duplicate data

My query will either pull duplicated data or no data at all. Can anybody help
me?

MsWatts,

A wee bit more information is going to be needed as you did not give us much
to go on.  Please post the SQL of the query so we can see what's going on.
It would also help to know what is it you want to see!

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"MsWatts" <MsWatts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
My query will either pull duplicated data or no data at all. Can anybody
help
me?

0
Gina

How to get the data access component separating from vc installing disk?
Hi: I write a program using vc,and it must link a database of access2000 using ODBC. I install the program to a PC with win98 and without vc and office2000,and it doesn't run. I only install the data access component from vc installing disk,and then it can run.I want to know how to get the data access component separating from vc disk? (Someone tell me to download MDAC2.7,I download and set up,but my program still cannot run.But even if the MDAC2.7 can support my program,I have a question: because the MDAC2.7 file's extension is exe,my program must make a setup program, so in the s...

outlook crm client
Hello, I am wondering how to generate quote data (crm) in world template. Unfortunatelly afther running template there is error in crm. It doesnt give answer how to resolve it. Should I create some of my own templates how to add that fields? Please help Bart ...

data validation
Is it possible to create a similar function like data validation, from which I can select multiple options? (Background: I need a list of many names, from which I case by case can select). Not really. Maybe you could use a listbox. I added a listbox from the Forms toolbar to a worksheet. I called it "List Box 1". I rightclicked on that listbox and chose Format Control. On the Control tab, I chose Selection Type of Multi. I also pointed at the range that held the values that go in that listbox. Then I added a button from the Forms toolbar (I click the button when I'm d...

Extracting Data #2
Dear All, I need a help on data extracting... I have a data abt 12 col and 40 rows with header in each col. the header like --- Inv no, Inv Dt, Customer Name, amount, chq no Chq date etc.... there are mutiple records (ie. rows) for a customer, i want to lis all the records / rows pertining to a customer and make report in a diff worksheet. I can do this using advance filter, but if i change the the custome name resepective rows will not get changed dynamically, again i have to do the whole process of advance filter.. cud u plz suggest same other method so that records are dynamicall chan...

Duplicating invitations in calendar
Hi, When sent invitations to meetings in Outlook I get about 5-10 copies in my in box, and even more when its updated or cancelled. Please advise a fix if anyone knows of one. Thanks in advance. ...

converting data
Have made an x-y scatter chart with temperature on the y axis and time on the x axis.The data was imported and the temperature is in centigrade.How can I convert the data into degrees fahrenheit? The temperature data is in column B and contained in over 400 cells The only way I know how to do this is manually converting each cell but this will take forever.Can anyone show me how to convert the entire column with a formula perhaps? -- sghioto ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sghioto's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&am...

data types while exporting to xls
Hi, I try to export my project data to Excel to further analyze it. However, when I export work needed to fullfill my assignments I receive (in Excel) texts such as "4.5 hours". It is not easy to analyze such data - I can't sum it, I can't do calculations with it. Of course, I can trim that extra text from that column in Excel using formulas, but that is uncomfortable. Can I set some option in MS Project so it exports number columns as numbers? Without that, how can I effectively use "export as pivot table" feature? A quick way in Excel is to select...

Problems with Free/Busy data after server crash
Hi, Here's a description of my problem. Any ideas of how to get around it would be greatly appreciated! I'm running Exchange 5.5 in an NT4 domain. All latest service packs and updates are installed. ExchangeA has been the sole exchange server for a number of years. A couple of weeks ago it started developing major problems so I installed a second server (ExchangeB) so I could move everything accross. This was set to be in the same site as ExchangeA. They replicated without a problem (or at least that's what I first thought) and all users were migrated to ExchangeB with the view ...

Secondary Axis Without Data Points?
Is it possible to have two Y Axes (one left and one right) with only one data series? Thanks, Phil Hi Phil, Yes but you need to cheat! Make chart in normal way. Now select the range of cells with the y-values and use Copy command; click on chart and use Paste. Now you have two identical series. Right click on the new data series in the chart; from popup menu use Format Data Series; on Axis tab specify Secondary Axis and on Pattern tab specify No makers and NO line (make second series invisible) Hope this helps best wishes Bernard "Phil Hageman" <PhilHageman@discussions.mi...

