. We've tried a few things but haven't been able to get page numbers to show up in the html file. Any suggestions on what I can try? Thank you, Marie In article <34724D7B-6045-4E1D-A92B-DC10A4B9AC18@microsoft.com>, Marie wrote: > On the master slides of my powepoint file I set up "<#> of 10 pa...

Attachments in a mail merge document
HI I am trying to do an e-mail merge from Microsoft word. I have been successful with just formatted text. I would like to however, send an attachment along with these emails. I have tried various methods to achieve this, but have not been successful. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Is Outlook 2002 (XP) capable of doing an e-mail merge with attachments? regards, Andrew No. You would have to use a 3rd party mass mailing program if you need to send attachments. Look here for a list of possible programs: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail -- ...

URGENT: Mail access issues
Hello: I am having a problem logging into my Outlook mail account on my laptop. I get the following error: "Your logon information was incorrect. Check your username and domain, then type your password again. If your account is new or if your administrator requested a password change you need to click Change Password then logon with your new password." Seems like a straight-forward message, but here is the problem. I can access my mail account when logging on to the client's desktop computer. I should be able to logon to this account from my laptop, just like my co...

Report on select general ledger accounts, that are not sequential.
There are many time when we need to review specific general ledger accounts. These accounts are not necessarily in sequential order, therefore we have to print much more than is needed or may separate reports. It would be helpful if a detail/summary trial balance report could be generated, using some type selection criteria other than account number,segment or date. Example: We have multiple general ledgers that relate to mortgages. These accounts can be income, expense, assets, etc. They cover a large range of general ledger numbers. I'd like to pull all accounts related to mort...

A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on your behalf...
I'm using Outlook 2002 and a UK Accounts package called Sage. This package allows me to send invoices via email. Everytime I send an email I have to wait 5 seconds before I can click YES, and if I have a lot of invoices to send, this does take quite some time. Is there a way to "override" this setting so that it sends them automatically without asking me? I know the security reasons why this feature is there, its just a hinderance thats all. I do have uptodate virus checking on my emails that will hopefully catch worm viruses trying to send without my knowledge. Anyway, I h...

P L E A S E
Please, could someone help me with "DLL (Resource)" post (some 25 posts below this post). Please. Thank you. "Jan Plastenjak" <none@ms.com> wrote in message news:ewOtE0A3DHA.2700@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > Please, could someone help me with "DLL (Resource)" post (some 25 posts > below this post). Please. What? I'm to search through the newsgroup looking for find your post? I don't think so... Cheers Richard. Jan, I have already answered your post, let me repeat it: "If you go to www.microsoft.com and enter the fo...

how to stop opened attachments from reducing to bottom of page
how do you stop opened attachments from reducing to bottom of page in windows vista. On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 13:07:01 -0800, Windows Vista <Windows Vista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how do you stop opened attachments from reducing to bottom of page in windows >vista. It would appear that this question has nothing to do with Microsoft Access, the subject of this newsgroup. Please scroll down the list of subjects and repost in a Vista forum. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website is no...

New Mail Desktop Shortcut
Is there a desktop shortcut for creating a new mail message (running Windows XP)? In Windows 2000 there was a shortcut bar with a new mail message icon on it. I'm wondering if there's something similar in XP? Rob D. <RobD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a desktop shortcut for creating a new mail message (running > Windows XP)? In Windows 2000 there was a shortcut bar with a new > mail message icon on it. I'm wondering if there's something similar > in XP? It's easy enough to make one. Open Outlook and search for "command line&qu...

E-Mail Printing Problem
I posted this problem 6 or 8 months ago and have not yet seen a solution. The problem is on certain emails (Schwab Confirms as an Example) about 1" of the right side of the email is cropped. I documented and reported the problem to MSFT and someone from MSFT replied that they were aware of the issue and were working on it. That was many many months ago. The problem is/was not printer dependent or operating system dependant - just Internet Explorer and/or Windows Live Mail. It was apparent at that time that other people were experiencing the same problem. Is anyone aware...