DSum by group

I have a textbox with a DSum function, but would like it to query only within
each group.  It seems that most other functions (e.g Avg) automatically
calculate by group, but DSum doesn't seem to be.

=DSum([MKTCAP],"QryFILTER",[MKTCAP]>100)

The text box is within the Group Footer, and I'd like it to return a
different value below each group.
Thanks!

"RussG" <RussG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a textbox with a DSum function, but would like it to query only
>within
> each group.  It seems that most other functions (e.g Avg) automatically
> calculate by group, but DSum doesn't seem to be.
>
> =DSum([MKTCAP],"QryFILTER",[MKTCAP]>100)
>
> The text box is within the Group Footer, and I'd like it to return a
> different value below each group.
> Thanks!

The D in DSum stands for Domain.  It will sum regardless of group.

In a group footer, you want Sum which will sum just that group.

Tom Lake

0
Tom
3/15/2007 3:33:10 PM
Is there a "sumif" function, or any other way to sum within a group based on
certain criteria?

"Tom Lake" wrote:

> "RussG" <RussG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a textbox with a DSum function, but would like it to query only
> >within
> > each group.  It seems that most other functions (e.g Avg) automatically
> > calculate by group, but DSum doesn't seem to be.
> >
> > =DSum([MKTCAP],"QryFILTER",[MKTCAP]>100)
> >
> > The text box is within the Group Footer, and I'd like it to return a
> > different value below each group.
> > Thanks!
>
> The D in DSum stands for Domain.  It will sum regardless of group.
>
> In a group footer, you want Sum which will sum just that group.
>
> Tom Lake

Setting up a rule for receiving email from one of my groups
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Email Client: Exchange I am trying to set up a rule that moves mail received from my group to their folder in my inbox. I can't seem to get it right. Is there a limit to how many people you can list in your criterion? How do I separate their names? Help! On 2/10/10 8:39 AM, adamspat@officeformac.com wrote: > I am trying to set up a rule that moves mail received from my group > to their folder in my inbox. I can't seem to get it right. Is there a > limit to how many people you can list in your criterion? How do I...

Crosstab Groupings
I would like to create a crosstab query to count IDs by specific ranges: 95% > 75 - 94% 50-74% <50% I do not know how to create this grouping by percentage. Post the SQL of your crosstab. -- Build a little, test a little. "Karen" wrote: > I would like to create a crosstab query to count IDs by specific ranges: > > 95% > > 75 - 94% > 50-74% > <50% > > I do not know how to create this grouping by percentage. Also, do you want these groupings as Row Headings or Column Headings? Can you share anything about your table...

Enable Data Groups to be centrally administrated
Enable the capability to centrally manage the data groups for remote Outlook Laptop. This would include the creation, modifying, or removing of data group definitions along with selective deployment to the remote Outlook Laptop client users. Some of the benefits of having a centrally managed environement for Data Groups would include: Users would not have to be trained on how to define and use their data groups. This would help reduce support resources when troubleshooting a user's issue of missing data. A new user type could have proven data groups deployed to them quiclkly. --...

DSUM function
another quetion with my homework. Use the DSUM function to calculate the total number of vacation days remaining. I put in this: =DSUM('Employee Data'!E6:E109,"17",D4) You do this for days remaining. I get the E6:E109 from the Employee Data sheet that Is titled Remaining Vacation Leave. I get the D4 from my leave summary sheet that shows the total days as 612. You do this for 17 day vac, 12 days of vacation,7 and then 0. I get an error #VALUE Not sure what to do or where to go with this. -- Too old to be in college It is a pretty good explanation in help for the ...

DPM 2010 Protection group syncronization frequency
For a protection group, can I set syncronization frequency to 72 hours (3 days) via powershell? 24 hours is the longest periode of time available via the GUI. Why? Large protection group synchronization takes over 24 hours and want to avoide the errors every other day. Are you doing consistency checks with every synch? Wouldn't you want to go the other direction and make the synchronizations more frequent so they don't take as long? What kind of data is it, how quickly does it change, and how big is the overall Protection Group? Daniel "skoog" wr...

Grouping cells
I have a document of several columns and rows. I need to have column B, D, E and F grouped somehow for each row so that if we delete the info in column B, column D,E,F automatically delete. Does anyone know how to do this? I don't think that there's a way to insure it. But you could give the users a macro that did the deleting the way you want. If you make that macro easy to use, then maybe they'll use that instead of the built in methods. When you delete info in column B, do you want to delete the whole row or do you just shift the cells up (for B and D:F)? Or do you mean cl...