Data Files button Command ID
Using Outlook 2003, does anyone know the command ID for the "Data Files" button in Tools > Options > Mail Setup? Limbo It's not a toolbar button, therefore, it has no CommandBar ID. What are = you trying to accomplish?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Limbo" <limbo2u@surffast.com> wrote in message = ne...

CRM 4.0 Report Deployment
Hi When I deploy a custom report (through Web UI) and run it, no data is displayed. The report header, footer, etc, display, but there is no data. To simplify the problem I created a very simple report with no parameters, which selects all from filteredsystemuser, and the problem was the same. This is in a test VPC, the whole environment is contained in the VPC. I am developing/publishing/viewing as the CRM administrator. The steps I took were: - Created a new report in Business Intelligence Development Studio using Wizard (installed in VPC) - Created a new DataSet called dsTest with a new D...

Data exchange between threads
I have a multithreaded MFC app in which a worker thread is producing some data (images, graphs, log messages) and sending them over to the GUI thread. This is done via CWnd::PostMessage(), passing pointer to the data as the parameter. The GUI thread displays the images/graphs and appends messages to the end of log pane as they are coming in. Everything is fine unless the worker thread produces data too quickly. In this case the GUI thread mostly sits in the message handler and the display appears quite irresponsive. Lowering worker thread priority solves the problem, but this means lo...

Data Merge Question ?
I am a very novice Access user. I work at a law firm and am trying to utilize Access to create a data base of clients, with their contact info and other things, tha will merge with the various forms we use to file with courts... is this possible? And... can two people work in the database at the same time? THanks for any help that comes my way! Judy St. John Pugmom, If they are Word documents, have a look at... http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html Yes, two people can work in a database at the same time but I strongly recommend splitting ...

Printing data forms
I would like to be able to print Excel data forms. Is there a way? In some event of the form (a button, a click of the form itself, whatever): Me.PrintForm "Curious" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:170101c47bf9$f9191420$a301280a@phx.gbl... >I would like to be able to print Excel data forms. Is > there a way? If you mean the form you get when you do Data=>Form with the form displayed, do Alt+Print Screen. then drop the form and go to a new worksheet and do Edit=>Paste This will put an image of the form on the worksheet and yo...

Hide data points prior to a certain date
I have a line chart with three series over time. One series represents actual values. For future dates, I made a formula return "#N/A" so that they won't be plotted. For one of the other lines, I would like to do something similar for *past* dates up to March 2008. When I change the source data to start at the March 2008 value, of course this skews the graph and puts the March 2008 value where the graph starts, at November 2007. I can't do the #N/A trick, since other data depends on these values. I would be happy to just right-click and hide the November through March data ...

get SQL Server text data type into Excel pivot table
Is it possible to get the full text of SQL Server TEXT data types into Excel pivot tables? SQL Server 7 and Excel 2002 SP3 I have a table that has "text" data type column. I have an ODBC connection to the database. I go to Excel's PivotTable Wizard and select the ODBC data source, and then the table and columns, but I only get a max of 253 characters in my pivot table for the text type column (I know it's being truncated). I've found some VB code to get CLOB data from various DB types but I still don't know if it's possible to get that into my pivot ta...

Prevent duplicate append
Help! I have been working on this all day and cannot get my head around a solution.... I am running Access 2003. I have created the following select query: SELECT ScrapData.ScrapDate, ScrapData.PartNo, ScrapData.Description, ScrapData.CostCtr, ScrapData.Value FROM ScrapData GROUP BY ScrapData.ScrapDate, ScrapData.PartNo, ScrapData.Description, ScrapData.CostCtr, ScrapData.Value, HAVING (((ScrapData.ScrapDate) Between [Forms]![frmSelectCMCC]![FromDate] And [Forms]![frmSelectCMCC]! [ToDate])) ORDER BY ScrapData.ScrapDate; called "qryPart1CM" from there, I have creat...