Send email from group mailbox
I have a group mailbox set up in my Outlook profile (it's set up as an additional mailbox in my profile). Therefore I have my personal email, and this group mailbox appears as a folder in my folder list. Let's call the group mailbox, "XX Group". If I "Reply" to a message received from the group mailbox, a "From" field appears and "XX Group" is listed in that field. If I send the message, the message will appear to be from "XX Group" instead of from me. However, if I simply open a new mail message, I don't get that "From&qu...

Subquery group by
HI I wouldlike help with the following question. I recieve the can't group by in the where clause error in the following subquery. Can someone tell me where i should have the group by. I tried to create a second select statement but it didn't work for me. Thanks in advance for any help SELECT qryProduction.[AgentID], Sum(nz([qryProduction]![MTDPoints])+nz([Production]![PolicyCount])) AS Expr1, (Select [EndingProduction] From qryProduction as Prod2 Where Max([Prod2].[Snap Month Number]) = Max([qryProduction].[Snap Month Number])) AS MaxSnapMonth FROM qryProduction ...

Radio Buttons, Grouping, and Control Variables
I need to create a control variable for each radio button in a group. However, I am only able to do this for the first one in the group because the others' resource IDs aren't available in the 'Add Variable...' dialog box. Why can't I create a control variable for every radio button in a group? And how do I get around it Related question: How can I change the 'Visible' property during run-time of a control for which I've created a control variable? There should be a method function or flag... "voidxor" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skr...

Missing Entry in Group Calendar?
Hi, We have a group calendar setup as a public folder on Exchange 2003. For the past 2 weeks people have been adding details to a particular entry, that is a training course we are running, i.e. location, delegates etc. However for some reason this morning, the entire entry is missing. Is there anyway I can find out who deleted this entry, or when it was last modified, or if it's just become corrupt somehow? We have backups on veritas backup exec, so I should be able to restore, but it would be nice to find out how it was deleted first! We're running Exchange 2003 SP2, on Windo...

Show in Groups #2
We recently converted our office from Outlook Express to Outlook. We have many users that do not like the Show In Groups feature. I know this can be turned off from View - Arrange By - Show In Groups. My question is can this be turned off for all email folders at the same time. Many of our users have quite a few folders that were transfered over from Outlook Express and want to turn this off for all folers. Thanks! Kathy - Lovullo <KathyLovullo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We recently converted our office from Outlook Express to Outlook. We > have many users that...

Ongoing problems inviting member to join group
Hi, I wrote an earlier question about an undeliverable invite to a potential group member. It appears the problem is that her ISP is Orange and she has an orange email. She's tried to set up another one but it won't allow her to download messages. She has joined the group but now WLM won't let her sign in with her wanadoo email which she entered in the first place! This is fast becoming a right pain... Help please EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Remotesoft Obfuscator, Decompiler, Protector http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/8a7913ca-b11e-42bc-8b71-...

Sum of two groups
I have the following formula attempting to get some totals by aging category. =SUMPRODUCT(--(B2:B1096=T12),--(AA2:AA1096=U11),Q2:Q1096) T12 = a 2 digit code of text. Example CL U11 = >540 Q2:Q1096 = represents the dollars I want to sum I think my problem is the aging dates range from 24 to 3293 days. I want to break that into two categories of greater than 540, and less than 540. Is that doable with a formula similar to the above? I have in one cell (U11) >540 typed and in another with <540 (V11). Your help is appreciated. JHL Change cell U11 to just 540....

How to restor control on Administrative group
Hello, I have several MS Exchange 5.5 for each department we have one Exchange and one administrative group. We lost our server and in thats why we install MS Exchange 2003 (we have licences, but central organization didn't upgrade from 5.5 to 2003) and we connect it to our Administrative group and everything is working fine. But if I browse throught Exchange System Manager, I see all Administratives groups without colors (gray). If I create new admistrative group, that it is shown with colors (red). What means thet my Administrative group is gray? Does it mean, that I havent contr...

DSUM
Hi, can anyone help please ? running a DSUM fomula below =+DSUM(maindata,"it_cost",H1:I2)/100 H1:I2 holds a conditional name for a sales rep to extract his sales from the data on a specified date. The problem I have is the Quantity needs multiplying by the it_cost on each row before the DSUM result is obtained. i.e. total sum of all reps sales on a specified date Qty x cost = x do I extend the DSUM formula to get the required answer? thanks -- Vass ...

dsum with 2 criteria
Whats wrong with this code YearCabinsTurnover = DSum("[SumOfSubTotal]", "Query8", "[Year]=" & NowYear And "[OrderType]= '2'") Thanks SImon On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 13:45:37 -0800 (PST), Simon wrote: > Whats wrong with this code > > YearCabinsTurnover = DSum("[SumOfSubTotal]", "Query8", "[Year]=" & > NowYear And "[OrderType]= '2'") > > Thanks > > SImon What is NowYear? A Control name on a form? I'll assume it will have a Number value, i.e....

Unable to delete storage group
I have recently created a new storage group on an exchange 2000 enterprise server. However I a unable to remove the old storage group as there are 4 mailboxes within it that I am unable to delete, I have tried running the cleanup agent but this makes no difference. The 4 mailboxes are not users but appear to be some sort of system generated mailboxes, they are called Internet Mail Service (server name), MS Mail Connector (server name), System Attendant and SMTP (server name) How can I remove these mailboxes and then the storage group Thank you in advance for your assistance. Move these mail...

Groups
Is there a limit to number of members(addresses) in a group with any of the outlook versions? If so does anyone know what the limits are. With which transport? Those limits are set by mail servers, not Outlook. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "amanda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1627d01c447e2$fda55b70$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a limit to number of members(addresses) in a > group with any of the outlook versions? If so does anyone > know what the limits are. ...

alt Group For 64 Bit Windows
As people may know MSFT are closing their news groups and trying to move people to forums. It's not an attractive option, MSFT's NNTP bridge is extremely slow and all the posts are in HTML unfortunately. There has been some discussion about this in microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general so this is by way of a seeding message to see if there is support for an alt group - perhaps alt.windows64? -- Jeff Gaines Dorset UK There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home. (Ken Olson, president Digital Equipment, 1977) On 5/20/2010 8:34 AM, Jeff Gaines wrote...

Move Server between Admin Groups
For a while now we have had a training network with 2 mail servers. One houses Instructor mailboxes, the other has student mailboxes. Buth administered by myself. I want to offload admin of the student server to a group of instructors. I have created a new admin group with the relevent permissions delegated. I wish to be able to remove one mail server from first admin group into Classroom servers admin group. I know officially this is not possible without reinstalling Exchange, but un-officially it can be done, or so I am told by using ADSI Edit. I located the server I want to move in the co...

Smartlist Grouping
Is there any way to group the ever increasing list of SmartList reports into logical 'folders'. Would be great to have one for Finance, one for Operations etc. and have department or function specific reports under there instead of a huge list through which one has to scroll. thanks. Nope, but it would be nice. I have seen folks add their name to the end so other people know no to change it. You could add a department to the front so at least everything would be grouped together. Then again, you've already got a big list like the rest of us don't you? Mark (DynamicAccounti...

DSUM search issues
I'm using a simple dsum to collapse and summarize records. My criteria is a text field. My target or search database column is a text field. DSUM returns invalid summations, because it appears to find text matches for any target record that has common characters starting from the left most or first cahracter. ie.. DSUM return values where Criteria = bob target = bob value to return = 1 target = bobby value to return = 1 target = bobxxxx value = 1 dsum returns 3. this is incorrect, as i only want the records for "bob". i do not want the records for "...

Is Microsoft monitoring this group
I see very few recent responses by anyone from Microsoft to questions/comments posted on this thread. I thought MS was supposed to be monitoring this and other groups and resonding within two days. Is that the understanding of other posters as well? Rich at Genesys Rich at Genesys No MS does not monitor this group moreover it si going to close them in a few monthts What are you asking? "Rich at Genesys" <RichatGenesys@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1AAFE3F-5AA6-4E22-90D0-D81ECAAF7486@microsoft.com... >I see very few recent responses by a...

Creating New Category Groups
I recently purchased Money 2004 and opened my older file in the new program. Several of my categories converted to unassigned Category Groups. I would like to create new Category Groups but I was unable to locate in the help menu the information needed to do this. Can someone help me with this? You can respond to me directly using my email address. Thank you. In microsoft.public.money, S. Link wrote: >I recently purchased Money 2004 and opened my older file >in the new program. Several of my categories converted to >unassigned Category Groups. I would like to create new >...

I wish to group my worksheets under group tabs
is this still not do-able? Yes. It's not do-able--well, at least through xl2007. Art wrote: > > is this still not do-able? -- Dave Peterson ...