how do i enter data for a # of years using a formula? #2
i am working on excel and the book asks that i enter data s=using formulas for specifically the last three years of what i am referencing to. and i have to know how to us the copy command button. can anyone help ...

inverting a column of data
Hi! Everyone, I have a column of numerical data entered in (say) A1.A100. How can I reverse their order, i.e to have value in A100 to be in B1, A99 in B2, ... and A1 in B100? Appreciate any helps. Hi in B1 enter =OFFSET($A$100,-(ROW()-1),0) and copy down "LCC" wrote: > Hi! Everyone, > > I have a column of numerical data entered in (say) > A1.A100. How can I reverse their order, i.e to have value > in A100 to be in B1, A99 in B2, ... and A1 in B100? > > Appreciate any helps. > In B1 enter =OFFSET($A$1,COUNT(A1:$A$100)-1,0) and copy down to B100 ...

Removing duplicates 10-23-07
Hi I have a contacts table with four fields Contact_ID, Company_ID, Forename and Surname. As a result of recent data import, many companies have ended up with duplicate contacts, so for instance Company_ID 109 will have multiple contacts with the same forename and surname. What is the way to remove such duplicates such that each company is left with only one contact of a specific forename+surname set? Thanks Regards On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 21:45:23 +0100, "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote: >Hi > >I have a contacts table with four fields Contact_ID, Company_I...

Unique Rank with Duplicate Entries 03-30-10
Hi, I have a question about a slightly complicated Rank function I want to write, and I’m having a problem with it. Say you have the following data: Bob Jim Bob Dan Bill Jim Bob Matt Bob Jim Dan Matt Greg I want to make a list that ranks these entries in order of how often they appear, and that takes into account ties. Like so: Bob (4) Jim (3) Matt (2) Dan (2) Greg (1) Bill (1) Does anyone have any ideas? I’ve come close using CountIf and Unique Ranks, but I can’t figure out how to resolve the problem of having the same names oc...

How to check for duplicates in a list of names and dates
I am using microsoft excel 2000, (9.0.2720) In a list of bookings, comprising names locations and dates, I need to highlight any problem of duplication. So if I book the same person into two locations on a single date or two people for the same location on a single date I need to highlight that problem. Is there a method of doing this in excel please? check out Chip Pearson's site for help with this http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm "Robert,MofD" wrote: > I am using microsoft excel 2000, (9.0.2720) > > In a list of bookings, comprising names locations...

Adding a Formula as a data variable in a pivot
Is it possible to create a formula as data column in a pivot table? For eamaple let's say I have the following Table: Name Billed Charges Paid Charges George 1000 500 Pilar 2000 750 Fred 1211 602 I would like to add a data variable of [Billed Charges] - [Paid Charges] and another [Billed Charges] / [Paid Charges] -1 I know that one way to do this is to add columns to the raw data and refresh the pivot, but I am wondering whether I can create a calculated formula as...

Data Analysis in PWA 2007
Where can I find an exhaustive treatment of the details of Data Analysis in PWA 2007? jlbreyer -- A lot depends by what you mean by "exhaustive." Our Implementing and Administering Microsoft Office Project 2007 book has a thorough chapter in it about creating Data Analysis views and the OLAP cubes upon which they can be based. We also provide some real world examples of useful Data Analysis views that can be created for each family of OLAP cubes. Beyond this, the book also includes a free download file that includes two Excel workbooks that help the Project Serv...

Compare/Validate and add new data
Friends, I am new to VBA. I need a help in the following : I have 2 spreadsheets : A) Workbook A : C1, C2, C3, C4, C5 R1 R2 R3 R4 R5 B) Workbook B C1, C3, C5 R1 R2 R3 Note the following : 1. Workbook A has more columns and rows (new rows). 2. Both workbooks will have data My Requirement: I want to update Workbook B with following requirements: 1) Look for all existing rows and columns of Workbook B in Workbook A and then update Workbook B with latest values for those already existing and then add new rows with only required columns (C1, C3 & C5) of new rows. 2) I also ...